Defenton's Story - (end of year cosmetic shot)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Defenton said:
Ok good and bad news.

Bad news first: the girl never facebooked me so I couldn't meet up with her and I couldn't find anything to spend my money on.

Good news: I took the passport photos and I know I said I hadn't seen any cosmetic change, but I think I was wrong on that count. If anything my hair is longer in the first picture and yet looks a lot worse. I am really impressed by the results!

Jan 07

01 August 07

wow your hair has gotten much better man

good to know treatments are working so well for you!

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Density

Hey, whats up Defenton!
Congrats on your success, lookin good. I do have a couple questions I hope you can answer about hair density? Has the density of your hair in the front middle returned to what it was pre-treatment? I imagine you shedded in the front middle during treatment? You mention 75% hair density, does that mean your new hair at the temples is at 75% density? or the hair in the front middle is 75% of what it was pre-treatment or both? Sorry if this isn't clear. Congrats!-Tim

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I applied foam in the middle section of the front but it hasnt been helping much.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
Well Tim, firstly the density on my front hasn't completely returned. it looks solid bar the last 1.5 cms which is faily velus-esque. Initially i thought this meant that i had only gotten velux growth at the front as back in the 'dark ages' it appeared as tho my front was normal till the last 2cms and then the devastation set in. But judging by those mugshots of my handsome face, and bearing in mind my hair was virtually the same length, i think what has happened is my hairline has thickened and moved down and this vellus hair is just my original hairline kind of reforming.

So in an absurdly long winded way, my front IS returning to pre-loss- maybe 1cm more of hair which is, as i failed to note any improvment for weeks, indistinguishable from the rest.

As for the temples, my left temple hair naturally grows down and my right grows backwards. In both cases their size has shrunk and the hair replacing is not full density and at a guess is 60% as thick. Probably not much more than that and not 75%, that was an overstatement.

Although the right temple, were it not for pesky vellus hairs blocking lovely terminal ones from getting through, would be alot thicker.

The left shows the most obvious signs of improvement in terminal hair growth but alot of the new stuff is far too short to show up very well on my camera phone, but it is there in a pretty much broken-NW1 form :D

RaginDemon

Reaction score
wow big improvement for a short period of time.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
just noticed the areas where i have had regrowth have started shedding. The hairs are around the length of the new hair so it must be them. Will keep you all informed...

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Defenton said:
just noticed the areas where i have had regrowth have started shedding. The hairs are around the length of the new hair so it must be them. Will keep you all informed...

dont stress about the shedding, as long as the overall quality of your hair is improving, its all good.

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
Defenton said:

Hello I am very happy about your improvement, have you changed anything that caused the shedding? Also have you considered using Dutasteride, caffine, or fluridil?

If you can I would suggest getting a blood test for your hormones; estrogen, DHT, and Testosterone.

What could be happening is that now your estrogen levels are rising, which makes the AR even more sensative thus the shed.

Reguarless you look good as new and I hope that is stays for good if not improve even more!

Please keep us updated thank you

RaginDemon

Reaction score
give us an update when your free

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
the shed isn't that bad really. more or less the same as the first one i had before the first lot of growth. About a dozen hairs per rogaine app. and a couple more if i rub my hair hard enough. Definitely more than normal, however, as usually only conditioning my hair causes me to lose any hair and even then it's only 4-5.

What is curious is that it is almost exclusively the regrowth hairs. I know this as they are still 3/4 an inch shorter than the rest of my hair and the shed is only at the front, where the regrowth is. Again conditioning loss is typically all over and older hair.

Could this mean that they have reached the end of their cycle (first appeared early May) and better hair will come through after them? (they are also skinnier than my old skool hair)

I won't bother changing my regimen as it has worked v well so far and I'm sure this is all par for the course. So far I've had great success and I imagine this is perfectly normal. Although any curious excitement of what is coming next is always met by that background dread of the shed never stopping, which we all feel im sure.

I'm not sure my testosterone has been altered in any major way? would it not be higher if anything? or would that automatically trigger increased estrogen to counter act it. I've had no sides whatsoever from my regimen so I would probably only have a blood test if this continued long term.

Anyways so this is 5 days of shedding now and it hasn't noticably slowed nor sped up and I can't see a huge cosmetic change. What does everyone think will be the likely outcome?

As always thanks for the support

safe.

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey defenton, hang there and don't change anything on your regimen for now. I think that it's a "good" shed. You seem to be a great responder. Just make sure your drugs are legit if you got a new batch. If heard too many stories lately about people complaining for fake finasteride or minoxidil!

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
nah should be legit its pharmacy prescribed proscar and genuine rogaine foam from cheap rogaine. I'm really not freaking out - almost excited in some ways my hair had seemed to have stopped doing alot past 2 months

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Defenton said:
the shed isn't that bad really. more or less the same as the first one i had before the first lot of growth. About a dozen hairs per rogaine app. and a couple more if i rub my hair hard enough. Definitely more than normal, however, as usually only conditioning my hair causes me to lose any hair and even then it's only 4-5.

What is curious is that it is almost exclusively the regrowth hairs. I know this as they are still 3/4 an inch shorter than the rest of my hair and the shed is only at the front, where the regrowth is. Again conditioning loss is typically all over and older hair.

Could this mean that they have reached the end of their cycle (first appeared early May) and better hair will come through after them? (they are also skinnier than my old skool hair)

I won't bother changing my regimen as it has worked v well so far and I'm sure this is all par for the course. So far I've had great success and I imagine this is perfectly normal. Although any curious excitement of what is coming next is always met by that background dread of the shed never stopping, which we all feel im sure.

I'm not sure my testosterone has been altered in any major way? would it not be higher if anything? or would that automatically trigger increased estrogen to counter act it. I've had no sides whatsoever from my regimen so I would probably only have a blood test if this continued long term.

Anyways so this is 5 days of shedding now and it hasn't noticably slowed nor sped up and I can't see a huge cosmetic change. What does everyone think will be the likely outcome?

As always thanks for the support

safe.

just keep at it man

Your treatment has been working on you wonderfully, shedding will stop very soon hopefully.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
can't say for certain but tthe shed didn't seem so bad today. I'll post another set of pics once it has stopped as its been a month since last update anyway.

safe.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Defenton said:
can't say for certain but tthe shed didn't seem so bad today. I'll post another set of pics once it has stopped as its been a month since last update anyway.

safe.

GL bro!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
i am expecting them too

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
ill do one soon don't worry need to wait for shed to stop 1st. Its been pretty bad but it's all in the game i guess.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Defenton said:
ill do one soon don't worry need to wait for shed to stop 1st. Its been pretty bad but it's all in the game i guess.

yeah ride it out, be patient and good thing will come.

my crown looked so bad a month ago that I thought I will literally get bald within 6 months. It has gotten so much better lately. I would say the crown is now back to 75-80% of its original density prior to hair loss.