EVERYONE Will Get Finasteride Side-Effects Eventually

INT

Reaction score
This is exactly like those blood clots from Astra Zeneca. Sure, one in ten thousand or something, but do you want to be the unlucky one?

And crippling a son is beyond fucked up. How does one live with themselves after that?

Astra Zeneca blood clots happened to 17 people from 10.000.000 that got the vaccine in the UK and it is still not sure whether that could be linked to the vaccine.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is exactly like those blood clots from Astra Zeneca. Sure, one in ten thousand or something, but do you want to be the unlucky one?

And crippling a son is beyond fucked up. How does one live with themselves after that?
Lol, the blood clotting from AZ is less prevalent then blood clots you'd expect from the same sample of normal population. Very apt metaphor in what is largely a fear mongering thread.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This the type of thread that makes a 10-yr old finasteride patient with no sides, get sides.

Not shitting on sides, this just isn’t the thread for me.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Men take Proviron (a DHT derivative) to oppose estrogen and increase their libido. Yet don't think reducing their own DHT will lead to estrogen dominance, lower libido...

Not a single man without hair loss even thinks about inhibiting their DHT, it's only when they start balding that they invent all sorts of cope to comfort themselves about having to take finasteride. Sales will plummet the moment something better comes along, in fact I'm quite confident that BAY 1158061 will blow it out of the water.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sales will plummet the moment something better comes along
I agree, I don't think the majority of people on finasteride particularly want to take it, guys have been waiting since 1997 though, for something better to come along, but as of yet it hasn't happened.

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, I don't think the majority of people on finasteride particularly want to take it, guys have been waiting since 1997 though, for something better to come along, but as of yet it hasn't happened.

I don't think there's any happy solution here tbh. At some point everyone who is balding is faced with the decision of taking vs. not taking finasteride.

If you don't take it and don't manage to stop your hair loss with something else, you may forever regret never trying it (as it could have worked for you without side effects and you'll never know) and live your life wondering if you could've maybe saved your hair.

On the other hand you may take it and like me you get side effects but are so desperate to keep your hair that you continue to take it for one year even though it barely works, and then get hit with awful long lasting side effects after quitting the drug.

I wish that we weren't still stuck with such crude options in 2021 but that's the reality of it. Not much has changed and it's discouraging seeing all these newcomers still in the same position as I was years ago (you can probably say the same thing with even more conviction).

honesty

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, the first time I used Finasteride when I was 20 (?) for a month I noticed that my c*m was watery or that I would go completely dry. At my last pill next month or so I noticed that i had gained around 4kg and my right side of the breast was bigger (never seen anything like that before on me as i've always been a very skinny dude). I stopped. Fast forward 2 years, cut my pills to around 1.25mg (Yeah i know it's stupid, previously 1mg was giving me sides, but this 5mg pill seemed too inconvenient to break differently). Took JUST!!! 4 pills over 4 days and i don't know why exactly, but felt like the sides are gonna come again, so i quit again. Next month i notice actual GYNO under my left nipple, LOL! Went to 3 doctors already and yeah I have gyno, they scanned it and now i have to see my doctor again and they might have to cut it out, lol. Now when i already have got gyno and not sexually active at the moment and ultra depressed i cut my pills to 0.5 mg, still experience sides + depression is way worse on it.. I mean i was alright for a while without anything, but as soon as i noticed a lot of hair in the shower again i couldn't stop, but jump on this Finasteride thing again knowing that it would mess me up. It's such a disgusting drug. Think it slowed down the shed, tho. Idk what to do, cut these 0.5mg pills in half and eat this satan's dust until i become a depressed female or jump on Dutasteride to accelerate the process of transition or get a dermapen and soak my bleeding scalp in Minoxidil and Topical Finasteride (haven't tried topical) or R58441 (also haven't tried this one) or all 3?

Just my input on my Finasteride experience, but some tips would be appreciated.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Men take Proviron (a DHT derivative) to oppose estrogen and increase their libido. Yet don't think reducing their own DHT will lead to estrogen dominance, lower libido...

Not a single man without hair loss even thinks about inhibiting their DHT, it's only when they start balding that they invent all sorts of cope to comfort themselves about having to take finasteride. Sales will plummet the moment something better comes along, in fact I'm quite confident that BAY 1158061 will blow it out of the water.
I mean I think it's pretty obvious that sales of finasteride and minoxidil will go to 0 the second something unanimously better hits commercialization, neither of them actually work very well. Sure, if you started finasteride the very second you noticed thinning you might be okay, but most people start at a level of hairloss that they are not comfortable with (hence why they sought out treatment) and all finasteride does is hold you there. Minoxidil hardly does anything for anyone, as evidenced by it's 98% drop in usage after 1 year.

Finasteride is draconian in it's systematic "solution" to what ideally should be solved through topically administered treatment (like BAY). Even Kintor's topical AA (if successful) would probably destroy sales of finasteride, and we're only about 1-2 years away from it's commercialization. I'm sure users on here will have it in late 2021 or early 2022 when it's approved in China.

I think you kind of disprove your own point here though. The reason no one thinks about inhibiting DHT prior to hairloss is probably largely because post-puberty DHT doesn't play too significant a role one way or the other unless brought down to basically 0 in some people. Obviously their are degrees of sensitivity to this but there are men who have taken dutasteride for 15+ years and never noticed a single adverse effect.

Last edited:

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So many people get on finasteride without doing preliminary bloodwork first. Everyone should get their DHT, Testosterone, Estradiol, and SHBG levels checked first, that way they can have some idea beforehand if they'd get sides on finasteride.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
So many people get on finasteride without doing preliminary bloodwork first. Everyone should get their DHT, Testosterone, Estradiol, and SHBG levels checked first, that way they can have some idea beforehand if they'd get sides on finasteride.
The problem is its not a current requirement in the documentation, so GP's just prescribe finasteride without mentioning it to anyone, then by the time patients read up about it, its already too late. I know nothing about preliminary bloodwork, but If its a case that, sides on finasteride can be possibly predicted based on your starting levels, it seams daft that this is not changed to become a compulsory requirement prior to dispensing.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is draconian in it's systematic "solution" to what ideally should be solved through topically administered treatment (like BAY). Even Kintor's topical AA (if successful) would probably destroy sales of finasteride, and we're only about 1-2 years away from it's commercialization. I'm sure users on here will have it in late 2021 or early 2022 when it's approved in China.
This will be great if other options do finally become approved, there have been dozens of 'Breakthough treatments' on the horizon but so far everyone has fizzled out at the final hurdle, so I doubt many finasteride users will be binning there tablets just yet until one actually makes it.

honesty

My Regimen
Reaction score

Could you please elaborate and explain what levels of DHT, Test, Estradiol and SHGB should one have to not get sides? I tested for Testosterone before taking it and it was in the high 900's.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you please elaborate and explain what levels of DHT, Test, Estradiol and SHGB should one have to not get sides? I tested for Testosterone before taking it and it was in the high 900's.
I'm not an expert on it, but I read this article Is Post Finasteride Syndrome Real? | How To Diagnose And Reverse It (moreplatesmoredates.com) by someone with some knowledge on it and I believe it makes sense.
DHT is more androgenic than Test, so if you're cutting your DHT in half (or more) by using finasteride, then you'd better hope you have high testosterone levels to compensate for it, that way you can retain your manliness or whatever. Some people may have all their initial hormone levels within the reference range, but the problem is that maybe their testosterone was on the lower end of reference, and their estrogen was on the higher end of reference. What do you think will happen to someone if they took finasteride at that point? The article reckons that, more likely than not, they'd end up with the dreaded side-effects.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This will be great if other options do finally become approved, there have been dozens of 'Breakthough treatments' on the horizon but so far everyone has fizzled out at the final hurdle, so I doubt many finasteride users will be binning there tablets just yet until one actually makes it.
This is why I'm a bit scared to start finasteride. I've seen some reports of people doing fine on their initial run of finasteride, then they stopped for whatever reason, but upon restarting finasteride they ended up with either the usual side-effects or reflex hyperandrogenicity. I'm just wondering if using finasteride could somehow negatively affect results of future treatments, after all usually they don't include people with a history of finasteride usage in clinical trials.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if using finasteride could somehow negatively affect results of future treatments,
Ask the guys on the CB-03-01 / Clascoterone thread, I would have thought a fair few of them have swapped from finasteride to that, that may well be the next topical that gets approved.

sytpg

My Regimen
Reaction score
according to studies side effects are temporary and only effect 1-4% of men yet on online forums that number seems to be way higher

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why I'm a bit scared to start finasteride. I've seen some reports of people doing fine on their initial run of finasteride, then they stopped for whatever reason, but upon restarting finasteride they ended up with either the usual side-effects or reflex hyperandrogenicity. I'm just wondering if using finasteride could somehow negatively affect results of future treatments, after all usually they don't include people with a history of finasteride usage in clinical trials.
Ideally you want to keep as much of your current hair as you can, what treatment you choose is up to you, waiting a year or so is one thing, but I don't think in balance waiting along time with the hope that a new option will appear is a rational choice.