Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I need your opinion on my donor. The transplant forum isn't answering any questions.

I'll give my regimen 1 year 3 months more and after that I'm going for a transplant but I have diffuse thinning and a couple of doctors said they don't operate on diffuse thinners because their donor could be bad. I no longer need a transplant on my hairline because my current regimen is literally doing magic there. The concern is asymmetrical diffuse thinning crown that's very see through no matter the length of my hair.

Hf2NKU9.jpg

EDIT - The doctors aren't seeing me in person because of COVID 19 so I had to send pictures.

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest I wouldn't put any grafts there. Enough good hairstyles you can pull off if you have hair on the top of your head.

I'd just shave it in the back.

I'm hoping the microneedling keeps working and the gains spread backwards towards the crown. I lost my hairline relatively recently and the first to go was the crown. The lighting is very flattering here but I think it could work with just a little sprinkle of toppik. Let's see what the next year and three months bring.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried the needling/min combo once/week and every other week for a good 9 months or so and never saw much of anything. I decided to try a daily 1mm daily to see if it does anything. On a side note, i must have used too much min last night because i woke up in the middle of the night with my heart racing. Was kind of a scary feeling. Only had that happen once before

Ramsey A.

My Regimen
Reaction score
I need your opinion on my donor. The transplant forum isn't answering any questions.

I'll give my regimen 1 year 3 months more and after that I'm going for a transplant but I have diffuse thinning and a couple of doctors said they don't operate on diffuse thinners because their donor could be bad. I no longer need a transplant on my hairline because my current regimen is literally doing magic there. The concern is asymmetrical diffuse thinning crown that's very see through no matter the length of my hair.

View attachment 144039

EDIT - The doctors aren't seeing me in person because of COVID 19 so I had to send pictures.

What’s your regimen?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Right after lots of deliberation I'm going back to my original plan of a Derminator 2.

Those who use this more than once a week / 2 weeks, are you just doing a quick pass over in-between your 30 minute or whatever Folica protocol session?

I'm just thinking doing 30 mins daily at a lower needle depth doesn't seem all that feasible?

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s your regimen?

Finasteride - quit 9 to 10 months ago and was on it for yearssssssssss.
Dutasteride - started 9 to 10 months ago.
Minoxidil - Many years
Dermarolling once or twice a week up until few months ago.

All of the above not much regrowth with bad shed here and there and coming back to baseline and that's it.

A few months ago started dermarolling with this

4sUy2DdKvQaC_kBgZCTLz88QqZjMm576U0-XRlj2NMjHhuNb_u8GOU1FNICBDscbEcA6u49hkGTwP_DPEXcvOlVwo0GtND2Y.jpg

Used it every other day 1.5mm but lightly just to create uniform redness and started regrowing hair. Big regrowth coming up with those tiny hairs that are "supposed" to be vellus growing longer and relatively thicker. Sometimes I used a pen because I have extra cartridges layin' around. New regimen will be Monday and Tuesday roller and pen on Friday with Saturday and Sunday off.

Crown isn't regrowing anything and could be in a shed. All regrowth in the front.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
I have struggled with the once per week microneedling - sounds pathetic I know but doing anything once per week doesn't work for me in the sense that it disappears from my radar for 7 days and I forget or get lazy. Paradoxically I do better when i can tell myself I am doing something to help every day. So I have just started microneedling at 1mm using Derminator 1 every other morning, applying Regaine morning and night every day except the days i microneedle when I just apply in the evening. I don't think it matters which regime you follow. Just pick one and stick it out building good data. Be your own lab.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
I have struggled with the once per week microneedling - sounds pathetic I know but doing anything once per week doesn't work for me in the sense that it disappears from my radar for 7 days and I forget or get lazy. Paradoxically I do better when i can tell myself I am doing something to help every day. So I have just started microneedling at 1mm using Derminator 1 every other morning, applying Regaine morning and night every day except the days i microneedle when I just apply in the evening. I don't think it matters which regime you follow. Just pick one and stick it out building good data. Be your own lab.

How does your scalp look after 1mm? Just trying to work out how deep to go when I get mine

orphanfunkhouser

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apart from just making minoxidil work better, do you think the microneedling + minoxidil combo will generally help hold onto minoxidil results for longer than just using minoxidil?

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
How does your scalp look after 1mm? Just trying to work out how deep to go when I get mine

Scalp looks almost unchanged to be honest. The Regaine does sting a bit 8 hours later but only for a few seconds. I have tried 1.5mm with Derminator 1 before and then dabbed a paper napkin showing a handful of red blood spots but nothing like the redness or bleeding some have reported. I guess everyone is different. I'm not sweating on exact combination of depth and frequency yet just trying something for 4 weeks minimum and observing carefully.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Scalp looks almost unchanged to be honest. The Regaine does sting a bit 8 hours later but only for a few seconds. I have tried 1.5mm with Derminator 1 before and then dabbed a paper napkin showing a handful of red blood spots but nothing like the redness or bleeding some have reported. I guess everyone is different. I'm not sweating on exact combination of depth and frequency yet just trying something for 4 weeks minimum and observing carefully.

Yeah I guess the thickness of everyone's scalp is different, I think it's best to have something you can handle and will stick too rather than go too deep and give up after a few goes.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which shampoo is the best shampoo to use ?while on minoxidil+micro needling regimen ..
Not sure if it's the "best" but I use PURA D'OR Gold Label Anti-Thinning Biotin shampoo. Kinda pricey for shampoo but I only use it the day of and a couple days after needling so it lasts me a while.

drakl

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to start microneedling as soon as possible. I bought a Dr. Pen A6 and Minoxidil but I really don’t know which regimen to try.

I’ve seen many different versions of the procedure: daily, weekly, biweekly, 1.5mm depth, 0.8mm depth, etc.

I would like to try a microneedling regimen that has proven to be somewhat effective to at least some people and also not having to be too careful with the sun hitting my scalp (where I live, the sun is really harsh during the summer).

Thanks in advance.