Defenton's Story - (end of year cosmetic shot)

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks demon. I have noticed that shot is my most flattering because you can really see how imy hair has started to move back down the Norwood scale. How much further and how fast remains to be seen i guess...

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Defenton said:
thanks demon. I have noticed that shot is my most flattering because you can really see how imy hair has started to move back down the Norwood scale. How much further and how fast remains to be seen i guess...

Foam makes my hairline move down a notch as well...I am now more concerned about density than hairline now. It's a long battle and I guess I will just have to be consistent with my treatments. It's good to know big 3 works though.

GL man!

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
ok this is the forth month of my regimen. The right temple and front look very similar to 24/06 however the left temple has continued to improve, with lots of new short terminal hairs appearing closer to my original hairline.

The pictures are with wet hair but natural light so may need to redo them at night with the flash:

left temple:

Right Temple:

Front:

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
thx dude!

I got my haircut just before i took them so the new hair is around the same length as the old and this DEFINITELY makes a big difference to the overall appearance of my temples and it Will be interesting to see whether old and new grows at the same rate. (My hair is around 1 inch all over)

ALso the photos do hide the fact that, to the casual observer, my hair doesn't look ALOT different once laid forward. In spite of this, however, im hoping by the time i go traveling in october there will be a noticible cosmetic change; sufficient for me to grow my hair out at least.

Also i will try and post more on other people's stories as you all give me such good feed back

x

RaginDemon

Reaction score
dude, its an insane improvement!!!

I am very happy for you, your hairline is beautiful!

bustabucket

Established Member
Reaction score
You look great, Defenton.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey defenton, hope the hair is doing well

just wanted to let you know that your success with minoxidil inspired me to hit the foam after being deaddddd against it for so long. so umm cheers?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
flimflam said:
hey defenton, hope the hair is doing well

just wanted to let you know that your success with minoxidil inspired me to hit the foam after being deaddddd against it for so long. so umm cheers?

get ready for the initial shed though...for me it was kinda scary.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:

when did it hit you? I'm 1 month in.

i'm hoping my very short buzz will not make it too noticeable.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
flimflam said:
RaginDemon said:

when did it hit you? I'm 1 month in.

i'm hoping my very short buzz will not make it too noticeable.

It hit me after 4-5 weeks. I would say a month time. My initial shed was awful, I thought I was done for good. lol

Just ride it out and things will pick up. Shedding is a postive sign that shows minoxidil is working. Just be patient and be consistent. Best of luck man!

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words flimflam, busta and demon.

I think my shed was around a month in or so but thankfully my (non-balding) hair was quite thick so it could take the punishment.

I'm very happy with my results on the temples although there is less evidence of change at the front with the usual, lots of vellus but not much else , pervaiding. Hopefully i will start to see some change soon tho ...

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Defenton said:
Thanks for the kind words flimflam, busta and demon.

I think my shed was around a month in or so but thankfully my (non-balding) hair was quite thick so it could take the punishment.

I'm very happy with my results on the temples although there is less evidence of change at the front with the usual, lots of vellus but not much else , pervaiding. Hopefully i will start to see some change soon tho ...

I am 6 months into foam, and the temples are filling up in a slow yet steady rate. The front is still somewhat thin but there is a lot of vellus hair growing, I hope they will thicken up by time. The crown has somewhat improved as well, it doesn't look as bald as it was prior to the treatments.

Chemical J

Established Member
Reaction score
Jesus christ I wish foam worked that fast on my temples...

Im only 1 month in though.

Gimme an idea on how you use the foam on your temples and how much?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Chemical J said:
Jesus christ I wish foam worked that fast on my temples...

Im only 1 month in though.

Gimme an idea on how you use the foam on your temples and how much?

I think he applied it on his whole head.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
Twice a day I just squirt a bit onto each temple and the front around maybe 1.5cm wide and rub that sh*t in on the temples and front and the first 1/2 cm of hair behind just to make sure. I don't have any special method really, just the same as dietcola used. Each can lasts about 4-6 weeks depending on how often im careless and squirt a huge blob out by accident (matron!) I've missed maybe 3-4 applications tops so consistency is perhaps the best advice i can offer.

My left temple has been by far the best responder and i imagine when i post again in a months time you will see just how much as there is short terminal hairs more or less in a NW1 pattern that didnt show up on the last set of pictures. The density of the new hair is maybe 75% tops that of the rest of my hair and although since my last hair cut the early regrowth is the same length, you can still see a difference. This will probably change in the next few months, however.

Im going into town later to spend birthday money and hook up with a girl but also to get some passport photos done as I need one for a young person's travel card. Ill scan one in later and post it next to one I had done at pretty much the depths of my hairloss back in january, before i knew you could do anything about the loss. I think my hair was about the same length so this will give everyone an idea about the cosmetic change to my hair beyond the close ups of my temples and front that i've been taking.

x

antonio666

Reaction score
you seem to be a fantastic responder to both rogaine and propecia ,congrats,if you are unfortanate enough to have male pattern baldness all you can ask for is to respond to treatments and you respond great.

WELL DONE

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok good and bad news.

Bad news first: the girl never facebooked me so I couldn't meet up with her and I couldn't find anything to spend my money on.

Good news: I took the passport photos and I know I said I hadn't seen any cosmetic change, but I think I was wrong on that count. If anything my hair is longer in the first picture and yet looks a lot worse. I am really impressed by the results!

Jan 07

01 August 07

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lookin good sailor, difference is obvious. you actually look younger in the 2nd photo ...

ohh but why so sad??

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
because when i get to customs and the guards see a smiling picture they might think I'm hiding something. When in fact I have no idea how that cocaine got there.