Candida & Hair Loss - advice needed

Jacob

Reaction score
Yeah..we know Hoppi..you like putting your faith in whatever gets you excited that week. :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Yeah..we know Hoppi..you like putting your faith in whatever gets you excited that week. :)

how is using an anti-Candida regimen that I put together myself worse than using an off-the-shelf product? Surely all that matters is that you stick to it!

And... I'll keep changing until I know what's wrong with me! I think it probably is Candida, but let's see how this goes :)

Jacob

Reaction score
I never said anything about what you used or made any comparison other than you could have(this is even if you actually have a big Candida problem) just taken a single pill.

But I guess I'm really posting such info all the time for others to check out as well. Or is it..mainly for them. :whistle:

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Started my regimen on Saturday Hoppi.

Just starting off with one Syntol a day + one Calendula capsule a day for now.

Going to bump up the Syntol by one tablet every few days over the next couple of weeks.

Once I'm happy that its had an effect i'll start on the Biotin supplements, but need to let the calendula heal my gut lining first.

Any idea how long it takes Calendula to do its thing?

Hoppi

Reaction score
One guy said he experienced a significant improvement in digestive system health after 3 months on calendula and GSE.

I've been getting strong signs of die-off like bloating and stuff and my stomach feels much better in the mornings already, but I don't know if the "die-off" symptoms are instead my liver struggling to digest the fat in the coconut oil... lol it's so darn hard to tell these things sometimes!

I may drop the coconut oil and just stick to my main 3, to rule out this complication! :)

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow 3 months! So there's a long road ahead of me then eh?

I'll probs add the biotin in after one month in that case

Hoppi

Reaction score
Yeah it can take time - hell most people battle Candida and stuff for way longer than 3 months, but that's mainly because their idea of "battling Candida" is not buying Haribo anymore or something! You need to go for it a bit to kill it, or the darn thing will stick around for the long haul! lol

And man I wish CS didn't carry the risk of argyria. I just love the stuff. I'm just convinced it calms my gut and stuff faster than anything else.

Silver ftw! ^_^

Hoppi

Reaction score
And wow grapefruit seed extract is strong! I reckon it cleared up my fairly bad dandruff I've had since male pattern baldness started in ONE MORNING! I just left it in for the duration of my shower (I squeezed loads of it in some pure, natural shampoo I had) and.. bang. That was it. I was at my friend's and looked in the mirror and my hair was just great, not flakey or bad, just smooth and fantastic!

Still thin around the top but ha :) Not noticeable yet STILL thanks to my Italian genes! Keep it real Italians ^_^

So yeah erm, other than that, Jacob - I was wondering what single supplement would be best for my liver? Silybin, Liv.52, NAC, or?

Just because I think there is more chance of this candida regimen succeeding so I will focus on that, but I still want to leave in apple cider vinegar for liver fat, and another supplement of some description for general liver health/healing.

Oh.. another option is perhaps resveratrol?

Right now I've still got all three I stated above so I'm ok, but I don't want to keep taking them ALL as it's very time-consuming and expensive (money isn't something I'm rolling in right now as I'm only at Uni!), particularly when I'm focusing on Candida anyway.

Hoppiiiipolla! ^_^

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Got some pretty bad die off from the Syntol killing my Candida for a few days recently, felt very achy, tired, stomach felt weird and just felt very run down and not well.

Its passed now but seem to have a lot of gas which is quite amusing to me, but the wife doesn't seem to find it quite so funny lol!

So how long does this usually go on for, and does it mean that all my candida is nearly gone, or just some?

Hoppi

Reaction score
wow, well at least you know it's working!!

How has your diet been? I ask because I'm wondering if the enzymes in Syntol are effective enough to cut through Candida even with a diet that isn't mega precise. That would be impressive...

The most white I ever saw coming out of me was when I was taking Humaworm. Since then it's been pretty random and not that much. I keep trying new things.

I'm doing a 7 day oxy-powder cleanse at the moment as well as chelating heavy metals like mercury, and using some anti-fungals and that as I said before.

Keep us posted on progress with Syntol anyway. I have heard great things about digestive enzymes (specific ones, ofc) for Candida in the past, so this is of particular interest to me!

EDIT -- Wow the more I research and think the more I can definitely appreciate the value of enzymes! Because of course they allow TARGETING of Candida don't they? Anti-fungals and even strong general probiotics just hit everything in the hope that one of them will be Candida lol

I may start to veer more in this direction too as an improvement to my regimen.

Oh, check out this from the Wikipedia article about Candex:

"Candex contains fibre digesting enzymes.
The manufacturer claims this will kill the
candida cells, since their cell walls are built mainly of fibre (cellulose). Since candida can't change its cell wall structure, the enzymatic approach is thought not to induce resistance.

Candida's cell wall contains approximately
30 to 60 percent glucan which are composed of cellulose and hemicellulase, 25 to 50 percent mannan (mannoprotein), 1 to 2 percent chitin (located primarily at the bud scars in the parent yeast cell wall), 2 to 14 percent lipid, and 5 to 15 percent
protein. For this reason, the idea of an
enzyme that digests cellulose and hemicellulase given on an empty stomach as to avoid digestion of other materials is the key concept behind Candex."

(sorry if that breaks up weirdly at all, I'm only posting from my phone)

Notice the similarity in the enzymes chosen between Candex and Syntol! I had no idea you could target Candida so precisely!

I feel like I've learned so much! I wonder if I'm finally near the end of all this now... (not just my hair, atm I'm mainly referring to my digestive issues).

Do keep me posted :)

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
wow, well at least you know it's working!!

How has your diet been? I ask because I'm wondering if the enzymes in Syntol are effective enough to cut through Candida even with a diet that isn't mega precise. That would be impressive...

The most white I ever saw coming out of me was when I was taking Humaworm. Since then it's been pretty random and not that much. I keep trying new things.

I'm doing a 7 day oxy-powder cleanse at the moment as well as chelating heavy metals like mercury, and using some anti-fungals and that as I said before.

Keep us posted on progress with Syntol anyway. I have heard great things about digestive enzymes (specific ones, ofc) for Candida in the past, so this is of particular interest to me!

EDIT -- Wow the more I research and think the more I can definitely appreciate the value of enzymes! Because of course they allow TARGETING of Candida don't they? Anti-fungals and even strong general probiotics just hit everything in the hope that one of them will be Candida lol

I may start to veer more in this direction too as an improvement to my regimen.

Oh, check out this from the Wikipedia article about Candex:

"Candex contains fibre digesting enzymes.
The manufacturer claims this will kill the
candida cells, since their cell walls are built mainly of fibre (cellulose). Since candida can't change its cell wall structure, the enzymatic approach is thought not to induce resistance.

Candida's cell wall contains approximately
30 to 60 percent glucan which are composed of cellulose and hemicellulase, 25 to 50 percent mannan (mannoprotein), 1 to 2 percent chitin (located primarily at the bud scars in the parent yeast cell wall), 2 to 14 percent lipid, and 5 to 15 percent
protein. For this reason, the idea of an
enzyme that digests cellulose and hemicellulase given on an empty stomach as to avoid digestion of other materials is the key concept behind Candex."

(sorry if that breaks up weirdly at all, I'm only posting from my phone)

Notice the similarity in the enzymes chosen between Candex and Syntol! I had no idea you could target Candida so precisely!

I feel like I've learned so much! I wonder if I'm finally near the end of all this now... (not just my hair, atm I'm mainly referring to my digestive issues).

Do keep me posted :)

My diet is pretty healthy but not candida specific... I did this once and dropped a stone in a month (was only 10 stone to start!), and it took me 3 years to put it back on!

So I'm still eating white rice, white pasta and other complex carbs, but I avoid yeast in foods almost completely and no dairy and pretty much everything prepared from scratch with fresh ingredients and no or very little unnatural sugars in my diet.

Interestingly enough this weekend was bad as I was at my mates for the night and ended up eating white bread and burger buns... my die off completely stopped... now i'm back on to my usual diet I feel crap again! Just goes to show that its a fine balance and feeding the candida whilst taking the tablets doesnt work!

yeah Syntol is supposed to be pretty damn awesome from what I read about it. Although thats reflected in the fairly costly price of it. Still its defo working for me hence the die off side effects. They aint nice, btu equally I can handle them so its no big deal.

Not sure how much of an empty stomach I take the tablets on, I usually take them an hour after breakfast and just before bed... I hope thats not reducing its effectiveness. Seems to be working though so I dont think it is.

Dunno if you remember me saying I always had an itchy scalp despite using nizoral? Well thats cleared up a lot! Been using a mint & tea tree shower gel to wash my hair so thats definately helped, but think the Syntol has also played a big part.

Will post again once I notice any other changes in my body.

Hoppi

Reaction score
awesome mate nicely done!

Yeah I've been learning so much about all this stuff recently - it has SUCH a learning curve doesn't it?

I've taken a bunch of Oxy-powder but ugh that stuff always makes me feel like crap lol

What I might do is just stick to a fibre and herb based cleanser like Colonix, and do Candida and heavy metal cleansing as well as that.

I think it's one of those things that once you've got it right, you're set. But it just takes a bit of time and trial and error and patience to understand how to best maintain (digestive) health, and what works best on an individual level (personalities come into that as well I think, as different techniques seem to appeal to different people).

I might grab a bottle of Syntol, just because at least I know that there is a high chance that if it IS Candida causing me issues, I will probably know all about it quite quickly! It's the guesswork that makes a lot of this harder.

So.. yeah :) It's been a long road, but I'm still pretty confident!

Again, let me know how you get on - I think you did tremendously well finding something that works so fast, so hopefully it will continue to give you good results!

Oh, for the record, I hear a lot about mercury and Candida. If you do suspect mercury issues, it might be worth throwing this in at some point to give Candida an even BIGGER run for it's money! xD

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU420/ItemDetail

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
awesome mate nicely done!

Yeah I've been learning so much about all this stuff recently - it has SUCH a learning curve doesn't it?

I've taken a bunch of Oxy-powder but ugh that stuff always makes me feel like crap lol

What I might do is just stick to a fibre and herb based cleanser like Colonix, and do Candida and heavy metal cleansing as well as that.

I think it's one of those things that once you've got it right, you're set. But it just takes a bit of time and trial and error and patience to understand how to best maintain (digestive) health, and what works best on an individual level (personalities come into that as well I think, as different techniques seem to appeal to different people).

I might grab a bottle of Syntol, just because at least I know that there is a high chance that if it IS Candida causing me issues, I will probably know all about it quite quickly! It's the guesswork that makes a lot of this harder.

So.. yeah :) It's been a long road, but I'm still pretty confident!

Again, let me know how you get on - I think you did tremendously well finding something that works so fast, so hopefully it will continue to give you good results!

Oh, for the record, I hear a lot about mercury and Candida. If you do suspect mercury issues, it might be worth throwing this in at some point to give Candida an even BIGGER run for it's money! xD

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU420/ItemDetail

Haha i'm spending way too much on supplements as it is mate! :woot:

I might look at adding something like that in once I drop one of the others though, probably when I drop Calendula, but I think you said that takes up to 3 months to heal the stomach lining, so it'll be a while yet before I drop it.

Hoppi

Reaction score
oh yeah don't drop the calendula! A healer is important IMO :)

Doesn't HAVE to be calendula just.. a healer!

and cheers for the link man I'll take a look!

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
oh yeah don't drop the calendula! A healer is important IMO :)

Doesn't HAVE to be calendula just.. a healer!

and cheers for the link man I'll take a look!

Upped my dose of Syntol again at the weekend to 3 capsules in the morning and 3 at night... got some pretty bad die off!

Very VERY tired and lethargic, heartburn, wind, feeling a bit dizzy and spaced out. Not nice but at least I know its working!

Gonna give it a week or so and then bump myself up to 8 capsules a day... that should see me floored for a few days lol!

Hoppi

Reaction score
Right, I ordered it! I've had enough of this Candida charade lol ^^

I've had enough of carbs and stuff making me feel like crap! You know, I got a bit lazy recently and was eating loads of carbs and bread and stuff and my stomach was killing lol, I woke up with so much discomfort!

So.. anyway :) I've ordered Syntol and also Okra Pepsin to clear out the excess mucus from my gut (I'm pretty sure I've seen signs of that too), and.. I'll probably focus on these two. I'll also keep calendula in there, and take some other things casually.

It's quite a lot of cash but... at some point you just need to do it.. you know? Well, I'm sure you do because you did it too! Better to just go for it rather than spend years trying to save money and actually just prolonging things. It will be really cool to just see how my body reacts to two supplements that are both incredibly cleansing.

It's a bit scary, because of course even though I really do think my problem is Candida.. I don't KNOW for sure. So... it's a bit like... if I'm wrong... what then? But.. all you can do is try isn't it really?

It would also very nicely explain the persistent dandruff and all my other symptoms.

I can't wait to get my Syntol in the mail! I actually ordered 180 caps, which I know is a bit mad but it worked out so much cheaper like that (£24 per 90 caps including postage).

Right... time to nervously proceed! lol :)

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Right, I ordered it! I've had enough of this Candida charade lol ^^

I've had enough of carbs and stuff making me feel like crap! You know, I got a bit lazy recently and was eating loads of carbs and bread and stuff and my stomach was killing lol, I woke up with so much discomfort!

So.. anyway :) I've ordered Syntol and also Okra Pepsin to clear out the excess mucus from my gut (I'm pretty sure I've seen signs of that too), and.. I'll probably focus on these two. I'll also keep calendula in there, and take some other things casually.

It's quite a lot of cash but... at some point you just need to do it.. you know? Well, I'm sure you do because you did it too! Better to just go for it rather than spend years trying to save money and actually just prolonging things. It will be really cool to just see how my body reacts to two supplements that are both incredibly cleansing.

It's a bit scary, because of course even though I really do think my problem is Candida.. I don't KNOW for sure. So... it's a bit like... if I'm wrong... what then? But.. all you can do is try isn't it really?

It would also very nicely explain the persistent dandruff and all my other symptoms.

I can't wait to get my Syntol in the mail! I actually ordered 180 caps, which I know is a bit mad but it worked out so much cheaper like that (£24 per 90 caps including postage).

Right... time to nervously proceed! lol :)

Nice one Hoppi mate!

Yeah I think its worth the money... I mean i'm getting bad die off symptoms despite not sticking to a strict Candida diet, so it clearly is a very effective product!

I also ordered the 180 capsules, its better that way as at the moment i'm taking 6 a day, and will move up to 8 a day shortly.

Please be warned that if you dive in with too many too soon you'll be very ill! Best start off with 1 twice a day and work up from there.

I'm levelling out a bit after a few days of feeling pretty rough. It seems every time I up my dosage it really knocks me sideways for a few days, and then I just feel slightly rough after that for another few days.

Do you plan on using this long term btw? I'm not 100% sure how this thing works long term? I'm thinking that once my die off completely goes that means the candida is all gone? And after that I can drop my dosage considerably and just almost take a maintenance dosage after that?

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys are getting crazy with cleanse this and flush that , Hoppi in your case youre most likely suffering from gluten intolerance and maybe have celiac disease becasue youve stated how bad eating bread and pasta make you feel.

Why dont you give up that sh*t food instead of wasting money on a product that may ultimately do more harm.?

And ever hear of doctors? They can check your blood for whatever you think your ailing from...

Get healthy :hump:

Hoppi

Reaction score
ajax said:
Nice one Hoppi mate!

Yeah I think its worth the money... I mean i'm getting bad die off symptoms despite not sticking to a strict Candida diet, so it clearly is a very effective product!

I also ordered the 180 capsules, its better that way as at the moment i'm taking 6 a day, and will move up to 8 a day shortly.

Please be warned that if you dive in with too many too soon you'll be very ill! Best start off with 1 twice a day and work up from there.

I'm levelling out a bit after a few days of feeling pretty rough. It seems every time I up my dosage it really knocks me sideways for a few days, and then I just feel slightly rough after that for another few days.

Do you plan on using this long term btw? I'm not 100% sure how this thing works long term? I'm thinking that once my die off completely goes that means the candida is all gone? And after that I can drop my dosage considerably and just almost take a maintenance dosage after that?

I believe that once Candida is weak enough, the good bacteria keep it in line. A bit of Candida is ok (and apparently normal and exists in everyone) and may actually be beneficial in some ways I heard, but I forget why!

However, I also heard that one of the biggest issues is that Candida shifts from it's yeast to it's fungal form, and that's when we get problems. So the question is... how do we get it to revert back to it's healthy yeast form? Will it do it by itself when there are enough good bacteria and the diet doesn't encourage it? Do we need to chelate mercury away from it to make it revert back?

I just don't know. I know iodine is supposed to be good at pulling mercury from Candida though and is pretty cheap and ofc very healthy, so if that is a factor then it's pretty easy to fix.

But yeah, once Candida is down to a healthy, controlled level in it's yeast form and with lots of good bacteria around it, we shouldn't really even NEED Syntol anymore unless it gets out of hand again.

I'd like to do a bit more research into the yeast/fungal change, as it seems like an odd concept doesn't it? Might be good to understand it a bit better! :)

EDIT -- And man this is great! lol At the moment I have decided I may as well give myself a break from Candida diet and that before my Syntol turns up, so I'm eating all the bad foods haha, like fruit juices and pizzas and all that xD

I thought I may as well make the most of these few days right?

Then... back on the vegetables and stuff again!

It's gonna be worth it though :) I can't wait to be better!

DOUBLE EDIT -- On second thoughts this was a bad idea... lol - my stomach is killing >.< Either there was egg in the pizza I had (I have an egg intolerance since this all started) or it was all the sugar and bread :( I dunno, but man it hurts loads! Maybe I should go easy even at the moment and not push my luck...