Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
What 'rollers are you guys using? I want to buy a 1mm genuine with titatium needles, not some chink POS with bent needles.

Dr. Pen Ultima A6. I am pretty satisfied with it, but I don't know if it makes such a difference. It's not rocket science needles vibrate and penetrate your skin. You should discharge needles regularly anyways. Mine are always full of blood and skin and that's hard to clean completely.

resu

Reaction score
Cheers lads, that's what I was guessing that people moved to pens. Cleaning the scalp with Betadine is probably a good idea. I've read horror stories with rollers and scarring from the needles not being surgery grade, having bent needles, needles falling off and so forth, not a good idea to risk doing more harm if it can be avoided.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder what will happen to our scalps longterm though. I already feel as if mine has become much more sturdy within a few months. Maybe we will get callused skin on the top of our heads impervious to knife attacks who knows.

I'm still hoping to hear a refutation of the claim that chronic wounding is a cancer risk

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still hoping to hear a refutation of the claim that chronic wounding is a cancer risk

The Follica protocol is not chronic wounding. If you're wounding daily then who knows what might happen.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not repeated indefinitely, and it has time to heal between sessions. I think I read somewhere that it's repeated 9 times, but don't quote me on that.

I see, so the idea is generate new follicles and then keep them alive with minoxidil, if it's been settled that they're using m, I haven't been keeping up with that. Unlikely that they don't have some AA in there.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the newly generated follicles where the androgen-insensitive variety? Unlikely, but wish someone would look into that possibility.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see, so the idea is generate new follicles and then keep them alive with minoxidil, if it's been settled that they're using m, I haven't been keeping up with that. Unlikely that they don't have some AA in there.

The first iteration will be minoxidil. I imagine they will recommend that you be on finasteride too or some other AA. Here's Cotsareli's latest patent. It appears their end goal with Follica is to use FGF9 to activate shh. They also might use a Smo agonist. This version of the treatment won't be available for a long time though, if ever.

RB1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone please clarify: I have the Dr. Pen A6, is it best to use straight lines, or circular motions? I've seen both methods suggested online. Also, in the below video at 6 minutes - he explains how to use the A6 so it 'follows' follica's protocol as best as possible. I aint a mathematician....can someone please explain in layman terms exact time duration required per centimeter of head using the A6? Thanks.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Follica patent thread has all the details on this. Have you read the first couple of pages on that thread? I suspect the guy on that video is scrubbing the same info on this forum and presenting on his channel to make some money but the info is already there.

RB1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Follica patent thread has all the details on this. Have you read the first couple of pages on that thread? I suspect the guy on that video is scrubbing the same info on this forum and presenting on his channel to make some money but the info is already there.
Cool thanks man. I will re-read that thread very closely. The above dude says the Dr. Pen is 'made' to be used in circular motions, that kinda confused me. Think I'll just copy this dude

Ramsey A.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I seen good results so far from micro needling and minoxidil..will it effect the gains if I changed to different brands of minoxidil?

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I have also just started microneedling and will use the derminator 2 in conjunction with a laser helmet and minoxidil.

I am still a bit undecided about the protocol. So far I have needled twice, at 0.25 and at 0.50. I was thinking of needling at 0.25 every other day to help minoxidil absorption and at 0.75 or 1.00 every two weeks.
I will keep you updated. I am a woman by the way.

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True :) But I believe in LLLT! And it will help me heal faster.
I am also taking dutasteride.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True :) But I believe in LLLT! And it will help me heal faster.
I am also taking dutasteride.
The excess body hair from systemic minoxidil is pretty rough and barely tolerable as a male, I hope the rolling doesn't do the same to you

ErikW

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been using Derminator 2 (1,5 mm once per week) and Minoxidil 2 times/day for 1 year and 3 months now. I’ve had really good results with great regrowth.

I’m a little bit worried though that the results will start to fade soon since I’ve heard that Minoxidil only works for approximately 2 years. Do you think my results will start to disappear soon because of the Minoxidil loosing its effect?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been using Derminator 2 (1,5 mm once per week) and Minoxidil 2 times/day for 1 year and 3 months now. I’ve had really good results with great regrowth.

I’m a little bit worried though that the results will start to fade soon since I’ve heard that Minoxidil only works for approximately 2 years. Do you think my results will start to disappear soon because of the Minoxidil loosing its effect?
there is no evidence that minoxidil+ dermarolling will fade in that extent of time.
the two famous studies about minoxidil+ dermarolling suggest otherwise
of course everyone's diff