Do You Think Justin Bieber Is Balding? (pics)

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is the most cucked type of hairloss tbh

This is what I have, unfortunately. Closer to Norwood 3A than 2A, really. Plus diffuse thinning all over, a huge vertex bald spot that's ~80+% bald, and retrograde alopecia, menaing my sides and nape of the neck are also very thin. The very center front of my hairline is also MUCh thinner/bald than the front sides, so I have zero forelock. Combover + heavy concealers is my only option. FML.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I have, unfortunately. Closer to Norwood 3A than 2A, really. Plus diffuse thinning all over, a huge vertex bald spot that's ~80+% bald, and retrograde alopecia, menaing my sides and nape of the neck are also very thin. The very center front of my hairline is also MUCh thinner/bald than the front sides, so I have zero forelock. Combover + heavy concealers is my only option. FML.

Have you tried out the big three?

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you tried out the big three?

Halfheartedly tried Rogaine for about 5-6 weeks, but didn't notice any gains so I stopped. It doesn't help that I use concealer, so applying the rogaine means I have to wash the concealer out of my hair and fix my hair up again afterwards. I also stopped because I was afraid of the initial shed. Never tried Finasteride because I'm incredibly risk-averse and would like to stay fertile. I do use Nizoral every 3-4 days, but that's for my Seb Derm more so than hair loss.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Halfheartedly tried Rogaine for about 5-6 weeks, but didn't notice any gains so I stopped. It doesn't help that I use concealer, so applying the rogaine means I have to wash the concealer out of my hair and fix my hair up again afterwards. I also stopped because I was afraid of the initial shed. Never tried Finasteride because I'm incredibly risk-averse and would like to stay fertile. I do use Nizoral every 3-4 days, but that's for my Seb Derm more so than hair loss.

Can't you just freeze some sperm? Also from what I've read most of the fertility hit from finasteride recovers over time. Here's some info on that:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...than-enzalutamide.105402/page-62#post-1658016

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I cant believe some people still doubt he's losing hair. I have almost the same hair he has now and can tell you he's playing coverup game

justin-bieber-breakfast-april-2018-02.jpg

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 86119
Really? Compare the two pics, my friend
Looks like he went from a juveniles hairline to a more straight/mature hairline. JB is still Norwood 1, that much is undeniable. Although the hair on top does look thinner, his hairline is still solid.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Looks like he went from a juveniles hairline to a more straight/mature hairline. JB is still Norwood 1, that much is undeniable. Although the hair on top does look thinner, his hairline is still solid.
@AnxiousAndy, from my perspective you have better hair than him.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@AnxiousAndy, from my perspective you have better hair than him.
Most certainly not, my hair is thinner ( naturally fine )than his and has receded more. Its very 'fly away' with a light breeze. I'm not sure why people on here think I have extremely thick hair :confused: medium fine at best.

Attachments

• IMG_20180421_184143.jpg
    IMG_20180421_184143.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,186

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Most certainly not, my hair is thinner ( naturally fine )than his and has receded more. Its very 'fly away' with a light breeze. I'm not sure why people on here think I have extremely thick hair :confused: medium fine at best.
Comb your hair forward like his. I am sure yours will look better.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score

You're on a pretty heavy regimen at this point. I think it will turn around. Give it 3-4 months on the new treatments to see if shedding slows down or stops.

If it doesn't, get your test & DHT levels checked, and then depending, consider bumping the finasteride to 2.5 mg or 5 mg per day (if DHT is still too high) or switch to dutasteride. Cyproterone can go to 100 mg and is used at up to that dose in women with hair loss (ref).

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Comb your hair forward like his. I am sure yours will look better.
My hair does seem to look fairly better brushed down but it doesn't help with my hairline being noticeably receded, the hair thats closer to the browline is thin and wispy compared to the hair further back.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're on a pretty heavy regimen at this point. I think it will turn around. Give it 3-4 months on the new treatments to see if shedding slows down or stops.

If it doesn't, get your test & DHT levels checked, and then depending, consider bumping the finasteride to 2.5 mg or 5 mg per day (if DHT is still too high) or switch to dutasteride. Cyproterone can go to 100 mg and is used at up to that dose in women with hair loss (ref).
Okay I will! Today I have seemed to shed a bit less than usual so far. At this time (7:12PM ) I would have had about 120 hairs.. But today it has only been about 90. I won't hold my breath though as I've had days where I shed less then the next day more than makes up for it with 200+ In a day. God I hope that doesn't happen.. I may give dutasteride a trial run but I'm terrified of it eating up my hairline. I would go higher dose of CPA but I'm worried about liver issues as I'm a heavy cope drinker.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay I will! Today I have seemed to shed a bit less than usual so far. At this time (7:12PM ) I would have had about 120 hairs.. But today it has only been about 90. I won't hold my breath though as I've had days where I shed less then the next day more than makes up for it with 200+ In a day. God I hope that doesn't happen.. I may give dutasteride a trial run but I'm terrified of it eating up my hairline. I would go higher dose of CPA but I'm worried about liver issues as I'm a heavy cope drinker.

Wow man. You're balding aggressively with that much loss noticeable. How do you do your hair counts? During my worse Telogen Effluvium i was shedding around 60 hairs into the sink just during applying my topical. Now it's maybe 1-2 max.

Stop drinking it's really toxic to your body and hair. You need to eat healthy and take care of yourself if you want your hair to grow well. There's a reason baldness is much more common in industrialized nations. Junk food and thinks like smoking/alcohol are hugely inflammatory in the body and that manifests in premature aging and faster hair loss.

I know it would be hard to "quit" if you're becoming an alcoholic over your hair, but keep in mind the alcohol is almost certainly worsening your hair. Obviously this is not the cause. But it's not going to help.

I definitely think your current regimen should shut down the balding if you can handle it and it turns out to be safe for you. You're just fighting a really tough battle with how aggressive your hairloss is at such a young age. You'll always probably have to fight it hard if you want to keep it. All those megadosed oral antiandrogens will be hard on your body over the years. For now it's fine, but you won't want to do those oral drugs for decades.

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes andy don't drink alcohol this is stupid !
@IdealForehead ; you really think taht increasing is fina dosage to 2.5 mg would help him ?
btw andy , if you are not afraid of sides i would replace fina by duta !

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes andy don't drink alcohol this is stupid !
@IdealForehead ; you really think taht increasing is fina dosage to 2.5 mg would help him ?
btw andy , if you are not afraid of sides i would replace fina by duta !

I don't know. Maybe. I'm running an experiment on myself right now with finasteride for 2 weeks. I tried 1.25 mg/day for a year 4 years ago and it did nothing for me. Since I had my surgery I've had trouble applying my topicals while I was healing. So I decided to try 5 mg a day of finasteride to see if that would help me until I get back to my usual routine. I'm gonna check my blood in 1-2 weeks to see if my DHT is suppressed on this dose. Some of us just might be more resistant to the meds than others and thus need a higher dose. That's easy to confirm by just checking DHT before and after though on the blood.

Also re: Bieber, from a Lipstick Alley thread on Bieber's balding:

White male aging is weird. They either go full on Homer Simpson by 30 or get rugged handsome, ain't no in between. Looks like Biebers genetics is more Homer.

Hahaha just brutal. Lipstick Alley is one of the most brutally red pilled women's websites on the Internet.

For reference, Bieber's "Homer Simpson" family genetics:

img_7183-jpg.jpg

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow man. You're balding aggressively with that much loss noticeable. How do you do your hair counts? During my worse Telogen Effluvium i was shedding around 60 hairs into the sink just during applying my topical. Now it's maybe 1-2 max.

Stop drinking it's really toxic to your body and hair. You need to eat healthy and take care of yourself if you want your hair to grow well. There's a reason baldness is much more common in industrialized nations. Junk food and thinks like smoking/alcohol are hugely inflammatory in the body and that manifests in premature aging and faster hair loss.

I know it would be hard to "quit" if you're becoming an alcoholic over your hair, but keep in mind the alcohol is almost certainly worsening your hair. Obviously this is not the cause. But it's not going to help.

I definitely think your current regimen should shut down the balding. You're just fighting a really tough battle with how aggressive your hairloss is at such a young age. You'll always probably have to fight it hard if you want to keep it. In the long run, if you can get it stabilized, I think switching to topical daro would be much safer for you. All those megadosed oral antiandrogens will be hard on your body over the years. For now it's fine, but you won't want to do those oral drugs for decades.
Your the first person to recognize just how dire my situation really is. Its a relief and a sinking feeling all at the same lol. I count hairs as I go about my day ( I rarely leave the house ) I check my pillow every morning for hairs, this is usually in between 10 - 20. Very next thing I do is go for a shower ( I shower almost daily because my hair is too thin without my special shampoo ) and while wetting my hair I usually count 4 - 8. Then applying shampoo I count about 15, another 5 roughly when rinsing my hair but it could be more as I don't get a chance to see all the hairs due to soapy eyes. I moderately towel dry my hair and lose about 15 - 20 more. Once that's done I run my hands through my damp hair a few times to puff it up and I get another 10 - 15. I then blow dry my hair on cool setting and lose about 20 doing that. Once that's done I comb my hair and get another 10 or so in the bathroom sink. Throughout the day I'll go to the bathroom maybe once an hour and I'll always get some hairs falling when I run my hands through my hair a few times, I on average lose between 3 - 6 every time I do this ( sometimes its been as high as 15 ). I estimate I probably lose 20 - 40 hairs that I don't see fall during the day. Depending on how bad I'm shedding the number will be on the higher end of my estimate scale. Bottom line is I lose 150 - 200 hairs a day and its been that way for 4 months now :(
I've been on my 'new' regimen for a little under 2 weeks now and shedding has not decreased yet, but I know its still early.

@michel sapin I'm afraid of dutasteride. finasteride ate away my temples pretty quickly and I never recovered. dutasteride would probably be a lot worse for me.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
@IdealForehead ; tried this experiment ; after 6 month of 5 mg my DHT dropped only 1 more point than 1 mg !
from 0.14 to 0.13

Yeah but I'm unique. Dutasteride doesn't lower my DHT even 1 point. Not even 2.5 mg dutasteride per day lowers my DHT. I am genetically resistant to dutasteride at any dose.

But I never got blood confirmation of whether high dose finasteride lowers my DHT so I'm doing that now. Will have the answer in 2 weeks.

If I had to guess, I think it might be doing something because my dick seems to not be working as well.