Defenton's Story - (end of year cosmetic shot)

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
hey there everyone. I'm 21, first noticed my hairloss summer 05, somehow convinced myself it wasn't happening; Rediscovered it summer 06 after a couple of friends pointed it out; got all miserable until I discovered in spring 07 i could do something about it.

'Something' has consisted of:
Propecia: since 13/03/07 (British way of writing shorthand date so as not to confuse- not that there is a 13month... yet)
Rogaine foam: since 27/03/07
Nizoral: since mid march sometime

This was my hair a couple of weeks into the regimen but before any regrowth. I was still thick at the back, temples were bald and the very front of the front (around 3/4 inch) had pretty much gone. Enough to make it look like i had no fringe when it was forward:

This is me now 6 weeks on - wet hair:

I had a shed for about 2 weeks in between the two photo shoots hence the thinned widows peak in the second photo.

How impressive is that for regrowth? I believe I have responded well to the treatment so far...

Sorry the photos aren't great ill try take some better ones in a couple of weeks. I took some of my temples today but had no decent ones from a month ago to compare so i'll make sure to take some better ones, as i said, in 14 days :)

You reckon i have a chance for more or less full regrowth?

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry third picture is 6 weeks into regimen not 6 after second picture. evil pixies made me do it :freaked2:

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wow mate .. that's really really impressive. in fact that's amazing for just a few weeks!!! i can see it has thinned a bit but i can also see your hairline has come forward loooaaaads. i think you're going to get all your hair back! you massive s.hit! :D

how are you finding the minoxidil twice a day? what's it like putting on your long(ish) hair?

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
incredible! awesome results for only 6 weeks

give some time and i believe you will achieve more regrowth

G

I'd say there's a very good chance you come back at least 80% of the way judging by the results you've had so far in only a few weeks.

Now about that 100 pound cheque...

RaginDemon

Reaction score
very impressive man

judging by the improvement from such a short period, there is a good chance you will have a decent recover. I am not sure if you can go back to 100%, but the chance is there. :D

G

Cassin said:
RaginDemon said:
. I am not sure if you can go back to 100%, but the chance is there. :D

No sir. Not possible.

why? if 80% is possible then why not 100%? i don't know if i've ever seen it happen but if all the loss is recent? i mean maybe 100% is really really unlikely or impossible but if he gets 90% back that will probably be indistinguishable from 100% back and he'll think he did

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
hey thanks all for the positive responses. Really needed other people's opinions

I also forgot to say I take 1250mg of Vit C with bioflavanoids and 4000mg of MSM before bed. not sure if thats too much but as its as harmful as water i don't figure it matters too much. From what i can tell this has made my body hair grow alot faster and probably my head hair too.

flimflam - foam twice a day is pretty easy really. Do it after shower in the morning and just before bed. I put a small blob on either temple and rub it into the hairline so the length of my hair doesnt affect the application. its a bit harder on the front but, again, the area i apply is shorter, thinner hair so the main body of hair doesnt affect it too much. I've missed a couple of night applications because i have been out being drunken and debauched :p

To be honest 100% regrowth is not my main priority. I would be more than pleased with a fuller 1.5 maybe even 2. saying that... wouldn't turn my nose up at it!

As for the cheques, to make it easier just send me your christian names, card numbers, expiry dates and cvv2 numbers and i promise on the life of this fly that is buzzing on my window that i will send you the money!

G

Defenton said:
As for the cheques, to make it easier just send me your christian names, card numbers, expiry dates and cvv2 numbers and i promise on the life of this fly that is buzzing on my window that i will send you the money!

yeah right

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
so took some pictures tonight, 14 days from last bunch and i got to say i am pretty impressed by the change, i hadn't really noticed it day on day but the accumulation of 2 weeks seems pretty noticable.

I took the pics under the same conditions as before, dark outside but 2 light sources and a flash (although im using a SE w810i as don't have my own digi cam).

Right Temple

6/05/07

20/05/07

Left Temple

6/05/07

20/05/07

Front

6/05/07

20/5/07

What do you all think for 9 weeks propecia and 7 weeks rogaine + 8 weeks of Nizoral?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
i see things started to pick up

congrats

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
yea things seem to look pretty good so far, lets just hope they continue!

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow very impressive, oddly I have hair quite similar to yours accept worser proberly cos I still aint started !

Can I ask where do u get your treatments from i think your from UK same as me... think your post as given me inspiration to start thx ;)