Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to start microneedling as soon as possible. I bought a Dr. Pen A6 and Minoxidil but I really don’t know which regimen to try.

I’ve seen many different versions of the procedure: daily, weekly, biweekly, 1.5mm depth, 0.8mm depth, etc.

I would like to try a microneedling regimen that has proven to be somewhat effective to at least some people and also not having to be too careful with the sun hitting my scalp (where I live, the sun is really harsh during the summer).

Thanks in advance.

Wear a hat during summer...

Liquidbanana

My Regimen
Reaction score
Greetings again.

Here's a link to my original post in this thread back on page 525.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

I wish I was here to proclaim that I have conquered hairloss...alas, I am not. I messed up. Messed up BIG TIME.

The company I worked for for nearly 7 years, had a total layoff mid February and 500 people lost their jobs, including yours' truly. My fiancé and I had to move back in with my mum, and then of course, COVID hit the States and I was stuck in quarantine for over two months. Suffice to say, I was in a very bad place. Still am, I suppose.

While dealing with all this, I basically did nothing but smoke pot, play video games and sulk. Of course my micro-needling and minoxidil regime fell to the wayside. And of course, my NINE months of agonizing, bloody progress was washed away like a pebble in a raging river.

Am I back to where I was at baseline? No, but I'm not far off.

But I restarted back on June 25th. There's little point posting any progress as it's only been 2.5 weeks. But if all my attempts from before are any indication, I'll be seeing some decent results around the 2 or 3 month mark. So I'll be back then with, hopefully, similar good news and photo comparisons that I had brought last year.

I leave you with a bit of advice. IF you have results, no matter how small, for the love of god...DO NOT STOP. Take a break for 2 or 3 weeks, but that's it, no longer than that. I washed away 9 months of progress in the span of 2 or 3 months and have been kicking myself in the *** since.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to start microneedling as soon as possible. I bought a Dr. Pen A6 and Minoxidil but I really don’t know which regimen to try.

I’ve seen many different versions of the procedure: daily, weekly, biweekly, 1.5mm depth, 0.8mm depth, etc.

I would like to try a microneedling regimen that has proven to be somewhat effective to at least some people and also not having to be too careful with the sun hitting my scalp (where I live, the sun is really harsh during the summer).

Thanks in advance.

What's the issue with sun and a needles head?

Also is this an issue for all depths or just if you go deep?

I'm planning on using a derma roller every day at 1mm so just want to make sure I'm not risking anything going outside after.

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When will the small fine hair growing from Minoxidil turn into real thick hair?

Very slowly.

I thought some of those tiny hairs regrowing on my hairline are just going to stay that way but microneedling started pushing them out without shedding them and they just seemed to grow thicker and longer somehow. It made no sense in the beginning and I thought I was seeing things that I wanted to see but then some more grew longer in spite of being as you call them fine hair.

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn my hairline is fighting back.

More hair regrowing in the front now. It's not just one or two now here and there but easily more than a hundred in just the middle part of the hairline. My front of the hairline is like Maluma with three parts. The middle part of the hairline is oriented forward, the left grows sharply to the left and the right grows sharply to the right. Both these right and left part of the hairline easily have more than 50 each.

Will continue monday, tuesday and friday dermarolling from now on no matter what.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

More hair regrowing in the front now. It's not just one or two now here and there but easily more than a hundred in just the middle part of the hairline. My front of the hairline is like Maluma with three parts. The middle part of the hairline is oriented forward, the left grows sharply to the left and the right grows sharply to the right. Both these right and left part of the hairline easily have more than 50 each.

Will continue monday, tuesday and friday dermarolling from now on no matter what.
Same with me. I can really see the hairs really well right after needling when the skin is red. Just need them to turn terminal but a positive sign nonetheless.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score

Pics?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the best dermaroling regimen weekly, daily, every other day?

Every hour with a min depth of 5cm ;)

I don't think anyone knows tbh but daily at approx 1mm - 1.5mm seems the most promising. Then there's also needling too, which seems best once every two weeks at 0.8mm I think according to the Folica protocol.

I'm going for 1mm daily and then once my Derminator 2 arrives I'll add in micro needling every two weeks with it too.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every hour with a min depth of 5cm ;)

I don't think anyone knows tbh but daily at approx 1mm - 1.5mm seems the most promising. Then there's also needling too, which seems best once every two weeks at 0.8mm I think according to the Folica protocol.

I'm going for 1mm daily and then once my Derminator 2 arrives I'll add in micro needling every two weeks with it too.
5cm that needs a jack hummer not a dermaroller.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I needled my scalp yesterday and my scalp was kicking like a baby in the womb does that mean the hear is kicking to grow l?

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32500595/

I can't find the whole paper, not even on Library Genesis, but they report on a case of a 70 year old bald man who had received no previous treatment (which I assume means no treatment ever) getting some regrowth with needling and minoxidil, although the abstract doesn't say how much regrowth exactly.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys kinda off topic but what do you say about microneedling for the face? I read it's very good and healthy for the skin.
@pegasus2 as the biggest advocator for microneedling, did you try it on the face?

theGloriousFollicle

My Regimen
Reaction score

The more frequent the better, but then how deep should you go?

I will switch to 0.5-1mm daily or every other day, with 1.5+mm every 2 weeks. I'm not sure how deep I should go tho. Skin on my crown is maybe 2-3x thicker than temples. I have seen many claims that deeper than 1.5-2mm "damage follicles" but I'm not sure about that. I have gone 2-3mm on my crown couple of times now fingers crossed.

5cm that needs a jack hummer not a dermaroller.

I entertain the idea everytime I stare at my crown.

NAVI

Established Member
Reaction score
Can u do it if u have scalp acne even if there are a couple of them
I think many here have scalp acne atl2ast a mild form.how do you do that. It's difficult to avoid rolling over acne because they are sometimes not even visible. Would doing dermarolling lead to breakout.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say as often as you can after you have somewhat healed from the last procedure. For me that is every two to 3 days with 1.7mm needling depth, going relatively hard until my scalp is covered in blood drops.
Maybe I'd do it more often if I wasn't working in an office environment and using toppik. I can hardly show up with a bloody scalp people would freak out and ask stupid questions.

I wonder what will happen to our scalps longterm though. I already feel as if mine has become much more sturdy within a few months. Maybe we will get callused skin on the top of our heads impervious to knife attacks who knows.

resu

Reaction score
What 'rollers are you guys using? I want to buy a 1mm genuine with titatium needles, not some chink POS with bent needles.