Will all those using Xandrox15-Plus identify yourselves!

Joey Ramone

Reaction score
If you're still having troubles with your scalp feeling rubbish while on Xandrox-plus I'd recommend adding spironolactone cream. It really gives an overall healthy feeling to the scalp if you use it regularly.

I usually throw it on at about lunch time after rinsing out the morning's minoxidil and then rinse it out at around 4 or 5. The Xandrox I put in just before bed.

I'm pretty happy with how my hair's looking at the moment, it seems thicker and the colour is pretty constant across my head where it had started to change a bit where the hair was thinning. Not sure which way my hair's going to go, I had a fair shed at the start of the month but it seems to dying off now. Little hairs have turned up on my temples, which I'd probably mentioned last time but they're just kicking back and enjoying themselves for the moment. Would like to see them get their act together and bring some friends along for the party but I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Still only in month 2 now. I think Kiel just got our hopes up for all our hair to magically grow back in 2 or 3 months but it's never been like that. Everyone recommends 6 to 8 months or even more. We'll just have to stick it out and see how things go.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the problem with topical minoxidil+finasteride is that not enough finasteride penetrates the scalp. A Topical carrier like emu oil may give a more significant impact in ensuring enough is absorbed into the scalp to reach the follicles. Here's an article on emu oil. I should note that emu oil is anti-inflammatory and can reduce inflammation brought on by minoxidil. The result of which is improved regrowth.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss-articles/abst-91.htm

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Can minoxidil cause inflammation? What was it again that inflammation does to your hair/scalp?

And how are you so sure that not enough finasteride penetrates into the skin?

KeyserSoza

Established Member
Reaction score
hey monty

how long till you noticed

my hair has gone to hell at the two month mark.....use xandrox plus at night and 5% in morning.....

nice one mate, and thanks for the positive info, makes it a little bit easier to stay on the program you know..

till i look in the mirror

bighurt

Reaction score
this week i started cutting my dose of 15+ down to about 0.9mL (i just squeeze the dropper once and it usually fills to just slightly below the 1mL mark).

i had been using 1.2-1.5mL every night and i'm thinking that may have caused an increased shed since it was rough enough on my scalp having to get used to the 15% minoxidil w/o making it even worse by using more than suggested

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Ps I am pretty certain that finasteride works exclusively systemically, not topically. Hence the instant bollock ache.

wasn´t minoxidil first used systemically to treat high blood pressure, when they found that it regrew hair? if it worked for minoxidil to be applied topically, maybe it can work for finasteride?

Dashtoronto

Established Member
Reaction score
My question for Kiel is this:

I've been using the 15% for a month now - twice a day - once in the morning and once at night - i'm getting some results so far - my question is -

i'm using the 15% plus xandrox PLUS - which is WITH topical finasteride included -

but Kiel - as I believe - is using Xandrox PLUS WITH topical finasteride included AND he's also taking the internal finasteride as well!

so, in essence, he's DOUBLING his dosage of finasteride ONTOP of his immense dosage of 15% topical minoxidal twice a day.

so is it true? Topical finasteride PLUS internal finasteride = twice the usual dose of finasteride that everyone else uses?

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Dashtoronto said:
My question for Kiel is this:

I've been using the 15% for a month now - twice a day - once in the morning and once at night - i'm getting some results so far - my question is -

i'm using the 15% plus xandrox PLUS - which is WITH topical finasteride included -

but Kiel - as I believe - is using Xandrox PLUS WITH topical finasteride included AND he's also taking the internal finasteride as well!

so, in essence, he's DOUBLING his dosage of finasteride ONTOP of his immense dosage of 15% topical minoxidal twice a day.

so is it true? Topical finasteride PLUS internal finasteride = twice the usual dose of finasteride that everyone else uses?

Dunno, I kinda have the same question.

I mean, is taking it topically the same (dosage,effectiveness) as taking it orrally?

My plan is to start with the xandrox 15plus and then lower my finasteride dosage to 0,5mg.

Oh and then I would apply my kirkland in the morning, xandr. in the evening.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
I read somewhere 40% I think is absorbed systemically. It was implied that this was a good thing because the remaining 60% supposedly attacks dht at the follicle.

I believe the finasteride in the xandrox is only 40% as efficient but compounded with high strength minoxidil is slightly more efficacious than 1mg finasteride taken alone orally.

I personally don't trust the drug so wanna find the lowest possible effective dose so this is fine for me. I still prefer topical application cos its easy ish an I could be wrong, it is working very well!

Dr. Lee sais that xandrox15plus is more effective then minox5percent + 1mg orraly.

15percent minoxidil+ finasteride + azelaic acid makes a more effective combination then 1mg finasteride & 5percent minoxidil apparantley.

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
ryan r said:
I mean, is taking it topically the same (dosage,effectiveness) as taking it orrally?

I emailed Dr. Lee about this and he said it is just as effective...but I have some doubts.

I too would like to go on X-15%+ and lower my internal finasteride dosage but I'm just not sure if anyone has tried this w/o adverse affects on hair growth/maintenance.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yoo!!! I guess it is true that once you get your hair back you don't come onto the forums anymore. In anycase... a few guys sent me PM and I wanted ot hop on here and tell you all that all my friends who started taking this crap are all still on it and extremely happy with their hair.

My hair is effin awesome... I love life... I don't worry about my hairloss anymore and I am continueing to use Xandrox, spironolactone and Propecia every day.

My scalp also feels awesome... I'm also using Nizoral shampoo twice a week and honestly my scalp is never sore, itchy or red.

Love you all... wish you all much luck! ; )

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
AssignmentZero said:
ryan r said:

I emailed Dr. Lee about this and he said it is just as effective...but I have some doubts.

I too would like to go on X-15%+ and lower my internal finasteride dosage but I'm just not sure if anyone has tried this w/o adverse affects on hair growth/maintenance.

Well there are enough finasteride users who just lower there dose, WITHOUT even compensating it, and maintained what they had.

So I dont think its a very big risk, considering that we are compensating with the topical finasteride.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
KielMcK said:
Yoo!!! I guess it is true that once you get your hair back you don't come onto the forums anymore. )

Hehe, well thats not entirely true....

I got amazing results and theres hardly anything to notice anymore, and now look at me, I joined ANOTHER hairforum (this one) :punk:

Haha, with the succes I just got obssesed and now I want even more (cuz I think its possible)!

Great that your having succes as well.

G

Does anyone now if there is any difference between xandrox 15% regular and xandrox 15%plus? Will xandrox 15% plus give any further regrowth if you are also taking oral finasteride? :dunno:

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Sonic-X said:
Does anyone now if there is any difference between xandrox 15% regular and xandrox 15%plus? Will xandrox 15% plus give any further regrowth if you are also taking oral finasteride? :dunno:

I think it gives you something extra.

dr. Lee emailed me and explained a couple of things, and it works a bit different then orally, so if you take both thats an advantage imo.

G

Thanks ryan,

I am sure that topical finasteride is what makes the difference in xandrox 15% plus not the minoxidil. I mean that using the xandrox 15% regular you won't see the same results as using xandrox 15% plus even if you are taking oral finasteride as well

Just my 2 cents

IBM

Reaction score
This thread is valuable. I considering Xandrox to my naked temples. Where you buy it?

AssignmentZero

Established Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
This thread is valuable. I considering Xandrox to my naked temples. Where you buy it?

You can only get it at http://www.minoxidil.com, Dr. Lee's website site.

Ok,

So if I take X15%+ and 1mg of oral finasteride I will in effect be taking >1mg per day of finasteride.

So at what point does my body absorb 1mg of finasteride if I take it orally and through X15%+? What combination will give the most effect? (0.5mg oral finasteride and 1mL of X15+ at night?)