Att. Bryan: Another happy Proxiphen user: ME

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dr. Proctor claims to have found a way to stabilize minoxidil and spironolactone in the same container. At one point in the old days of alt.baldspot, he was even talking about possibly taking out a patent on it.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
I send another mail to Dr.Proctor

> Dear Dr Proctor
>
> I'm really happy about that your cream don't contain PG, btw i have oily scalp and everytime when i use one topical trement got inflammation. Does your cream contain etyl alcohol or any other igreadient that can worse my scalp condition.

We use a prepared vehicle. But I do not recall any such agent being in it.

Dr Proctor

btw. Any Proxiphen cream user that have oily scalp problems, share your experience

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Dr. Proctor claims to have found a way to stabilize minoxidil and spironolactone in the same container. At one point in the old days of alt.baldspot, he was even talking about possibly taking out a patent on it.

This isn't true. I've used prescription Proxiphen for a while and I still got that nasty smell that spironolactone and minoxidil gave me.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
bcapop said:
And again, ignored...

What do you expect any of us to say? Again I'll say that I've never detected a "spironolactone/minoxidil" odor in Proxiphen, and I don't recall anybody else (besides you) complaining about that, either.

Maybe what you THINK is a spironolactone/minoxidil odor in Proxiphen is actually something else.

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
bcapop said:
And again, ignored...

What do you expect any of us to say? Again I'll say that I've never detected a "spironolactone/minoxidil" odor in Proxiphen, and I don't recall anybody else (besides you) complaining about that, either.

Maybe what you THINK is a spironolactone/minoxidil odor in Proxiphen is actually something else.

1 negative thing about Proxiphen and nobody cares, but if I had said that Proxiphen has regained all my hair, then everybody would ask me questions. I'm not lying and I know for sure that it's not stable since it produces that awfull smell that I got when applying spironolactone and Minoxidil from Dr. Lee. But I guess nobody wants to hear from a newbie that Dr. Proctor lies :whistle: .

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
bcapop said:
1 negative thing about Proxiphen and nobody cares, but if I had said that Proxiphen has regained all my hair, then everybody would ask me questions. I'm not lying and I know for sure that it's not stable since it produces that awfull smell that I got when applying spironolactone and Minoxidil from Dr. Lee. But I guess nobody wants to hear from a newbie that Dr. Proctor lies :whistle: .

I have read several posts in HairLossTalk.com asking if anyone has had good results using Proxiphen. That is why I open this thread, to share my good experience. And to say thanks to Bryan, because his posts were the reason I bought Proxiphen. Also, to give to other users some tips on the application of the product that I found useful.

If you want to talk about Dr Proctor "lies", open a new thread. You might have more success. If you are sure that he is lying, go to court and sue him. If you get a compensation, you can invest that money on buying more Proxiphen or other topicals. :mrgreen:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
bcapop said:
I don't want to sue him. I'm just saying that he lies about his product.

Then why are you the only one I can recall ever complaining about an alleged spironolactone/minoxidil smell in Proxiphen?

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
bcapop said:
I don't want to sue him. I'm just saying that he lies about his product.

Then why are you the only one I can recall ever complaining about an alleged spironolactone/minoxidil smell in Proxiphen?

Because nobody uses Proxiphen? :jump:

I'm not lying, nor complaining. I'm just stating my (clear) experience. Dr. Lee said once that they aren't stable when used together. Guess he is right. Is it so hard to believe?

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Proxiphen have some proven ingredients that can help, but it normal like every product some user to have results some not. Rogaine is example there are users that are happy and some that are disappointment. The reason that i want to give a try to the cream is that there is no alcohol or pg in it which can be nice for users with oily scalp like me

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacobo, you mentioned that you are also taking dutas 3x a week....how do you know its the proxiphen doing most of the work?

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
goata007 said:
Jacobo, you mentioned that you are also taking dutas 3x a week....how do you know its the proxiphen doing most of the work?

I replied this question before, and for sure I will never now which product is doing most of the work, but... I used Finasteride several years with no regrowth. I cannot believe that an extra % of 5ar inhibition can fill up my hairline, or regrow hair in areas without it for years. I will never now, as I said, because I am not going to make any experiment.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jacobo, I have been using Propecia and minoxidil for almost 2 years. After I added Proxiphen, I am starting to see new hairs in the hairline that I had never seen as fast as when I was not using Proxiphen.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
I think proxiphen right after shower towel dried and keeping your hair real short(for better absorption) spread all over male pattern baldness area plus dutasteride .5mg, plus nizoral every other day left on scalp for 10 minutes is the strongest regimen out there right now, should halt hairloss if not regain on almost anyone.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
I planing to start my regime soon Proxiphen & Nano will be my first weapon in this hair loss battle . I'm still thinking putting Foam and Tricomin also but maybe because of the alcohol i will do that latter first i want to put my oily scalp in control. Will give a try to Dr.Proctor fair 3 months if i don't see any improvment latter i will add more things.

btw. Does the copper peptides in proxiphen/nano are same like the ones in tricomin?

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
Kento, 3 months is too short trial, IMHO. I would wait 9 months, then you can be sure about the results you get.

About the copper peptides, I think they are different. Tricomin have their stuff patented. I don't know that if you use proxiphen and nano you will get much more improvement from adding tricomin. But it won't harm

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
I know but really if there is no possitive sign in 3 months i guess it's not for me, i don't expect wonders to happen in that short period. Btw one think i'm worried in my regime the fact that i have oily scalp and yes nizoral can't help me here tryed before. Because i'm new in this battle i plan to try several topicals for example put proxiphen in one area, foam on another and see which one works better for me.

I like to put Tricomin because i read that can give you healty scalp don't expect to do wonder regrow but i'm afraid little bit because have alcohol in it. Can somebody give me tips about oily scalp and alcohol based products, how save is or is there any prevention from drying the scalp, maybe jojoba oil but putting oil on oily scalp. I'm little confused

Reaction score
I'm using Prox-N and Dr. Lee's 5% spironolactone at the moment, but thinking of making a switch to Proxipnen, because it'll be easier to apply.
Does anyone know the concentration of spironolactone and minoxidil in Proxiphen?
I don't know why, but I have the feeling that mixing all sorts of active ingredients can decrease the effectiveness of each, compared to applying them separately (chemical reaction, and less concentration). But still, getting all those active ingredients in one application is very attractive!