Defenton's Story - (end of year cosmetic shot)

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea i am from UK. Good luck i was apprehensive at first but so glad i started.

I got the nizoral from boots for £7.99 i think - that lasts 2-3 months.

I got the Rogaine foam from http://www.cheaprogaine.com/ but i understand eBay is also pretty cheap, but got burned a few times on that site so its a peace of mind thing (some f**ker didn't send me a copy of Nights into Dreams for my old Saturn!). So £30 for 3 months but if your hair is similar to mine it could last 4+

I'm still on my first course of Propecia (1mg Finasteride) and i got a private script from my doctor for that, so I paid the full whack, £100ish, for 3 months of Propecia. However since spending more time in these forums, in future I'm either going to get the generic 'Finpecia' from http://www.inhousepharmacy.co.uk/generics/finpecia.html or ask for a script for the 5mg finasteride (Proscar) and cut it into 1/4ths. Just got to decide whether i go for ease in case of former or peace of mind with the latter. In either case it would be approx £30 for 3 months.

*rant*

Saying that, however, i have no real problem with the generic stuff as i hear good things. Just kind of want to show my doctor how wrong he was, (as you don't need a script for the generic shizzle but do for Proscar) saying I would be lucky to see anything change and that minoxidyl was a snake oil! Honestly i wish i could find the bullshit information pack he printed off for me - it said finasteride had a 60% success rate (although did not define 'success') and was £60 a month whereas minoxidil was 20% and £30 respectively! This was a legit. NHS info site as well - lots of unfunny 'jokes' to show how hip it all was- referencing chavs ffs! and a brief history of baldness to try and ease the fear that people endure when they are in the dark over it all :/

*rant over*

So summary, go for nizoral from boots, finpecia or proscar, and rogaine foam from the site or ebay and your looking at a total of £3+£10+£10 = £23 per month approx. Thats a night out where i live or 4 hours OT at work. For the results i have had so far, and hope you have also, more than worth it!

Hope that helps RP3X

Also anyone else feel free to recommend ammendments to my price structure im still newish to it all and am sure i've missed something out!

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
edit: sorry thought the forums censored swear words, did it manually, don't want to offend!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
dude your a GREAT responder to the treatment, hope it keeps getting better for you! :)

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Thx very much Defenton for the info

I hope u continue to get even more hair, your definatly a success story :)

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey man, amazing success. Keep going at it. Very inspiring in such a short space of time! 8)

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Defenton said:
(some f**ker didn't send me a copy of Nights into Dreams for my old Saturn!).

Best game evar btw, i still have it + my saturn. there's a sequel coming out for Wiiiiii ....

i had the same from my doctor too .. chattin sh*t.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks guys! I'll probably get my hair cut within the next fortnight and take some more after i get it done if i can see anymore noticable change.

Never actually owned the original nights, had christmas nights tho, loved it.

My fav game on Saturn was guardian heroes. absolutely immense especially on 6 player versus mode when you had random fighter and random level on - leading some epic sky spirit lv1 vs civilian 5 lv198 matches.

wayaza

Reaction score
Hey that looks great!! Awesome result!

I just have a question:
what would happen if we stop Ragaine?

Would the newly gainned hair be gone?

I have exactly the same problem as Defeton does......

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
wayaza said:
Hey that looks great!! Awesome result!

I just have a question:
what would happen if we stop Ragaine?

Would the newly gainned hair be gone?

I have exactly the same problem as Defeton does......

Yes. Because it lives on Rogaine, thats why I don't use it.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 3 days from the end of my first batch of Propecia so went to the doctors today (different one to last time) and he happily gave me 28 Proscar, agreeing that Propecia is a scam.

Went to Spasdas and it only cost me £16.73! thats 4 months worth! With my 10% discount it cost £98 for 3 months of Propecia so I'm glad I made the switch.

Also asked my mum to get me a pill cutter as she has contacts so it's all looking good.

Regowth is also coming along nicely but will probs wait til the 3 month mark of my full regimen (in 2 weeks) to take a new set of pictures.

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
It's way better, Good job man ! You might put some sunglasses in your hair soon :p.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
ok here is the 3 month update.

First 3 are with hair wet, last is with it dry. Again the photos are poor as, despite being competent at middle and long range, my SE 810i has shoddy close up focus and will only really take crisp pictures if there is a flash, water and lots of artificial light.

Generally speaking the temples have filled in nicely. Whereas the front of the vertex is full of vellus hair but few terminal ones, so far. Should these go terminal, however, I'm confident i will be close to full regrowth.

So far the new terminal hairs are roughly 1-2cms and not quite dense enough to be indestinguishable from the rest of my hairline. Like the vertex, the right temple has a noticable nw1 1.5 vellus hairline pattern forming whereas the left has lots of very short black hairs at the base which are starting to form it into a solid 1.5 - 2, but not to such an obvious degree.

Saying this, I am probably a good 3 months off any serious cosmetic change and it could be longer if the vertex doesn't change much. Don't get me wrong though, I am extremely impressed so far...

Left Temple 24/06:

Right Temple:

Vertex:

Dry top view:

23/03

24/06

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Defenton those are some stellar results my friend. You may have mentioned this in the earlier posts but how are you applying the foam to your scalp. I'm just curious. Again congrats bud.

Pologuy

BigGuns

Reaction score
Hey defender;

Great results...Ive been on the big 3 for 2 weeks now and will use your pics as a motivational tool.

Do you have any major sheds? How is your hair loss rate now after 3 months on the big 3..are you still losing hair?

Thanks

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Wow great resultsi wish I can response to treatments THIS well.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks guys!

Guess it could be my age (21) that is helping the regrowth and the fact i only started losing it 2 years ago?

BigGuns. had a shed after a month or so which cost me a fair amount of density all over. It's not visible unless my hair is drenched in a swimming pool and only myself and my barber have noticed the difference. So far the density has not returned to normal but this could well be because of hair cycles so I will be patient.

That shed was the only one i have had so far and I can only really see hair loss when putting conditioner in it and then its 6 or 7 so nothing to worry about I don't think.

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
After only 3 months, u can have great hopes man.

Good job !

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I got blown away by the last pic...simply amazing