Bald Lobby for Kerry

bombscience

Reaction score
The Dude said:
Saddam was a known terrorist. He paid $25,000 to every Palestinian suicide bomber's family. The 9/11 commission found that although there was no evidence of direct links to 9/11, Saddam had extensive links to Al Queda. He was closely connected with Abu Nidal and provided him safe haven. He was also in bed with Hezbollah and Hamas. He murdered hundreds of thousands of civilians. Anyone here seen the pictures from Halabja?

Saddam, while a very evil dictator, had no links to 9/11. Saddam and Al Queda actually didn't LIKE each other. He was called an infidel by Osama Bin Laden. Saddam would NEVER hand over power or weapons to Al Queada because he was a DICTATOR. He didn't want to lose any power what so ever.

Also what gives you the impression that the other candidate cares nothing about national security other than right wing propoganda?

Has anyone seen the pictures from Iraq from last week???

Please site your references for your facts. I can site mine. Wait this is a hairloss board...

finasteride/Min/nizoral... word

:lol:

Petchsky

Reaction score
Bombscience wrote,
Please site your references for your facts. I can site mine. Wait this is a hairloss board...

LOL..... :uglylol: :laugh:

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Dude said:
flux said:
The GOP is moving this country backwards. Less freedom, less knowledge, less of everything except for tax breaks for the elite.

I love these comments. Not a single relevant fact or argument put forth. Just moronic, unsubstantiated blathering.
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were so ill informed that you needed me to cite actual examples so that you could understand me.

Patriot Act = Less Freedom

No Stem Cell Research = Less Knowledge

(come on, weren't those two obvious? and the next one is a-typical GOP)

AFL-CIO (federation of America’s unions) said:
House and Senate budget committees have begun consideration of their fiscal year 2004 budget resolutions, which mostly mirror Bush’s $726 billion tax restructuring plan and corporate dividend tax elimination, that include cuts in important working family programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, transportation and environmental protection

The Republican budgets would devastate working family programs, cutting Medicare, Medicaid, veterans’ benefits, student loans, school lunches, child care, food stamps, cash assistance for the elderly, disabled and poor and many other programs by as much as $470 billion over the next 10 years, according to a study by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.
= Less of everything but Tax breaks for the elite

0wn3d.

& Sadam was never a threat to the US.. never attacked us, never was going to. Never had any WMDs. And as Bombsci said, did not even get along with Al-Queda.

We are the greatest world power. It is a sad commentary on humanity when we attack other nations unprovoked.

If, somehow, it really is our calling to liberate the rest of the world, why did we start with a key player in Mid-eastern oil, and not one of the numerous countrys under much harsher regimes?

Bush's "National Security" policy is just smoke and mirrors. Before 9/11, Bush didn't pay any attention to Dick Clarke's warnings about an iminent attack. And you think he's more on the ball? Oh man. It amazes me that people actually believed the Republican's mud slinging on Clarke. If people actually paid attention to what went on during the 911 commision, Bush might have been impeached. He certainly deserved to be for his grosse negligence regarding terrorist threats.

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
But as far as this topic concerns all of us on this board, let's look at the big picture, hairwise... What we have right now is Dr. Gho - and some researchers who work for Bosley. So that makes 2 groups working on it. HairLossTalk.com, please tell me if there's more. At this rate, it could take 10 more years, if at all.

Now of course, stem cells researchers will have perhaps greater priorities than growing hairs from stem cells, but where will they quickly end up? Where the money is. The more people that are involved with research, the greater the chance of discovery, especially through serendipitous occurrences.

I would like to understand more about stem cells and their potential to grow unlimited amounts of hair that can then be implanted into the scalp.

Oh yeah, and Bush is a twit.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just a quick FYI, I think Dr. Bazan (along with Dr. Chrisitiani, if I have the name right?) is also doing similar research. And I thought I heard of a team at the University of Washington, but I'm not sure. Point is, there are others.

Maybe I'm just saying this because 10 years is just f*cking unacceptable! 5 I can deal with. =)

But you make a good point. Even though not all research would be focused on solving the hair loss problem, whatever is learned from stem cell research will probably help.

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
elguapo said:
Maybe I'm just saying this because 10 years is just f*cking unacceptable! 5 I can deal with. =)

I sh*t you not, about 10 YEARS AGO I went to Bosley's office in L.A. for a consultation. When we discussed the current state of the art, the guy in the white coat told me that they were still about 10 years away from cloning. Which means.... it should be happening RIGHT ABOUT NOW! :-x

The Gardener

Reaction score
Another vote here for John McCain.

We need a President who cares for the long term health of this nation more than making petty partisan stands or lining his cronies' pockets. And when I say 'cronies', I am talking about both Bush AND Kerry's cronies, Bush's cronies being big oil, and Kerry's cronies being the labor unions.

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Another vote here for John McCain.

Meanwhile, back here in the real world - we have 2 choices this November (well 3, if you count Ralph) but only 1 will immediately move to Federally fund Stem cell research.

I hope the people reading this will acknowledge this as a REAL, and positive, and potentially amazing field of research. This can create the ideal environment for science and discovery, and the CURE!

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree. If stem cell research was allowed to flourish, I would fully expect news items on sites like this saying something like "Latest Stem Cell Research Shows Promising Potential for Treating Hairloss" says some researcher knowledgable about said discovery and its possible implications for hair loss

Those of you who expect it within the next 10 years, don't you think this sort research would at least make it happen faster even if none of the studies aim to help hair loss at first?

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I know it sucks to be losing hair as everyone on here does, but personally I would not vote soley on 1 issue, this being stem cells. To me there are so many other issues other than this. Not to mention we are not the only country in this world who has science and can invent/solve things. Tynan, you guys have science over there across the friendly Atlantic?

Deaner

Reaction score
Oh geez, boohoo, he's not a patriot. You're way too righteous for me.

Vampa

Reaction score
A) First of all, there was a bit of sarcasm to that statement. I was going to write that I'd rather vote for Hitler than Kerry, but I thought that was too extreme, even for a joke.

B) You guys are blowing this whole stem cell research thing out of proportion. Under the Bush administration, there will be no future grants for any new stem cells. Any research that was going on before or scheduled to go into effect before the ban still gets funded. Even though that there's the ban on it, we still haven't stopped funding it because all of the grants doled out before the ban haven't ran out.

Furthermore, private business is still free to do whatever it wants with stem cells at their own expense, short of cloning a human.

I support the ban in full because our government has no business funding projects like these. I want perfect hairline with thick hair just as much as you guys do, but I would never vote for a candidate simply because he supports a certain kind of research that may or may not provide a solution to a cosmetic problem.

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
I vote that all topics like this get moved to the "off topic" area of this site, and I am sure others will second that motion.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
flux said:
The Dude said:
flux said:
The GOP is moving this country backwards. Less freedom, less knowledge, less of everything except for tax breaks for the elite.

I love these comments. Not a single relevant fact or argument put forth. Just moronic, unsubstantiated blathering.
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were so ill informed that you needed me to cite actual examples so that you could understand me.

Patriot Act = Less Freedom

No Stem Cell Research = Less Knowledge
And you think by the GOVERMENT Funding a stem cell research is more freedom? Democrates want MORE intervention (laws, rules mostly with business) The more government, the less freedom you have. You're blind if you don't see that.

Personally I don't feel "free" in this state (california) So many laws on everything it's out of control. blah i'm rambling sorry.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
On a president note, i'd vote for arnold over kerry + bush. Hopefully that law passes :)

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Odelay said:
I vote that all topics like this get moved to the "off topic" area of this site, and I am sure others will second that motion.

I second that motion....HairLossTalk.com can you please move this to an off topic area.

Over and OUT!
Tony Montana