Bald Lobby for Kerry

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
I just enjoy mocking folk, like yourself, for discussing politics on an internet forum for hair loss, as if there were not hundreds of other sites to rant and rave till your head pops off. :spell:

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Vampa said:
That's funny, I clearly remember Bush winning votes in enough states to become president in our electoral college system. Maybe you come from an alternate reality, though.
First president ever to win with less votes then his opponent.. and I seem to recal that it came down to a Supreme Court decision not to recount the shadey Florida polls, a decision which could have gone the other way if not for the republican appointment of Clarence Thomas.

Bush didnt win the Presidency. He stole it.

21gone said:
Well his choice and the majority of congress and Kerry's vote as well.
Yes,. their faith in the President was clearly misguided, but everything is 20/20 in hindsight, no?

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
Bush is such a dick, how can anyone seriously think that he's making anything safe in the world, he went into Iraq for oil theres no other reason for it.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jack_the_Lad said:
Bush is such a dick, how can anyone seriously think that he's making anything safe in the world, he went into Iraq for oil theres no other reason for it.
don't respond if you can't come up with logical arguments backed with anything

For the election issue, if Gore aka douchebag was elected by electoral votes and lost by popular votes would you be upset? Maybe you guys should read a little about why the electoral college is so important.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Matgallis said:
Jack_the_Lad said:
Matgallis has a point. There are actually plenty of other reasons Bush went to Iraq. For example, he needed a diversion since he was unable to catch Bin Laden, he had a personal vendetta against Sadam, and Bush is a total egomaniac who thinks that he's doing the Christian God's work.

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
flux said:
Matgallis said:
Jack_the_Lad said:
Matgallis has a point. There are actually plenty of other reasons Bush went to Iraq. For example, he needed a diversion since he was unable to catch Bin Laden, he had a personal vendetta against Sadam, and Bush is a total egomaniac who thinks that he's doing the Christian God's work.

BINGO!!!

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Once again illogical and highly opinionated statements.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously guys, Tom Cruise is not losing his hair!!

oh sorry, wrong thread...

G

Matgallis said:
Once again illogical and highly opinionated statements.

please listen to Madgallis here, no opinions (after all this is politics) just cut and paste info from your google searches.

cheers

Ty

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually flux, it has happened two other times as well, where the president has lost the majority vote, but won the electoral college.

bombscience

Reaction score
Vampa said:
"This moron Bush, (who was never elected, but 'selected')"

That's funny, I clearly remember Bush winning votes in enough states to become president in our electoral college system. Maybe you come from an alternate reality, though.

That's funny because I remember the partisan Supreme Court ultimately deciding who was president in 2000. But maybe you come from the alternate reality of his alternate reality.

bombscience

Reaction score
Matgallis said:
Jack_the_Lad said:

For the election issue, if Gore aka douchebag was elected by electoral votes and lost by popular votes would you be upset? Maybe you guys should read a little about why the electoral college is so important.

Matgallis. I will make sure my point in this post is logical. Or maybe I should just call a presidential candidate a "douchebag" to make my point sound REALLY credible

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
bombscience said:
Matgallis said:
Jack_the_Lad said:

Matgallis. I will make sure my point in this post is logical. Or maybe I should just call a presidential candidate a "douchebag" to make my point sound REALLY credible

OOOHH, NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!!

Matgallis, YOU GOT SERVED!!!!

G

bombscience said:
Matgallis said:
Jack_the_Lad said:

ooohhhh! b**ch slap! :freaked:

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bombscience said:
Matgallis said:
Jack_the_Lad said:

HAHA you're so clever :roll: Way to skip over the rest of the post and focus on one word

Bush%20thumbs%20up%20copy.gif

Go u

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bombscience said:
Vampa said:
"This moron Bush, (who was never elected, but 'selected')"

That's funny because I remember the partisan Supreme Court ultimately deciding who was president in 2000. But maybe you come from the alternate reality of his alternate reality.
Can you link me to a source of this? I would like to read about it.

Thanks

Oh and I hope no one gets too pissed off in this thread, I enjoy debating and sometimes get carried away.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
MidnightFlyer said:
DAC21, to think you can talk anyone into voting for a moron who has basically made the entire planet less habitable and less safe. 185 countries were for the Kyoto Treaty - and Bush walked away.

The Kyoto Treaty was predicated on the belief that Global warming is a reality and that mankind's industrialization of the World is responsible for it.

Yet a recent study of iceberg debris from the floor of the North Atlantic shows that, in the 12,000 years since the end of the last Ice Age, the World has had nine global warmings, followed by nine global coolings. So it is not unreasonable to say that since the end of the most recent cooling period, which included the 'Little Ice Age' of the 17th century, the Earth has been in a warming phase of this natural cycle - believed to be caused by changes in solar radiation intensity.

But legions of environmentalists and a panoply of pressure groups live by promoting this theory of man-made global warming as an indisputable fact. They'll say, as if it's fact, that by increasing CO2 emissions man is causing global warming via the greenhouse effect, and back it up with statistics like; air temperatures have risen by 0.6 degrees Celsius in the past 100 years, without mentioning that most of this occurred before 1950 whilst the bulk of the post-industrialization rise in CO2 levels took place after 1950.

But then I haven't heard Greenpeace, or the left-leaning media, talk about how global warming induced increases in low-level cloud cover will affect temperatures. Or how a professor of meteorology at MIT believes that the high altitude clouds that block outgoing radiation decrease as temperatures rise - suggesting the Earth has an amazingly intricate mechanism of self-regulation.

Slarti

ps. a lot of those 185 countries breathed a sigh of relief when America refused to commit to Kyoto.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Matgallis said:
Can you link me to a source of this? I would like to read about it.
Heres a good commentary on it.
Court TV's Fred Graham discusses the Supreme Court's election decision

There are other sources of information, but unless you want to swim through hundreds of pages of documents, the best you can do is commentarys. This comes from (as far as I know) an unpartisan source, and is the first one I found.

A little back story, the case was Bush v. Palm Beach County Canvassing Board. They wanted a recount, he wanted to stop them (I wonder why?)

Fred Graham said:
When I had a chance to read all the opinions, it seemed there was so little logic behind these five justices making this decision that you just couldn't ignore the fact that they were all Republican justices and, for the most part, had no substantial track record for being sensitive to claims of equal protection violations. They were all staunch state's rights supporters. Yet they all signed on to it.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think this is kinda funny..these debates...you guys try so hard to be right just to prove the other person wrong.It doesnt matter if you think bush or kerry is a shittbrick......your not gonna change anyones mind even IF you prove them wrong.we are all hard headed......nothing will change our minds even if you have the fact right in our face.

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
That's true, but I understand somewhere in one of the 12 battleground states, Ohio, I think, there is a guy named Luther, who still claims to be 'undecided.'

Hey Matgallis, posting that picture of GW is cruel and unusual punishment.