Att. Bryan: Another happy Proxiphen user: ME

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
I probably should post this in success stories, but then I am afraid Bryan won't read it. And also I should have posted my story months ago... but I didn't, then, here I go. Please skip until "January 2006 - the success" if you find tedious the rest, but I thought somebody could be interested in my treatments before that.

I am 35 y/o now, losing hair since I was 18 ish. (slowly) Treatment used: from 18 to 22 ish, shampoo for greasy hair, plus some snake oils. Hair thinning sloooowly, but noticeable (I have dark hair and fair skin, the worst combo for thining). From 22, minoxidil made in local chemist in Spain (2% 2 years, and then 5%) once a day, sometimes twice. Regrowth the first year at 2%, same when I upgrade to 5%). Then, slow recession, and I think I was 26 when I started Proscar quartered + fungarest shampoo (ketoc 2%). I halted my hairloss for 5 years, roughly. No regrowth.

From 32 until a year ago, again slow recession. Every year a little worst, approaching to NW3 probably, and very thin hair. I just cut my hair pretty short and used thickening shampoos (cheapos mostly). I was going to give up the lot, and then somebody made me a comment about switching to Dutasteride. Lurking in internet, I found HairLossTalk.com. I thought I should give my hair another try ( I am not interested in hair transplant) with topicals. After reading too many post, I have a "CCS moment", buying a hell of a lot of different staff, even considered to make my home topicals. So far, I bought spectral, tricomin, GT extract... I used them mostly on random bases. Then I did realize that I was not going to stick to such a complicated regimen, and I went for what I thought it was the best, trusting Bryan's opinion : Dr Proctor's stuff.

January 2006: The success.

From there on, I have used: Nizoral shampoo 3 x week, Nano the rest. And Proxiphen cream every day, until last month, from then, Proxiphen eod and Prox-n eod. Also I finished up some bottles of revita and tricomin, but not in a consistent way
And as internal, generic dutasteride (in house first and united now due to customs problems), 3 x week.
I apply proxiphen "properly" in my crown and hairline, and then a bit using Bryan system (parting hair in 4 lines). I have used 5 vials the first 9 months (and a bottle 60ml proxiphen liquid, courtesy of Dr Proctor), I reckon from now I will use 1 vial every 3 months (eod), and I haven't yet finish Prox-n, I guess it will last a long time. Due to the current exchange of the dollar, I find the treatment not that expensive.

When I go out, any family or social meeting, I use Aveda pure abundace shampoo (thanks Cassin), amazing stuff.

The results: I didn't post earlier, I wanted to give proxiphen a fair trial before. The first months (3 or 4) my scalp felt better, and my hair thicker. From the 6th month, regrowth. My crown is now covered, you can see scalp just under bright light or when my hair is wet (which is normal). My hairline has filled gradually. It hasn't gone "forward" a lot, but becase is filled with hair, I think I am now in a NW2 or 2.5. I like it like that, at my age looks perfect and natural. And just all those changes together (thicker hair-filled and tiny advance on the hairline) make a huge difference in my image. It is amazing how small improvements in the hairline change the "frame" of the face and the balance of the features (It sounds a lot of boll**ks here, but I cannot explain it better).

I suppose Dutasteride has played a part here. But due to my experience with Proscar (good for maintenance, but not noticeable regrowth), I do believe that this improvement comes from Proxiphen. In short, I have the same hairline as when I was 23, but my hair is much stronger.

Thanks, Bryan, without all your posts, I would not buy Proxiphen

P.S. I won't post any photos. If anyone thinks that I am Proctor's sales rep or similar, I could not care less.

Goingat20

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I just ordered proxiphen also, im hoping it will last me 3 months, i have long curly hair so im worried about applying it. Due you think it is best to apply it on a wet scalp after the shower so the hair can part easier?

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
.Due you think it is best to apply it on a wet scalp after the shower so the hair can part easier?

Yes. It is easier. Also, that is the way Dr Proctor recommends - to increase the absortion. With the vial, you will get a leaflet with some directions to use. Follow them, Proctor knows better. Do not waste it in your hair, it is too expensive for that. In a couple of weeks you will have mastered the technique, and you will be able to use as much - or as little - as you like.

I think that one vial every three months should be enough for me just now, for maintenance. It could be enough for you if you are planning to use just for your hairline. But if you want to use it all over, I think that is not enough cream to spread in a vial every day for 3 months. I couldn't make them last more than 6 weeks...

RaginDemon

Reaction score
what does Proxiphen do?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your success, Jacobo!

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll have to throw in as well. I've been using the Prox-n for 3-4 months now, and it seems to be working as well. Now, granted, I have a good head of hair- it was starting to thin diffusely, but I didn't want to wait and see what happened, either. Anyway, I've been using Prox-N (every day), Nano (6 days), Ginger shampoo (3 days), T-Gel recently(2-3 days), and the Tea Tree Shampoo(Every day in the evenings that I work out). I can't handle the sides of Rogaine. NOW, if I could handle the sides, i would use the Rogaine Foam in a heart beat, as it is easy to get, so don't just rush out and buy some prox-n, unless you really have to. Also, this could all be hair growing back from my massive shed on Revita, as well, but it looks thicker than it has in a few years, so who knows? If you are going to use it, give it at least a year- i keep reading about guys trying this orthat for 2-3 months, then dropping it. That's like trying to get rid of a huge gut in a couple of months- "oh, I haven't lost 4 inches!? This exercise thing isn't working! Better get my stomach stapled!!!"

Goingat20

Reaction score
If i use it on the hairline will it spread across other areas of my head? Im a diffuse thinner so maybe this will work?

Goingat20

Reaction score
Also can i use spironolactone cream after i use proxiphen to get the rest of my scalp?
Cheers

Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
If i use it on the hairline will it spread across other areas of my head? Im a diffuse thinner so maybe this will work?

It won't really spread across other areas. It might be a little bit more easier if you have very short hair, but not with long hair. It is recommended to use 8-10 drops for Prox-N, but if you want to apply it all over your scalp, you probably need 15-20 drops. I'm not sure about Proxiphen because I've never used it. I'm really finding it difficut to apply Prox-N on my crown.

Goingat20 said:
Also can i use spironolactone cream after i use proxiphen to get the rest of my scalp?
Cheers

Yes, you can apply spironolactone after Prox-N dries.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
Going at 20, Proxiphen is a cream. It will not run anywhere else apart from where applied. I apply it after washing my hair in the morning. I don't use anything else, but if I would, it will be at bedtime.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score

Proxiphen contains : tretinoine, minoxidil, phenitoine, spironolactone, vared types of SOD, NANO, arginine, allantoine, NAC and other. It contains more than 5% minoxidil (5.5% says Dr. Proctor). Very interesting are the sod products of Dr. Proctor, some patented.

Where can i get the full list, does this product contain PPG or alcohol?

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
kento said:

Proxiphen contains : tretinoine, minoxidil, phenitoine, spironolactone, vared types of SOD, NANO, arginine, allantoine, NAC and other. It contains more than 5% minoxidil (5.5% says Dr. Proctor). Very interesting are the sod products of Dr. Proctor, some patented.

Where can i get the full list, does this product contain PPG or alcohol?

Does it really contain N-acteyl-cysteine?

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe I shouldn't have posted, as i use the Prox-N, not Proxiphen. I don't even understand why anyone would doubt Proxiphen in the first place- it's got Minoxidil it, right? I am mean, that's got a 50-50 shoot of working, period.

Goingat20

Reaction score
apparantly it spreads out, i have started to use it now. If Bryan can confirm this that would be great...

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
The instruction sheet says, "Apply ... to the barest areas. The medication does not need to be applied everywhere. Work it into the hairline."

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Can you please explain again what you mean by applying it the Bryan way. 4 lines of part? I have a middle part that is diffusely thin straight down the middle. Should I apply it from the front to the crown straight on the middle part? Second, did you notice some shedding or thinning more during the first month you used the Proxiphen? Do you think you need to use Proxiphen N if you use Proxiphen already? Bryan if you are reading this you can explain it too.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Glad to see Proxiphen works.

Dr. Proctor's website is incredibly shady-looking. :) I don't think I could personally trust it. :nono:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
If you actually talk to Dr Proctor or his wife, they are definitely not shady people. They are very honest and caring people. Don't judge people by their website.

e reed

Established Member
Reaction score
Does proxiphen cause a shed? Does it have a smell? Also, are we talking about the prescription solution or the other with out minoxidil and spironolactone? Big price difference between the two.