Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been using Derminator 2 (1,5 mm once per week) and Minoxidil 2 times/day for 1 year and 3 months now. I’ve had really good results with great regrowth.

I’m a little bit worried though that the results will start to fade soon since I’ve heard that Minoxidil only works for approximately 2 years. Do you think my results will start to disappear soon because of the Minoxidil loosing its effect?
No.For example, if you use the minoxidil combination power is 10, and your hair loss power is 5 at this time, you will be recovering all the time. If the minoxidil power is 10 after 10 years, and the minoxidil power remains the same, you will not lose the effect. I wonder if you can understand me. By the way, do you have any skin side effects, dark circles or aging skin? thank you!

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's slightly more complicated than that.

A good FUE surgeon would be cherry-picking a lot of grafts (from the donor areas) with more/thicker hairs than average. That can increase the recipient area's effective density to beyond the raw graft numbers.

Can they do truly pre-hair-loss density? No. But your thinning areas had probably miniaturized below that benchmark by the time you were 16-17 years old.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't work like that. My hair was thicker in my mid 20s than at any time in my life.

Then you're an exception. That is not how it works for most people.

The androgen damage to the follicles basically starts accumulating at puberty. Most guys (even with only small/moderate lifetime baldness) have thickest hair during their teens.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't work like that. My hair was thicker in my mid 20s than at any time in my life. I've never seen a hair transplant that's even close to the density I want. Maybe a couple that look that way from certain angles. The vast majority have density that looks like sh*t. Even the cases promoted by the surgeons themselves, which are only the best results.
Good transplant's density doesnt look like sh*t, it can look very good, you just have really high expectation, or at least you wish for too much.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good transplant's density doesnt look like sh*t, it can look very good, you just have really high expectation, or at least you wish for too much.

Yes, I'm a perfectionist. Good hair is good enough for average Joe, but not for me. Hair transplant density is only going to make you a regular Joe. I'm already better than average Joe even with a shaved head. The point here is to get back to being perfect, and hair transplant density isn't it.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's also not permanent. You keep losing hair which foliicles are sensitive to DHT so overtime your density looks like sh*t

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think the androgen damage accumulates theory really holds water. Androgenetic Alopecia starts when the epigenetic clock says it starts. It can be sooner or later depending on environmental factors, but it doesn't just accumulate from childhood.

Not childhood. Puberty. The follicles get blasted with years of heavy androgen exposure.

The damage accumulates in a snowballing fashion. Earlier in adulthood the androgen levels are high. But the snowball isn't moving very big/fast yet so it's not very visible. In later years the androgen levels are dropping from old age. But the snowball is already big and moving. A lot of damage is already done and it takes very little androgen exposure to continue the deterioration.

Androgen damage is only one of the complicated factors involved in shutting down our hair follicles. So of course this isn't the whole story. But it's a big portion of it.

This is generally backed up by evidence of men going through abnormal hormonal changes (natural, artificial, etc). Science doesn't fund very much hair loss research but they do make observations about hair during other research. The endo system as a whole has been studied for generations.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I add it to my Minoxidil, can't say it it's helping or not

I thought you couldn't just add Sandalore to minoxidil and it will work? Sandalore is water insoluble so as soon as it comes into contact with the water in your minoxidil mixture it will preciptate and become ineffective.. You have to mix it with ethanol first, wait a period of time (not sure exactly how long this is) and only then you can put it into your minxodiil.

(You may already be doing this, so I apologise if you are)

Last edited:

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's also not permanent. You keep losing hair which foliicles are sensitive to DHT so overtime your density looks like sh*t
Not true. I have seen people post several years, even ten, after a transplant, and they still got their hair.
If you talking about the real long term, so ye I guess that for most people, man and women, hair is getting thin and fall over time, as part of aging, in which basically your whole body kinda falling part with time...

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair transplant is a life long commitment with procedures to move more hair from donor area over time as DHT sensitive hair will continue to miniaturize. At one point you have to decide where you want the diffused scalp to be. That's why cloning is best but unfortunately unreachable yet.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hen explain how you can inject a 40 year old bald eunuch with testosterone and he goes bald, but the same doesn't happen to a 20 year old eunuch? They've both been exposed to androgens for the same length of time.

There's a lot of stuff going on in the male pattern baldness process and we don't understand it all. The skin & immune environment seems to be generally more conducive to hair miniaturization as you get older. Also, a 20yo and a 40yo endo system wouldn't even respond to exogenous Test quite the same way.

I'm just talking about natural accumulation of androgen damage in a normal male endo system. That ball starts rolling at puberty.

I would be curious to see the results of treating teenagers with something like topical RU58841 for a few years. How would their baldness progress vs a control group? I suspect they would suffer less severe lifetime hair loss.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The miniaturization does start early. It doesn't get recognized until years later. For most guys the first 30-50% or more of the miniaturization process doesn't rate as a visible hair loss. (Guys on the forums get into lengthy debates about what that percentage is. Whatever. The bottom line is that it's a significant amount.)

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got a couple questions about micro-needling and was wondering if anybody could help answer?

1) Is using a dermapen less painful then using a manual derma stamp? At 1.5mm I'm finding my dermastamp to be quite painful.

2) Are there numbing creams that can be applied to the scalp before microneedling? (Also is this safe to do regularly?)

3) I've seen some users report that they didn't respond to minoxidil at all but after microneedling with minoxidil they're responding? As a non responder to minoxidil i'm intrigued, Does anyone know why this could be?

Last edited:

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) I suggest you invest in a $10 stamp and figure it out by yourself. It's hard to relegate pain feelings over text. Also in my judgment pain means it works. No pain something is fishy.
2) I use Lidocaine 5% when I microneedled at 2.5mm
3) Microneedling by itself doesn't work but responding better with minoxidil could be caused by better absorption or better blood flow or simply wounding with pge2 is a good recipe for neogenesis which won't happen without wounding. The two seem to go well together based on foliica patent.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) I suggest you invest in a $10 stamp and figure it out by yourself. It's hard to relegate pain feelings over text. Also in my judgment pain means it works. No pain something is fishy.
3) Microneedling by itself doesn't work but responding better with minoxidil could be caused by better absorption or better blood flow or simply wounding with pge2 is a good recipe for neogenesis which won't happen without wounding. The two seem to go well together based on foliica patent.
I can add to this. I have no pain on 3mm and got no results. Lowkey feeling like Steve-O

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I do have a stamp that I use, I've used it a fair few times in the past, not sure if the blades get blunt overtime and can cause more pain? Oh as a side note I do tend to draw blood with my stamp.