Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are you guys opinion on using Minoxidil 5% Topical Liquid AND Tretinoin 0.01% with Microneedling?

Does it have better results than only Minoxidil + Microneedling?

Is it advisable to use Tretinoin with Minoxidil if I'm Microneedling?

If yes, should I wait a day or more after Microneedling to apply Minoxidil + Tretinoin?

Or can I just apply the Minoxidil and Tretinoin directly after Microneedling?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
What are you guys opinion on using Minoxidil 5% Topical Liquid AND Tretinoin 0.01% with Microneedling?

Does it have better results than only Minoxidil + Microneedling?

Is it advisable to use Tretinoin with Minoxidil if I'm Microneedling?

If yes, should I wait a day or more after Microneedling to apply Minoxidil + Tretinoin?

Or can I just apply the Minoxidil and Tretinoin directly after Microneedling?
I think that might be overkill. Tretinoin already "thins" out the scalp by increasing the skin renewal rate. And with tretinoin you have to worry about sun exposure when you go outside unless you wear a hat all the time. I would be using copper peptides instead of tretinoin as it has healing properties.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly this whole micro needling and minoxidil stuff is really letting me down. I don't see sh*t in regrowth, after over a year. I'm maintaining, however, i do believe i am now thinning more in some areas. this is starting to piss me off. All these people with results... i don't get it. i'm doing needling once every 2 weeks. i think i'll up it to once a week.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly this whole micro needling and minoxidil stuff is really letting me down. I don't see sh*t in regrowth, after over a year. I'm maintaining, however, i do believe i am now thinning more in some areas. this is starting to piss me off. All these people with results... i don't get it. i'm doing needling once every 2 weeks. i think i'll up it to once a week.
try oral

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Try needling once a week with oral and topical miox .

Reactions: 300

aphton

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was easy? Of course not, I also feel lazy and I'm not in the mood, but I'm going through the routine.
this is one of the few qualities that make me respect someone insanely!
people having dedication / consistency or power to commit. people staying true to their goals, morals, values, having integrity / backbone!

thanks for all your input, chen! much appreciated, even after years. btw.. how is it going?

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you use 5% minoxidil? Check the quality of what you're using. And yeah do 1x/week needling.

Edit: good article to improve minoxidil results

what's considered good quality? I use 5% rogaine. should i use another brand?

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you use 5% minoxidil? Check the quality of what you're using. And yeah do 1x/week needling.

Edit: good article to improve minoxidil results

what's a good quality brand of 5% minoxidil? i use rogaine... but i don't know if that's good enough.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
what's a good quality brand of 5% minoxidil? i use rogaine... but i don't know if that's good enough.
Minoxidil is minoxidil. Use the cheapest stuff you can find, which is kirkland's.. Alternatively I can compound a minoxidil solution to match your ph and epigenome for just 199 for a one month supply.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny you're asking about a better minoxidil version. Couple of days ago this guy posted results on tressless;

He did needling 1mm/week and used nanoxidil.

The creators allege it increases its penetration into the skin making it work better than min.
Nanoxidil???? First time i hear of this. ahem::::

1. why isn't everyone using this?
2. is it FDA approved?
3. does it work better?

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nanoxidil???? First time i hear of this. ahem::::

1. why isn't everyone using this?
2. is it FDA approved?
3. does it work better?
oh this is funny. So nanoxidil has been out for years apparently. But no conclusive studies have been made. A placebo group wasn't used. Further studies are needed. ..... what the f*** are they waiting for????? do drug companies get off on minoxidil and propecia?????

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For those who have been following this thread closely such as @Pigeon, do you notice a pattern in terms of frequency of rolling and results?

I was shocked to see some good responders are rolling very frerquently, one of them 1mm/day. That somehow does not sit well with me when I think that regeneration is due to healing... makes me think it is minoxidil absorption.

Reactions: 300

ratty

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems 1-1.5mm, 1x/week is the "best" protocol from the success stories I've seen. But to be honest, I think it depends on the person. Some people heal very quick, others don't. Adjust to your personal situation, if you don't heal fast, don't needle every week but every 10-14 days.

Which derma rollers / pens do you recommend?

Derek Clapton

Reaction score
A cheap electric pen is good enough. Look in the opening post, check what he used.
What's the benefit of electric over manual? It seems from the studies that they go deeper.

I've previously tried using a 1mm once a week and a 0.25mm more often and saw no results, but recently read that studies found 0.6mm to be more effective than 1mm, but then if you use manual it seems it doesn't go as deep, so maybe I need 0.75mm to get the 0.6mm depth.

Remi12456

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was shocked to see some good responders are rolling very frerquently, one of them 1mm/day. That somehow does not sit well with me when I think that regeneration is due to healing... makes me think it is minoxidil absorption.

Who is it, please?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those who have been following this thread closely such as @Pigeon, do you notice a pattern in terms of frequency of rolling and results?

Some people can get results just from increased sulfotransferase expression, which will make minoxidil a lot more effective. Minoxidil doesn't need any help with absorption. Neogenesis comes from healing, but neogenesis is very difficult to achieve. I think what most people are seeing is increased minoxidil response due to upregulation of sulfotransferase, and primarily upregulation of various growth factors and Wnt proteins that occurs each time you needle

Last edited: