Why are people so against finasteride?

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
HAHA 'super cope strikes back', people who take treatments to stabilize hair loss are all lunatics, thanks for pointing that out.

Yeah because Finasteride unstabilizes everything else, and in the frequent events where it doesn't even assist with treating the hairloss issue, people are just left with horrible side effects, and would have been far better off never touching Finasteride.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
your immense butthurt
Why would I be butthurt exactly that doesn't even make sense?

you are the guy that posts you would be happy only losing your 10% hair at every 3 years and has developed a love of hair systems.

you are the one that's so buthurt that if anyone says they use 5-ARIs and gets results you have to attempt to ridicule their decisions.

I'm perfectly fine with what im doing and have no noticeable side effects so I couldn't careless how other people treat there own hair loss.

but keep up with your own cope and let me know how your hairs doing in a decades time.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
people are just left with horrible side effects
I can't comment on any horrible side effects as I have never experienced any. All I can do is report my own experience and what my own results have been.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I said that for a large amount of people Finasteride after 2 years usually starts* to lose its effectiveness
You have made this up................... there is no data or evidence to suggest finasteride usually starts to lose effectiveness after 2 years.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have made this up................... there is no data or evidence to suggest finasteride usually starts to lose effectiveness after 2 years.

There's literally people who have had no results on Finasteride in a full 1 or 2 years and you're thinking it's hard to fathom people start to lose effectiveness after 2 years, heck theres people who respond positively to Finasteride but start to lose effectiveness much earlier than 1 or 2 years. I didn't say every single person won't see positive results on Finasteride past the 1 or 2 year point, but a large amount don't see long term effectiveness otherwise even pro-Finasteride users wouldn't be on this forum, yet here they are, in abundance.

Keep looking at falsely manipulated data to form your opinions. Like I said, if Finasteride were even remotely as effective as you think it is, the majority of users (what's that false figure Merck and pro-Finasteride studies like to throw around? Effective in 70 to 90% of people was it? LOL) then the majority of people suffering from hairloss would have good heads of hair and that is blatantly the furthest thing from the truth.

Literally just by looking around at your community, country, internationally, people on TV, hairloss has NOT slowed down, it actually appears to have increased, with Balding happening more aggressively much earlier in the younger generation than the older generations. So obviously those pro-Finasteride "studies" you consider evidence are extremely skewed.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I said that for a large amount of people Finasteride after 2 years usually starts* to lose its effectiveness
This is your exact quote, how do you quantify what large means? there is no data to back this up otherwise you would post it

if instead of the word large you actually mean say '' for some people after 2 years Finasteride starts to lose its effectiveness''

then why don't you just say that, you are adding the word's large and usually because you want to believe its an ineffective treatment for the majority people, like I said there is no data to back up what you are saying, the treatment doesn't work for everyone but your view of its effectiveness is skewed by your own disapproval of the treatment itself rather than the data available.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look at then end of the day, Im not going to get drawn into an argument on whether finasteride is an effective treatment for hair loss, its been on the market for almost 25 years now and is still effective for me after almost 22 years. The ship has sailed on this debate,

If you want to draw the conclusion that finasteride is largely an ineffective treatment for hair loss then be my guest, lets just agree to disagree on that point.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is your exact quote, how do you quantify what large means? there is no data to back this up otherwise you would post it

if instead of the word large you actually mean say '' for some people after 2 years Finasteride starts to lose its effectiveness''

then why don't you just say that, you are adding the word's large and usually because you want to believe its an ineffective treatment for the majority people, like I said there is no data to back up what you are saying, the treatment doesn't work for everyone but your view of its effectiveness is skewed by your own disapproval of the treatment itself rather than the data available.

Literally read my last response, I explained it perfectly, there's no need for some numbers on paper, that can be falsified to look far better than it is.

The real results are looking at the male population, it's definitely hasn't seen significant improvement in hairloss and Propecia has been FDA approved and on the market since 1999.

Stop trying to evade the real truth, the undeniable truth.

Moro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"And I don't have to have a perfect understanding."
We do know how it works. It is up to you if you want to know it or not . The information is there, full of studies on pubmed , etc .
And your derm is not an expert, you just point it that is simple an ignorant . They don't teach to him in the University how Finasteride works . So simple like that . He might not even know much about pharmacology even .
How do you get qualifications for on a subject and end up not having an understanding on it. How do you spend years treating with it and not have experience of it. It's so absurd. You expect me to believe that?

And after all the repeated flops I've seen from you guys... You expect me to believe that you have MORE knowledge? Ridiculous.

Oh sure, just trust randoms on the internet over an expert. Crazy.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stop trying to evade the real truth, the undeniable truth.
Ive just posed this exact same thing and you are still trying to argue with me?

''Look at the end of the day, Im not going to get drawn into an argument on whether finasteride is an effective treatment for hair loss, its been on the market for almost 25 years now and is still effective for me after almost 22 years. The ship has sailed on this debate,

If you want to draw the conclusion that finasteride is largely an ineffective treatment for hair loss then be my guest, lets just agree to disagree on that point.''

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you get qualifications for on a subject and end up not having an understanding on it. How do you spend years treating with it and not have experience of it. It's so absurd. You expect me to believe that?

And after all the repeated flops I've seen from you guys... You expect me to believe that you have MORE knowledge? Ridiculous.

Dude, do you know how many medical professionals they are that aren't good doctors? Do you know how much easier it is to pass medicine than many other degrees? Entrance requirements for university in medicine is pretty high yes that I'll admit, but passing is relatively easy compared to other degrees like Engineering, Computer Science, Acturial Science, etc.

In many countries, due to syllabus of medicine being so large, you don't get tested on the entire years work, rather you learn a section, get tested on it, then move onto another section that often does not require prior knowledge of the previous sections passed.

Passing a test and being good practically are two completely different things.

A Dermatologists job is easy, because they usually just prescribe whatever is FDA approved and get a basic knowledge of the drug/sickness/treatment without digging too much into many into studies or much conflicting studies.

Very few care to update their knowledge regularly. Many are complacent, and the fact that you said your doctor said something as ABSURD as it not having a possibility of infertility when using Finasteride just shows how clueless they are. Even pro-Finasteride people know it's a possibility.

Last edited:

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was approved in 1997 not 1999

Typographical error on my side, but that's like correcting grammar in a discussion, regardless, that makes the case of Finasteride even worse having been around that long and not having any significant impact on on the male populations hair, based ON SIGHT and real testimony instead of numbers on a page that can easily be falsely manipulated.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive just posed this exact same thing and you are still trying to argue with me?

''Look at the end of the day, Im not going to get drawn into an argument on whether finasteride is an effective treatment for hair loss, its been on the market for almost 25 years now and is still effective for me after almost 22 years. The ship has sailed on this debate,

If you want to draw the conclusion that finasteride is largely an ineffective treatment for hair loss then be my guest, lets just agree to disagree on that point.''

Sure.

Moro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, PUBMED.GOV !!!!!!! READ !!!! READ !!!!!!!!!!!!
You really think that you can inhibit an NATURAL not elevated enzyme in the body , that is part of at least the creation of 8 hormones, besides DHT , without consequences !?
It shouldn't be this hard to get the study that they're talking about.
It's a major red flag, DUDE...

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
In regards to your last paragraph, the only retard here is you. I literally explained several times and I'm even repeating myself twice in this message so it sinks into your brainless head which can't recall a conversation from a week ago, that I did mention that I was on a break from the horror of Finasteride, but that I do plan on starting a treatment regimen early next year, so that negates who entire BS assumptions and statements.

The only person who needs to be Laughed at is you for your poor memory as I've addressed everything multiple times but you just keep forgetting and drawing your own false conclusions.
Ok, Now we have agreed to disagree on the ''finasteride doesn't work'' point.

can we just clear up this other issue as we keep going round on circles at the moment.

Going back to your own hair loss timeline that looks something like this if I am not mistaken:
1 year Minoxidil + Microneedling + 2 years finasteride use followed by 3 year break of no treatments.

so in total you have a miniscule 3 years of treatment use.

Can you please explain how any of that experience can place you in a position to give advice to somebody that has been on treatments consistently for 27 years?

And how can I convert any of the knowledge you have learned and use it to improve my own personal situation?......

Because the only answer I can find is I can't, there is nothing you can share with me, that can effect or improve my case moving forward as you just don't have the experience or knowledge maintaining hair for any length of time.

that is the point i have made several times, but you still want to keep trying to tell me that we are somehow of equal experience in this subject and that there is advice you can give me.

can we agree on this also and move forward?

Last edited:

Moro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And when I said wholistic effects of DHT I meant a detailed profile of the entire list of importance of DHT, not just the basics which your Dermatologist is probably only aware of the basics and not the full extent of what happens when you block DHT. Also, it doesn't need to be blocking 100% of DHT to be problematic.

"woo woo hippie garbage" LOL wtf are you talking about. Looks like the Finasteride sides already getting to you.
"Wholistic" or "holistic" encompasses a swath of quackery. Which would explain why you'd so fervently believe the propaganda on finasteride. Both require a low standard of evidence.

Can you stop pretending that experts don't know anything? Or that you know more than an expert? We both know it's not possible to substantiate that nonsense.

Moro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would I be butthurt exactly that doesn't even make sense?

you are the guy that posts you would be happy only losing your 10% hair at every 3 years and has developed a love of hair systems.

you are the one that's so buthurt that if anyone says they use 5-ARIs and gets results you have to attempt to ridicule their decisions.

I'm perfectly fine with what im doing and have no noticeable side effects so I couldn't careless how other people treat there own hair loss.

but keep up with your own cope and let me know how your hairs doing in a decades time.
It could be projection.
They could be upset that people point out all the holes in what they're saying.
So they then think others are also upset when they post nonsense.
It's possible.