April Fresh Ultra Downy - Potential Cure?

el_duterino

Reaction score
Hi guys, count me in. Just picked-up my 4.4 liters of Downy at Costco, this will be a refreshing addition to my various topicals.

Attachments

• downy.JPG
    downy.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,273

el_duterino

Reaction score
I work in Japan now, my PC is local. I am caucasian from Europe.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
el_duterino said:
Hi guys, count me in. Just picked-up my 4.4 liters of Downy at Costco, this will be a refreshing addition to my various topicals.

hahahahahaahahha Cool!!!! :punk:

I bought the Free & Sensitive version of Ultra Downy, the white cap.I use it everyday as a conditioner, no smell, no inflammation, no nothing, and also I added 2 ml of this stuff to my minoxidil.So far so good! Same ingredients without the hard core smell. For people starting using it, dry-up your scalp a little before the application of downy on your head so it stay there.. and make sure you don't have some in your eyes also...you don't really feel it at the moment but after the shower your eyes are just totally fucked up lol...Red and itchy.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Davidoff said:
I think its a joke and not serious.

Davidoff. I think you are a f*****g joke and nobody should take you seriously. :gay:

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Davidoff said:
Harie said:
Davidoff said:
snake oil.

lol. This "snake oil" has some science behind it, and it costs about $1 per month. If you can't afford $12 a year, I feel sorry for you. Even if it turns out to be pure BS, we'll have only spent a few bucks.
ItS not even about the money,Its just a waste of time.

This is the "Experimental Forum." If you aren't into experimenting stop wasting others' time with obfuscation. There's plenty of room for you in the 'Proven, Mildly Effective, and Barely Safe Treatments' forum of your choice.

As for the Hairmax, it's likely not a cure -- currently there is no cure for baldness -- but you'd be grossly mistaken in believing properly devised lasers couldn't work in synergy with other proven treatments... for very little money.

I actually applaud Harie for allowing others to benefit either from his successes or failures. I too withstood a few random asides, both PM and forum, over my needling/topical regimen. And yet, I have the last laugh whenever walking in front of the mirror. I only hope Harie experiences equal and even greater success with far less pain and effort. :)

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
joseph49853 said:
needling/topical regimen.

Hmmm. That gives me an idea. I do have a Nolvaderm Scalp & Skin roller sitting in the medicine cabinet that I haven't been using...

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
I just bought my bottle tonight. Pink top. And the little girl is adorable. About the cutest kid ever. She made me smile. Her pixyish facade is saying, "I'm going to boost your regimen!"

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Been doing this for 2 weeks now, and I haven't had a headache since the 1st time. I'm still unsure if the pink top is too strong of a scent to use in the mornings before I go into work. Anyone use pink top in the AM?

JWM

Reaction score
Well at least its not as bad as putting a solvent like DMSO on your head. Good luck guys and keep us updated.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Dimethyl sulfide (DMS) or methylthiomethane is an organosulfur compound with the formula (CH3)2S. Dimethyl sulfide is a water-insoluble flammable liquid that boils at 37°C and has a characteristic disagreeable odor. It is a component of the smell produced from cooking of certain vegetables, notably corn, cabbage, beetroot and seafoods. It is also an indication of bacterial infection in malt production and brewing. It is a breakdown product of dimethylsulfoniopropionate (DMSP), and is also produced by the bacterial metabolism of methanethiol. Organosulfur compounds are organic compounds that contain sulfur (sulphur). Sulfur help producing glycosaminoglycans and Hyaluronic acid.

MSM, Chrondoin and Glucosamine works orally.
Soy isoflavones does the same job.
and I suspect that L-Taurine and Garlic can help orally.

This is one of the reason I think Downy should work on our heads. I got hairs that sprout everywhere on my temples, even in the middle and hair are way thicker, even my gf told me!. I tried minoxidil before but never had that crazy results. I put 2 ml of Downy in my minoxidil and use it half of a cap everyday as a conditioner. I will stick to that treatment as long as I can!

Fred :tongue:

Going to bed! f***

just found that:

Biochemical effects of garlic protein diet and garlic oil on glycosaminoglycan metabolism in cholesterol fed rats.
Mathew BC, Augusti KT.

Department of Biochemistry, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, India.

Garlic protein diet or daily administration of garlic oil to 2% cholesterol fed rats controlled significantly the increases in sulphated glycosaminoglycans in their heart and aorta. However hyaluronic acid level increased. UDPG dehydrogenase decreased and several degrading enzymes increased in the aorta on treatment. The effects of treatment were just the reverse in liver. The high percentage of cysteine in garlic protein and the reactive disulphide group in the oil may be responsible for their beneficial effects.

Hyaluronic acid powder has been shown to facilitate the turnover and regeneration of hair follicle keratinocytes (Annely 2006), and to enhance hair colour restoration (HairSite 2002). Furthermore, HA forms a gel-like shield directly on the hair follicles (HairSite 2002 which can protect them from the harmful effects of DHT (HairSite 2002).

I think This is why some people are less or more fragile to the effects of DHT on the follicle. Level of glycosaminoglycans and Hyaluronic acid has something to do with hairloss..

amsch

Reaction score
squeegee said:
Dimethyl sulfide (DMS) or methylthiomethane is an organosulfur compound with the formula (CH3)2S. Dimethyl sulfide is a water-insoluble flammable liquid that boils at 37°C and has a characteristic disagreeable odor. It is a component of the smell produced from cooking of certain vegetables, notably corn, cabbage, beetroot and seafoods. It is also an indication of bacterial infection in malt production and brewing. It is a breakdown product of dimethylsulfoniopropionate (DMSP), and is also produced by the bacterial metabolism of methanethiol. Organosulfur compounds are organic compounds that contain sulfur (sulphur). Sulfur help producing glycosaminoglycans and Hyaluronic acid.

This is one of the reason I think Downy should work on our heads. I got hairs that sprout everywhere on my temples, even in the middle and hair are way thicker, even my gf told me!. I tried minoxidil before but never had that crazy results. I put 2 ml of Downy in my minoxidil and use it half of a cap everyday as a conditioner. I will stick to that treatment as long as I can!

Fred :tongue:

Going to bed! f***

just found that:

Biochemical effects of garlic protein diet and garlic oil on glycosaminoglycan metabolism in cholesterol fed rats.
Mathew BC, Augusti KT.

Department of Biochemistry, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, India.

Garlic protein diet or daily administration of garlic oil to 2% cholesterol fed rats controlled significantly the increases in sulphated glycosaminoglycans in their heart and aorta. However hyaluronic acid level increased. UDPG dehydrogenase decreased and several degrading enzymes increased in the aorta on treatment. The effects of treatment were just the reverse in liver. The high percentage of cysteine in garlic protein and the reactive disulphide group in the oil may be responsible for their beneficial effects.

Hyaluronic acid powder has been shown to facilitate the turnover and regeneration of hair follicle keratinocytes (Annely 2006), and to enhance hair colour restoration (HairSite 2002). Furthermore, HA forms a gel-like shield directly on the hair follicles (HairSite 2002 which can protect them from the harmful effects of DHT (HairSite 2002).

I think This is why some people are less or more fragile to the effects of DHT on the follicle. Level of glycosaminoglycans and Hyaluronic acid has something to do with hairloss..

How do you know downy gives you this effect? Aren't you rubbing Dutasteride along with minoxidil in your head, take DIM/Isoflavones etc. etc.? ;)

madhatter

Established Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:

Are you saying that these hairs have sprouted up on your temples since you started using the Downy? A month ago I never used any treatments, now I found this forum and I'm thinking about putting fabric softener on my head...god bless the f*****g internet....

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Look at Chancer. His hair color went back to normal by overdosing MSM and vitamin c and his hair look way thicker and healthier than before.. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=47369

I saw some poeple having sucess with minoxidil and Msm alone on this very forum with no propecia or dutasteride??? Sulfur is the sh*t.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
We blame DHT as the culprit of hairloss but the thing is we put our focus only on that also...Some people took finasteride and dutasteride for years with no success and for some got some regrowth and then hairloss start again within few years....when I was in my early 20s I had more testosterone than the North Korean army and a head full of hair also. :dunno: I know Old schools and hard core users would still saying No it is DHT! but hey I like to think outside the box also! :freak:

SULFUR IN PROMOTING HAIR GROWTH: Efficient nutrients are necessary for hair follicles to grow. These follicles are supplied with sulfur through blood stream which is needed for the hair to grow faster and healthier. Hair itself has 35% of sulfur containing amino acids. Sulfur is necessary to produce healthy collagen and keratin in our body which are the basics of healthy hair. It acts as a nutrition for hair to keep the hair cells alive. It not only keeps the cells alive but also forms new healthy cells. It continues to repair the unhealthy cells and fights against DHT when there is an imbalance, and restores the lost hair after illness.

Sulfur is used in most shampoos and creams that are available in market for hair growth. They are added in the form of Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), which is a non toxic, non allergic and safe to use substance. They are used for all types of hair losses because they act as antioxidants which are capable of replenishing the cells.

Sulfur is lost from the food when it is processed, that is if cooked or stored for a longer time. Hence vegetables should not be cooked longer or chopped smaller. No supplements of sulfur is required when our food has all necessary nutrients. Those suffer hair loss can safely go for foods rich in sulfur or take sulfur supplements with your physicians advice after clearing that there is no other medical problems. Eat nutritiously and keep your hair glowing because good hair reflects your general health

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
madhatter said:
Are you saying that these hairs have sprouted up on your temples since you started using the Downy? A month ago I never used any treatments, now I found this forum and I'm thinking about putting fabric softener on my head...god bless the f****ing internet....

Even if you get no regrowth out of it, as a thickening conditioner, I don't think it can be beaten. Do a back to back comparison with your current conditioner. 1 day use regular conditioner, next day use Downy and compare the way your hair looks and responds to styling. I haven't used regular conditioner since I did the back to back test.

Downy makes my hair so much thicker it's night and day. Plus, it makes it way easier to style and overall, it just looks better IMO.