Why do women dislike bald guys/old guys?

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree but then they should be honest about their life situation.

Honestly, I'm glad we had this conversation because it really underlines that people offering advice of this type have little or nothing to show for it.

I think there is wisdom in Danny's words and I'm certainly not a virgin. Currently unemployed (taking time off to transition), but I have a job lined up on campus next fall. Having a positive outlook will not damage your chances of success, if anything I think it increases them if you actually put forth the effort required to succeed at anything in life.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I'm an employed sex-haver and I think his advice is counter-productive at worst, useless at best. Doesn't matter. I'm interested in his situation, not yours.

I respect your opinion, but i will use recede words for a sec, im no sex guru (for lack of better words), and never claimed to be.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
zicron,

DannyBoyy is not obligated to answer your question whether if he's a virgin or not. I agree with recedingyt, just because someone isn't on top of the world doesn't mean their words are worthless. There is wisdom in DannyBoyy's words. Also the advice DannyBoyy give doesn't apply to sex. His advice is to help cope with hair loss, and of course notice he's never talked about any sex life, because it's not relevant with his discussions.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I disagree. He's saying that hair loss should not matter and that you should just stop caring about any negative vibes you might receive about it. But then you ask him a simple question about whether or not he has had intercourse with another human being and he launches four pages of evasive maneuvers. That says everything about how much worth there is in his advice.

Can you please point out to me where DannyBoyy has directly stated hair loss doesn't matter? He's been kind enough to reply to your posts, yet you keep asking him a question he prefers not to answer.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I disagree. He's saying that hair loss should not matter and that you should just stop caring about any negative vibes you might receive about it. But then you ask him a simple question about whether or not he has had intercourse with another human being and he launches four pages of evasive maneuvers. That says everything about how much worth there is in his advice.

Yes negative vibes, as in someone dissing you for it and things on those lines, in this thread you see me bringing up school years, cause i know how it feels to be dissed, thats ALL im trying to say dude, again you lot can see me as a virgin honestly think it, but it will still not change anything about what i was saying.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Just go through his post history and you will see. He has said in several posts that he would be "dissed" with or without hair loss, and that this applies to other people as well (ie. people will always find something to denigrate you for so hair loss is nothing to worry about). The questions I am asking, whether he is employed or is a virgin, are IMO of pivotal importance because they underline the implied consequences of following his mentality. He has already answered that he is unemployed, so now we just need the answer to the latter question.

OMG dude come on, im just saying that the kind of people who diss you for your hairloss will probably find something else to diss you for, you SHOULDNT worry about people trying to make you feel like crap in whatever way why would you? if you or who ever wants to fix their hair or whatever then do so, its not my life, all im saying is that you shouldnt listen to people who try to ridicule you, why does my job life or sex life even come into this? again think of me as some basement dweller virgin if you so please, it still dont change what i say.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
It does because if you do not conform to that stereotype it gives me a reason to take your goddamn advice seriously. How hard is this to understand. Jesus Christ.

And here we go, not taking my advice seriously if i was said stereotype? trust me i dont dwell in my basement i been out i have seen the world i know how cruel people can be, i understand your point but it still does not change my points, where do you even see me go on about my sex life? dear lord man.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Fred asked someone only some fifty posts ago and they answered without hesitating. Your problem is that you have invested too much of your identity into your "helping the suffering" identity and refuse to do anything that would compromise the integrity of your message (like admitting you are a virgin).

Your advice is useless just based on my general understanding of the world, and your persistent refusal to talk about what your life is actually like just underlines why I would be highly cautious against following it.

But you go on as if i talk about my god damn sex life dude, i dont say anything of it, i talk about things i know i can try and help in, its not hard to go damn understand. me admitting being one or not wont change anything. Recede isnt a virgin yet gets my point, you think my posts are useless ok fine, i respect that, again trust me at this point me admitting wont change a god damn thing.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
It will change my opinion materially of you and I have said as much. I keep my word. You on the other hand just refuse to answer a simple question and it just reflects even more poorly on you as this thread goes on. Once again: you are offering serious advice to people and you need to accept the implications of doing so. You need to be honest about your life and what the unstated implications of following your advice are. Otherwise you are a dishonest coward.

"Also the advice DannyBoyy give doesn't apply to sex. His advice is to help cope with hair loss, and of course notice he's never talked about any sex life, because it's not relevant with his discussions."

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
The desire for sex is an integral part of most young men's lives and the concerns over not being able to get it is at the core of the frustration most young men feel over hair loss. So it does matter a lot. If you have never had sex it means that you are really not in a position to help young men cope with hair loss, honestly.

But im not on about that "side" of the hairloss problem, my worry for example when i use to worry about my hairloss wasnt that if i ever get laid, my worry was that i would be dissed (i was 16 when it started), sure i never wanted the horseshoe look but i always thought i could just shave it, my worry was about people dissing me cause of it, im on about THAT side, im on about a side i know i can HELP in, thats why i was going on about in this thread so many pages ago, when i say there is some girls who wont matter its true, i seen it (with an uncle for example), but NOOWHERE do i mention my own, again i understand your point but "Also the advice DannyBoyy give doesn't apply to sex. His advice is to help cope with hair loss, and of course notice he's never talked about any sex life, because it's not relevant with his discussions."

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Then why not admit that you are a virgin? To me it is extremely relevant to the points you are making and will have a substantial impact on how seriously anyone should take your admonitions of not caring and "letting go".

Why? just for people to hold against me? im not saying anything of my position, since im going on about the sides i just mentioned, "letting go" yes you need to let go of worries (depressive ones), this is coming from a guy who got depressed over a OCD (in the mind) for like a month or two, you guys are looking to much into the things i god damn say and its annoying. If i ever said something what seemed like i was going on about whatever then im sorry but again, "Also the advice DannyBoyy give doesn't apply to sex. His advice is to help cope with hair loss, and of course notice he's never talked about any sex life, because it's not relevant with his discussions."He knows, recede got my point, its not hard dude, again think of me as a virgin full on think it whatever.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Again, you are a coward, Deep down you know that your identity as a "helper of the suffering" will be compromised if you admit to being a virgin, so you refuse to address the question.

This conversation will be over the minute you answer in the affirmative or the negative. It's really simple. Yes or no. Are you or are you not a virgin?

"Also the advice DannyBoyy give doesn't apply to sex. His advice is to help cope with hair loss, and of course notice he's never talked about any sex life, because it's not relevant with his discussions"

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
You have said in threads regarding women's reactions to baldness that it shouldn't matter. So yes, it does apply to sex and you are a coward for not answering.

I also said it DOES matter to some cause its a preference, my uncle been going bald long before i was even born, he is with someone, its what i got damn mean, please again show me where i go on ABOUT my own sex life.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
It's not just a preference it's something that makes just about everyone less attractive to the opposite sex. We have scientific proof of that. If you are not basing this advice on your own life then you better damn make that clear.

Again, are you or are you not a virgin? If you truly want to help the suffering you would have answered this pages ago.

Make it clear? AGAIN where do you SEE me go ON about my god damn sex life? i help people in the way i can like i keep on saying, i see people with bald guys and what have you, i think its a preference.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Yes but you have no (and cannot provide any) evidence that these observations really mean anything to the people you are adressing. You don't know the stories behind the people you are seeing, and your perception is biased due to the fact you have invested so much of your identity into being the one who can tell HairLossTalk.com members that baldness really doesn't matter. Your persistent refusal to admit that you are a virgin just makes your message ring that much more hollow.

Baldness is a net negative to the opposite sex due to its impact on attractiveness. It''s not just a preference. On average, a balding man's chances in the dating world will be much much worse. We have scientific studies that show that.

You dont have any stories either about said person either, im willing to bet you would say something on those lines if you saw my uncle and his misses, its silly, and you know it, me being a virgin or not does not matter, you wanna know if i had ever had sex, the furthest i have gone sexually here is about preferences, just lol, you can go on and think "well maybe shes with him cause she feels sorry" or whatever you may think its still silly MAYBE theres something negative going on but thats the same with anything, you gone on for pages trying to prove to this forum, trying to prove a point, a point im sure noone even cares about if anything they are laughing their asses off, when i havent even gone on about anything sexually related to do with me, i talked about the things i have mentioned here, and things i thought was obvious in all honestly (like some liking bald guys), noone cares if im a virgin or not get over it.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Yes, anecdotes are worthless, that is precisely what I am getting at. The scientific and informal studies that have been done in this area tend to show the same thing: baldness makes you less attractive to the opposite sex. Unless you have something substantial to offer to the contrary, why deny this? Apparently you yourself are proof that this is true.

You pretty much saying that theres girls out there who dont like guys who have gone bald, well duuurr. But its still silly to think said couple must be a lie, cause you seen a couple end cause he has gone bald or something (not saying you have, its an example), its even silly to think all couples (with a bald guy) must be bull****ting cause lets say a bald guy named Larry hasnt been with anyone, its just silly, we been arguing for ages please think what you will, at this point lets be honest it means nothing, you wanting me to say the words when if anything, this thread has answered said question, it still means nothing, since like i said many times and "Also the advice DannyBoyy give doesn't apply to sex. His advice is to help cope with hair loss, and of course notice he's never talked about any sex life, because it's not relevant with his discussions." Goodbye and peace out.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Your sex life is and continues to be relevant to the discussion. How is a person supposed to cope with hair loss if it compromises one of the very cornerstones of his existence? And what use is your well-meaning advice when it comes from the position of occupying an existence that most guys would rather die than have?

To my mind this conversation has been exceptionally enlightening because it shows just how far you are willing to go to defend what has obviously become a central piece of your identity. You will respond ad-infinitum if need be. Yet the undeniable facts of your circumstances remain, despite your insistence on denying them.

What is so hard to understand? you think sex is the ONLY thing what is hard when losing your hair? get over yourself man, noone is dening what you are saying, yes its hard well durr what is your point? you want me to say if im a virgin? fine i am a virgin you happy? you can finally sleep at night, all i wanted to do is help people but all you have done is annoyed me and made look like an arse for what? to prove what? How dare i try and help another human being from not feeling depressed like i was so many years ago. You go on and on yet two people understood what i was trying to do in this very thread. The people i helped here (one commented here) bloody wells knows my point im trying to make, im sure many do.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Excellent, that means that most everyone here has a perfect reason to disregard your dumb, simple-minded advice. Delightful.

Lol ;), so now you can sleep at night correct?

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that your own mother isn't supportive and sympathetic. I feel my son's hair loss worse than my own. I truly mean that. Every so often (not often enough to make a difference, though), I go through short periods where I don't shed as much, and I think how my son's sheds never let up, how miraculously getting my hair back would be bittersweet, and how seeing him at least maintaining on finasteride would make me so, so happy. Have you tried finasteride?

Thanks for being supportive and caring of your son...you going through it has probably given more insight and empathy over it too.

I am trying finasteride very soon, hesitated for a long time because I was worried about sides.