Att. Bryan: Another happy Proxiphen user: ME

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Dr. Proctor's website is incredibly shady-looking. :) I don't think I could personally trust it. :nono:

Wow...you can infer all that just from the appearance of a WEBSITE??? You must have incredible powers of perception that border on ESP! :)

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Can you please explain again what you mean by applying it the Bryan way. 4 lines of part? I have a middle part that is diffusely thin straight down the middle. Should I apply it from the front to the crown straight on the middle part? Second, did you notice some shedding or thinning more during the first month you used the Proxiphen? Do you think you need to use Proxiphen N if you use Proxiphen already? Bryan if you are reading this you can explain it too.

1.This is what I do: After washing my hair, I quickly dry it with a towel - until it stops dripping (15 seconds??) - Then, I touch with my middle finger the vial, , and apply to my hairline spreading a thin "film" of the cream (2-3 times times taking cream from the vial should do it). Then I divide the top of my hair (from hairline to crown) in lines with a haircomb, and I apply a touch of the vial on them. I need to cover an area who is, let's say 8 cms wide. Then I draw the lines at the end of the 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th cm from left to right. One or 2 "touches" of the vial should cover each line nicely. You might have to adapt your application to your hair loss pattern. But always do it with a damp scalp, and apply more to the barest areas. And don't worry to much, it will work even where you don't apply it. And, because you are not going to apply it exactly in the same place every day, all areas will be covered. Just check after a couple of weeks how much you have used, and then you can easily adapt the amount of cream to the money you want to spend.

It is difficult to explain in words for me (english is not my language), but really easy to do (3 or 4 minutes). Follow the instructions. Any question, email Dr Proctor. He will reply quickly and shortly. Do what he says.. Proxiphen is a "question of faith", isn't it

2. No shedding at all.

3. I use nano shampoo and proxiphen. Now, as maintenance, I use proxiphen every other day. I suppose it is enough, because Proctor thinks so. But Prox-n is really easy to use. 10 drops on the off proxiphen days won't make any harm, and won't break the bank.

If you go for it, my only advice is to keep the treatment for 8 months. And don't waste it in your hair. In 10 days you will have mastered the technique.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Glad to see Proxiphen works.

Dr. Proctor's website is incredibly shady-looking. :) I don't think I could personally trust it. :nono:

A nice website won't make your hair grow. It is the product...

I love his website. Every day more.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacobo said:
Aplunk1 said:
Glad to see Proxiphen works.

A nice website won't make your hair grow. It is the product...

I love his website. Every day more.

Can u write the full ingredients list on that cream? Or if it 'secrect' does contain PPG or Etyl Alcohol?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
kento said:
Can u write the full ingredients list on that cream? Or if it 'secrect' does contain PPG or Etyl Alcohol?

The exact ingredients of Proxiphen are one of Dr. Proctor's closely-guarded State Secrets! He could tell you, but then he'd have to kill you! :)

The only things that we know pretty much for sure are in prescription Proxiphen (the cream version, at least; not quite so sure about the liquid version of prescription Proxiphen) include the following:

minoxidil
phenytoin
spironolactone
Retin-A (at least trace amounts of it, anyway)

NANO
PBN (probably, anyway)
TEMPO/TEMPOL (probably, anyway)
and possibly various other SODs which have never been fully identified

I strongly doubt that there's any ethyl alcohol in the product. Not sure about propylene glycol. If you're sensitive to PG, you could probably call or email Dr. Proctor, and I'm sure he'd tell you if there's any PG in it. If you do that, let us know what he says about it!

JWM

Reaction score
And as internal, generic dutasteride (in house first and united now due to customs problems), 3 x week

I like Dr. P and I like his products, but we CANNOT say your success is due solely to Proxiphen when you simultaneously started Dutasteride along side of it! :dunno:

Goingat20

Reaction score
What do you guys think would be more effective

1) dutasteride x 3 a week, minoxidil and spironolactone

or

2) finasteride daily and proxiphen

? i know its close but over all which would you recomment

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't compare, but my son is using finasteride and Proxiphen daily (with nizoral). He has used them for a little over a year and has had at least maintenance. I originally asked on this forum whether finasteride and Proxiphen complimented each other and Bryan replied they were a good combination. Living in the UK we send for a large order and keep the spare phials in the fridge - plus, Dr Proctor's company have been very generous with 'extras'. Both my sons are on this regime - one is 20 (just started) and the other 22.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
And as internal, generic dutasteride (in house first and united now due to customs problems), 3 x week

I like Dr. P and I like his products, but we CANNOT say your success is due solely to Proxiphen when you simultaneously started Dutasteride along side of it! :dunno:

Of course not. And I will never know for sure. But my guess is that this improvement is not possible from dutasteride alone (It could be possible for someone else, of course, but I have been on finasteride for more than 7 years, without cosmetic improvement...). Anyway, I am not going to drop Proxiphen for a year to check if Dutas alone can keep 60% or 30% of my regrown hair, for obvious reasons.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Haha, listen to you guys.

I was NOT judging Dr. Proctor based on his website-- I was judging his BUSINESS on his website. You have to admit, it DOES appear shady-looking, and those pictures aren't of the same quality as the ones on the Propecia website, which use the correct instruments in taking those pictures.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
What do you guys think would be more effective

1) dutasteride x 3 a week, minoxidil and spironolactone

or

2) finasteride daily and proxiphen

? i know its close but over all which would you recomment

I'd probably have to vote for the finasteride + Proxiphen. I think the SODs in the Proxiphen (especially the "turbocharged" ones like PBN and TEMPO/TEMPOL) are probably a more significant factor than simply adding some extra external Rogaine (like with the dutasteride + minoxidil option).

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Haha, listen to you guys.

I was NOT judging Dr. Proctor based on his website-- I was judging his BUSINESS on his website.

What's the difference?

Aplunk1 said:
You have to admit, it DOES appear shady-looking

It does? How so?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Bryan, do you get the hook-up from Dr. Proctor?

Besides the shittiness of its design, and its pictures (which do NOT use standard trichology equipment), here is a quote from the bottom of the page:

Questions and Answers on hair loss treatment

More hair-loss Questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( also replacement and restoration products with hair loss ) treatment is now possible. So is hari loss treatment. Hair Baldness is also treatable. replacement and hair loss treatment organic semiconductors nitrone loss because it is not intended to make sense. organic metals conductive polymers hair loss.

Hair loss
( also replacement hair with regrowth ) is now possible. Medical treatment of is the same for hair loss balding men hair loss treatments regrowth product. The treatment of alopecia areata baldness hari as well as for hair loss due to alopecia areata. So are hair loss treatment and hair loss treatments.

Spelling... Capitalization...

And look at all those spaces between the sentences!

WHO DOES THAT?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Bryan, do you get the hook-up from Dr. Proctor?

Excuse me?

Aplunk1 said:
Besides the shittiness of its design, and its pictures (which do NOT use standard trichology equipment)...

No, those are just Polaroid photos that he takes of his patients.

Aplunk1 said:
here is a quote from the bottom of the page:

Questions and Answers on hair loss treatment

More hair-loss Questions

( also replacement and restoration products with hair loss ) treatment is now possible. So is hari loss treatment. Hair Baldness is also treatable. replacement and hair loss treatment organic semiconductors nitrone loss because it is not intended to make sense. organic metals conductive polymers hair loss.

Hair loss
( also replacement hair with regrowth ) is now possible. Medical treatment of is the same for hair loss balding men hair loss treatments regrowth product. The treatment of alopecia areata baldness hari as well as for hair loss due to alopecia areata. So are hair loss treatment and hair loss treatments.

Spelling... Capitalization...

And look at all those spaces between the sentences!

WHO DOES THAT?

Didn't you see on one of the pages that you should IGNORE all that, because it's just "spider bait"?? That's already been discussed before on alt.baldspot. It's old news.

pratc

Established Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt buy anything from proctor.hes pricing is a joke.

It does look expensive at first sight, however most people find a phial lasts much longer than the 'recommended' time and sometimes there are freebies. We have been very pleased with the service.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
pratc said:
It does look expensive at first sight, however most people find a phial lasts much longer than the 'recommended' time and sometimes there are freebies. We have been very pleased with the service.

Also, the current exchange rate of the dollar makes it cheaper to buy Proxiphen from Europe. 100 dollars = 110 euros (2002), 70 euros (now). Same with the pound.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
I was NOT judging Dr. Proctor based on his website-- I was judging his BUSINESS on his website. You have to admit, it DOES appear shady-looking.

His site is not going to win any competition of modern design, I admit. But then, it works like an "inverted" marketing tool for me. I like to think that he prefers to spend his time and money...

...improving his products...
...improving his already quick and reliable service...
...giving away some freebies to loyal customers,

rather than sexing up his website.

I would prefer a better looking design, yes. But I will not judge his business on his website, but for his product. Also, I guess the good doctor is in his fifties (he had articles published in the late seventies). My impression is that he, as most people older than 40 years old, tends to have a practical approach to internet, as something secondary for the business, just as a list price and distribution channel.

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think of hes nano shampoo? will it stimulate growth alone? seeing as proctor says a shampoo will stimulate growth makes me not trust him.