All we need to know about RU58841

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
We all know this is the most potent topical anti androgen, or at least we think so. Yet, very few use RU58841 for a very simple reason, it is only produced in China. The French company that originally developed has apparently given up on it or some say it has closed. It would be very useful to have a thread discussion all things related to RU58841. In particular, it would be useful for all of us to learn more about the company that first produced it, the reasons it stopped doing so, who is currently producing it, the studies backing the efficacy of RU58841 and your reviews of it for those using it.

Regarding the original maker of RU58841, my understanding is that it was the French company called Roussel Uclaf, which by the way was a very reputable company 40% percent owned by the french government. It names most drugs with RU followed by digit. For example RU 486 was one of the first abortion pill that became used worldwide. Now what happened to it and to RU58841 is still not clear fro me.

Any french interested in knowing more ? I assume it would be easier to know if I was in France. Once could call the RU company and ask for a short interview with Dr Dr. Sewaya. The point is to find out whether there are some really undesirable side effects that made this company stop producing it or there are other reasons. Some say the company itself was bought or closed. I cannot verify this. However, if this is the case then it does not necessarily have to do with this particular product as it is a big company and public companies tend to be privatised at some point.

The bottom line of this thread is to find the most about RU (company) and RU58841 to know whether it is relatively safe to use it. This involves knowing more about what the Chinese lab is sending us.

This has so far been the closest thing to the magic pill. Here is a report made by some guy on the best hair loss drugs (scroll down):
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink15.htm

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know we can, from the Chinese lab.
But, correct me if I am wrong, most people on the forum KNOW that this is one of the most potent anti androgen, but do not buy it because of all the uncertainty around it (unknown lab, safety studies ?, studies on humans...).
That is why I am trying to collect as much info as possible, as some people have been using it with success I hear.

cuebald

Reaction score
I thought it was sourced in power form from Japan?
I dunno, I've read a few reports from people apparently using it, and they said it was about as good as oral finasteride.
A few users posted that they were concerned about RU breaking down as they made the topicals themselves (from the powder).

Would be interesting to find out more though.
If it is as efficacious as oral finasteride, it would make an awesome daily use shampoo additive for those who have only just started male pattern baldness - NW1.5 etc.
Use that shampoo daily and forget about male pattern baldness!

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not that expensive if you use it like el_duterino does.

10g cost USD410 inc shipping.

10g = 10,000mg

el_duterino mixes 200g with 10ml 70% ETOH and 30 PG.
So he gets 500ml out of his 10g batch.
He also says that 100g might work and he's going to try 50mg

Not sure how many ml he uses.

I keep the raw powder in the freezer (minus 20c) and I belive that it should be fine for at least a year ..some of the batches I got 6-8 months ago are still working fine.

The ONLY problem with RU is its short shelf mixed in a LOTION.

Therefore I have designed a mode of application that solves this issue . I have found it to be very effective and less costly since less powder is needed to achieve the same end result.

I precisely weight and place 200mg of powder in very small, air-tight plastic bags, and keep those bags in the freezer.
I prepare a few dozen of those small bags at a time.

You can use less..100mg might work too, costs less and be safer in the long term.

Then, just before my application, I do mix only the small amount of powder needed for that daily usage, into a small bottle of 10ml, which I fill with 70% ETOH and 30 PG.

I use this lotion right away.. once i see the powder dissolved. it takes a minute or two to see all the powder nicely dissolved, shaking that small 10ml bottle a few times.

As a side note, I did take a week of road trip vacations in southern California this May, and keep the small bags in the trunk of the car..
Needless to say that the bags of powder got very hot for several days, but that did not seem to have affected the potency of the drug in a significant manner.

I am convinced that RU does give some side effects too, if a certain amount is reached in blood.
RU is a very powerful anti-androgen with a short serum half life of 1 hour, which is still plenty of time to allow some of these molecules to bind to other androgen receptors in the body.

BUT due to its the short serume life, the effects are very short too, just one or 2 days at most.

Each time I stopped RU for 2 days I noticed very strong morning woods and strong erections the following days.

When I tried very high dosage of RU I had strange erection problems.

In any case, the possible Androgenic side effects are short, never permanent and dose-dependent.

However, we still don't know the possible adverse effects on other human organs during long term usage. We don't know if it is safe for the human liver, kidneys, blood, brain etc.. so please use only small amounts of it.
We also don't know if the powder does not contain tiny amounts any other harmful chemicals, so again, caution is advised.

The best would be to use it in a vehicle that reduces systemic absorption.
My ethanol/pg vehicle works well for the hair but obviously draws a lot of material in blood directly.

We know from reports done from Vitaminox that RU has shelf life issues in a lotion. People that complaining about poor results might attribute these issues to the degradation of RU in a lotion.
I used the 3% Vitaminox lotion for a few months and it was not very effective.

Fresh powder each time is the best way to go.

I am going to reduce dosage to 50mg in a 10ml, which is 0.5% and see what it does.
I need 10ml because I have diffuse thinning, longer hair and need to cover all the head.

RU will not grow new hair, so if the treatment works the "before " and "after" pictures should be basically the same.

This applies to all the anti-androgens..finasteride, dutasteride etc..

My before pic at age 30 is the same as my after pic at age 41, so this is for me a huge success !

the key is to start treatments very early on..if you are high up in th Norwood scale , it will be quite hard for anti-androgens to stop your hairloss..

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Cost of getting RU on the market is a big investment. In other side the results are same or little better than finasteride, so i guess it's risk investment. But because i got sides from finasteride this thing is my only hope buy far. It will be nice to have one place of all ru users like board section or yahoo group.

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kento said:
It will be nice to have one place of all ru users like board section or yahoo group.

And that's why I wanted this thread to start rolling, to be just this maybe.

The thing about RU is that it seems to be a much better anti androgen than finasteride however at which doses ? this is not clear. The point is that many believe that an extensive use of RU can keep your hair and regrow some. But this product hasn't been tested on humans. Having said that many have tried it and have not reported significant side effects.

For many people, like me, finasteride causes a host of problems and will not always work well. Hence there is definitely a place for something topical like RU.

But I guess it would be good to research it and understand it. You never know in 2 years time maybe everyone will start using it if it proves to be a better treatment.

I am still curious though about how well it have worked for those who used it and any noticeable side effects.

anyone ?

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
5920715 said:
It's not that expensive if you use it like el_duterino does.

10g cost USD410 inc shipping.

10g = 10,000mg

el_duterino mixes 200g with 10ml 70% ETOH and 30 PG.
So he gets 500ml out of his 10g batch.
He also says that 100g might work and he's going to try 50mg

Not sure how many ml he uses.

I guess if he is using 1ml, twice a day then it doesn't end up being that expensive. 10g would end up getting you 250 days... So not to expensive, providing it actually works of course, because that doesn't always seem to be the case.
E.g;
Mr.Fantastic said:
Like I said in the past, I've been a RU user for about 3 years. That in combination with other things got my hair thicker than it was in High School for a better part of a year. Then it slowly went downhill from then on. I'm thinking my body either built up a tolerence level against it or the batches just were inferior to the first batch I had. I believe if you use it early enough, it will help you maintain for a good while but it was expensive to do this. A years supply costs me about 1G. I lost hope going into my 3rd year with it barely working and gave up having it compounded for me. It is a very potent anti-androgen, but I had to use it with a coctail of other topicals to get the whole regimine to work that 1st year.

I think it is promising, but on the same token if it worked as well as we hoped for it would surely be more available and widely recognised by now? El dutasteride is about the only person I see still using it and claiming success, although I think he has taken a break from it because of sides? I also haven't seen him post a pic since he has been using it or anything which sucks. I know he says it isn't a regrowth agent (although the Stumptailed study said otherwise), but I'd like to see if it really has maintained, I remember he posted some old pics from when he used Fluta I think... I wonder how he compares to those these days.

el_duterino

Reaction score
my hair is the same..i check my hairline everyday very closely and the exact hair are at the same place.
hair shaft thickenenss varies if uses more or less RU, dutasteride etc..

no regrowth - no loss

this is my recent pic..taken a few months ago...has'nt changed since 11 years ago when I started finasteride (1998).

http://img242.imageshack.us/i/all1ib0.jpg/

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
It looks awesome El dutasteride, you have done really well, congrats. It even looks a bit better than the pics you chucked up when you were starting Fluta I reckon.

Where do you think you would be at today without the help of RU and the other drugs you have used along the way?

8 years maintenance, belongs in the success storys section for mine! :)

Oh how many mls of RU do you use each day btw?
Thanks for your help, keep up the good work.

Established Member
Reaction score
Same here, going to copy El dutasteride regime.

RU58841
Eucapil

also I going to use:
Nanominox-MS

and I'm going to keep using these shampoos:

Nizoral
Nano
Alpacin

So my new regime will be:

Morning
Shampoo Nano/Nizoral/Alpacin
RU58841

Midday
Eucapil

Night
Nanominox-MS

Will also take the following vits:

Vitamin B-Complex
Biotin 5mg (Jarrow)
Silica Complex
Alpha Lipoic Sustain
Multi-Vit
MSM powder (Jarrow)

Will also consider:
Healthy 'N Fit 100% Whey Pro-Amino
Natrol, Biosil
Spirulina
Hyaluronic Acid

I may also add in the future:
Spectral DNC
Proxiphen

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Can't wait the weather to get colder to order RU, definitely we need a place where we can share our results, quality of the ru etc. I'm planing to start with 3% RU.

5920715: If i was at your place will put minoxidil before shampooing, RU don't like water. But no alpecin/minoxidil combination. I've heard if these two are used in short period of time they lose their effect, does anyone know what's the best time to add minoxidil after using alpecin.

Also i've read that no other topical to be applied after/before Eucapil. Does anyone know for how hours should we pause with other topicals.

sorry for my eng

el_duterino

Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
Also did you ever find out yvakin's source for RU? He said he could get 50g for like $460?!

yeah I did..turned out to be a scam...the guy was rude too.
RU is expensive to make and the only place they make it right now is faith eagle

el_duterino

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
El dutasteride you are an inspiration to me also. I am gonna quit finasteride in about 6 months to a year tops when my gains have maximised. I am hopeing that you continue successfully on your current regimen as I intend to copy it ish!

if I were you I'd stay on finasteride, unless you cannot bear the sides.
Adding a little bit of RU and double flurdil dosage to finasteride is the best combo you can get for overall, long term results.

RU can take water but does not dissolve well in water.
Fluridil is the one that breaks down in water, on purpose to protect us from side effects.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
el_duterino said:
RU can take water but does not dissolve well in water.
Fluridil is the one that breaks down in water, on purpose to protect us from side effects.

So it's ok to apply RU even on wet scalp?
Is ok to apply other topical one hour after your RU application?

How much do you pause before/after your fluridil application from other topicals?

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
dpdr said:
RU 58841 in the case of maturity of the hairline would have any effect ?

I guess it will, like anyother dht blocker. But all depends of the person.

You can see people on propecia with impressive regrow, some without any future loss. The main propose of the dht blocker is to keep what you have and thick the existing hair, getting regrow is bonus.

rcom440

Reaction score
kento said:
dpdr said:
RU 58841 in the case of maturity of the hairline would have any effect ?

I guess it will, like anyother dht blocker. But all depends of the person.

You can see people on propecia with impressive regrow, some without any future loss. The main propose of the dht blocker is to keep what you have and thick the existing hair, getting regrow is bonus.

I wish RU 58841 was easily available in the states.

Status
Not open for further replies.