April Fresh Ultra Downy - Potential Cure?

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
Harie said:
Giovanni Magnetic Shampoo Energizing + Downy "Conditioner" + Surf Hair "gel" = AWESOMENESS!!!

so what are you growing your hair back with that combo?

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
elvis123 said:
Harie said:
Giovanni Magnetic Shampoo Energizing + Downy "Conditioner" + Surf Hair "gel" = AWESOMENESS!!!

so what are you growing your hair back with that combo?

I don't know. But it makes my hair look really thick. Not to mention that it's really easy to style and looks healthy.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Harie are you still using the downy??

I am thinking of trying it?

How is your hair doing now?

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
Harie are you still using the downy??

I am thinking of trying it?

How is your hair doing now?

Yup. Still using it 5x/week or so. No regrowth, but it makes your hair crazy thick and managable when combined with Giovanni Magnetic Energizing Shampoo.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a thread, I never laughed so much reading all this! :bravo:

I am going to wash my dog and give him an Downy April fresh smelling spring rinse! :)

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Harie,

what exactly is the name of the downy you get?

Is it the concentrated version?

Just the fact you say i make your hair feel and look thicker is enough for me.

Does it help combat the nasty dryness of your hair that Nizoral leaves?

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
Harie,

what exactly is the name of the downy you get?

Is it the concentrated version?

Just the fact you say i make your hair feel and look thicker is enough for me.

Does it help combat the nasty dryness of your hair that Nizoral leaves?

I use Downy Free & Clear concentrated. I tried the April Fresh, but the scent was overbearing and I couldn't handle it.

I don't use Downy after Nizoral, so I can't comment on that. I use Nizoral in the evenings and use regular conditioner afterward...I use the Magnetic Energizing shampoo + Downy in the mornings before I go to work. (Yes, I shampoo 2x/day a couple days a week).

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wow. So here we are almost 11 months later into the Downy treatment and I've gotta say that my hair looks awesome. I haven't grown any new hair, but I'm holding my ground with what I've got.

Who'da thunk that taking 5mg of finasteride 3x a week plus Nizoral 2x/week and Downy Mon - Fri would work so well?

Once we hit July, I do believe that I'm gona start using some other craziness in addition to my miminal regemin above. Am debating between Clobatesol Propenate in the mornings a couple times a week or olive oil in the evenings a couple times a week. May go super crazy and do emu oil and tea tree oil in evenings.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
One final reply on this subject.

Before I ran out, I had used Downy for almost a year and 1/2 straight. It works great and I'd have continued, but I started using Giovani Magnetizing Conditioner in place of the Downy because I wanted to give it a try. It just about duplicates the fullness/managability/thickening results of Downy, only it smells better and I don't have to worry about getting it in my eyes.

End result - Downy will NOT grow any hair. But it does make hair a lot thicker and easier to style. If I hadn't found the Giovani shampoo/conditioner, I'd still be using Downy because it's awesome!

CCS

Reaction score
Harie said:
Wow. So here we are almost 11 months later into the Downy treatment and I've gotta say that my hair looks awesome. I haven't grown any new hair, but I'm holding my ground with what I've got.

Answers my question.

So this is good for someone with a lot of long, finer hairs. Not for someone with a buzz cut or grafts.