Candida & Hair Loss - advice needed

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
ajax said:
Nice one Hoppi mate!

Yeah I think its worth the money... I mean i'm getting bad die off symptoms despite not sticking to a strict Candida diet, so it clearly is a very effective product!

I also ordered the 180 capsules, its better that way as at the moment i'm taking 6 a day, and will move up to 8 a day shortly.

Please be warned that if you dive in with too many too soon you'll be very ill! Best start off with 1 twice a day and work up from there.

I'm levelling out a bit after a few days of feeling pretty rough. It seems every time I up my dosage it really knocks me sideways for a few days, and then I just feel slightly rough after that for another few days.

Do you plan on using this long term btw? I'm not 100% sure how this thing works long term? I'm thinking that once my die off completely goes that means the candida is all gone? And after that I can drop my dosage considerably and just almost take a maintenance dosage after that?

I believe that once Candida is weak enough, the good bacteria keep it in line. A bit of Candida is ok (and apparently normal and exists in everyone) and may actually be beneficial in some ways I heard, but I forget why!

However, I also heard that one of the biggest issues is that Candida shifts from it's yeast to it's fungal form, and that's when we get problems. So the question is... how do we get it to revert back to it's healthy yeast form? Will it do it by itself when there are enough good bacteria and the diet doesn't encourage it? Do we need to chelate mercury away from it to make it revert back?

I just don't know. I know iodine is supposed to be good at pulling mercury from Candida though and is pretty cheap and ofc very healthy, so if that is a factor then it's pretty easy to fix.

But yeah, once Candida is down to a healthy, controlled level in it's yeast form and with lots of good bacteria around it, we shouldn't really even NEED Syntol anymore unless it gets out of hand again.

I'd like to do a bit more research into the yeast/fungal change, as it seems like an odd concept doesn't it? Might be good to understand it a bit better! :)

EDIT -- And man this is great! lol At the moment I have decided I may as well give myself a break from Candida diet and that before my Syntol turns up, so I'm eating all the bad foods haha, like fruit juices and pizzas and all that xD

I thought I may as well make the most of these few days right?

Then... back on the vegetables and stuff again!

It's gonna be worth it though :) I can't wait to be better!

DOUBLE EDIT -- On second thoughts this was a bad idea... lol - my stomach is killing >.< Either there was egg in the pizza I had (I have an egg intolerance since this all started) or it was all the sugar and bread :( I dunno, but man it hurts loads! Maybe I should go easy even at the moment and not push my luck...

Haha yeah dont binge now because your body clearly isn't capable of handling it! I think its best to do everything in moderation... dont completely starve yourself of things you like, but dont go mad on them either.

Thats good that once everything is balanced we can drop the Syntol, I will probs take a big dose for a couple of months, drop down to a smaller dose for another few months, and then decide from there what to do next.

Keep me updated with your progress!

Hoppi

Reaction score
Cool, I will! :)

And yeah logic would dictate that we should keep taking Syntol until we experience no more die-off symptoms and digestion feels fine again.

And yeah I think there was egg in the pizza or something... darn this intolerance :(

My Syntol should arrive in the mail any day now though so I can get started! I'll definitely let you know how it goes! :)

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Cool, I will! :)

And yeah logic would dictate that we should keep taking Syntol until we experience no more die-off symptoms and digestion feels fine again.

And yeah I think there was egg in the pizza or something... darn this intolerance :(

My Syntol should arrive in the mail any day now though so I can get started! I'll definitely let you know how it goes! :)

My die off is ok today... will up my dosage again in a few days. This stuff must be so effective though as I was on my knees nearly on Monday, and today I feel fine, so its done a lot of serious work in the short space of a few days!

I wonder why it suddenly kicks in again when I up the dosage though? Are there hard places to reach or something that require more work than others? And a low dosage only gets so far in to the digestive system?

My wife asked a good question about intolerances actually now you mention yours... she asked if once my gut lining has healed, will I stop being intolelerant to dairy?

I'm presuming the answer is no to this? Once intolerant its too late i'm presuming? But obviously it stops futher intolerances happening at least?

Shame you can't eat eggs! Mind you I can't eat Dairy so I think I win :innocent:

Jacob

Reaction score
the Last Fight said:
You guys are getting crazy with cleanse this and flush that , Hoppi in your case youre most likely suffering from gluten intolerance and maybe have celiac disease becasue youve stated how bad eating bread and pasta make you feel.

Why dont you give up that sh*t food instead of wasting money on a product that may ultimately do more harm.?

And ever hear of doctors? They can check your blood for whatever you think your ailing from...

Get healthy :hump:

Come on..this is the latest cure! Staying away from gluten will be another one down the road! Don't put a damper on the excitement :)

Oh wait..he uses minoxidil...and....

Carry on, Hoppi..just having fun.

Hoppi

Reaction score
ajax said:
My die off is ok today... will up my dosage again in a few days. This stuff must be so effective though as I was on my knees nearly on Monday, and today I feel fine, so its done a lot of serious work in the short space of a few days!

I wonder why it suddenly kicks in again when I up the dosage though? Are there hard places to reach or something that require more work than others? And a low dosage only gets so far in to the digestive system?

My wife asked a good question about intolerances actually now you mention yours... she asked if once my gut lining has healed, will I stop being intolelerant to dairy?

I'm presuming the answer is no to this? Once intolerant its too late i'm presuming? But obviously it stops futher intolerances happening at least?

Shame you can't eat eggs! Mind you I can't eat Dairy so I think I win :innocent:

To be honest... it never even occurred to me that digestive intolerances might not heal! Pretty much everything I've ever heard indicates the opposite! It's my understanding that once normal digestion is resumed, intolerances disappear. Because once Candida isn't upsetting the immune system and the gut wall is strong... why would the body keep reacting?

The only evidence I've heard for them continuing is that the body apparently developes a kind of weird persistent reaction to a food almost like a phobia lol, but I've never actually SEEN any evidence of this. Personally I have my doubts as to whether it's even true. I would be very surprised if your intolerances remained even after Candida was gone and your gut wall was healed, flora totally fine, etc. Wouldn't make too much sense!! lol

I dunno about the Syntol dosages... I really can't say! I haven't been fighting Candida for long enough to know exactly how it reacts to different things. I'd keep at it though and see what happens! :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
I got my Syntol and I just took the first two caps!!! I'll take 2 doses of 2 a day on an empty stomach for now, right?

Kiiiinda nervous, not about the die-off so much but about this being like "crunch time"! If I'm right... Syntol probably will have it takes to cure me. If I'm wrong (as I was about me having fatty liver, gallstones, a protein deficiency and a bunch of other things I've probably theorized since all this started!) then... I'm back to the drawing board again >.<

Right! Come on!

I'll be on a good Candida diet, etc, and I guess I'll just see how I feel! :)

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
I got my Syntol and I just took the first two caps!!! I'll take 2 doses of 2 a day on an empty stomach for now, right?

Kiiiinda nervous, not about the die-off so much but about this being like "crunch time"! If I'm right... Syntol probably will have it takes to cure me. If I'm wrong (as I was about me having fatty liver, gallstones, a protein deficiency and a bunch of other things I've probably theorized since all this started!) then... I'm back to the drawing board again >.<

Right! Come on!

I'll be on a good Candida diet, etc, and I guess I'll just see how I feel! :)

I started with just one capsule a day, twice a day... but I dont see any problem with 2 twice a day.

Dont go too high a dose too quickly though or you'll be on your knees from the die off.

Well dont pin all your hopes on it mate, at the end of the day your body will be healthier and better balanced from a few months on Syntol... surely thats a good positive result?

Anything else is just a bonus. :)

powersam

Reaction score
Why not just take a once off pill, the kind that girls take for thrush?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
powersam said:
Why not just take a once off pill, the kind that girls take for thrush?

I'm pretty sure thats a completely different mechanism and works for a completely different part of teh body tbh.

Plus that wouldn't fix the long term issue of an overgrowth of Candida anyway, there are many factors that need to be addressed relating to the balance of good and bad bacteria in the gut.

Taking a canestan (sp?) pill wont give you good bacteria in your gut.

powersam

Reaction score
Nope it's all the same thing, the name just changes depending on where on the body it occurs. Oral clotrimazole or fluconazole can be used for severe cases of athletes foot for example, or any other candida albicans fungal infection, wherever on the body it is.

It would work. Definitely might mess with your stomach a bit, but once the overpopulation of fungus was gone normal balance would probably return.

Candida does not need to be a long term issue, unless you've an underlying problem like metablic syndrome.

Hoppi

Reaction score
I think antifungal drugs do work but... I dunno if they work quickly and they can harm your liver if taken for too long (definitely fluconazole).

I have heard success stories though with nystatin and probably fluconazole too, especially when combined with probiotics, but the advantage of enzymes like in Syntol is that the Candida doesn't get resistant and it doesn't harm your body so you can just keep going and going until it's gone. As I say though you're definitely right about the antifungal route having advantages too powersam :)

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Recipe for a New Fad Disease

Pick any symptoms—the more common the better.
Pick any disease—real or invented. (Real diseases have more potential for confusion because their existence can't be denied.)
Assign lots of symptoms to the disease.
Say that millions of undiagnosed people suffer from it.
Pick a few treatments. Including supplements will enable health food stores and chiropractors to get in on the action.
Promote your theories through books and talk shows.
Don't compete with other fad diseases. Say that yours predisposes people to the rest or vice versa.
Claim that the medical establishment, the drug companies, and the chemical industry are against you.
State that the medical profession is afraid of your competition or trying to protect its turf.
If challenged to prove your claims, say that you lack the money for research, that you are too busy getting sick people well, and that your clinical results speak for themselves.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... index.html

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
Recipe for a New Fad Disease

Pick any symptoms—the more common the better.
Pick any disease—real or invented. (Real diseases have more potential for confusion because their existence can't be denied.)
Assign lots of symptoms to the disease.
Say that millions of undiagnosed people suffer from it.
Pick a few treatments. Including supplements will enable health food stores and chiropractors to get in on the action.
Promote your theories through books and talk shows.
Don't compete with other fad diseases. Say that yours predisposes people to the rest or vice versa.
Claim that the medical establishment, the drug companies, and the chemical industry are against you.
State that the medical profession is afraid of your competition or trying to protect its turf.
If challenged to prove your claims, say that you lack the money for research, that you are too busy getting sick people well, and that your clinical results speak for themselves.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... index.html

Recipe for Roggazle's posts:

Pick a topic, any topic doesn't really matter which.
Wade in with nothing helpful or important.
Hope everyone looks at him, pays attention as this is what he needs.
Try to pass of his opinion as fact.
Fail to recognised that he is posting in the "experimental treatments section".

I'm not really interested in whether candida is recognised by mainstream medicine, or whether you, or anyone believes that taking certain probiotics, and ammending lifestyle can lead to improved health... It really wont have any impact on whether the likes of me or Hoppi decide to go down this route.

You clearly have a really big issue with this subject... You never explain why, and why it bothers you so much that Hoppi and I are experimenting with this... f*** me man there's people on here taking meds they buy from dodgy chemists in china, with no idea if what they are taking is safe... yet your campaign on here focuses on 2 guys taking a safe supplement that can aid healthy digestion?

Kind of makes your posts look pretty silly really when you look at it like that dont you think?

Hoppi

Reaction score
whoa you don't believe leaky gut syndrome exists?

I... won't even bother. lol

So, how are you getting on with Syntol ajax? I haven't really experienced any die-off symptoms to speak of which sucks as I really want to know that something is happening! My diet has been sloppy though so I'm trying to improve it so as to increase chances of getting at Candida :) Again, I can't be sure it's what I have but it's a pretty darn good thing to target for now I think!

My okra pepsin also arrived today which is cool, so that will help to remove some of the gunk that apparently builds up in the intestines (and I have heard pretty strong accounts of from elsewhere). It's all a learning curve :)

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
whoa you don't believe leaky gut syndrome exists?

I... won't even bother. lol

No. But what does your New Age alternative volcano tribe medicine doctor books have to say about it?

Enlighten me.

mykal_P

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
^^^ You don't phase me. Science is on my side. You guys swallowed the snake-oil bait.

I have leaky gut syndrome!
\
winnerh.gif

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... ndida.html

Read that and enjoy your mental anguish. How does it feel to be a sucker? And you actually spend money on your crap?

Sucker.
lolsdu.gif

I'm Teflon....b**ch.

DEAL.

:laugh: pic is priceless, made my week.

Hoppi you remind me of our old resident theory dreamer upper "misterE". I shudder even showing any of his threads for fear of you quacks getting new ideas.
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?t=55542