Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discipline hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys.. I am very sorry about the question I am going to ask. I am about to start using a dermapen and therefore, reading all information available online.

Can using a dermaroller for a prolonged period cause tumor or cancer ?
For example, please go through following link

or this link

I am no expert in hair loss or skin care. So as an ordinary guy, if you come across articles like these, you feel little apprehensive.

But Its feel so good seeing success stories on this thread, reddit, etc. I want to give it a go.

Sorry, my aim is not to demotivate anyone. But only make an informed decision.

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys.. I am very sorry about the question I am going to ask. I am about to start using a dermapen and therefore, reading all information available online.

Can using a dermaroller for a prolonged period cause tumor or cancer ?
For example, please go through following link

or this link

I am no expert in hair loss or skin care. So as an ordinary guy, if you come across articles like these, you feel little apprehensive.

But Its feel so good seeing success stories on this thread, reddit, etc. I want to give it a go.

Sorry, my aim is not to demotivate anyone. But only make an informed decision.
The first article lol. “Dermarolling is a terrible scam and damages your skin…but fortunately you can buy my company’s products to heal it!” Clearly an article like that will generate clicks as she is promoting her own company.

Gardy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed that my Derminator has been less and less capable of drawing blood and making deeper wounds (even when switching from 1,5mm to 2mm on crown area, although I stayed with 1,5mm on hairline), like my skin adapted to weekly wounding and now it is more difficult for needles to penetrate it and my skin even heals more quickly. I don't feel the same amount of pain (but I would describe it as a good pain, when you know you got something done) and the scalp is not as sensitive as in the past, after the needling session, on top of that.
All of that makes me afraid that I am doing something wrong and not getting the most out of my needling sessions.

Catridge is not a problem, even when I put a new 9-needles catridge I can't get the same result as before.

Any thoughts or suggestions? probably someone already mentioned this on these 700+ pages, but here it goes again :D

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed that my Derminator has been less and less capable of drawing blood and making deeper wounds (even when switching from 1,5mm to 2mm on crown area, although I stayed with 1,5mm on hairline), like my skin adapted to weekly wounding and now it is more difficult for needles to penetrate it and my skin even heals more quickly. I don't feel the same amount of pain (but I would describe it as a good pain, when you know you got something done) and the scalp is not as sensitive as in the past, after the needling session, on top of that.
All of that makes me afraid that I am doing something wrong and not getting the most out of my needling sessions.

Catridge is not a problem, even when I put a new 9-needles catridge I can't get the same result as before.

Any thoughts or suggestions? probably someone already mentioned this on these 700+ pages, but here it goes again :D
Are you using tretinoin cream? I think is thickens the skin over time. I think the same with micro needle because of the collagen production.

Seeñor Pelitos

My Regimen
Reaction score
is skin thicker in the crown than in the hairline? Or does degree of baldness affect the skin thickness or blood supply to the area? Interesting thing I notice when needling is the hairline and frontal area(which aren’t that bad) react instantly to microneedle even at .5 and blood is easily drawn at 1mm. The crown and mid scalp(areas that are almost completely bald) barely turn red at 1.25 and no blood drawn at all even up to 1.5. Sometimes even at 1.75 not much happens at the crown. Any thoughts on this?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That couldn't be anything but beneficial in the long run. In the short-term the stress of fasting can cause shedding, but clearing out senescent cells helps healthy cells proliferate. SASP has been associated with Androgenetic Alopecia.

That couldn't be anything but beneficial in the long run. In the short-term the stress of fasting can cause shedding, but clearing out senescent cells helps healthy cells proliferate. SASP has been associated with Androgenetic Alopecia.

I have DUPA, skin/nails psoriasis and ankylosing sponditilis (it's a chronic inflammatory disease destroying the joints, mainly the spine and hips) All of these diseases appeared at the same time, in 2017. I think they are all related.

In 2019 i did a 15 days water fast and the psoriasis and the inflammation in joints completely disappeared. But the symptoms came back a few weeks after breaking the fast. I have a terrible diet, with lot of junk food. I am 100% sure bad gut health is responsible for psoriasis and AS but i dont know about DUPA.

Anyway, fasting is beneficial for a lot of things. I am going to fast 36 hours every week

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

mminh

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have DUPA, skin/nails psoriasis and ankylosing sponditilis (it's a chronic inflammatory disease destroying the joints, mainly the spine and hips) All of these diseases appeared at the same time, in 2017. I think they are all related.

In 2019 i did a 15 days water fast and the psoriasis and the inflammation in joints completely disappeared. But the symptoms came back a few weeks after breaking the fast. I have a terrible diet, with lot of junk food. I am 100% sure bad gut health is responsible for psoriasis and AS but i dont know about DUPA.

Anyway, fasting is beneficial for a lot of things. I am going to fast 36 hours every week

Can I ask you some questions?

How much water do you consume a day when you do 15 days fast and when you break the fast? Is it a big difference?

Discipline hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that, if it's minoxidil only I would agree but I think adding needling is a game changer.

For example the guy from the pics in OP did an update not long ago, after 4 years of only minoxidil+needling he still has all his gains and maintains very well he said. Also seen a member itt say he maintains with minoxidil only for 7 years.

Also was a study showing results of minoxidil+needling held on much longer after quitting than minoxidil only.

So.. after quitting minoxidil and needling , are there chances that the new hair will stay for a long time ?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did anyone develop hyperpigmentation from dermarolling.
I have a huge red spot that turned red (about a 50cents size)... and it turned brown after a week and became smaller.
A week later I dermarolled and the spot became red again and now it is not shrinking...
The only thing I changed is that I am dermarolling the donor area as well...

anyone heard of a similar case?

KurtCocain

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a numbing cream or spray to help with the pain? I searched inhouse pharmacy and alldaychemist but they didn't have anything. I know everything they sale on Amazon maxes out at 5% lidocaine. I was hoping to find something stronger, but will take suggestions on anything.

Last edited:

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I HAVE A PROPOSAL for everyone here.

1. It has become clear that dermarolling (in conjunction with minoxidil or other) is able to achieve stunning recoveries as of yet not feasible with ANY medication

2. The huge disparity between the responders and non-responders does not seem to make any sense. Some are gaining 2 Norwoods with terminal hair, and some are not getting any effect. How can a NW6 with an island that has not grown a terminal hair in years see regrowth but not a 30 year old with thinning hair... The variance in minoxidil alone is not that large. Similarly the variance in finasteride is not all that large from what I have seen.

3. To find the optimal ingredients I suggest we have a survey/questionnaire. I am a statistician and can analyze the results. This is particularly useful given that the dermarolling is not a monotherapy, and is always used in conjuction with something else.

This whole dermarolling this is huge.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score

Favorable effects of microneedling on long-standing androgenetic alopecia in an elderly man: A case report​

renderTimingPixel.png

Aims: We report a case of an elderly man with a severe long-standing Androgenetic Alopecia, which was successfully managed with microneedling and minoxidil.
Patients/methods: The patient was a 70-year-old Japanese man with family history of Androgenetic Alopecia, showed no abnormality in physical and laboratory examinations, and had received no treatment. We did monotherapy with 5% minoxidil twice daily to the right half of the scalp, while on the left half topical minoxidil was combined with weekly microneedling using an automated microneedling pen.

Results: After 14 weeks of treatment, negligible hair growth was observed on the monotherapy side. On the combined-therapy side, however, hair growth was obvious and the density of hairs determined under trichoscope was significantly increased compared with the monotherapy side (P < .001). Only transient pain, erythema, and pinpoint bleeding were observed as adverse effects.

This case seems interesting to me because it could prove that the effects of the microneedle with minoxidil is not due to a greater absorption of minoxidil but to other factors, since if it were so, the hair would have grown on all sides in the same way

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
This case seems interesting to me because it could prove that the effects of the microneedle with minoxidil is not due to a greater absorption of minoxidil but to other factors, since if it were so, the hair would have grown on all sides in the same way
It kills me that anyone ever thought it was greater absorption of minoxidil. Minoxidil is well absorbed by the skin