Candida & Hair Loss - advice needed

Hoppi

Reaction score
ajax said:
Not sure if you'll be going back to him or not, but if you do would you mind asking the following question?

If someone eats dairy until the age of 19 and never had any problems with it, but suddenly develops an intollerance, why is this?

Its just leaky gut syndrome is a theory as to what causes these intollerances. Personally I had dairy all the time up until 19 (and then for a few years after with a lot of problems, until I realised what was causing them), yet after lots of antibiotics over a couple of years (I had re-occuring tonsilitis), and was at one point put on them for 3 months solid, I suddenly developed an intollerance to dairy.

It kind of fits the Candida / Leaky Gut Syndrome model, so am surprised by his very firm opinion on this subject

Precisely!! And doctors don't TRY to explain it usually. They just say to avoid dairy and leave it at that. I find it even mildly suspicious tbh.

I believe that of course everything has a reason. When I started losing hair I immediately did research and learned about DHT and 5-alpha reductase and how it all works, because I knew there must be a cause. I'm EXACTLY the same about intolerances. SOMETHING is making the body upset. I've also heard many stories of intolerances clearing up after liver flushes, killing Candida or healing increased gut permeability (leaky gut). I've heard from many sources that both candida and leaky gut cause food intolerances.

And I think usually, USUALLY when something is wrong in the body, something needs to be killed, be that fungus, bacteria, parasites, etc. Usually some kind of bug seems to be in there somewhere, although issues like heavy metals may be making things worse. With the digestive tract a general clean-up is of course also very important :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Your many sources wouldn't happen to be curezone..would it? :dunno:

I've read from many sources..no seriously...many w/out candida or leaky gut problems still have food intolerance. For example.(again)...there's the histamine connection http://histame.com/faqs

Reading the testimonials is probably even better: http://www.iherb.com/Naturally-Vita...nd-Intolerance-Support-30-Capsules/16475?at=1

Hm, whatever man, I don't believe most of this stuff lol

My health plummeted when IBS started and it sure as hell isn't just one chemical I'm reacting too. This convo may not go anywhere constructive though... o_O

Jacob

Reaction score
You don't believe much of what stuff? Have you bothered to read up on histamine and Histame..yet? You KNOW it's candida..which you never tested for. Same for this thing and that thing. And so you also KNOW it's not "just one chemical"(referring to histamine I guess).

In case you missed it...I was an IBS sufferer for quite some time before getting things under control. I just didn't get my information from curezone :woot: I've noticed many of the particular products you guys bring up are hyped over there. Even if similar products can be found..etc. Think there may be a reason for that?

Hoppi

Reaction score
Thing is, I know that something reasonably sudden with a lot of impact must have happened to my body to make it just freak out like it did.

I mean literally, I have stood looking in the mirror (not just at my hair, but at myself) or lying there or thinking to myself and thinking "What HAPPENED to my old body?" or "I wish I could go back to the way things were" meaning the way things were before I got that sudden bad egg intolerance and my health hit the wall (regardless of diet).

Something BIG happened to me, I know that. That's why I was researching things of significance like parasites, bacterial infections, liver stones, leaky gut and candida. Because I know my body wouldn't just freak out like this if it wasn't something that was really worth freaking out over. Add to that the terrible dandruff, the growing sensitivity to some foods (like orange juice, I gradually could drink less and less before getting a bad stomach, I used to be able to down litres and litres without issue but in the time leading up to my egg intolerance and stuff that dropped), and now the fungal looking stuff when I use the loo, and fungus is looking more and more likely to me.

It would explain EVERYTHING. My diet was all pizza and chocolate and alcohol (with friends and stuff, not in a worrying way!), and my lifestyle was all too much time indoors, stress, smoking, etc etc. And too little sleep. My immune system wouldn't have been at it's best (hell, I wasn't even drinking as much OJ at that point).

I ate SO much bread, honestly. I would just eat slice after slice because it filled me up, it would be my main snack. And then I would eat cereal, pizza, pasta. Most of my diet was wheat, to be honest, usually with yeasts. But the thing is I had had no problem, so despite knowing wheat was supposedly not very good to eat too much (without knowing why this was) I just ate it and ate it and ate it.

So I could sit here and pretend that oh I'm mr Innocent and oh how UNFORTUNATE I was to get this terrible thing and so forth, but it's bs and I know it's bs. I did this to myself and now I need to fix it.

Hoppiiii! ^_^ hehe

EDIT -- However, I'm pleased for you that supplementing with histame helped you get your IBS under control. That is nice. But of course there are a ton of deficiencies that can cause intolerances. I have considered bile deficiency, enzyme deficiencies, all kinds of things. And I'll definitely bear this one in mind too :) But right here and now, I still believe my symptoms most closely match those associated with Candida.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Thing is, I know that something reasonably sudden with a lot of impact must have happened to my body to make it just freak out like it did.

I mean literally, I have stood looking in the mirror (not just at my hair, but at myself) or lying there or thinking to myself and thinking "What HAPPENED to my old body?" or "I wish I could go back to the way things were" meaning the way things were before I got that sudden bad egg intolerance and my health hit the wall (regardless of diet).

Something BIG happened to me, I know that. That's why I was researching things of significance like parasites, bacterial infections, liver stones, leaky gut and candida. Because I know my body wouldn't just freak out like this if it wasn't something that was really worth freaking out over. Add to that the terrible dandruff, the growing sensitivity to some foods (like orange juice, I gradually could drink less and less before getting a bad stomach, I used to be able to down litres and litres without issue but in the time leading up to my egg intolerance and stuff that dropped), and now the fungal looking stuff when I use the loo, and fungus is looking more and more likely to me.

It would explain EVERYTHING. My diet was all pizza and chocolate and alcohol (with friends and stuff, not in a worrying way!), and my lifestyle was all too much time indoors, stress, smoking, etc etc. And too little sleep. My immune system wouldn't have been at it's best (hell, I wasn't even drinking as much OJ at that point).

I ate SO much bread, honestly. I would just eat slice after slice because it filled me up, it would be my main snack. And then I would eat cereal, pizza, pasta. Most of my diet was wheat, to be honest, usually with yeasts. But the thing is I had had no problem, so despite knowing wheat was supposedly not very good to eat too much (without knowing why this was) I just ate it and ate it and ate it.

So I could sit here and pretend that oh I'm mr Innocent and oh how UNFORTUNATE I was to get this terrible thing and so forth, but it's bs and I know it's bs. I did this to myself and now I need to fix it.

Hoppiiii! ^_^ hehe

EDIT -- However, I'm pleased for you that supplementing with histame helped you get your IBS under control. That is nice. But of course there are a ton of deficiencies that can cause intolerances. I have considered bile deficiency, enzyme deficiencies, all kinds of things. And I'll definitely bear this one in mind too :) But right here and now, I still believe my symptoms most closely match those associated with Candida.

Hoppi anyone ever tell you that you're emotionally exhausting?

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
So whereeeeees ajax?

Feeling like a tool lately?

Tried apple cider vinegar mixed with colloidal silver yet?
lolsdu.gif

Hoppi

Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
Hoppi anyone ever tell you that you're emotionally exhausting?

I'm a quarter Italian and a quarter Maltese :)

And have a very Italian grandmother and mum.. lol

That may explain it!

Mens Rea

Reaction score
ajax said:
Now thats what I call a proper post that adds to the thread :bravo:

I presume you live in the US?

I just ask as unfortunately over here (UK) retty much impossible to get tests like this done, no matter how hard you push for them.

There's a chance I might have a condition that means I have a gap between my heart ventracles (sp?) that shouldn't be there... will they send me for tests? NOPE! Its not life threatening (although can lead to a larger chance of getting strokes, and scuba diving might kill me) so they aint interested.

NHS sucks!

Im from the UK!!

Northern Ireland.

I agree. I visited this doctor privately. He said himself the NHS is a joke with things like this. I do have an endochronologist who i firsly engaged privately but he was good enough to put me on the NHS and he's got me loads of blood tests and stuff that most ppl in the UK would have great difficulty in getting.

As for the blood test, you get can it via a few labs in the UK privately. The candida blood test is £79. I can link you guys to the sites if you wish.

As for your own personal problems. You sum it right. They won't be interested. They're clueless with most unusal stuff.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
Mens Rea said:
You can also get blood tests which flag up the antibodies that the body produces to fight candida. I'm currently arranging one of these. The risk with this test is if your body is so exhausted it can give up producing antibodies and thus give you a false negative in the blood test.

^^^^ Utter Horse sh*t. Nice little crutch to explain away the lack of any medically viable evidence for such diagnosis.

Remember this?

Pick any symptoms—the more common the better.
Say that millions of undiagnosed people suffer from it.
Don't compete with other fad diseases. Say that yours predisposes people to the rest or vice versa.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... index.html

BTW. that quackwatch site is BULLSHIT. Why is it such a good source?

Alternative medicine supplement sites are more "authoritative" on the "issue"?
lolsdu.gif

[quote:3ohhkhai]YES, candida is a shady market but that doesn't mean it's not real. It is. The overuse of antibiotics and underuse of probiotics is something the next generation is really going to feel.

Hook. Line. Sinker. Swallow that bait you gullible buffoons.

That said, the whole leaky gut thing is largely misunderstood. IF you have this, you'll have all sorts in your blood from fragements of FOOD to candida etc. Think about it. If this is the case, you'll feel like sh*t. I assure you. You will have very clear symtoms that all isn't right in your body.

I went to a renouned alternative medicine health practitioner 2 weeks ago and i was tested for all sorts of things (for my finasteride problems) including candida (just via swab) which was negative. I enquired about systemic candida (i.e. leaky gut) and he told me "If you had that, you'd wouldn't be sitting on that chair as comfortably, or at all.....i've seen people with this and they are very sick indeed". I suppose that isn't a surprise given you would have fungas growing inside you at an advanced rate.

I think that says all in terms of leaky gut and the hairloss theories...

Made an edit above for accuracy.
1zpsmlv.jpg
[/quote:3ohhkhai]

LOL LOL LOL

Man you need to get your facts straight.

This doctor is a TOP sexual health doctor. I mean, top in the UK. I'll link anyone to his website via pm if you wish. He has 100 odd publications. So don't even go there.

Not to mention i've did my reading, liaised with other doctors and seen many many real life examples. Don't try rub off your ignorance on me, thank you.

Got a peer reviewed scientific study to look at that proves leaky gut syndrome is real?

I don't care about the in's and out's of "leaky gut syndrome", im simply telling you as FACT that some unfortuante people can develop very serious systemic candida infections. Even the NHS will pay attention to this IF you present with an autoimmune disease such as HIV/AIDS as such fungal infections can spiral out of control. That is the only incidence when the NHS will care about systemic candida. Again, im telling you this AS FACT as verified by other top line NHS doctors.

I don't have a particular interest in this topic so i'm not going to go back and forward with this. I've already said, candida and general MBP are NOT liked whatsoever so this is a silly thread. But it definately exists.

As for causes, you clearly don't understand how anti-biotics worked. Also have you ever seen live blood testing via dark field microscopy? Didn't think so. You are involved in a debate you have no knowledge on whatseover.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
ajax said:
Mens Rea said:
Guys,

alot of crazy sh*t being written in here.

I know all about systemic candida as i've researched it in depth in relation to my finasteride problems. Some guys on propeciahelp have found they have had candida and they have improved by slowly eradicating that.

Hoppi, how about you look into candida testing before assuming you have ANY form of candida?

I'm sure you've read about the "spit test". If not, google it. It's NOT reliable though.

The BEST test is probably live blood testing through dark field microscopy. This would look at the blood in micro detail and be able to tell if there is candida present.

You can also get blood tests which flag up the antibodies that the body produces to fight candida. I'm currently arranging one of these. The risk with this test is if your body is so exhausted it can give up producing antibodies and thus give you a false negative in the blood test.

You can also get stool testing for candida and parasites. None of these tests are that overly expensive, relatively speaking. So i advice anyone who actually thinks they have candida to invest in a test. It would make much more sense than trying the crazy candida diets that are proposed.

YES, candida is a shady market but that doesn't mean it's not real. It is. The overuse of antibiotics and underuse of probiotics is something the next generation is really going to feel.

That said, the whole leaky gut thing is largely misunderstood. IF you have this, you'll have all sorts in your blood from fragements of FOOD to candida etc. Think about it. If this is the case, you'll feel like sh*t. I assure you. You will have very clear symtoms that all isn't right in your body.

I went to a renouned sexual health doctor 2 weeks ago and i was tested for all sorts of things (for my finasteride problems) including candida (just via swab) which was negative. I enquired about systemic candida (i.e. leaky gut) and he told me "If you had that, you'd wouldn't be sitting on that chair as comfortably, or at all.....i've seen people with this and they are very sick indeed". I suppose that isn't a surprise given you would have fungas growing inside you at an advanced rate.

Not sure if you'll be going back to him or not, but if you do would you mind asking the following question?

If someone eats dairy until the age of 19 and never had any problems with it, but suddenly develops an intollerance, why is this?

Its just leaky gut syndrome is a theory as to what causes these intollerances. Personally I had dairy all the time up until 19 (and then for a few years after with a lot of problems, until I realised what was causing them), yet after lots of antibiotics over a couple of years (I had re-occuring tonsilitis), and was at one point put on them for 3 months solid, I suddenly developed an intollerance to dairy.

It kind of fits the Candida / Leaky Gut Syndrome model, so am surprised by his very firm opinion on this subject

Put your mind at rest. I doubt you have leaky gut symdrome due to these intolerance. You're almost certainly completely off here.

You MIGHT have a mild case of it. Try a anti-candida diet for a few weeks. No sugar, yeast and take pau d'arco tea and the likes. Give it a few weeks and see how you feel. Many hundreds of people HAVE recovered. The thing is, your situation just sounds like a normal food intolerancy especially if you aren't ill, otherwise?

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Mens Rea said:
Rogazzle said:
Mens Rea":tg56ygyn] You can also get blood tests which flag up the antibodies that the body produces to fight candida. I'm currently arranging one of these. [b]The risk with this test is if your body is so exhausted it can give up producing antibodies and thus give you a false negative in the blood test.[/b] [/quote] ^^^^ Utter Horse sh*t. Nice little crutch to explain away the lack of any medically viable evidence for such diagnosis. Remember this? [i][b]Pick any symptoms—the more common the better. Say that millions of undiagnosed people suffer from it. Don't compete with other fad diseases. Say that yours predisposes people to the rest or vice versa.[/b] [url="http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/fadindex.html said:
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... index.html[/url]
[/i]

Alternative medicine supplement sites are more "authoritative" on the "issue"?
lolsdu.gif

[quote:tg56ygyn]YES, candida is a shady market but that doesn't mean it's not real. It is. The overuse of antibiotics and underuse of probiotics is something the next generation is really going to feel.

Hook. Line. Sinker. Swallow that bait you gullible buffoons.

I went to a renouned alternative medicine health practitioner 2 weeks ago and i was tested for all sorts of things (for my finasteride problems) including candida (just via swab) which was negative. I enquired about systemic candida (i.e. leaky gut) and he told me "If you had that, you'd wouldn't be sitting on that chair as comfortably, or at all.....i've seen people with this and they are very sick indeed". I suppose that isn't a surprise given you would have fungas growing inside you at an advanced rate.

Made an edit above for accuracy.
1zpsmlv.jpg
[/quote:tg56ygyn]

LOL LOL LOL

Man you need to get your facts straight.

This doctor is a TOP sexual health doctor. I mean, top in the UK. I'll link anyone to his website via pm if you wish. He has 100 odd publications. So don't even go there.

Not to mention i've did my reading, liaised with other doctors and seen many many real life examples. Don't try rub off your ignorance on me, thank you.

Got a peer reviewed scientific study to look at that proves leaky gut syndrome is real?

I don't care about the in's and out's of "leaky gut syndrome", im simply telling you as FACT that some unfortuante people can develop very serious systemic candida infections. Even the NHS will pay attention to this IF you present with an autoimmune disease such as HIV/AIDS as such fungal infections can spiral out of control. That is the only incidence when the NHS will care about systemic candida. Again, im telling you this AS FACT as verified by other top line NHS doctors.

I don't have a particular interest in this topic so i'm not going to go back and forward with this. I've already said, candida and general MBP are NOT liked whatsoever so this is a silly thread. But it definately exists.

As for causes, you clearly don't understand how anti-biotics worked. Also have you ever seen live blood testing via dark field microscopy? Didn't think so. You are involved in a debate you have no knowledge on whatseover.[/quote:tg56ygyn]

^^^ Yeah. Got me. None whatsoever. Never mind.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any wonder why these alternative candida type "symptom" threads hardly sees any traffic? At least until someone comes into them and starts delivering the beat-downs.

Anyone with any intellectual integrity will not buy what these guys are selling.

It's funny to watch them squirm.

I really should leave these kooky topics alone. You don't deserve me.
sadbananap.gif

No shittin.

Jacob

Reaction score
Hoppi said:

Hoppiiii! ^_^ hehe

Quite a long post there Hoppi...and it has nothing to do with what I was pointing out. You just KNOW it's this..it's that..no wait, it's this. It's always THE problem with THE answer..and yet it's always changing.

It's one thing to research things and try different things. It's quite another to claim for sure THIS is definitely the problem, and THIS is what you need to take or do to overcome it. And yet you don't know for sure if, for example, if you have a candida problem. Any suggestion that it could be something else...or something else could be tried instead...hmmm...what was that you said elsewhere about those at HairLossTalk.com being close-minded??

I thought ACV was your cure...things could never be better than with your daily ACV consumption. You were never going to do w/out it.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
^^^ Yeah. Got me. None whatsoever. Never mind.

Well perhaps you know more than the high calibre doctors I have discussed these matters with. You know, the doctors who deal with this stuff quite regularly.

Since you clearly know more than them - and since quackwatch says so, i guess i should back the f*** up. I apologise. I bow to your high level of medical qualification.

Instead of me lumbering back here in 5 years or whatever when same is more officially recognised (much like Post Finasteride Syndrome), i'll just put it out there now. You're a narrow-minded simpleton.

Hoppi

Reaction score
I think I'm just going to wait for ajax to reply again! lol :)

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
Is there any wonder why these alternative candida type "symptom" threads hardly sees any traffic? At least until someone comes into them and starts delivering the beat-downs.

Anyone with any intellectual integrity will not buy what these guys are selling.

It's funny to watch them squirm.

I really should leave these kooky topics alone. You don't deserve me.
sadbananap.gif

No shittin.

Bye! :wave:

powersam

Reaction score
Mens Rea said:

What was his proposed treatment if one did indeed have a systemic candida infection?

Mens Rea

Reaction score
We didn't discuss this but one would assume it is the normal:

Nystatin
Diflucan

maybe Keto.

And obviously avoid sugar and yeast etc.

That seems to be the accepted treatment idea anyway.

powersam

Reaction score
I'm surprised you'd discuss diagnosis at such length but not treatment...