Candida & Hair Loss - advice needed

Hoppi

Reaction score
And ajax, it's awesome to both be coming at this from similar approaches! I am in the process of making super strong kefir (the stuff I've got downstairs is now 2 day old - as I've got two jars so I can still drink it every day - and it already looks crazy! lol).

It will be wonderful also if my digestive health improves and I can actually eat mayonnaise and eggs again ._.

The whole thing went to hell pretty much just before my hair loss started. Sucks man.

Come on kefir! Do your thing :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
[youtube:1x253yr6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjdFEYV_PIk[/youtube:1x253yr6]

Thar she blows!

Die, candida! >=(

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
[youtube:2gdd9zi3]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjdFEYV_PIk[/youtube:2gdd9zi3]

Thar she blows!

Die, candida! >=(

I can't view video's at work Hoppi mate... can you give me a brief run down on what it says?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
And ajax, it's awesome to both be coming at this from similar approaches! I am in the process of making super strong kefir (the stuff I've got downstairs is now 2 day old - as I've got two jars so I can still drink it every day - and it already looks crazy! lol).

It will be wonderful also if my digestive health improves and I can actually eat mayonnaise and eggs again ._.

The whole thing went to hell pretty much just before my hair loss started. Sucks man.

Come on kefir! Do your thing :)

I've been having a think about my regimen after reading up on leaky gut syndrome (thought i'd be proactive rather than expecting you to write out what's in that video), and have come up with the following:

Syntol - for one month
Calendula - will take alongside syntol for one month (copied that one off you)
Biotin - Will introduce this after the one month cleanse.

Seems people deficiant in Biotin suffer hair loss, and in leaky gut syndrome there's going to be a deficiency of Biotin getting to the right places.

So heal the gut and then give it some biotin to work it magic on my head.

I'm kind of 50/50 on ACV after reading it causes weight loss at the moment... For a lot of people that's a great side effect... for someone who's only 10 stone its not so good lol!

Hoppi

Reaction score
ajax said:
I've been having a think about my regimen after reading up on leaky gut syndrome (thought i'd be proactive rather than expecting you to write out what's in that video), and have come up with the following:

Syntol - for one month
Calendula - will take alongside syntol for one month (copied that one off you)
Biotin - Will introduce this after the one month cleanse.

Seems people deficiant in Biotin suffer hair loss, and in leaky gut syndrome there's going to be a deficiency of Biotin getting to the right places.

So heal the gut and then give it some biotin to work it magic on my head.

I'm kind of 50/50 on ACV after reading it causes weight loss at the moment... For a lot of people that's a great side effect... for someone who's only 10 stone its not so good lol!

Cool :)

ACV is primarily for cleansing my liver and general toning of the gut... it's good but probs not essential particularly not just for Candida.

The video just covers the most important stuff about the overgrowth - what it is, why it happened, how it affects the body, how commonplace it is in today's society, etc. And also one guy's success treating it with nystatin, a probiotic and no sugar.

That gives me hope of course, as that's a very simple treatment and he says it worked.

I really want to take fluconazole but I'm worried as I know it harms the liver.

And hm wow syntol does look like an interesting product! How did you hear of it?

Calendula is almost certainly a good addition as healing is probably so important for both of us.

Leaky gut.. I felt a little worried about it at first until I heard about the wonderful natural healers that exist. This game is already won, it just takes time that's all. :)

Oh, I had a bottle of Oxy-powder spare so I am starting an Oxy-powder cleanse today as well! It will go on for about 9 days I think including setting my dose. That plus the kefir should improve my gut environment a bit for starters! :)

One guy swore by the Oxy-powder cleanse! ^^

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
I found Syntol through a quite random process really... googled candida and hair loss, then ended up on a website just talking about Candida, there was a product on there people were recommending called ThreeLac (sp?) so I did a bit of research on that, then a website reviewed it and said Syntol was a better alternative and spoke really highly about it.

Still waiting for it to arrive though, along will all the other supplements i've bought... looking forward to starting the cleanse so hope it hurrys up! :punk:

Hoppi

Reaction score
Well I wish you luck man! We're all discussing Candida and everything in the other forum I frequent too! It's all making a bit of a stir!

Two friends of mine are also coming to the same conclusions (although I was actually inspired by one of them!). I think we are so darn close...

In addition, look at this study that the owner of the other forum posted:

BMC Public Health. 2009 Mar 13;9:82.
Associations among hair loss, oral sulfur-
containing gases, and gastrointestinal
and metabolic linked diseases in
Japanese elderly men: pilot study.
Ansai T, Awano S, Soh I, Takata Y, Yoshida
A, Hamasaki T, Takehara T.
Division of Community Oral Health Science,
Department of Health Promotion, Kyushu
Dental College, Kitakyushu, Japan. ansai@
kyu-dent.ac.jp
BACKGROUND: Male pattern baldness
(male pattern baldness), an observable trait, has been
reported to be associated with various
diseases, such as prostate cancer and
cardiovascular disease. Oral sulfur-
containing gases have also been suggested
to be useful as markers of systemic health
condition. However, there are no known
reports regarding the associations among
male pattern baldness, and oral sulfur-containing gases, and
systemic health conditions in males.
METHODS: We studied 170 male subjects
aged either 60 or 65 years old. The degree
of male pattern baldness was assessed using the Norwood-
Hamilton Baldness scale. Oral sulfur-
containing gases were measured using a
compact-designed device. All subjects
completed physical and laboratory blood
examinations, a face-to-face medical
questionnaire, and an oral examination.
RESULTS: There were significant differences
between the levels of CH3SCH3 and
baldness patterns, independent of age.
When we analyzed whether the association
was linked to systemic health condition, a
strong significant association was observed
between the level of CH3SCH3 and severe
male pattern baldness in subjects with gastrointestinal
diseases, hypertension, and
hypercholesterolemia.
CONCLUSION: These results suggest that
male pattern baldness is associated with the level of
CH3SCH3, a sulfur-containing gas that
causes oral malodor, in elderly Japanese
males. Further, the association was
intensified by the existence of
gastrointestinal tract and metabolic
disorders.

Coincidence?

Time to put THIS theory to the test eh? ^^

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
There is definately something in it, look at cultures around the world who dont have a history of male pattern baldness until they start consuming a western diet, then all of a sudden there's people losing their hair left right and centre.

There's many things than can trigger male pattern baldness, in my mind diet and candida can be two of those things. Now if by curing these issues you can then "turn off" male pattern baldness i'm not so sure... however it certainly could slow things down, and maybe improve things through your body absorbing the correct nutrients. Mix that with an affective regimen of tried and tested treatments and IMO thats giving you the most chance of success I reckon.

Like I argued with Rogazzle though, even if it doesn't work in the slightest... i'll be healthier for it. :punk:

Hoppi

Reaction score
True, although I have issues with this concept of male pattern baldness being turned on and off.

I have come across people fixing their male pattern baldness by dropping androgen-stimulating things in their diet, or cutting down on masturbation, or all that stuff. I have heard people say their hair loss has stopped for a matter of days following cleansing and then restarted.

I think this idea of male pattern baldness being "turned on" by stress and stuff is mostly fantasy. Stress merely encourages things that can lead to male pattern baldness, such as candida, a weak gut wall, fatty liver, etc :)

At the moment I think I am mostly looking at GSE, kefir and my gut wall healers like calendula. I reckon I need to have a strong antifungal like GSE or in my opinion colloidal silver as well as the probiotics.

Coconut kefir I am still VERY interested in, as hell man... that's a strong natural antifungal and strong probiotic in one!!

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
True, although I have issues with this concept of male pattern baldness being turned on and off.

I have come across people fixing their male pattern baldness by dropping androgen-stimulating things in their diet, or cutting down on masturbation, or all that stuff. I have heard people say their hair loss has stopped for a matter of days following cleansing and then restarted.

I think this idea of male pattern baldness being "turned on" by stress and stuff is mostly fantasy. Stress merely encourages things that can lead to male pattern baldness, such as candida, a weak gut wall, fatty liver, etc :)

At the moment I think I am mostly looking at GSE, kefir and my gut wall healers like calendula. I reckon I need to have a strong antifungal like GSE or in my opinion colloidal silver as well as the probiotics.

Coconut kefir I am still VERY interested in, as hell man... that's a strong natural antifungal and strong probiotic in one!!

I've been looking for Coconut Kefir recently but haven't come across it in any shops unfortunately... I haven't really got the time or will to make it myself I've decided, so if you come across any that can be shop bought let me know.

Anti fungal is a good option... is that the same idea behind using vagina cream? But am I right in thinking the long term effects on the liver of daily use are somewhat unknown?

Hoppi

Reaction score
ajax said:
I've been looking for Coconut Kefir recently but haven't come across it in any shops unfortunately... I haven't really got the time or will to make it myself I've decided, so if you come across any that can be shop bought let me know.

Anti fungal is a good option... is that the same idea behind using vagina cream? But am I right in thinking the long term effects on the liver of daily use are somewhat unknown?

Do bear in mind that there are also many natural antifungals, such as grapefruit seed extract, oregano, silver and garlic.

Pharmaceutical options are hard on the liver yes but probably stronger - perhaps best used only over short periods. Silver is apparently very good for candida, I'm considering upping to a controlled dose again but I'm not sure yet.

I do want to have my amalgam fillings replaced too as I understand the connection between mercury and Candida, in particular.

Do you have any amalgam ("silver") fillings?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
ajax said:

Do bear in mind that there are also many natural antifungals, such as grapefruit seed extract, oregano, silver and garlic.

Pharmaceutical options are hard on the liver yes but probably stronger - perhaps best used only over short periods. Silver is apparently very good for candida, I'm considering upping to a controlled dose again but I'm not sure yet.

I do want to have my amalgam fillings replaced too as I understand the connection between mercury and Candida, in particular.

Do you have any amalgam ("silver") fillings?

Ahh ok so maybe garlic pills might be a good idea then? Am sure I read somewhere about them being bad for you if you have candida though? or I might be getting that confussed with something else :dunno:

Yeah I have a few actually... can't afford to get them replaced though unfortunately so will have to stick with them.

Be careful with the Silver... I know some people posted some info about it in the ACV thread... seems a bit risky if you ask me!

Hoppi

Reaction score
I know what you mean about the effort to get fillings replaced. If you want to control candida though I would really do some research though, as it does seem like there is a connection between the two. Mercury seems to make candida more powerful and more likely to change into its fungal form.

Garlic kills candida :) So do all things containing sulphur.

Silver... silver is amazing IMO! But if you overdo it it gives you argyria. Eep!

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
I know what you mean about the effort to get fillings replaced. If you want to control candida though I would really do some research though, as it does seem like there is a connection between the two. Mercury seems to make candida more powerful and more likely to change into its fungal form.

Garlic kills candida :) So do all things containing sulphur.

Silver... silver is amazing IMO! But if you overdo it it gives you argyria. Eep!

Haha not so much effort, more cost and more importantly... I absolutely hate the dentist lol! For some strange reason no matter how many injections they give me I feel everything!!! They dont do anything for me other than make me feel very sick :puke:

Right I will get on the Garlic pills... I know eating it raw would probably be better, but I think the side effects of garlic breath may outweigh the benefits lol

Silver is very risky imo... from what i've read once you get argyria that it, you stay that way... be very careful is my advice, and ideally find something else less dangerous... dont wanna end up looking like the tin man from wizard of oz :woot:

Hoppi

Reaction score
ajax said:
Haha not so much effort, more cost and more importantly... I absolutely hate the dentist lol! For some strange reason no matter how many injections they give me I feel everything!!! They dont do anything for me other than make me feel very sick :puke:

Right I will get on the Garlic pills... I know eating it raw would probably be better, but I think the side effects of garlic breath may outweigh the benefits lol

Silver is very risky imo... from what i've read once you get argyria that it, you stay that way... be very careful is my advice, and ideally find something else less dangerous... dont wanna end up looking like the tin man from wizard of oz :woot:

lol well I don't think argyria constitutes DANGER, as it's only cosmetic, and you won't even get it as long as you only take pure CS in reasonable amounts.

I do agree that it's a risk I am uncomfortable taking and also CS is time consuming to make. On the whole I prefer grapefruit seed extract and kefir, but whether they are strong enough or not is a different matter!

The dentist... yeah I know it's not nice. But if mercury and mercury-containing fillings are as much of an issue as people say... then it may be a necessary evil.. you know?

Hm, Candida really is a tricky one, but from what I hear the best regimens seem to include a GOOD antifungal (or two), a good probiotic, and a good diet. That's pretty much a winning regimen, at least for candida :)

Wow.. long road ahead eh? >.<

Hoppi

Reaction score
And today.... TODAY... I start on a new branch of my regimen aimed specifically at Candida and leaky gut!

So, as well as ACV, kefir, silybin and vit D (and chelation and stuff soon, and a good diet), I will be doing this:

Every morning, midday and evening I will have 20 drops of Calendula and 20 drops of grapefruit seed extract, and 4 times a day I'll have 50ml of colloidal silver :)

I mean, of course some other stuff may slip in like glutamine or coconut oil or whatever, but the idea is just to keep up with these 2 powerful antifungals and powerful healer consistently. My usual problem is that I overwhelm myself, try to do TOO much, and end up giving up on things within days that may well have helped me, simply because I'm overwhelming my ability to keep up with a regimen!

However, this is cheap and repeatable, so I'm confident I can stick to it! I also have faith in all 3 supplements here :)

So, yeah that's that!

Let me know when you get started on your regimen too ajax, and do let me know if you get success!

Hoppi! ^_^

Hoppi

Reaction score
Thanks for the links Jacob, although I think I'm ok!

Every morning I am waking up and taking all 4 (CS/Calendula/GSE/extra virgin coconut oil), and then I'm repeating this in the middle of my day, and again before I go to sleep or at some point in the evening. I've got a really good feeling, as thing is I get an almost hangover-like bad stomach every morning (with a feeling of bloating, etc) and I think it's the Candida.

I am confident that used over a period of months, this regimen will kill it all off for me, and also heal my intestines as it goes! :)

Yay! Hopefully I've got all this right!!! ^_^

Jacob

Reaction score
And you probably could have just taken that one pill :woot:

BTW..do a search at Iherb for Candida...many products...even a colostrum containing one.

Hoppi

Reaction score
heh, I dunno man :)

I never like putting all my faith in one thing...

Plus, I'm on this regimen now so I think I'm gonna stick with it (for once!) and see how it goes :)