Bald Lobby for Kerry

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
As you look back in history, as recently as the mid-80's...when Reagan did what he had to do...the Euro-trash felt the same way. IN '84 they polled the French about American policy...25% agreed. Last month they polled the same Frogs...25% agreed. These idiots cannot handle a strong America. Envy, pride, and appeasement is what these morons have ALWAYS been about.

Why should we care? But, feel free, pander to Europe. Worry, wring your hands over how they feel about us...toss and turn every night...break out in cold sweats...'how are the Brits & smelly French feeling about what we've done today?!?!? Oh, how CAN WE PLEASE THEM?'

When you refer to other people as smelly, frogs and euro-trash you can't expect to win any friends. I guess he doesn't want any. You wouldn't get such a low level of debate from a 15 year old. Any moron can come up with this dribble, after a while you can't get anything serious done because the argument has been down graded to (you c***, no you're a c***, no you're a c***).
Is he seriously delusional or what, I think most rational people would agree that no country operates in isolation any more. This man sounds like a fascist to me, he has similar veiws to one, f*** him in the ear

P.S The only thing that will sort him out is a good left and a right.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's another reply from Pat Gray which he sent me just a while ago. It's in response to what Tynan said:

"Wow, stingy, biting, witty. Racism on the French? Tell your genius Brit friend, it's not an issue of race, it's one of nationality. And maybe you could share with him, the animosity began with ingratitude. 90,000 dead Americans buried on their soil, and we get nothing but spit on by them. Where's he been? What do they think, all Americans are apologists for us looking out for OUR national interest, like you?"

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually to be more accurate MVPsoft they are in favor on some sort of civil union for gays, probably because Cheney's daughter is gay, they are just not in favor the traditional marriage. You seem to act like you know what you are talking about, but did you even watch any of the debates? Secondly while there were many conservatives who did not want to pass the equal rights amedment, there were also very important women who did not want to amedment to pass just as much as the conservatives you speak about.

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Well Midnight, part of the film you linked, stated about how haliburon got that job without a bid contract, while I agree they probably overcharged, but they did pay back. The reason they got the no bid contract is because no other company could have comprehensively done the job that haliburon had to do, basically no other company could have done the job they were the only ones who were able and equiped to do the job. If you need my source it was from a non-partisan fact based organization that had been dechiphering fact from fiction after the debates.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
21gone said:
Actually to be more accurate MVPsoft they are in favor on some sort of civil union for gays, probably because Cheney's daughter is gay, they are just not in favor the traditional marriage. You seem to act like you know what you are talking about, but did you even watch any of the debates? Secondly while there were many conservatives who did not want to pass the equal rights amedment, there were also very important women who did not want to amedment to pass just as much as the conservatives you speak about.
This is incorrect. While Cheney wants to leave the matter to individual states, Bush's position is in favor of a constitutional amendment which would prohibit recognition of not only using the word marriage to describe a civil union between persons of the same gender, but it would also prohibit recognition of civil unions themselves. This has the effect of eliminating many civil rights we married people take for granted, such as inheritance rights, health care, filing joint tax returns, etc.

This exact issue is on the Michigan ballot this year. Here is the wording:
"The union of one man and one woman in marriage shall be the only agreement recognized as a marriage or similar union for any purpose."

So your claim that this is only about the word marriage is simply false. BTW, a recent poll showed that 81% of MI Republicans favor this amendment, which would deny civil rights to an entire portion of the population.

Perhaps before you start accusing others of not knowing what they are talking about, you should become informed yourself. That would prevent you from embarrassing yourself like you did here.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Here's another reply from Pat Gray which he sent me just a while ago. It's in response to what Tynan said:

"Wow, stingy, biting, witty. Racism on the French? Tell your genius Brit friend, it's not an issue of race, it's one of nationality. And maybe you could share with him, the animosity began with ingratitude. 90,000 dead Americans buried on their soil, and we get nothing but spit on by them. Where's he been? What do they think, all Americans are apologists for us looking out for OUR national interest, like you?"

If this animosity did indeed arise from a perceived ingratitude of the French towards America's role in liberating their Nation then it is a sadly misplaced notion. This would be apparent to anyone who knows the French people, but should also be obvious from the deference shown to, and the care taken of, the cemeteries and memorials to those who sacrificed so much - irrespective of their Nationality - in the war. The positive response of the French public to last summer's symbolic laying of a red rose, on each of the more than 60,000 graves of American soldiers, is evidence of this enduring gratitude.

France was not, however, liberated by the Allied forces on the understanding that subsequent French Governments would obsequiously follow US foreign policy; French freedom must mean just that.

Slarti

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Good post, Slarti!

BTW, I also emailed Tynan's amusing commentary on the British attitude toward George W. Bush to my sister, and here is her reply (she should know what she's talking about because she's a former US Ambassador, and has lived and spent time in a number of European countries over many years):

"Bryanie, your English friend's views are virtually identical to those held
by virtually every country in the world (Poland is an exception....Bush is
popular there). It makes me so sad to think what Bush has done to my
country's standing in the world. He's eroded all the good will built up at
great cost over many years....."

Bryan

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Bush, who has cast himself as a "compassionate conservative," left the door open for civil unions as an alternative to same-sex marriages.

That was a quote from a new source mvpsoft. While he did say he believed that homosexuals should not be persecuted under the law he said that he does not wish to recognize marriage, but civil unions. I also find it interesting that you only comment reply to this issue, nothing to say about the equal rights or anything? Watch the re-runs of the debate, and you can clearly see he said that he is not against some sort of civil union. And you call me out on looking foolish?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Thanks, Bryanie!

Responding calmly to the sort of un-informed drivel that people of Pat Gray's ilk produce can actually be quite cathartic, even if the temptation is to let loose a torrent of abuse.

Good e-mail from your sister, but should we pay more heed to the opinion of a former US Ambassador, who's lived and worked in Europe, or to a Houston based Disc Jockey who, quite possibly, would have trouble pointing to France on a map? Now that's a tough one.

As for America's standing in the World; I'd like to think that even its critics have the intellect to separate America and its people (excluding Pat Gray) from the current Administration.

Slarti

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
21gone said:
Bush, who has cast himself as a "compassionate conservative," left the door open for civil unions as an alternative to same-sex marriages.

That was a quote from a new source mvpsoft. While he did say he believed that homosexuals should not be persecuted under the law he said that he does not wish to recognize marriage, but civil unions. I also find it interesting that you only comment reply to this issue, nothing to say about the equal rights or anything? Watch the re-runs of the debate, and you can clearly see he said that he is not against some sort of civil union. And you call me out on looking foolish?
From georgebush.com
President Bush believes that marriage between a man and a woman is the most enduring human institution, and the foundational building block of our society. President Bush has fought to defend traditional marriage laws from activist judges who threaten to legislate from the bench to impose same-sex marriage and deny the voice of the people.

In his second term, President Bush will:

Protect the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) - Vigorously defend the constitutionality of DOMA, which was passed by overwhelming bipartisan majorities in Congress in 1996.
Pursue a Federal Marriage Amendment - Continue to urge Congress to send to the states for ratification an Amendment to the Constitution to define and protect the institution of marriage in the United States.
I think this is quite clear. The amendment is not simply defining the word marriage, it is excluding gays and lesbians from the civil benefits of marriage. The MI amendment, which I quoted in a separate post, is supported by the MI GOP and by Bush. I don't know how much clearer he can be that he is for a constitutional amendment that will restrict the civil benefits of marriage to opposite sex unions.

Bismarck

Reaction score
hmm I miss a Gardener-post.
A funny (neutral) video can be found here (click on the "This Land" banner on the right.

bis

G

Slartibartfast said:
As for America's standing in the World; I'd like to think that even its critics have the intellect to separate America and its people (excluding Pat Gray) from the current Administration.

Yep, well said! the folks upstairs to me are American and not once have I caught them in my garden, armed, looking for WMD/Oil.

misterium

Reaction score
George W. Bush is the crowning glory for all Pigfucking Moronic Inbred Losers.

They all love him !

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the media owns us all