Att. Bryan: Another happy Proxiphen user: ME

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacobo said:
bcapop said:
You shouldn't buy something that isn't proven AND says things like "It grows significantly more hair on more people than any other agent" without evidence AND costs a 100 dollars a month. That's what I call a big scam. He could easily lower the price to 50 a month, but I guess he don't care for balding people. Maybe he needs a new car or something.

Don't buy it. After 20 years in the business, I guess he doen't need your money for a new car.

I don't care about if he cares of he doesn't care about balding people. He makes a product that works for me, and several other customers. Just for this reason, I hope he drives an Aston Martin or similar.

That's pathetic. And you can't even say for certain that it was the Proxiphen that gave you the results. That's even more pathetic. Maybe you should just use plain old Minoxidil. It's proven to grow hair you know..

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
bcapop said:
That's pathetic. And you can't even say for certain that it was the Proxiphen that gave you the results. That's even more pathetic. Maybe you should just use plain old Minoxidil. It's proven to grow hair you know..
Easy, man. This is a good hearted thread I opened to share my success with Proxiphen. If that bothers you, sorry.

Jkkezh

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think Proxiphen is a scam, it is indeed very expensive but I really like the fact that it combines minoxidil/spironolactone/sodases/other stuff in one product which saves a lot of hassle, (I want a simple regimen). My only doubts about the product are about the dosage, possible chemical inbalance and $$$...

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacobo said:
bcapop said:
Easy, man. This is a good hearted thread I opened to share my success with Proxiphen. If that bothers you, sorry.

For the second time, you don't even know for certain that it was the Proxiphen that gave you succes.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
Jkkezh said:
I don't think Proxiphen is a scam, it is indeed very expensive but I really like the fact that it combines minoxidil/spironolactone/sodases/other stuff in one product which saves a lot of hassle, (I want a simple regimen). My only doubts about the product are about the dosage, possible chemical inbalance and $$$...

About the dosage, after a while you get used to spend as much -or as little- proxiphen as you want.

About the chemical imbalance... Dr Proctor is a PhD Pharmacologist, apart from a Physician.

If money is an issue... you will get better value using nano and prox-n lite from lef.org, generic minoxidil and homemade spironolactone. For me, this is a question of priorities. Using proxiphen every other day during 8 years costs roughly 3k more than the mix mentioned earlier. I would rather buy proxiphen than a 3k dearer car. For two reasons: Convenience (1 topical every other day instead of 3 or 4 per day) and also because I like to think that I am using the best available single treatment.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
bcapop said:
For the second time, you don't even know for certain that it was the Proxiphen that gave you succes.

Ok. You have convinced me. I will stop using Proxiphen tomorrow. Thanks for opening my eyes to the fact that I am wasting my money.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any difference if you put proxiphen day or night?
Difference betweek copper peptides in Phoxiphen and Tricomin?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Can we see any before and after pics?

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok today was my first experience with his NANO shampoo, and i must admint that i'm really impressed from this product. The bottle looks really ugly :) but was my best shampoo experience so far. Will report if have any real regrow benefits

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:

Read his original post if you want to find the answer to that question.

Ok today was my first experience with his NANO shampoo, and i must admint that i'm really impressed from this product. The bottle looks really ugly :) but was my best shampoo experience so far. Will report if have any real regrow benefits

I don't believe any shampoo will regrow hair. The best a shampoo can do for hair loss is thicken it up.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
RaginDemon said:

Read his original post if you want to find the answer to that question.

Good memory, ripple-effect.
When I started using Proxiphen I didn't expect as much improvement. That is the reason I didn't make any "before" photo. I do regret it now, BTW.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
kento said:

That surprises me. I use Nano because I think it helps, maybe just a little. But I don't like the way it lathers. Maybe you have a new formulation. Good

Felk

Reaction score
Hey lads, couldn't be bothered reading the whole twelve pages, but figured I'd chime in about my experience with proxiphen.

My opinion of Dr P's products in general are that they are of high quality and genuinely work, but are overpriced. That is, I think for many people they won't work (like all medications) and hence they shouldn't be as expensive as they are. If someone "trials" proxiphen and orders 3 months worth, and it does jack all, then they are going to be unhappy about losing 320 clams down the drain.

But for me, proxiphen, along with NANO and nizoral, does work. I've taken 5ar2 inhibitors before, but have weaned off them over 9 months or so.

12 months ago I was taking a dutasteride a week + proxiphen - my hair improved.
6 months ago I moved to finasteride* but could only take 1/4 of a pill every second or third day or so, due to gastrointestinal effects. For the last 3 months or so I've gradually gone off the finasteride completely.

*(i was afraid of brain fog, etc. due to dutasteride's effects in the brain)

My hair is still here. I think unless I start dutasteride again and hope for no effects on my brain, I will have negative effects on my hair soon. But at the moment, all is well, and that's much more than I can say for when I was losing it a year ago. It's pure laziness that I haven't reordered dutasteride for a trial - shows how little bearing hair loss has over my thoughts these days :)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Felk, did you ever get a large shed on Proxiphen?

Felk

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Felk, did you ever get a large shed on Proxiphen?

Nope champ, nothing major (I didn't notice anything really, I cut my hair shorter which may have helped)

G

Bryan said:
Jacobo said:
Also, I guess the good doctor is in his fifties (he had articles published in the late seventies). My impression is that he, as most people older than 40 years old, tends to have a practical approach to internet, as something secondary for the business, just as a list price and distribution channel.

Oh, I'm sure Dr. Proctor is now well into his 60's.

Hi Bryan. This is a morbid question, but what happens when Dr Proctor dies? You say he's in his late sixties and he looks like he's a bit heavyset from pictures. What will happen to the people who have been relying on Proxiphen and his other products like Nano, or people who are just starting them today? Won't they be screwed?

G

Jacobo said:
goata007 said:
Jacobo, you mentioned that you are also taking dutas 3x a week....how do you know its the proxiphen doing most of the work?

I replied this question before, and for sure I will never now which product is doing most of the work, but... I used Finasteride several years with no regrowth. I cannot believe that an extra % of 5ar inhibition can fill up my hairline, or regrow hair in areas without it for years. I will never now, as I said, because I am not going to make any experiment.

I don't think you can say this for sure. I think that the dutasteride was responsible for a larger % of the regrowth than you think. I've seen great regrowth on dutasteride alone for 16 months. Not bashing Proxiphen, just pointing out that for some people dutasteride may give far superior results to finasteride. Granted I take dutasteride 0.5 mg EVERY DAY and not 3x a week, but still.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
Jayman, it could be that ALL my regrowth is due to Dutas. I will never know. Since I turned 30, I was taking half proscar a day. So I assume that from 2.5mg finasteride/day to 3 dutas per week is not going to make a lot of difference. Especially after so many years in internals. But then, I might be biased, trying to justify myself the extra money spent in Proxiphen. But I will not withdraw Proxiphen just to check. But I am thinking in switching to Proscar again, from next year, just to check for a year. That is how sure I feel about who is doing most of it.

About your question to Bryan, I thought the same when Bryan "disclosed" dr Proctor's age. Not just that: Imagine that he decides to retire tomorrow... I suppose he has decided a plan B - to license his product to another company or something. At the end, using Proxiphen is a question of "believe without seeing".

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Jacobo, Proxiphen has to be very powerful for some people because I have never had any major sheds on Propecia or the foam until now when I am using Proxiphen so I think it is possible for your results to have been influenced by Proxiphen.

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
stax said:
Thanks Dr.Proctor, im glad to hear that Spin Traps are included in Prox-N!
I cant use Minoxidil, so i want to use the next best, or best non Minoxidil hair growth stimulator there is.
I ordered some Prox-N last week. Thanks!

Dr Proctor Sez: In addition to the spin trap PBN, we also add spin-labels to our products, specifically TEMPO/TEMPOL. These are powerful SOD-mimetics.

TEMPOL (to which I have patent claims) is now entering Phase-3 trials for radiation alopecia, for which there is no alternative treatment. See: http://astro2006.abstractsnet.com/pdfs/ ... t_2588.pdf for an abstract.