Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly this whole micro needling and minoxidil stuff is really letting me down. I don't see sh*t in regrowth, after over a year. I'm maintaining, however, i do believe i am now thinning more in some areas. this is starting to piss me off. All these people with results... i don't get it. i'm doing needling once every 2 weeks. i think i'll up it to once a week.
You may not want to read this, and sorry if you tried it already, but what about adding finasteride or dutasteride orally?

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no, all hairs need DHT to grow. body hair is an example.
scalp hairs have DHT a lot of years before puberty, sebaceous gland need this hormone to make sebum.
Till scientists dont take the idea never we shall advance.....

Unless you subscribe to the chemical castration theory of hair growth, well then it's not science. It's amazing to me that they still talk about DHT causing hair to fall out. "If you remove DHT, hair grows, therefore DHT causes alopecia." That's the classic science nonsequitur. Here is the same flawed principle that losing weight means to "eat less and move more," simply on account of the observable fact that if you acutely reduce calories, weight is often lost. But this tells you absolutely nothing about what's going on with the underlying condition. Moreover, the results are impermanent or ephemeral as well as detrimental in many ways. Here is a perfect analogy for the parochial science-based reddit way of thinking that attenuates progress in understanding pattern hair loss.

Science is just really really stupid. A company like Reviv basically throws a bunch of peer reviewed papers into a vial and sells it. Each active ingredient is backed by these discrete bits of knowledge in the form of studies. Clever chemistry tricks are used to transport the active ingredients. The last part is actually more like a type of engineering, not science, insofar as it is involves 'making things work' in the material world. But science itself, the epistemological framework, seems woefully ill equipped to understand the first thing about hair loss in terms of the organism and the system. No one in the science business considers pattern hair loss to be a symptom of a non-trivial underlying disease, which is kind of mindblowing. They also wrongly call it 'androgenetic alopecia' and of course the name of a thing always delimits the way we can think about it and devise treatments for it.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
If DHT & testosterone cause hair loss in men—why does nearly all hair loss in men come during the years when all the data points to a simultaneous decline in DHT & T lvls?

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You may not want to read this, and sorry if you tried it already, but what about adding finasteride or dutasteride orally?
I tried finasteride years ago orally, it fucked with my hormones. I absolutely do not want to go that route again.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If DHT & testosterone cause hair loss in men—why does nearly all hair loss in men come during the years when all the data points to a simultaneous decline in DHT & T lvls?
It's interesting that it comes when DHT is still high, but prolactin is increasing.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously hair follicles become more sensitive to it as we age.
Just like every other cell in the body. The older it gets the less it can tolerate stress

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about trying to increase autophagy through fasting, intense exercise or supplements?
In addition to microneedling once every 2 weeks (now recently upped to once per week), minoxidil, biotin pills, MSM pills, and Collagen peptides mixed in a glass of water daily, my hair still looks like it is on life support and dying. Supplements won't do anything. not for me at least.

Reactions: 300

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about trying to increase autophagy through fasting, intense exercise or supplements
That couldn't be anything but beneficial in the long run. In the short-term the stress of fasting can cause shedding, but clearing out senescent cells helps healthy cells proliferate. SASP has been associated with Androgenetic Alopecia.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
In addition to microneedling once every 2 weeks (now recently upped to once per week), minoxidil, biotin pills, MSM pills, and Collagen peptides mixed in a glass of water daily, my hair still looks like it is on life support and dying. Supplements won't do anything. not for me at least.
Try bicalutamide 60mg and oestrogel once daily.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try bicalutamide 60mg and oestrogel once daily.
I looked them up. Bicalumatide seems to mess with the hormones. That I cannot go near. I already had a bad experience with finasteride. Oestrogel... did you mean estrogel?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

Discipline hair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys.. please answer :

is there anything that can be done to retain these new hair obtained by microneedling, suppose one develops sides or tolerance to the medication ?

Also, are people getting Terminal Hair from microneedling plus minoxidil, which can be grown long ?