Candida & Hair Loss - advice needed

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry for starting a new thread when I know the Apple Cider Vinegar one is in full swing... I was having a little trouble following it, and its quite extensive!

I never knew that Candida could be a factor in hairloss, but I'm thinking maybe I could help my regimen by adding some probiotics and other things to help my gut (and hopefully my hair loss!)

So my story is this:

Used to get small yellowish hard lumps on my tonsils... i'd pick them off and they STANK!!!!! :puke: I always used to feel a bit ill when I had these, and had slight shivers, no energy etc... some docs said infection, some said it was nothing.

However all docs kept giving me antibiotics time and time again... it never cured the problem!

These little hard lumps/chunks actually started to leave craters in my tonsils (imagine the moons surface), until after 10 years of antibiotics they finally removed them. My throat has been good ever since., and my health improved amazingly! I used to be ill with one thing after another, caught everything that went round, and now I hardly get ill at all!

However I always got a lot of nasal congestion and still do which I think is linked, and I came across an article relating to Candida and how these lumps might have been related to it. So I followed a srtict candida diet for 1 month. In that month I felt great! However I lost a stone (I only weighed 10 stone to start!)... so had to abandon it.

So would anyone a bit more knowledgeable than me think I might benefit hairloss wise from using some of these probiotic/gut cleansing regimens as I'm pretty sure Candida is a problem for me?

Is there any basis in thinking CocoBiotic and ACV might help? And whats the best way of taking these (i.e. supplements, drinks?)

I can't have anything dairy related as this gives me really REALLY bad nasal congestion and a sore as hell throat.

Hoppi

Reaction score
I really think the best solution is to just do what I was saying in my latest thread... kefir! It's the strongest probiotic you can get and you can make it cheaply yourself :)

ACV and kefir really is a winning combo IMO!

The only issue is I'm not sure if it will kill considerable SYSTEMIC candida (throughout one's body). People will descend on me like hawks on prey, but the most solid story I've heard against systemic candida is colloidal silver.

There is a chance that prescription antifungals might work too, but maybe just give the ACV and kefir a bash for now and see how you feel, as it might be enough :)

If you DO have a lot of candida, be prepared for die-off though, when you find something that's actually working. I've heard reports of people having fairly rough weeks on kefir, and then everything getting better again once the bad stuff has died!

I've also heard of people who DIDN'T think kefir helped with their candida, but tbh I have suspicions that there may have been some other factor, like they didn't wait long enough, or the kefir wasn't good enough, or something like that.

It seems to be the strongest probiotic in the world (and also the cheapest and easiest to make) so... why argue with the best? haha :)

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
I really think the best solution is to just do what I was saying in my latest thread... kefir! It's the strongest probiotic you can get and you can make it cheaply yourself :)

ACV and kefir really is a winning combo IMO!

The only issue is I'm not sure if it will kill considerable SYSTEMIC candida (throughout one's body). People will descend on me like hawks on prey, but the most solid story I've heard against systemic candida is colloidal silver.

There is a chance that prescription antifungals might work too, but maybe just give the ACV and kefir a bash for now and see how you feel, as it might be enough :)

If you DO have a lot of candida, be prepared for die-off though, when you find something that's actually working. I've heard reports of people having fairly rough weeks on kefir, and then everything getting better again once the bad stuff has died!

I've also heard of people who DIDN'T think kefir helped with their candida, but tbh I have suspicions that there may have been some other factor, like they didn't wait long enough, or the kefir wasn't good enough, or something like that.

It seems to be the strongest probiotic in the world (and also the cheapest and easiest to make) so... why argue with the best? haha :)

Thanks Hoppi!

I've just ordered some "Syntol" which apparently does kill off the candida in the body... so will use this for 1 month, then drop the doasge (as its expensive) and add in some Kefir and ACV.

So how do you take Kefir & ACV... is it in supplement form, or is that not available or effective if so?

I have a VERY itchy scalp at the moment that nizoral seems to be doing nothing for, so will be able to understand how well the Syntol works by the level of itchyness in my scalp and also from die-off.

Tbh i'm expecting BAD die off as think I have a bad yeast/candida problem. I'm convinced I have leaky gut syndrome too due to developing what seems to be intollerences to certain foods over the last few years that I never had before.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Trust me, this stuff is easy if you know what you're doing, as far as I can tell! hehe :)

Problem is, people don't do enough research!

Leaky gut can be solved with l-glutamine, calendula and colostrum (the first two are probably stronger but I'm sure all 3 are brilliant, I've heard great things), although if you kill the candida your gut will heal anyway I think, particularly if the ACV is in there doing it's fancy thing as well!

For your scalp, as I said in the other thread - T-gel for dry scalps worked for me :)

Chances are that yes, any antifungal will probably work, including miconazole or colloidal silver!

ACV I just get organic, raw ACV (with "the mother") from the health food store, and stick it in most of the large glasses of filtered water I drink (other than before bed as I don't wanna have an acidic mouth all night that doesn't sound clever lol)

The taste is totally, totally fine once you get used to it, at least it is for me! The more you have it, the less you mind exactly how diluted it is!

Kefir is great fun to make :) My thread on this has some vids.

At the moment I have a big jar in my kitchen cupboard full of whole and semi-skimmed goat's milk, with loads of kefir grains in the bottom! It's going nuts in there lol, I drink a bit from time to time but once it's strong enough I'm going to fill a second jar as well and eventually a third, so I can increase the amount I have and allow the kefir to become stronger and stronger before I drink it! I have 2 jars with a gasket lid (or whatever they're called) like these do:

Le-Parfait-French-Glass-Canning-Jar-with-Gasket-and-Lid_61X2qeXZxSL._300_300.jpg

I just got mine at ASDA (UK equivalent to Wal-Mart).

Hope all that helps! So far my kefir-making is going just great!

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Trust me, this stuff is easy if you know what you're doing, as far as I can tell! hehe :)

Problem is, people don't do enough research!

Leaky gut can be solved with l-glutamine, calendula and colostrum (the first two are probably stronger but I'm sure all 3 are brilliant, I've heard great things), although if you kill the candida your gut will heal anyway I think, particularly if the ACV is in there doing it's fancy thing as well!

For your scalp, as I said in the other thread - T-gel for dry scalps worked for me :)

Chances are that yes, any antifungal will probably work, including miconazole or colloidal silver!

ACV I just get organic, raw ACV (with "the mother") from the health food store, and stick it in most of the large glasses of filtered water I drink (other than before bed as I don't wanna have an acidic mouth all night that doesn't sound clever lol)

The taste is totally, totally fine once you get used to it, at least it is for me! The more you have it, the less you mind exactly how diluted it is!

Kefir is great fun to make :) My thread on this has some vids.

At the moment I have a big jar in my kitchen cupboard full of whole and semi-skimmed goat's milk, with loads of kefir grains in the bottom! It's going nuts in there lol, I drink a bit from time to time but once it's strong enough I'm going to fill a second jar as well and eventually a third, so I can increase the amount I have and allow the kefir to become stronger and stronger before I drink it! I have 2 jars with a gasket lid (or whatever they're called) like these do:

Le-Parfait-French-Glass-Canning-Jar-with-Gasket-and-Lid_61X2qeXZxSL._300_300.jpg

I just got mine at ASDA (UK equivalent to Wal-Mart).

Hope all that helps! So far my kefir-making is going just great!

Thanks for the info :)

So how much ACV do you drink per day would you say? Does it always leave an acidic taste?

Hopefully this Syntol product will kill off the candida and help my gut lining heal... it gets great reviews so hoepfully its going to do the business.

As for Kefir... what the hell is it exactly? I can't have dairy products, but have looked in to coconut kefir but its pretty expensive if I have to drink it every day.

I'm gonna hold off on the T-Gel and my other idea of Tea Trea Shampoo as want to see if the anti-candida works to treat the itch.

Hoppi

Reaction score
ajax said:

So how much ACV do you drink per day would you say? Does it always leave an acidic taste?

Hopefully this Syntol product will kill off the candida and help my gut lining heal... it gets great reviews so hoepfully its going to do the business.

As for Kefir... what the hell is it exactly? I can't have dairy products, but have looked in to coconut kefir but its pretty expensive if I have to drink it every day.

I'm gonna hold off on the T-Gel and my other idea of Tea Trea Shampoo as want to see if the anti-candida works to treat the itch.

well, I mean there is almost certainly no issue with taking Syntol and drinking kefir at the same time, in fact it's probably very beneficial.

Kefir is just like.. little "grains" of good bacteria and (apparently good!) yeasts, in a matrix of different stuff to help them grow. They expand and grow, and you get more and more! It's all on Wikipedia and in those vids and stuff :)

Apparently they originated accidentally in the Caucasus Mountains, and were kept guarded until someone snuck in and got them! They are incredibly good. You literally just put them in milk in a closed or mostly closed container and let them go nuts, and then drink it after like, 12-48 hours or so.

Coconut might be ok too if you can't stomach dairy, although you'll almost certainly find kefir is better on your stomach than dairy, and if you used raw milk to make it, I would be amazed if you got a reaction (very little lactose, full of good bacteria and great stuff).

Coconut milk may shield it as well. I would just make water kefir in sugary water with fruit added, mix it with coconut milk until it's thick, then drink it. Coconut water would be fine too I think, but it's more expensive ofc.

Check out this vid:

[youtube:r1rvabxp]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCiZv7dsVYU[/youtube:r1rvabxp]

That dude rules btw xD

And ACV... I really dunno. But my bottles of it don't usually last too long haha

As I say I just dribble a little bit in the bottom of a glass and flood it with water and that's the drink I drink the most throughout the day. Often I add calendula (tincture) and stuff to it too as that's also an anti-fungal and will help my gut to heal.

Erm, yeah! hehe :)

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's the ingredients of the Candida killer I bought (I wont post the name again in case people think i'm spamtastic lol)

Spore Germinated Probiotic: Blend:300mg

•B. subtilus
•L. helvecticus
•S. boulardi
•L. acidophilus
•L. rhamnosus
•L. plantarum
•L. lactis
•B. bifidum

Proprietary Digestive Yeast Cleanse Containing:

•Protease
•Celluslase
•Hemicellulase
•Serrapeptase
•Amylase
•Glucoamylase
Prebiotic Blend:

•Inulin - 600 m

Its all gibberish to me, but do you have any idea Hoppi how this compares to ACV & Kefir... does it have some of the same properties? I dont want to double up on anything should I add them in to the regimen in case I make myself sick :puke:

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
ajax said:

well, I mean there is almost certainly no issue with taking Syntol and drinking kefir at the same time, in fact it's probably very beneficial.

Kefir is just like.. little "grains" of good bacteria and (apparently good!) yeasts, in a matrix of different stuff to help them grow. They expand and grow, and you get more and more! It's all on Wikipedia and in those vids and stuff :)

Apparently they originated accidentally in the Caucasus Mountains, and were kept guarded until someone snuck in and got them! They are incredibly good. You literally just put them in milk in a closed or mostly closed container and let them go nuts, and then drink it after like, 12-48 hours or so.

Coconut might be ok too if you can't stomach dairy, although you'll almost certainly find kefir is better on your stomach than dairy, and if you used raw milk to make it, I would be amazed if you got a reaction (very little lactose, full of good bacteria and great stuff).

Coconut milk may shield it as well. I would just make water kefir in sugary water with fruit added, mix it with coconut milk until it's thick, then drink it. Coconut water would be fine too I think, but it's more expensive ofc.

Check out this vid:

[youtube:24awe0gq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCiZv7dsVYU[/youtube:24awe0gq]

That dude rules btw xD

And ACV... I really dunno. But my bottles of it don't usually last too long haha

As I say I just dribble a little bit in the bottom of a glass and flood it with water and that's the drink I drink the most throughout the day. Often I add calendula (tincture) and stuff to it too as that's also an anti-fungal and will help my gut to heal.

Erm, yeah! hehe :)

Oops just posted at the same time as you, so didnt realise you'd already answered my quesion :smack:

I can't view those vids at work, but i'll try and look at them at home.

I might actually try making Kefir in Soya Milk just to be on the safe side, I really try and avoid milk as its just not good for my nose. In fact dairy is so bad I once ate a chocolate mousse and my spetum split!!! Not nice I can tell you lol

How long can you leave Kefir in a jar for before it goes off? I would want to make a big batch of it ideally (or I might buy the capsules as easier and quicker :whistle: )

I'm gonna give the ACV thread another read now I think I have a better handle on the whole gut/hair connection :)

Hoppi

Reaction score
aw man trust me, I kept trying to go for the route that seemed quicker (probiotic caps, acv caps, etc) but... I dunno, I really do now think the best way is to do it hands on, and just go for things!

I wish you luck with whatever approach you go for though!

Also, capsules can't shield the probiotics from your stomach acid unless they are specially coated, as far as I know. That's why you need the dairy or possibly other fats like coconut milk.

I still have no idea about the connection between coconut milk and cholesterol... I think it's ok though, but there's a chance when the milk is heated really hot it makes more "bad" cholesterol... I dunno, I haven't looked into all this yet as I've been focusing so much on the dairy.

The hair/gut connection... I think it's massive. But... time will tell eh? :)

As for those enzymes.. I don't really know the best enzymes or probiotic strains for candida specifically. There are ones that are supposed to be the best. I decided to opt for the ACV and kefir myself though just because they're so strong and plentiful to get hold of! And enjoyable too IMO! hehe :)

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
aw man trust me, I kept trying to go for the route that seemed quicker (probiotic caps, acv caps, etc) but... I dunno, I really do now think the best way is to do it hands on, and just go for things!

I wish you luck with whatever approach you go for though!

Also, capsules can't shield the probiotics from your stomach acid unless they are specially coated, as far as I know. That's why you need the dairy or possibly other fats like coconut milk.

I still have no idea about the connection between coconut milk and cholesterol... I think it's ok though, but there's a chance when the milk is heated really hot it makes more "bad" cholesterol... I dunno, I haven't looked into all this yet as I've been focusing so much on the dairy.

The hair/gut connection... I think it's massive. But... time will tell eh? :)

As for those enzymes.. I don't really know the best enzymes or probiotic strains for candida specifically. There are ones that are supposed to be the best. I decided to opt for the ACV and kefir myself though just because they're so strong and plentiful to get hold of! And enjoyable too IMO! hehe :)

Thanks Hoppi,

I'm going to start with the supplement I mentioned, then once i've done a month of that add in ACV, then will consider adding kefir after that... Want to do one thing at a time so I can monitor the impact it has on me.

The best thing about it is that should it have no impact on my hair loss, it'll have an impact on my overall health, so its a win win situation :)

So supplement now, ACV 3 table spoons in the am & pm + once a day rubbing on scalp in one month, then Kefir a month after that.

Lets hope i have the stomach and hair of a 12 year old before long :woot:

Hoppi

Reaction score
ajax said:
Thanks Hoppi,

I'm going to start with the supplement I mentioned, then once i've done a month of that add in ACV, then will consider adding kefir after that... Want to do one thing at a time so I can monitor the impact it has on me.

The best thing about it is that should it have no impact on my hair loss, it'll have an impact on my overall health, so its a win win situation :)

So supplement now, ACV 3 table spoons in the am & pm + once a day rubbing on scalp in one month, then Kefir a month after that.

haha as far as I can tell with combos like this you will!!

I have now made calendula a permanent addition to mine, so my main 3 are now kefir, ACV and calendula. It's a wicked healer, and is also antifungal and a liver stimulator, healer and general tonic. It will heal up my gut wall if it's weak anywhere! ^_^

I reckon the combo of these three is just amazing.

Kefir is the best IMO, but they compliment each other. Also, I may juggle the healers a little bit.... like sometimes take colostrum for a bit, or small periods of l-glutamine. Calendula will be my main one though definitely!

Yippee! ^_^

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
ajax said:
Thanks Hoppi,

haha as far as I can tell with combos like this you will!!

I have now made calendula a permanent addition to mine, so my main 3 are now kefir, ACV and calendula. It's a wicked healer, and is also antifungal and a liver stimulator, healer and general tonic. It will heal up my gut wall if it's weak anywhere! ^_^

I reckon the combo of these three is just amazing.

Kefir is the best IMO, but they compliment each other. Also, I may juggle the healers a little bit.... like sometimes take colostrum for a bit, or small periods of l-glutamine. Calendula will be my main one though definitely!

Yippee! ^_^

I can't understand why you were getting such a hard time in the ACV thread mate... at the end of the day you have a theory and are testing it out... dont see the problem myself, and I do feel there is some validity in what you are saying.

How long have you been cleansing for, and did you take some baseline pics to compare at a later date?

I'm looking forward to being candida free, and if it helps my hair loss regimen then great... if not its not doing me anything but good anyway and something I should have done a long time ago

Hoppi

Reaction score
Totally man :)

I still haven't had improvements with my hair, but then it's been a long, long arduous road of learning and research! heh

My digestion packed up in around July 2009, my skin turned to junk in about August, and my hair was well into falling out by the following January!

So... yeah.

Unfortunately, it took me a good 6 months to work out it was my digestion causing the heart of this problem, and it's all been learning from there. I'll get there, I'll get there :)

*stays determined!*

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
The stupid in these forums continues unabated.

Candida is a fungus.

Yellow lumps you can pick out of your tonsils are called tonsil stones and are not fungus.

Tonsil stones are a mishmash of food particles, anaerobic bacteria and bacterial waste.

They smell because they are full of volatile sulfur compounds.

You probably have halitosis.

Vinegar isn't going to do sh*t for your tonsil stones. You need to either extract the stones, surgically remove your tonsils, get an antibiotic, gargle with an oxygenating mouthwash, or a combination thereof.

It's usually a recurring problem because the tonsils have naturally formed crypts where food material and bacteria can accumulate in.

The only cure is a tonsillectomy.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:

Candida is a fungus.

Yellow lumps you can pick out of your tonsils are called tonsil stones and are not fungus.

Tonsil stones are a mishmash of food particles, anaerobic bacteria and bacterial waste.

Vinegar isn't going to do sh*t for your tonsil stones. You need to either extract the stones, surgically remove your tonsils, get an antibiotic, gargle with an oxygenating mouthwash, or a combination thereof.

It's usually a recurring problem because the tonsils have naturally formed crypts where food material and bacteria can accumulate in.

Tonsil stones can be linked to candida - do your research before posting

Antibiotics can be linked to candida - do your research before posting

I have had a tonsilectomy, this thread has nothing to do with me needing a cure for tonsil stones - read the thread properly before posting

Your posts are tiring as they offer no real insight in to anything, all they do is scream "ARRRGGHHHH LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I dont need your pointless posts about how nothing other than the tried and tested treatments will treat hairloss, especially when you are entering threads where I have already stated I am not expecting any results from doing this, but am purely experimenting (hence it being in the experimental section!!).

If I get no results hairloss wise I will have at least gained a healthier gut and digestive system... tell me (rather than just ranting your usual crap) what negatives there are to me treating candida in my body?

Also if you bothered to ask questions rather than just ranting away you'd find out that my regimen already consists of the tried and tested treatments, and that this is just an extra little thing i'm adding for a healthier body... I'm not pinning my hopes on treating candida to cure my hair loss... I have never said I am... but you're not interested in all that because then you couldn't do you usual "LOOK AT ME, PLEASE EVERYONE LOOK AT ME!!!" routine.

Why are you even posting in the "experimental treatments, vitamins & supplements" section anyway when you are so clearly against anyone experimenting?!!

You do realise that you are posting in the "experimental treatments, vitamins & supplements" section dont you? I presume so seeing as you are clearly the font of all knowledge? :jackit:

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
ajax said:
Rogazzle said:

Candida is a fungus.

"Tonsil stones can be linked to candida - do your research before posting"
lolsdu.gif

168cx3b.jpg

"Antibiotics can be linked to candida - do your research before posting"
lolsdu.gif

168cx3b.jpg

clol.gif

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't need to post links, I've done my research, you clearly haven't, so use your initiative and look it up yourself!

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
ajax said:
I don't need to post links, I've done my research, you clearly haven't, so use your initiative and look it up yourself!

crybaby.png

Again adding nothing to the debate I see... What was it I said again?

Oh yeah that's right "everyone look at me!!!"

Yawn!

Hoppi

Reaction score
Rogazzle please, please stop disrupting all our threads. Find a new hobby. I am going to report you to the moderators if this doesn't stop, ok?