Defenton's Story - (end of year cosmetic shot)

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
yea i know mate if it's coming out now it's gonna come back alot better. Shed s are for the good im off to australia and thailand on october 19th im hoping it will be looking better by then *fingers crossed*

RaginDemon

Reaction score
dont mack on the wrong ho while you are in Thailand...too many transexual there man

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Defenton

Have you experienced any sides with proscar? i'm well impressed with your progress so far dude, I wish there were forums like this when I was your age.

All the best!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I wish I respond that well to treatment.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
nah lucky i had no sides to that shizzle.

I wonder if this shed is specifically finasteride or rogaine related? I mean i had a shed back in late april/ early may I wonder if that was caused by the other drug to the shed im having now? - does it tend to be foam that gives you the first shed or the pills or could both sheds be a combo of both drugs? thoughts?

safe

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I never had any sides from minoxidil or finasteride myself.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
Defenton said:

I wonder if this shed is specifically finasteride or rogaine related? I mean i had a shed back in late april/ early may I wonder if that was caused by the other drug to the shed im having now? - does it tend to be foam that gives you the first shed or the pills or could both sheds be a combo of both drugs? thoughts?

safe

I'm less inclined to believe that propecia will shed the front as much as rogaine. I think you have the same problem as I (i.e., the inch or so is thinned/receded out, but the rest looks 'healthy'.) Are you really shedding? I'm only asking because some people think if they lose 20-30 hairs in the morning while showering, putting foam on, and whatever else, then they are shedding.

I believe I've heard people have seen a shed in after the 6m of propecia, so you may be coming up on a propecia shed. If it is shedding your front, this may be a very good sign of saving hair there. However, it could also just be a rogaine shed. Don't think there's an easy way to tell.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
retropunk said:
Defenton said:

safe

I'm less inclined to believe that propecia will shed the front as much as rogaine. I think you have the same problem as I (i.e., the inch or so is thinned/receded out, but the rest looks 'healthy'.) Are you really shedding? I'm only asking because some people think if they lose 20-30 hairs in the morning while showering, putting foam on, and whatever else, then they are shedding.

I believe I've heard people have seen a shed in after the 6m of propecia, so you may be coming up on a propecia shed. If it is shedding your front, this may be a very good sign of saving hair there. However, it could also just be a rogaine shed. Don't think there's an easy way to tell.

If you are on both, its hard to say which drug is responsible for the shed.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
yea its definitely a shed. I am only losing about 20 hairs per application or shower but thats more than before and my hair has definitely thinned as you will see when i get round to taking some pictures. I think we do have the same situation retro and the shed is purely on the temples and vertex. Moreover, as ive stated before, the hair that does shed is shorter than the healthy stuff, making me believe it is the stuff that initially grew between may and august. I'm not sure if that means it's more likely a rogaine or propecia shed or a combination of the two.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Defenton said:
yea its definitely a shed. I am only losing about 20 hairs per application or shower but thats more than before and my hair has definitely thinned as you will see when i get round to taking some pictures. I think we do have the same situation retro and the shed is purely on the temples and vertex. Moreover, as ive stated before, the hair that does shed is shorter than the healthy stuff, making me believe it is the stuff that initially grew between may and august. I'm not sure if that means it's more likely a rogaine or propecia shed or a combination of the two.

you will know the result in a month time...hopefully your hair will gain more density after this shed.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok it's been a few weeks coming as I wanted to ride out the worst of the shed. But, FINALLY, I am posting updated pictures. The shed started 3 weeks ago and seems to have only affected the newer hair. As a result these pictures show my hair in the worst state it's been in since late may but in a better state overall compared to pre-treatment stage (Feb).

However, sheds are ultimately good things, and I don't doubt things will look improved in a month or so. Moreover, the left temple now has short black hairs in the nw1 formation, around 3-4mm long, and around the density or the original regrowth in the nw2 formation, suggesting promising times ahead!

Even still with the rest of my hair now a fair amount longer, I badly need a hair cut just to stop it looking so obvious. Whereas back at the end of July I was figuring by this time I was maybe one more cut away from my new and old hair being indistinguishble - ahh well :?

Front

Left Temple

Right Temple

RaginDemon

Reaction score
consider its wet, its not bad at all.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
its not terrible thankfully, but it's a definite change. Just got to wait a month or so for the regrowth. Went to a new barbers and got a much better hair cut so im happy bout that. Ill get another one just before i go away as well.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Defenton said:
its not terrible thankfully, but it's a definite change. Just got to wait a month or so for the regrowth. Went to a new barbers and got a much better hair cut so im happy bout that. Ill get another one just before i go away as well.

your hair probabily gonna come back thicker with better density bro

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Defenton's Story - (21 years old, regrowth,11/09 update p10)

ok last few days shed has appeared to stop. I lose maybe 3-4 hairs per rogaine app. WIll post pictures in next 2 weeks.

safe

RaginDemon

Reaction score

hope it gets better after the shed.

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score

I am excited to see what the new regrowth is like?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

he seems to be a super good responder

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score

Ok off travelling on friday for 4 months so this is most likely my last update for a while.

This is just a comparison between my first picture on page 1 and another taken today, from the same angle with same (dry) hair. As you can see The change is pretty impressive, although it is clear which hair is 'new' and which is 'old' so to speak. Hopefully by the time I get back the difference will be more ambiguous:

Here is the usual 3; front, left and right temple. Bear in mind both temples were bare 4 months ago and the front significantly more follically challenged. Again my poor camera means I cannot show you close up the shorter NW1 hairs on the left temple, but trust me they are there. the Right is essentially in a NW1 shape now and will hopefully fill in and thicken whilst im lying on a beach in Australia/being tortured by crazed yokels in a hut:

Finally,this is a kind of compilation. Ive pulled all the normal hair back and pushed the new hair forward revealing the extent of the regrowth as best I can without you seeing it in person. Ill buy a decent camera in Thailand, hopefully the next lot of photos will look better:

Anyway: Feedback and questions, questions, as Im off in 48 hours and probably won't be able to answer any more after then!

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: Defenton's Story - (final update before feb on page 11!)

great regrowth man, great response to the drugs.

1) how do you think taking the foam with you on your travels will work out? practicality etc.
2)have you thought about cutting the 'old' hair shorter so it will blend in more subtley and then the ahirs will grow out at the same speed whilst you're travelling?

have fun