April Fresh Ultra Downy - Potential Cure?

amsch

Reaction score
Harie said:
madhatter said:
Are you saying that these hairs have sprouted up on your temples since you started using the Downy? A month ago I never used any treatments, now I found this forum and I'm thinking about putting fabric softener on my head...god bless the f****ing internet....

Even if you get no regrowth out of it, as a thickening conditioner, I don't think it can be beaten. Do a back to back comparison with your current conditioner. 1 day use regular conditioner, next day use Downy and compare the way your hair looks and responds to styling. I haven't used regular conditioner since I did the back to back test.

Downy makes my hair so much thicker it's night and day. Plus, it makes it way easier to style and overall, it just looks better IMO.
Is it possible to get downy to Europe? :p

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
Get a diet very rich in Sulfur...oversose it! I will.. and then I am going to buy that also and apply it topically:

http://www.essentialwholesale.com/product_p/779.htm

You going to formulate a cream or stick it in your minoxidil? Or just apply straight to your scalp undiluted?

I think I'm going to pick up some MSM, or look harder to find my 5lb tub of it I bought last year. :)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
As we speak I am boiling eggs.. EAT sulfur! Going to buy food rich in sulfur also tonight with Glucosamine and chrondoin to add to my msm intake. I know Baldness will be cure by something stupid. Just have to find it!

masculineyourheart

Established Member
Reaction score
Just take some MSM with vitamin C if you want to get some sulfur into ye.

It should help with thickness and strength of existing hair. Maybe even give you that nice pregnant glow.
:agree:

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
keep up the good work boys, damn i cant buy msm here.. i need prescription for that... new law on it 1 year ago... weird.
Wil have to try to find it online.. but many dont deliver to norway bc of that new law.
Stil searching, pm if u find a site that deliveres to norway 2 :)

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score
Jojje said:
damn i cant buy msm here.. i need prescription for that... new law on it 1 year ago... weird.
Wil have to try to find it online.. but many dont deliver to norway bc of that new law.

Wow .
why did they do that for ?
what other suppelements need prescription in norway ?

what a strange world SE-freak is from greece and he can buy proscar without prescription.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22969&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=90

CodeUD

Reaction score
So I've been doing my Downey routine daily since I started - just putting a dab on my right temple and keeping it there for a couple of minutes while I shower. No regrowth yet. But, yesterday I tried it on the entire head as conditioner for the first time, and I gotta say, the thickening effect it has on the hair is kinda ridiculous. Def the best conditioner I've ever used. No headaches, but really irritates your eyes if it gets in there.

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
so I've been using it for a week now. My head is shaved to 1.5mm so whatever I'm doing is getting right down into my scalp.

Either this will work or God is laughing every time I reach for the bottle of Downy in the shower.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
CodeUD said:
So I've been doing my Downey routine daily since I started - just putting a dab on my right temple and keeping it there for a couple of minutes while I shower. No regrowth yet. But, yesterday I tried it on the entire head as conditioner for the first time, and I gotta say, the thickening effect it has on the hair is kinda ridiculous. Def the best conditioner I've ever used. No headaches, but really irritates your eyes if it gets in there.

I know! Watch your eyes!The thickening effect is there also...ahah DOwny!

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kadosh said:
Jojje said:
damn i cant buy msm here.. i need prescription for that... new law on it 1 year ago... weird.

Wow .
why did they do that for ?
what other suppelements need prescription in norway ?

what a strange world SE-freak is from greece and he can buy proscar without prescription.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22969&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=90

i have no idea wy they started that, just asked a lady at a health shop. actualy many places for MSM and many of them sayd they didnt have it and 1 of them say`d they used to sell it but after a new law they wore not alowed to. Bc of prescription.
And after al the stuff ive read of MSM it seems to be that its pretty harmless.... body gets rid of the stuff it doesnt need after 12 hours.
Yes i know i live in a ridiculos strict country.
gues il have to order it online or buy it in sweden.

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
i know it's early, but does anyone have anything positive to report?

is it worth shipping this to Australia?

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, you've got me far beyond curious on this one. Seriously. I might give this a shot and join in on your Downy party here. :punk:

Imagine that, Downy causing the bankrupcy of the hairloss industry, hair transplant doctors, you name it, everyone. You know, people would soon forget that it was even intended for clothes. What will their commercials be like? :)

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
Squeegee

I saw your post on the study of garlic & rats. Just thought I'd chime in for a second here....

Growing up, my grandfather swore by a lot of things, like cod liver oil, drinking apple cider vinegar daily mixed with honey ( :puke: )

One other thing was garlic supplements. My grandfather died at 76 with almost a full head of thick hair. I'm not saying that's why, but it's just a thought....

And Finish Line, I sure hope something is going on! Keep at it!! :punk:

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on minoxidil for three years, finasteride roughly the same amount of time.

I've been super consistent with my regimen for the last year (since Foam - LOVE THE STUFF) and especially the last two months..

But I cannot account for this thickening, my crown looks better than it ever has in all these years on regimen.

I know it's crazy to say it's Downy, especially so soon, but perhaps there is some thickening.

I shave my head to 1.5 mm. And right now I'm looking pretty damned good. NW2. I was going to freak out and try some new products but I think I'll hold off while this is working out.

Definitely would be happy to find out the Downy and whatever ingredients are helping, are actually doing something.

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping it's not just a strange coincidence. I'm thinking of trying this all by itself, as I am not using minoxidil or propecia. Worst case scenario, my head smells pretty. :)

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just saw this thread for the first time and at first laughed... then got a little serious... laughed again and then drove to the Stop and Shop market and picked up some downy : (

I've been using Xandrox Plus along with 1 mg finasteride for about 7-8 months now with the best results I've had on any medication. I would love to get off propecia though and add another topical to the mix.

So what I gather from this thread is I just need to use downy as my daily conditioner after I use nizoral? I leave it in for about 2 minutes before washing it out?

This is effin ridiculous : ( but I'm obviously gonna start doing it. :$