Att. Bryan: Another happy Proxiphen user: ME

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Hi Bryan. This is a morbid question, but what happens when Dr Proctor dies? You say he's in his late sixties and he looks like he's a bit heavyset from pictures. What will happen to the people who have been relying on Proxiphen and his other products like Nano, or people who are just starting them today? Won't they be screwed?

Hey, JayMan! Welcome back!

He was asked about that on alt.baldspot a few years ago, and his response was that some kind of "provisions" have been made, in case of his retirement or his untimely demise. He didn't go into a lot of detail at the time, but it sounded like another doctor would make sure of another source for his products.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dr.Proctor, for your help.

So would using Prox-N and Nizoral shampoo be enough to stop hairloss and thicken existing hair?

I dont think i want to use Propecia or Avodart again either, as they make me feel like crap and i cant function properly.

Thanks!

G

Bryan said:
JayMan said:
Hi Bryan. This is a morbid question, but what happens when Dr Proctor dies? You say he's in his late sixties and he looks like he's a bit heavyset from pictures. What will happen to the people who have been relying on Proxiphen and his other products like Nano, or people who are just starting them today? Won't they be screwed?

Hey, JayMan! Welcome back!

He was asked about that on alt.baldspot a few years ago, and his response was that some kind of "provisions" have been made, in case of his retirement or his untimely demise. He didn't go into a lot of detail at the time, but it sounded like another doctor would make sure of another source for his products.

Hey Bryan! Thanks.

That sounds acceptable.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jacobo, I noticed you used Proxiphen and Proxiphen N together. Is it more effective to use the Proxiphen N in the am and Proxiphen cream in the pm or is Proxiphen enough to be used by itself. Bryan or Dr. Proctor can you build up a tolerance to these treatments like you can with minoxidil? And how long would it take if you do?

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Jacobo, I noticed you used Proxiphen and Proxiphen N together. Is it more effective to use the Proxiphen N in the am and Proxiphen cream in the pm or is Proxiphen enough to be used by itself. Bryan or Dr. Proctor can you build up a tolerance to these treatments like you can with minoxidil? And how long would it take if you do?

I do use both since October if I recall properly. Dr Proctor website states that after 8 to 12 months, Proxiphen eod is enough to maintain. I thought that it could be a good idea to add Prox-n for the off Proxiphen days. It is easy to apply: 10 drops, a bit of a rub, and you are done in a minute. Used like that, a bottle lasts more than 6 months. It won't break the bank. I don't know if it is helping, but it is not going to make any harm.

I might get Spin Trap C for the off Proxiphen days instead of Prox-n, or spray some Tricomin, the only hairloss product I found a real pleasure to use.

TBH, I am probably overdoing it. If Proctor says that after 8 to 12 months every other day is enough, it should be. If you want to be sure that you are doing the best you can, use it every day for the full year. It is just two extra vials than using it every day for 8 months. And then, you can shampoo with Nano the Proxiphen-off days.

Whatever you do, use always Proxiphen after washing your hair - to increase absortion.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jacobo, Spin Trap- C is a anti-wrinkle cream for the face, not the hair. The same ingredients that make up Spin Trap C is in Proxiphen except no vitamin C. Spin Trap- C is just vitamin C with TEMPOL and PBN. Did you know recently Proxiphen has been changed to a more gel like consistency and smell a little different. Dr Proctor says because he added more minoxidil and more TEMPOL to it.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse, I know that Spin Trap is for the skin, but it is also used as hair treatment. Proctor was greatly surprised with the feedback. Stax asked him, and he said "It will grow hair for sure". Old Baldy also was using it. But you are right, Proxiphen and Prox-n have Tempo and much more goodies, and is specific for hair. I will buy it, anyway, mother and wife want to check Proctor's stuff after my hair improvement. And is not cheap. My fault for telling them that Dr Proctor sells a wrinkle treatment :jackit:

Thanks for the info about "new" Proxiphen. I realised my last vial was much less a cream than the last before. More gel - yellowish. Usually they were thicker and brownish (or whiter than white when very fresh). I hope the smell is better now, I had a nasty chest infection and my nose is still blocked. Good to hear that still there is room for improvement. And I find it even easier to use. But it is also easier to use up too much!!!

Have you got repply from Proctor regarding your shedding? Are you recovering already?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yes, I got a reply. He just said basically its normal and that I am just showing signs of a good responder. I just will have to wait it out. In 3 more months I should really start to see more drastic results hopefully.

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
"Thanks for the info about "new" Proxiphen. I realised my last vial was much less a cream than the last before. More gel - yellowish. Usually they were thicker and brownish (or whiter than white when very fresh). "

Dr P sez: The color change is due to TEMPOL. We are also using a more gell-like formulation, a la the TEMPOL clinical trial for radiation-induced hair loss. See: http://www.mitospharma.com/research/pro ... opecia.cfm .

For the results of the phase I/II trials, see: http://astro2006.abstractsnet.com/pdfs/ ... t_2588.pdf

Peter H Proctor, PhD,MD

A

Administrator

Hello Dr. Proctor. Nice having you on our boards. :)

Now people wont keep accusing Bryan of being you!

Admin

reverie

Reaction score
I have just started using Prox-N again in the bottom back where I am not using Rogaine. I have not lost a ton of hair from the bottom back--YET--but I know it is starting because my scalp problems recently spread there. Can I use it to "prevent" (or halt) the loss I know is going to start, or have I done something really foolish? (like further irritated my follicles causing hair to fall out faster/sooner?) I shed buckets for 3 months on Rogaine foam, and I don't want the same on Prox-N.

Also, I read this thread and you are to apply it to your scalp when wet. How long after Prox-N can I apply Rogaine foam?

Is there an expiry date? Thanks.

Felk

Reaction score
Dr Proctor, why is it that you are constantly altering your formulations? Surely not all the tweaks end up being beneficial and if someone orders a lot from you at a certain time, their product might not be as effective?

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
Felk said:
Dr Proctor, why is it that you are constantly altering your formulations? Surely not all the tweaks end up being beneficial and if someone orders a lot from you at a certain time, their product might not be as effective?
We only make significant changes every now and then. The last big one, several months ago, was a Proxiphen vehicle change to try to take advantage of some technology around TEMPOL. Minor "tweeks" generally have to do with trying to get some favorite agents to stay in solution at as high a concentration as possible in the presence of everything else. This is more a "dark art" than a science and occasionally results in significant cosmetic changes from lot to lot, particularly with Proxiphen. These sometimes result in phone calls. The changes are just that, cosmetic. The alternative is not to give you as much medication.

Peter H Proctor, PhD,MD