Candida & Hair Loss - advice needed

Jeff

Reaction score
Hoppi, I just read your blog and you feel that stress could be a factor that's causing you hairloss, along with your gut and liver?

Does hairloss run in your family?

Have you been tested for celiac disease?

Also for liver function?

Your 26 years old, correct? That seems to young to be having liver issues.

You state in your blog that you're thinning in your crown and along your hairline. Could it be that you have a good old fashioned case of male pattern baldness like the rest of us?

I not trying to call you out, just curious. Thx

Hoppi

Reaction score
Jeff said:
Hoppi, I just read your blog and you feel that stress could be a factor that's causing you hairloss, along with your gut and liver?

Also for liver function?

You state in your blog that you're thinning in your crown and along your hairline. Could it be that you have a good old fashioned case of male pattern baldness like the rest of us?

hm, nice to have a real post lol

Basically, I'm 99% sure that yes I do have male pattern baldness, it's not that I don't think that I do. However, I am one of those people who believe that male pattern baldness can have multiple underlying causes, including health.

So, for example, in my case I believe I have a certain level of sensitivity to androgens in my follicles. However, at 24 I developed an awful food intolerance to eggs, and my skin and hair have gone downhill since then. I have also had a very obvious increase in body hair which happened at exactly the same time as everything else. It was literally like it happened exactly around the time of the first intolerance reaction (not surprising I guess when you consider I ate eggs very often so it wasn't long before my body had to digest them again).

I believe that hormonal imbalance can be a cause for male pattern baldness/Androgenetic Alopecia, and very commonly is :)

I believe that my digestive system is causing this in me (IMO through increased systemic toxicity due to Candida, leaky gut, a struggling liver or something similar).

Just my view :)

EDIT -- And (mostly @ajax) to be honest I think I'm going to stick to Syntol for a good while regardless of how much I get in the way of die-off symptoms. It seems like a great all-rounder for intestinal health and also I do feel I have many symptoms that are or seem fungal - dandruff, itchy skin sometimes, white tongue, etc. Add to that the fact that intoletances and gas are I believe usually down to flora imbalance in the gut (including yeast), and I think it's more likely Telogen Effluvium that than mucus or any other kind of intestinal build-up or anything. Perhaps I'll even replace the Okra Pepsin with a great (and cheaper!) all-round enzyme supplement as enzymes themselves seem very cleansing to me (as they break everything in the intestines down so it can be removed). It depends if the enzymes in Syntol are broad enough, which they might be! Let's see how this goes :)

powersam

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
whoa you don't believe leaky gut syndrome exists?

I... won't even bother. lol

Should mention that as it stands, leaky gut syndrome is still a 'proposed condition' and as such is not a recognised diagnosis.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
^^^ You don't phase me. Science is on my side. You guys swallowed the snake-oil bait.

I have leaky gut syndrome!
\
winnerh.gif

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... ndida.html

Read that and enjoy your mental anguish. How does it feel to be a sucker? And you actually spend money on your crap?

Sucker.
lolsdu.gif

I'm Teflon....b**ch.

DEAL.

You post a picture of someone with Downsyndrome to be funny? Says a lot about you as a person.

I wont read anything you post, you dont read anything I post properly... that's clear as when i ask you any specific questions you dont answer them, or if you do read them you avoid answering them, because it doesn't fit in with the "Rogazzle Show"

I'm happy to debate with people on here about theories... hell its the EXPERIMENTAL TREATMENTS & VITAMINS & SUPPLEMENTS thread, something you either dont understand, or are just too arrogant to care about.

So this is me finally getting bored of trying to have a serious discussion with you... from now on you have the following options:

1) Debate in a rational and polite manner
2) Be rude, post pictures of people with disability to be funny, and not contribute to the discussion in any meaningful way
3) Politely remove yourself from this thread.

If you choose option 2 i'll report you to the Mods and ask them to remove you.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Jeff said:

Also for liver function?

hm, nice to have a real post lol

Basically, I'm 99% sure that yes I do have male pattern baldness, it's not that I don't think that I do. However, I am one of those people who believe that male pattern baldness can have multiple underlying causes, including health.

So, for example, in my case I believe I have a certain level of sensitivity to androgens in my follicles. However, at 24 I developed an awful food intolerance to eggs, and my skin and hair have gone downhill since then. I have also had a very obvious increase in body hair which happened at exactly the same time as everything else. It was literally like it happened exactly around the time of the first intolerance reaction (not surprising I guess when you consider I ate eggs very often so it wasn't long before my body had to digest them again).

I believe that hormonal imbalance can be a cause for male pattern baldness/Androgenetic Alopecia, and very commonly is :)

I believe that my digestive system is causing this in me (IMO through increased systemic toxicity due to Candida, leaky gut, a struggling liver or something similar).

Just my view :)

EDIT -- And (mostly @ajax) to be honest I think I'm going to stick to Syntol for a good while regardless of how much I get in the way of die-off symptoms. It seems like a great all-rounder for intestinal health and also I do feel I have many symptoms that are or seem fungal - dandruff, itchy skin sometimes, white tongue, etc. Add to that the fact that intoletances and gas are I believe usually down to flora imbalance in the gut (including yeast), and I think it's more likely Telogen Effluvium that than mucus or any other kind of intestinal build-up or anything. Perhaps I'll even replace the Okra Pepsin with a great (and cheaper!) all-round enzyme supplement as enzymes themselves seem very cleansing to me (as they break everything in the intestines down so it can be removed). It depends if the enzymes in Syntol are broad enough, which they might be! Let's see how this goes :)

I think it took me a week or so before I got any die off tbh... maybe up the dose slightly and see what happens?

Yeah take Syntol and improve digestinal health... why are people so outraged about us doing this?

Makes no sense to me, people on here are taking meds from dodgy chinese suppliers, not testing it to make sure its what it's supposed to be, or that its not toxic. Yet we take something that will at the very worst just not do anything, and we get the snide remarks?!

Hoppi

Reaction score
powersam said:
Hoppi said:
whoa you don't believe leaky gut syndrome exists?

I... won't even bother. lol

Should mention that as it stands, leaky gut syndrome is still a 'proposed condition' and as such is not a recognised diagnosis.

Thing is it only means increased intestinal permeability, as caused by aging, Candida, dysbiosis, stress etc. Besides medical science claims to have no answers for so, so many things, and then denies plausible explanations. I really do just follow what I consider to be raw logic based on the facts :)

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Guys,

alot of crazy sh*t being written in here.

I know all about systemic candida as i've researched it in depth in relation to my finasteride problems. Some guys on propeciahelp have found they have had candida and they have improved by slowly eradicating that.

Hoppi, how about you look into candida testing before assuming you have ANY form of candida?

I'm sure you've read about the "spit test". If not, google it. It's NOT reliable though.

The BEST test is probably live blood testing through dark field microscopy. This would look at the blood in micro detail and be able to tell if there is candida present.

You can also get blood tests which flag up the antibodies that the body produces to fight candida. I'm currently arranging one of these. The risk with this test is if your body is so exhausted it can give up producing antibodies and thus give you a false negative in the blood test.

You can also get stool testing for candida and parasites. None of these tests are that overly expensive, relatively speaking. So i advice anyone who actually thinks they have candida to invest in a test. It would make much more sense than trying the crazy candida diets that are proposed.

BTW. that quackwatch site is BULLSHIT. Why is it such a good source?

YES, candida is a shady market but that doesn't mean it's not real. It is. The overuse of antibiotics and underuse of probiotics is something the next generation is really going to feel.

That said, the whole leaky gut thing is largely misunderstood. IF you have this, you'll have all sorts in your blood from fragements of FOOD to candida etc. Think about it. If this is the case, you'll feel like sh*t. I assure you. You will have very clear symtoms that all isn't right in your body.

I went to a renouned sexual health doctor 2 weeks ago and i was tested for all sorts of things (for my finasteride problems) including candida (just via swab) which was negative. I enquired about systemic candida (i.e. leaky gut) and he told me "If you had that, you'd wouldn't be sitting on that chair as comfortably, or at all.....i've seen people with this and they are very sick indeed". I suppose that isn't a surprise given you would have fungas growing inside you at an advanced rate.

I think that says all in terms of leaky gut and the hairloss theories...

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Mens Rea said:
Guys,

I know all about systemic candida as i've researched it in depth in relation to my finasteride problems. Some guys on propeciahelp have found they have had candida and they have improved by slowly eradicating that.

Hoppi, how about you look into candida testing before assuming you have ANY form of candida?

I'm sure you've read about the "spit test". If not, google it. It's NOT reliable though.

The BEST test is probably live blood testing through dark field microscopy. This would look at the blood in micro detail and be able to tell if there is candida present.

You can also get blood tests which flag up the antibodies that the body produces to fight candida. I'm currently arranging one of these. The risk with this test is if your body is so exhausted it can give up producing antibodies and thus give you a false negative in the blood test.

You can also get stool testing for candida and parasites. None of these tests are that overly expensive, relatively speaking. So i advice anyone who actually thinks they have candida to invest in a test. It would make much more sense than trying the crazy candida diets that are proposed.

YES, candida is a shady market but that doesn't mean it's not real. It is. The overuse of antibiotics and underuse of probiotics is something the next generation is really going to feel.

That said, the whole leaky gut thing is largely misunderstood. IF you have this, you'll have all sorts in your blood from fragements of FOOD to candida etc. Think about it. If this is the case, you'll feel like sh*t. I assure you. You will have very clear symtoms that all isn't right in your body.

I went to a renouned sexual health doctor 2 weeks ago and i was tested for all sorts of things (for my finasteride problems) including candida (just via swab) which was negative. I enquired about systemic candida (i.e. leaky gut) and he told me "If you had that, you'd wouldn't be sitting on that chair as comfortably, or at all.....i've seen people with this and they are very sick indeed". I suppose that isn't a surprise given you would have fungas growing inside you at an advanced rate.

Now thats what I call a proper post that adds to the thread :bravo:

I presume you live in the US?

I just ask as unfortunately over here (UK) retty much impossible to get tests like this done, no matter how hard you push for them.

There's a chance I might have a condition that means I have a gap between my heart ventracles (sp?) that shouldn't be there... will they send me for tests? NOPE! Its not life threatening (although can lead to a larger chance of getting strokes, and scuba diving might kill me) so they aint interested.

NHS sucks!

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Mens Rea said:

^^^^ Utter Horse sh*t. Nice little crutch to explain away the lack of any medically viable evidence for such diagnosis.

Remember this?

Pick any symptoms—the more common the better.
Say that millions of undiagnosed people suffer from it.
Don't compete with other fad diseases. Say that yours predisposes people to the rest or vice versa.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... index.html

Alternative medicine supplement sites are more "authoritative" on the "issue"?
lolsdu.gif

Hook. Line. Sinker. Swallow that bait you gullible buffoons.

Got a peer reviewed scientific study to look at that proves leaky gut syndrome is real?

I went to a renouned alternative medicine health practitioner 2 weeks ago and i was tested for all sorts of things (for my finasteride problems) including candida (just via swab) which was negative. I enquired about systemic candida (i.e. leaky gut) and he told me "If you had that, you'd wouldn't be sitting on that chair as comfortably, or at all.....i've seen people with this and they are very sick indeed". I suppose that isn't a surprise given you would have fungas growing inside you at an advanced rate.

Made an edit above for accuracy.
1zpsmlv.jpg

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
ajax said:
Mens Rea said:
Now thats what I call a proper post that adds to the thread :bravo:

I presume you live in the US?

I just ask as unfortunately over here (UK) retty much impossible to get tests like this done, no matter how hard you push for them.

There's a chance I might have a condition that means I have a gap between my heart ventracles (sp?) that shouldn't be there... will they send me for tests? NOPE! Its not life threatening (although can lead to a larger chance of getting strokes, and scuba diving might kill me) so they aint interested.

NHS sucks!

No wonder you British brown toothies push this alternative medicine crap so much. With shitty NHS wait periods and diagnosis cost cutting, alternative "medicine" is the next convenient thing for you.

Talk about being - owned.

Please kill yourselves now.
lolsdu.gif

Jeff

Reaction score
After reading your last couple of posts Rogazzle, I feel like you're holding back a little. I think you should tell everybody how u really fill. LOL

And by the way I think this candida stuff is way out in left field and there doesn't seem to be much to go on.

I thought Men's Rea's post was good because he is taking the initiative to at least see somebody about it instead of self diagnosing and self treating.

Jacob

Reaction score
Seems some are making the mistake of going on killing sprees..instead of beefing up their defenses...via probiotics etc.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Wow, yeah this IS a crazy thread isn't it? Very divisive and even those who agree Candida might be a factor usually can't agree on specifics!

I've definitely had some changes since taking Okra Pepsin and Syntol. I tend to glance because I mean hell if I'm worried about my digestive system I'd be stupid not to, and yeah a small-ish amount of very fungal looking stuff in the loo (white and furry, kinda scary actually lol), no worms or anything thank god but yeah I think the okra pepsin is having an effect too. I don't know what's up in there. But I never go for tests anymore as I'm TIRED of being told everything is negative and I must be fine while I walk away clutching my stomach lol

It has made me give up with the tests to be honest and now I just believe in digestive cleansing.

I believe enzymes are nothing short of INCREDIBLE and one of the best cleansing tools you can have as of course everything just gets expelled naturally as they eat their way through it. Much more intelligent than just relying on fibre and that.

I still don't know what's going on in there but man if THAT'S not fungus what the hell is it? lol

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Seems some are making the mistake of going on killing sprees..instead of beefing up their defenses...via probiotics etc.

Hi Jacob,

Are you saying this in response to Hoppi and I taking Syntol?

Syntol does kill, but it is also a highly effective probiotic, so it does a lot of good work for the gut.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Mens Rea said:
Guys,

Not sure if you'll be going back to him or not, but if you do would you mind asking the following question?

If someone eats dairy until the age of 19 and never had any problems with it, but suddenly develops an intollerance, why is this?

Its just leaky gut syndrome is a theory as to what causes these intollerances. Personally I had dairy all the time up until 19 (and then for a few years after with a lot of problems, until I realised what was causing them), yet after lots of antibiotics over a couple of years (I had re-occuring tonsilitis), and was at one point put on them for 3 months solid, I suddenly developed an intollerance to dairy.

It kind of fits the Candida / Leaky Gut Syndrome model, so am surprised by his very firm opinion on this subject

Jacob

Reaction score
ajax said:
Jacob said:

Hi Jacob,

Are you saying this in response to Hoppi and I taking Syntol?

Syntol does kill, but it is also a highly effective probiotic, so it does a lot of good work for the gut.

Not necessarily that..just the overall thinking one needs to kill everything. Candida being the latest. And not even knowing for sure if one has an improper balance. Etc Etc.