April Fresh Ultra Downy - Potential Cure?

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CodeUD said:
So, I would like to do a rollcall for everyone who is still committed to stick with the program. I am gonna keep on.

Using Downy EOD since I posted this topic. I want to get the non-scented kind to use in the AM though...I will probably pick that up tonight and will use Downy 2x/day from now on. Scented in PM, unscented in AM.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Davidoff said:
snake oil.

lol. This "snake oil" has some science behind it, and it costs about $1 per month. If you can't afford $12 a year, I feel sorry for you. Even if it turns out to be pure BS, we'll have only spent a few bucks.

G

squeegee said:
Davidoff said:
Ive reported your post telling me to f*** my mother.Ive never said anything like that to you and that is pretty vile even for an uneducated momo like yourself.All ive said was the products you are using and recommending are snake oils, and you spit this crap at me online?I dont think you would ever tell me to f*** my mother face to face.So why say it online?

You are only here to f*** around, mix everybody up, saying that everything is snake oil, only minoxidil. finasteride and avodart work. There is no positivity at all. You sound like a frustrated kid all the time.. you b**ch ,trash and say something about everybody thread and people .Kind of f****ing sick of it. There is always something wrong.. Like I said before.. If you tried and know everything then..what are you doing here?????? You are just a big time Mofo for me and for a lot of users here.Big time pathetic.. Sorry about your mom.. The truth always hurt. and sorry again if my first language is not english. LOOSER

Fred
And you sound very hurt.Isnt anything working for you? Poor little b**ch :mrgreen: .Loser. :roll:

G

Harie said:
Davidoff said:
snake oil.

lol. This "snake oil" has some science behind it, and it costs about $1 per month. If you can't afford $12 a year, I feel sorry for you. Even if it turns out to be pure BS, we'll have only spent a few bucks.
ItS not even about the money,Its just a waste of time.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
Harie said:
More info on ions.

http://www.djclarke.co.uk/file06.html

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip818.htm

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5122369.html

http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/Mline/ ... xphome.php

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4931274.html

The last link is very interesting.

"A composition for effectively treating dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis and scalp psoriasis comprising a combination of essential ingredients consisting of microfine particles of a clay mineral containing adsorbed magnesium, water, ethanol, sodium chloride and, optionally, minor amounts of glycerin and precipitated sulfur. The effectiveness of the method in treating such scalp diseases by topical application to the scalp epidermis is predicated on the capacity of the composition to release and deliver magnesium cations and hydroxyl anions to the causative sites and return the associated pathological cells to a normal morphology."

As a totally unrelated side note - check this out. Again, from the last link.

"As an ancillary corroboration of compositions of the present invention being able to penetrate to the sebaceous gland and carry and deliver a substance, a small amount of minoxidil was added to the 100 ml preparation of Example 1. Four clinically bald males were instructed to apply the mixture once daily. While the manufacturer of minoxidil reports vellus hair appearance in 30-50% of the samples in 4-6 months, the instant preparation with minoxidil produced vellus hair on the four samples within nine days."

100% of the 4 bald men grew vellus hair and in 9 f*cking days! I wonder if this Ms. Cheap is actually onto something here (in a round about way)...Using positively charged ions as a carrier agent since the epidermis is negatively charged.

After 3 or 4 months, I'm going to put a few ml of Downy in a bottle of minoxidil and give that a go.

Harrie,

What I understand here is that this allowed the minoxidil to penetrate much better. Is this composition they are talking about the
same as Downy..(cations-ions) ?

I wish you guys best of luck on this one! :)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I just added 2 ml of downy in my bottle of minoxidil. Will see in 2 months. minoxidil is working really good for me so far. Good temple regrowth.. Unbelievable... will post pictures in couple months.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
April Fresh Ultra Downy. Who woulda thunk it?

Keep posting & updating all you April Fresh Users. If you get any regrowth - count me in!

:punk:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
hair_tomorrow said:
April Fresh Ultra Downy. Who woulda thunk it?

Keep posting & updating all you April Fresh Users. If you get any regrowth - count me in!

:punk:

Next time you go to the grocery store..you know what to do.. Join the Ultra downy guinea pigs squad..

Fred

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else excited about the fact that the little girl on the bottle has a full head of hair? I bet she's known about this little secret for years.
3578389_th.jpg

ali777

Reaction score
PersonGuy said:
Is anyone else excited about the fact that the little girl on the bottle has a full head of hair? I bet she's known about this little secret for years.

A side note: I'm pretty certain using images of kids for ads or labels, unless related to the product, is forbidden in the EU...

I just couldn't see the connection between the little girl and a fabric conditioner.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in Asia and actually think of smuggling one of these bad boys back with me to the UK. I can't believe i'm thinking of this...

G

Harie said:
Since this story was posted in an actual newspaper, by an actual person that makes her living as a reporter, it has decent credibility IMHO.

All that to say - tonight, I'm going to the store to pick up a bottle of pink top Downy Fabric Softner. I will test it out on my arm hair for a week to make sure it's not going to burn me if left on for 5 minutes, and after a week of applying every day to my arm hair, I'm going to take a before picture and start applying to my scalp.

Worst case is I continue to lose hair, all-be-it smell like a million bucks - at which point, the Snuggle Bear will get angry and kill me with fabric softener sheets.

Best case is, this actually works and I regrow some hair.

So long as I don't get chemical burns (highly doubtful) on my arm, I can't really see a downside to this.

I figure since my current hair regimen is quite simple (finasteride & nizoral), I should be able to tell if this is actually making a difference.
Around two years ago i was watching the 6.30 news and a story came up saying there was a CURE FOR HAIRLOSS,That story happed to be about the hairmax laser comb.We all know how true that turned out to be :jackit:

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairmax comb is 500 bucks and doesn't do anything. downy is 5 bucks and worst case makes your clothes soft and smells good. Its obviously tolerated by hair/skin. Plus no one is expecting anything, so there is really no let down if it doesn't work, no monetary loss, and no side effects. I think you should take it easy Davidoff. This is actually a product for loss that has a "fun" appeal to it. And in 6-12 months if people see results, unbelievable. If not, another avenue to mark off the list.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
have you ever smelled downy? its no joke, it smells awesome. Probably doesn't grow hair. But man it does wonders on your jeans

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
patagonia said:
Harrie,

What I understand here is that this allowed the minoxidil to penetrate much better. Is this composition they are talking about the
same as Downy..(cations-ions) ?

The link I posted was a composition that had both cations and anions, plus clay particles too. I'm not sure which part made the minoxidil work so quickly, but it was very interesting to me.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Davidoff said:
Around two years ago i was watching the 6.30 news and a story came up saying there was a CURE FOR HAIRLOSS,That story happed to be about the hairmax laser comb.We all know how true that turned out to be :jackit:

If you go onto Regrowth (dot) com many people there are having success with LLLT. Not from Hairmax since that things a POS, but LLLT does work.

And OMG. Give it a f*****g rest. Even if Downy does absolutely nothing, it still smells good and is a great conditioner. If anyone is stupid enough to think that this can and will replace finasteride/minoxidil/nizoral, they are stupid IMO. But who knows - maybe I'm wrong and this will work wonders. There's always hope IMO.

And FFS it's $5 for 6 months worth. What do you have to lose besides more hair? All-be-it awesome smelling hair. lol

G

Harie said:
Davidoff said:

If you go onto Regrowth (dot) com many people there are having success with LLLT. Not from Hairmax since that things a POS, but LLLT does work.

And OMG. Give it a f****ing rest. Even if Downy does absolutely nothing, it still smells good and is a great conditioner. If anyone is stupid enough to think that this can and will replace finasteride/minoxidil/nizoral, they are stupid IMO. But who knows - maybe I'm wrong and this will work wonders. There's always hope IMO.

And FFS it's $5 for 6 months worth. What do you have to lose besides more hair? All-be-it awesome smelling hair. lol
:jump: