Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Omg, I did notice hair growing all over my body when I started this protocol, but holy crap... I didn't think I had it so bad. It's a bit funny actually, I'm going to probably shave it from my hands and around my eyes.

I have always had big eyelashes, but now it looks like I'm wearing mascara!

Attachments

• IMG_20200116_201613.jpg
    IMG_20200116_201613.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_20200116_201132_1.jpg
    IMG_20200116_201132_1.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_20200116_200435_1_1.jpg
    IMG_20200116_200435_1_1.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 539

hahahamyhairisdead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Omg, I did notice hair growing all over my body when I started this protocol, but holy crap... I didn't think I had it so bad. It's a bit funny actually, I'm going to probably shave it from my hands and around my eyes.

I have always had big eyelashes, but now it looks like I'm wearing mascara!

>pics
That's why I don't use minoxidil.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that all it's called, Zix? I can't find it online.

Also, do you think zix + minoxidil would be a good combo?

most of the people use them in combination

check out the 3d

its zinc sulfate + pyridoxine + ethyl alcohol

it depends of the severity of your hairloss

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Experience report: 36 needles instead of 10/12

Since the Follica trial slides leaked (which state that needle density is a very important aspect of the protocol), I promised I would try to pick up needling again and see if, with higher needle density, it would work for me.

Quick reminder: I am using minoxidil once a day for 7 years already and tried needling at 1.75mm for more than 6 months in 2019 without any regrowth whatsoever. In other words, I am a non-responder to needling so far (but not to minoxidil - minoxidil helps me but I've already reached peak regrowth on minoxidil). Currently age 30, NW4.

So yesterday I tried needling with a 36 needle head (instead of the previous 10 or 12 needle heads) and the result: it does not work. They do not penetrate into my skin at all. I guess the force per needle is too small. It was more like massaging/hammering my skin from the outside, but the needles didn't go in one single bit, not even with significant force/pressure.

The thing is that the needles on the 36 needle head are not as thin as the needles on the 10/12 needle headers. That might be part of the reason why they did not penetrate into my skin at all, they are less pointy. I'm using the TBPHP dermaneedling device and ordered the official heads from TBPHP. Maybe with other, pricier devices 36 needle heads will work?

Anyway: 36 TBPHP needles cannot penetrate my skin.

I'd love to try a needle count in the middle between 12 and 36, but unfortunately TBPHP does not offer other needle heads for my device.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score

Since the Follica trial slides leaked (which state that needle density is a very important aspect of the protocol), I promised I would try to pick up needling again and see if, with higher needle density, it would work for me.

Quick reminder: I am using minoxidil once a day for 7 years already and tried needling at 1.75mm for more than 6 months in 2019 without any regrowth whatsoever. In other words, I am a non-responder to needling so far (but not to minoxidil - minoxidil helps me but I've already reached peak regrowth on minoxidil). Currently age 30, NW4.

So yesterday I tried needling with a 36 needle head (instead of the previous 10 or 12 needle heads) and the result: it does not work. They do not penetrate into my skin at all. I guess the force per needle is too small. It was more like massaging/hammering my skin from the outside, but the needles didn't go in one single bit, not even with significant force/pressure.

The thing is that the needles on the 36 needle head are not as thin as the needles on the 10/12 needle headers. That might be part of the reason why they did not penetrate into my skin at all, they are less pointy. I'm using the TBPHP dermaneedling device and ordered the official heads from TBPHP. Maybe with other, pricier devices 36 needle heads will work?

I'd love to try a needle count in the middle between 12 and 36, but unfortunately TBPHP does not offer other needle heads for my device.
Thanks for reporting back. Feedback is always welcome.

Newbie15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello I am new to this forum. I am currently 22 years old and experiencing male pattern baldness since 18. I am currently on Morr-f 5 from 6 months and before that minoxidil for 2 years(regaine5). I think I have peaked my gains with minoxidil and loosing hair slowly. I am currently at Norwood 2.5.
My question is since I am new to microneedling theead. I want to start dermarolling. But I am confused what should i use . Should I do weekly dermarolling at 1.5mm for wounding or should I use daily for better topical penetration at below 1mm. Kindly someone guide me.
Thanks

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I disagree.

I am too using 36 needle cartridges and the sting was worse than 12 cartridges when I applied minoxidil afterwards. The sting was more dense compared too 12 needle cartridge.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Oh man, that sucks. Well I guess it's back to 12 pin head and you'll have to do it longer. I have DUPA and I have to do my entire head, which takes a really long time.

Do you think using minoxidil once a day is enough? I'm currently using it only once because of the hassle it's putting it on, maybe I should buy the foam.

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not only does it sting more but I'm much more sore with a 36 needle cartridge. I have failed so far to apply the high frequency protocol with 36 needle because of the soreness. I'm going twice a week now where as before I was "one day on/two day off".

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

When i was using a pen the 36 needle cartridges penetrated fine, i was using the dr pen ultima a6 at 2.5mm

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh man, that sucks. Well I guess it's back to 12 pin head and you'll have to do it longer. I have DUPA and I have to do my entire head, which takes a really long time.

Do you think using minoxidil once a day is enough? I'm currently using it only once because of the hassle it's putting it on, maybe I should buy the foam.

This is how I proceed. I give everything a long period of time.

Finasteride - Many many years with me very slowly losing ground. Zero regrowth and just stabilization.
Dutasteride - Next obvious step was dutasteride - 7 months so far I think, maybe 6. I started in the middle of last year. I intend to give it 2 years minimum because of hair cycle but it look like I will have to take it forever considering that it has already increased the density of my diffuse hair loss. This means stopping will lead to me losing that new density
Minoxidil - Once a day for 3 years and nothing much to note.
Minoxidil - Now I'm on twice a day because that's the obvious step.
Dermarolling - Tried every two weeks which initially worked and then stalled. I then went down to every week and now 2-3 times a week depending upon how many needles there are in my cartridge.

It's not feasible to do this for many many months so I'm only giving this until the end of April and after that it's back to twice a month because the higher frequency is painful.

But note that once you take that extra step then going back becomes difficult. If you have diffuse thinning and twice a day improved you a little bit then going back to once a day if you start thinking that it's a hassle will lead to a shed. I read a lot of stories before I decided to commit to twice a day.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is how I proceed. I give everything a long period of time.

Finasteride - Many many years with me very slowly losing ground. Zero regrowth and just stabilization.
Dutasteride - Next obvious step was dutasteride - 7 months so far I think, maybe 6. I started in the middle of last year. I intend to give it 2 years minimum because of hair cycle but it look like I will have to take it forever considering that it has already increased the density of my diffuse hair loss. This means stopping will lead to me losing that new density
Minoxidil - Once a day for 3 years and nothing much to note.
Minoxidil - Now I'm on twice a day because that's the obvious step.
Dermarolling - Tried every two weeks which initially worked and then stalled. I then went down to every week and now 2-3 times a week depending upon how many needles there are in my cartridge.

It's not feasible to do this for many many months so I'm only giving this until the end of April and after that it's back to twice a month because the higher frequency is painful.

But note that once you take that extra step then going back becomes difficult. If you have diffuse thinning and twice a day improved you a little bit then going back to once a day if you start thinking that it's a hassle will lead to a shed. I read a lot of stories before I decided to commit to twice a day.
Yeah, the amount of time it takes for this crap to show progress is painfully slow. Dsrmarolling is also painful when doing 2.0mm once every two weeks. But I think balding is even more painful.

Jambo

Reaction score
Lol what? This thread is full of success stories. Check the other rolling/minoxidil success thread, it probably has 30+ succes stories and hasn't been updated for more than half a year.

I’ve read them all. You are kidding yourself on if you believe there are 30+ success stories. There are very few that have had a significant cosmetic result and there is no evidence if they are because of dermarolling or in spite of dermarolling.

wannahaveagoodtime

My Regimen
Reaction score
Opening this thread after months. Just wanted to share my update. I Started needling in Mar-19, weekly once. First 2 months only needling. Then added Minoxidil in June-19. Started losing more hair. Continued till Sep-19. And, my hair was at its worst. Dropped Min, started Duta 0.5 mg daily. First month, the hairfall reduced by a bit. In Dec-19, started needling once every 2 weeks. Also, added He Shou Wu. Hairfall reduced significantly. Also, started taking duta 0.5mg twice a week only. I've also been on zinc supplement. Almost zero side effects. I'll give it 1-2 more months then can post before-after pics.

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You stopped minoxidil a bit early.

I can confirme 36 needles is a better option. I tried both at 1,5mm.

Btw if you guys want to use zix without it interfering with minoxidil or having a longer routine you can do this :

- minoxidil every morning
-dermaroll every evening
-Wounding every week

- minoxidil after rolling one every other evening
- Zix after rolling the day you don't use minoxidil

This way both zix and minoxidil benefit from needling and you can't lose minoxidil gain since you use it every morning.
Plus one wounding session every 2 weeks is followed by zix and the other one is followed by minoxidil.

This way your also reduce the chances of having minoxidil sides.

I think it is the best routine you can find if your loss isn't agressive. This + a vit B complex like biotin to enhance growth

Maxx79

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thanks for the report.

I've also switched recently from 12 needles to 36 needles, it's too soon to report anything (only done 2 sessions with the 36 needles), but I have no problems wounding with the 36 needle cartridge, they definitely penetrate the skin just as well as the 12 needles. I'm using 1,75mm depth with a Dermapen A6

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all I’m trying to locate the regimen of the person who dermarolls every day and has gotten amazing regrowth
I would like to mimic his regimen but not sure
If .5 every day is too much or not?