All we need to know about RU58841

Status
Not open for further replies.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply el

So 3 hours before/after Fluridil is ok in order to be effective.

By the way for how long do i need to avoid sun after i apply alcohol topical.

Do you guys have any topical moisturizer to recommend too much alcohol applications ru, minoxidil, fluridil, tricomin.

ram_in_md

Reaction score
Guys....I just got RU from Faith Lab. This might be a stupid question but where can I order PPG from? I plan to use 27mg in a 10ml Ethyl Alcohol (the drug store variety)/PPG solution in a 70/30 mix. El dutasteride seems to think that 20 mg is enough but I want to use my 10GM for a year and that comes to roughly 27mg a day.

Thanks

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ram_in_md said:
Where can I get PG...is it something I can get in any pharmacy?

You won't find it sitting on the shelf of any pharmacy, but that's where I got mine: I went to a local Eckard's, talked to the pharmacist in the back about what I needed, and he was nice enough to order a bottle of it for me from the same source that he gets his. It took less than a week to arrive, and it was reasonably priced.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ram_in_md said:
Thanks for the reply Bryan.....I have been looking online as well and came across this link

http://www.dfwx.com/glycol.htm?gclid=CN ... 5QodkE5rpw

I am assuming that this is what I need. Will this work?

Hmmm....the only thing that bothers me a little with that product is that they say it's only technical grade. If you're going to be using it to dissolve drugs to be applied to your scalp/skin, I'd prefer that you use a purer version that's designed for that purpose. For example, what I got from the drugstore is a one-pint plastic bottle of propylene glycol, manufactured by Paddock Laboratories. Right here on the front label, it says:

USE:
Pharmaceutical aid as humectant and solvent.

NOTICE:
Do not ship or store with poisonous or ill-smelling articles. This product might be used in foods, feeds, drugs or their containers.

See what I'm saying? The propylene glycol that I have here is probably U.S.P. grade (United States Pharmacopoeia), meaning that it's pure enough to be used in foods and drugs. The "technical grade" stuff that you see there at that link is perfectly fine for use in an insecticide or as an antifreeze in an automobile engine, but I'm not sure if I'd want to rub it into my scalp! :)

If I were you, I'd try having a local drugstore order you some, just like I did.

ram_in_md said:
Secondly, what do you think of 70% ethyl alcohol/30% PG as a vehicle?

That's fine. If you have trouble getting the RU to dissolve completely, you can try increasing the percentage of propylene glycol.

aubergine

Reaction score
Hey guys,
thanks for the info. I received my RU today. Wonder how you can separate 1 gram?
What kind of balance to use. Can you give a link please?
And wouldnt vodka (40%) be alright to dissolve it?
thanks for the answers.

ram_in_md

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your reply Bryan. I will go the local pharmacy to see if they can order it for me.

Appreciate your input.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i am also taking the plunge...will be sending the money tomorrow
i am wondering if any of you know someone in the pharma industry or related industry; i would love to have some expert examining tehse batches that we get...

from what El-duto is saying i get that the side effects are short lived (1-2 days ?). So theoretically, i could larger amounts daily and stop only 2 days before when sides are completely undesirable (i.e. a date :)) ... think that works ?
if that is the case, that definitely beats finasteride...twice (assuming no other side effects)

el_duterino

Reaction score
waynakyo, you don't need a lot of RU. 90mg daily is way too much i think.
People use 1 mg of finasteride .. diluted into the whole body to keep hair..so no need to use 90 times that amount of a very powerful anti-androgen applied to your hair follicles directly.

Granted, both drugs work differently and some RU will not make it into the hair follicles ..and we cannot compare finasteride to RU but I am now using 20mg of RU a day in my combo and find it sufficient to keep hair.

At 20mg a day, a whole 10g bag will last me a year so that's very cheap AND very safe.

Keep in mind that RU is for people who still have enough healthy hair and want to just maintain what they have, as it won't regrow new hair, therefore there is no point in over-maintaining.

The lowset dosage that works for you is the best.

Start with 20mg a day for 2 weeks and if you are not happy you can increase a bit but I won't go over 60mg a day...and keep using fluridil...and add finasteride if you can handle it.

In any case, the side effects on RU are short lived..and at 20mg to 60mg dosages you most likely won't notice any.
I did not have any sides at 100 mg a day either.
I had some at 400mg a day, mostly erection issues (could not maintain an erection even though the desire/libido was ok).

RU + finasteride or dutasteride will increase the chances of androgenic sides effect by a large factor since you already have a low DHT level.

But we shouldn't be concerned with androgenic sides ..those are reversible, bothersome at most and easy to deal with..we should be concerned that the drug RU has never been tested for long-term safety in humans...therefore using a low amount will decrease the overall risk in case something goes wrong with some people.

but What about Today

Established Member
Reaction score
el_duterino said:
At 20mg a day, a whole 10g bag will last me a year so that's very cheap AND very safe.

Keep in mind that RU is for people who still have enough healthy hair and want to just maintain what they have, as it won't regrow new hair, therefore there is no point in over-maintaining.

Just a few questions...

Studies have shown finasteride can regrow hair, and dutas has been shown to regrow more hair by blocking more dht in the scalp.

RU blocks more dht then both those drugs and has been shown to atleast in monkeys to regrow hair.

So why not say RU can "regrow" hair???

Q2, there's a study that says minoxidil used with retin-a can be used once a day and be just as successful as twice a day. So I was thinking is there a way you would be able to use RU once a day??? It would cut the hassle of having to make the stuff and it would last longer.

And, why doesnt RU cause a significant shed??? If finasteride causes a shed because it blocks dht and dutas causes more of a shed because it blocks more dht. Wouldnt the fact that RU blocks alot more dht cause a major shed? I understand that RU is barly systematically absorb but that much major change to production of dht should cause a significant.

Lastly, what was your reasoning for using fluridil again, and how much would it be for 6 months??? Is there any other adjacent product that does the something if not similar???

Thanks for the time :)

el_duterino

Reaction score
There are no scientific basis for the claim that side effects stay permanent even after discontinuing the drugs, apart from Gyno.
There is no single report that show that androgens remain low in a permanent way..if that's the case the hairloss would be cured for good..and it's not.
I was on dutasteride + Flutamide and my libido was close to zero .. but I always recovered after stopping or reducing drugs.

Ru does not need to be applied twice a day. Once a day at 20mg to 60mg is sufficient.

Fluridil is the only drug that can reduce the number of Androgen receptors..until somehing else is released we have no other choice for this mode of action.
One ampule per day is about $2 per day.
I use 2 ampules. This drug has no side effects.

Several drugs can regrow hair in animals, but in humans it is a lot more difficult.
This is not new information, the Hamilton studies on castrated men have cleary shown that most lost hair will not regrow after stopping the androgenic effect.

There are some reports of regrowth on these boards, but they are rare and the loss is recent. Set your expectations right, especially for hairloss at temples and hairline, areas that are very hard to even maintain over long term.

Therefore the no1 rule is to start treatment as early as possible..BEFORE hairloss is clearly noticeable by others.

el_duterino

Reaction score
Hi Irish..glad it works for you. You are a good candidate as you still have a lot of healthy follicles and took action quickly.

About the dosage, try to reduce it to 50mg a day for a few days..chances are that you will not notice any differences wiht 100mg...and be on the safe side IF it tuns out that RU was doing health damage that we don't know of yet.

50mg is still alot of powder for daily application...and you can save money for some super-safe fluridil to cover another angle in this fight.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Good to hear that RU worked for you irishpride. I have a few questions

For how long did you use RU?
You put 100mg ru in 4ml (70%alcohol 30% Proper Glycol) everday?
Did you get any extra regrowth or just thick your existing hair and stop future falling?

btw Irish and El why you don't use minoxidil? But your reports giving me hope that we can still save our hair in things that aren't in the big 3

thanks

ram_in_md

Reaction score
Hi Bryan,

This is the strangest thing ever. I went to two local CVS stores...they did not have PG and the pharmacists in both stores were not keen on ordering it specially. I don't know if it CVS has stricter rules...I plan on going to some local mom and pop pharmacies (if they still exist) to see if they can order it for me.

In the meantime, it has been highly frustrating having the RU and not being able to use it. I did more research and came across this online...what do you think of this product.

http://www.boilerandcoolingwater.com/Pr ... col-USP-1G

As a worst case scenario, if I cannot get PG, is there any alternative carrier that would be as effective? Will 70% alcohol and 30% distilled water work?

Thanks

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
ram_in_md said:
Hi Bryan,

This is the strangest thing ever. I went to two local CVS stores...they did not have PG and the pharmacists in both stores were not keen on ordering it specially. I don't know if it CVS has stricter rules...I plan on going to some local mom and pop pharmacies (if they still exist) to see if they can order it for me.

Yeah, I'd go to a few others, until you find one that's willing to order you a bottle of it. Walgreens, Eckards, whatever.

BTW, if they ask you what the hell you want it for, I'd be _almost_ completely honest about it: tell them you want to make some of your own hairloss topicals with it (any real pharmacist is going to know that there's propylene glycol in topical vehicles, like the one used in Rogaine), but don't tell them about the RU58841 you're going to be using. That might freak them out enough, they might decide not to sell the PG to you, after all. I'd make up something very harmless sounding, like how you're experimenting with some topical concoction of your own that uses some natural oils (use your imagination if they press you for more information), and you need the propylene glycol for the topical vehicle.

ram_in_md said:
In the meantime, it has been highly frustrating having the RU and not being able to use it. I did more research and came across this online...what do you think of this product.

http://www.boilerandcoolingwater.com/Pr ... col-USP-1G

Oh, that stuff looks fine, considering that it's USP grade! Of course, a full gallon of propylene glycol is a lot more than you'll ever need! :)

BTW, here's something else I'd be careful about: propylene glycol is very hygroscopic, and absorbs moisture readily from the air. Keep any bottle of PG tightly closed, in a dry area. If you do go ahead and buy that big 1-gallon jug of the stuff, I think it'd be a good idea to keep part of it in a smaller, clean bottle (maybe a pint or so), and use that one as your "working" bottle. I wouldn't like the idea of frequently taking the cap off that big gallon jug, just to remove a relatively small amount of the PG every now and then when you're making your RU solution. I can imagine a lot of moisture eventually working its way into the PG, if you were to do it that way. Keep all bottles of PG tightly closed.

ram_in_md said:
As a worst case scenario, if I cannot get PG, is there any alternative carrier that would be as effective? Will 70% alcohol and 30% distilled water work?

You could also try using glycerin instead of propylene glycol. In fact, glycerin is used as a substitue in some versions of Rogaine, for people who are allergic to propylene glycol. Dr. Lee sells such a version.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i finally ordered RU and paid ... my hair loss is becoming such a pain..with constant shedding now. i plan to start with little maybe 20 and go up as long as i get no side effects...

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any updates from the RU58841 fam(users of RU)?

Seems like quite a few have bought some now, it should give a good idea of how effective it is or isnt. :dunno:

I just hope people are making a separate topical and not just dumping it in with their minoxidil. :shakehead:

JDS 17

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I have received 10g of RU from Faith Eagle and I have some Propylene Glycol for mixing. I am struggling to get hold of ethanol/everclear so does anyone know if a 90%/180 proof alcohol drink called poteen will be good enough to use instead for the vehicle. I have got 500ml of this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I need some urgent opinion from you guys. I got a message from faith eagle telling me what to do about the customs if they ask about the contents and warnings not to say it's RU and all that.....
DID ANY OF YOU GET INQUIRIES FROM AUTHORITIES ON THIS ?
i wasn't prepared to deal with this. what you suggest to say ?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.