Att. Bryan: Another happy Proxiphen user: ME

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
i also seen the before and after photos of a man claiming to have used nano.i dont trust a shampoo could do that.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacobo said:
Also, I guess the good doctor is in his fifties (he had articles published in the late seventies). My impression is that he, as most people older than 40 years old, tends to have a practical approach to internet, as something secondary for the business, just as a list price and distribution channel.

Oh, I'm sure Dr. Proctor is now well into his 60's.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Bryan, I hope you didn't take offense to my comments about Dr. Proctor's website.

I guess we just have a difference of opinion.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Toyboy said:
what do you guys think of hes nano shampoo? will it stimulate growth alone? seeing as proctor says a shampoo will stimulate growth makes me not trust him.

No, there's no reason why I couldn't believe that a shampoo with a minoxidil-like growth stimulant together with a SOD could grow some hair.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Don't know about his products, but his head is screwed on straight relative to the Second Amendment to the US Constitution.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Bryan, I hope you didn't take offense to my comments about Dr. Proctor's website.

I guess we just have a difference of opinion.

But you understood what I said about that, right?

He had already been asked about the strange words at the bottom of some of the pages of his Web site even during the old alt.baldspot days, and he explained that he put those in there deliberately as "spider bait"; in other words, they are there to attract to attract the attention of Web search engines, so that his site can get moved up higher on the list of results when people do searches based on words like "hairloss", "balding", "male pattern baldness", etc. Until I read his explanation of that years ago, I'd had no idea that the competition among Web site owners for attention by search engines was so intense! :)

You understand what I'm saying?

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan, can you give me a list of ingredients Prox-N contains please?

Does it contain spin trap c,ect?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jacobo, did you use minoxidil separately when you use Proxiphen or strictly Proxiphen because it contains minoxidil?

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Jacobo, did you use minoxidil separately when you use Proxiphen or strictly Proxiphen because it contains minoxidil?

I don't use extra minoxidil now. During the first months, I was using Proxiphen in the morning, and minoxidil at night. Then, I reduced the extra minoxidil to every other night, then to 2 per week, and after 4 or 5 months, no extra minoxidil. Proctor recommends to don't stop minoxidil suddenly.

That is what I did. I don't know what to recommend. If you don't mind an extra effort, use both. Minoxidil is dirt cheap.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
kento said:
I strongly doubt that there's any ethyl alcohol in the product. Not sure about propylene glycol. If you're sensitive to PG, you could probably call or email Dr. Proctor, and I'm sure he'd tell you if there's any PG in it. If you do that, let us know what he says about it!

I send him mail to drp@drproctor.com

> Dear Dr Proctor
>
> I wonder does your Proxiphen cream have propylene glycol in it?

No.

Dr Proctor

I guess from his answer and from your predict about the ethyl alcohol Proxiphen cream is wonderful product for people with oily scalp like me. I will send him another mail about this, i hope his answers are reliable

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
i dont understand how someone can be trusted who says a shampoo will regrow hair like proctors nano shampoo and that picture on hes website.

Reaction score
Toyboy said:
i dont understand how someone can be trusted who says a shampoo will regrow hair like proctors nano shampoo and that picture on hes website.

Why not?
Nizoral shampoo works very well reducing itching and dandruffs, it's also a mild anti-androgen. It's one of the BIg 3, but It's just a shampoo.
So, why can't you believe that NANO shampoo can do some good for your hair as well?
As Bryan explained before, topical treatments can be absorbed very well when your scalp is hydrated.
Your scalp can't be better hydrated than when you're washing your hair.

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
MPBthoroughbred said:
Toyboy said:

Why not?
Nizoral shampoo works very well reducing itching and dandruffs, it's also a mild anti-androgen. It's one of the BIg 3, but It's just a shampoo.
So, why can't you believe that NANO shampoo can do some good for your hair as well?
As Bryan explained before, topical treatments can be absorbed very well when your scalp is hydrated.
look at the photo on proctors website that he claims nano did.its pure bullshit,it looks like someone whos used minoxidil not a shampoo. :stupid:

Reaction score
Toyboy said:
MPBthoroughbred said:
Toyboy said:

Why not?
look at the photo on proctors website that he claims nano did.its pure bullshit,it looks like someone whos used minoxidil not a shampoo. :stupid:

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :smack:
Are you talking about this picture? http://www.drproctor.com/nano-hair-regrowth.htm
It looks realistic to me. However, I'm pretty sure he's using pictures of patients with the best results.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
stax said:
Bryan, can you give me a list of ingredients Prox-N contains please?

Since Dr. Proctor tends to tinker with his products and the ingredients change from time-to-time, I'll use the ingredients list on the bottle of Prox-N which CCS sent me recently, hoping that it's the most up-to-date. Here it is, verbatim:

"Ingredients: Allantoin, ascorbate, ascorbylpalmitate, arginine, BHT, 3-carboxypyridine-N-Oxide, CU/ZN-binding peptides (from CU/ZN sulfates), EDTA, propyleneglycol, superoxide dismutases, water."

stax said:
Does it contain spin trap c,ect?

You mean PBN and/or TEMPO/TEMPOL? That's a very good question, and I'm not sure of the answer to that. I saw some speculation sometime in the past that Dr. Proctor was at least thinking of adding something like PBN to Prox-N, but I don't know if he ever made a final decision on that. That would be another good thing to ask him about directly.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Toyboy said:

LOL!! I'm delighted to see that you're so amazed by those results, you can't believe they're real! :)

But like the other poster pointed out, that person is an excellent responder. Not everybody is going to do that well with NANO Shampoo alone.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the list Bryan.

I'll get i touch with Dr.Proctor and ask him about it.

Would be really cool if he could add them, if they are not already included.

What would be even cooler is if he could make Prox-N foam :)

Reaction score
Dr. Lee says;

''Do not combine medications containing spironolactone and minoxidil in the same container. The medications slowly react with each other, resulting in a compromise of their pharmacological activities. ''

???
Sorry if this has been discussed before.