Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys just wanted to share a quick update. I’ve been on lactoferrin for quite some time now, every time I apply it my scalp feels a lot more relaxed and just feels good. I have also added Nizoral 1% twice a week and .25 dermaroller once a week. I’ve also added scalp massage for 10 minutes a day, 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes before bed. I’ve been on all these added protocols for about 3 weeks now and my scalp has never felt better. Could be coincidence but shedding has reduced dramatically and especially after massaging for 10 minutes a day my scalp feels relaxed all the time now. I did take progress pictures and will post in a few months.

I use my finger pads and this scalp massager as well. I think this scalp massager is better honestly.
https://www.amazon.com/Scalp-Massag...ocphy=1028137&hvtargid=pla-569793653480&psc=1
May I ask, what is lactoferin? Are you on minoxidil too?

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely see in your photo on the right that your hair density looks a bit better and scalp healthier looking so keep at it!
Thanks, I have added the remaining valproic acid I have to my minoxdil. Hopefully it will help a little more.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, I have added the remaining valproic acid I have to my minoxdil. Hopefully it will help a little more.
where you get that sh*t from? i looked everywhere and its only available from china

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
where you get that sh*t from? i looked everywhere and its only available from china
Yeah, pretty much from China, on Alibaba. The one I currently have is actually from Poland but only because is was part of a group buy and was given to me. Valproic acid is so cheap to make that I doubt even the Chinese will bother to give fake stuff. But then again, you always take a leap of fate when buying from China and India.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not sure if has been asked, but do you dermaroll with it?
First I do a scalp massage, then I dermawound daily with .5mm and 1.5mm - 2.0mm every two weeks or so. I then immediately apply minoxdil.

Also, sometimes right after wounding I use my red light therapy device on my scalp. I know many don't believe in red light therapy but I had a big strong device from before for my entire body, so I figured I should use it.

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am considering starting again to dermaroll but this time daily in combination with some minoxidil / finasteride combination.
Is .5 mm to deep and the solution goes systemic? Did anyone have success with 0.25 or is 0.5 the minimum?

Thanks

Creatine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on various posts on this forum, topical finasteride does go systemic though to a much lesser degree than oral. Dermarolling might increase absorption. You would have to pay attention to any sides you might experience from topical finasteride.

I had terrible sides from oral finasteride and am going to try the topical version, though don't plan on dermarolling at the start. I'm going to take the conservative approach and only apply 0.5 ml daily for 30 days and see if I experience sides.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on various posts on this forum, topical finasteride does go systemic though to a much lesser degree than oral. Dermarolling might increase absorption. You would have to pay attention to any sides you might experience from topical finasteride.

I had terrible sides from oral finasteride and am going to try the topical version, though don't plan on dermarolling at the start. I'm going to take the conservative approach and only apply 0.5 ml daily for 30 days and see if I experience sides.
the heck is "0.5ml" of finasteride?

Creatine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meant to say "use half the recommend dose of topical finasteride/minoxidil" which usually is a 1ml dropper.

GP86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the dermarolling study which showed growth used a 1.5 mm dermaroller every other week why do so many people vary from this. I’m curious as I just started dermarolling at 1.5 mm every other week but wondering if I should do more often? YouTube videos on dermarolling also have a wide discrepancy in recommended depths and frequency as well. Just want to optimize my results.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the dermarolling study which showed growth used a 1.5 mm dermaroller every other week why do so many people vary from this. I’m curious as I just started dermarolling at 1.5 mm every other week but wondering if I should do more often? YouTube videos on dermarolling also have a wide discrepancy in recommended depths and frequency as well. Just want to optimize my results.

I think it's because of Follica, people are trying to blend what they can extract from their work and mix it with this study. The hope is to get even better efficacy, but no one really knows what's the optimal depth.

Now, I'm my opinion, if you have a receding hairline, then you're out of luck. I would not even bother trying to grow any hair with this unless you're a diffuse thinner.

Temples are like black holes, you're better off waiting for hair cloning. All you'll get is maintenance.

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone currently doing daily rolling? I am planning on starting this soon too. It could potentially be the key thing (according to Follica)

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you sterilize your scalp before your daily 0.5-mm sessions?
Not really, I just wash my dermanator head with alcohol after every session and with some soap. Minoxdil contains alcohol anyway, so that also helps.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe it's because very few people have actually replicated the results of those studies. Sure, there are a lot of regrowth cases here, but most of those are also minoxidil starters so they are not isolating needling'a effect. Those who tried needling that were already on minoxidil for years hasn't fared so well, so given that, we are trying to tweak on the details to see what works best. The daily needling thing is based on a few anecdotes of a couple of dudes (one of them is @chen ). Sadly, there are still no controlled studies testing daily needling, and we still don't have enough people doing it daily to conclude anything robust.
There's nothing to lose trying the daily regime, as at least there are no reports on daily needles who have increased hairloss on such method.

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe it's because very few people have actually replicated the results of those studies. Sure, there are a lot of regrowth cases here, but most of those are also minoxidil starters so they are not isolating needling'a effect. Those who tried needling that were already on minoxidil for years hasn't fared so well, so given that, we are trying to tweak on the details to see what works best. The daily needling thing is based on a few anecdotes of a couple of dudes (one of them is @chen ). Sadly, there are still no controlled studies testing daily needling, and we still don't have enough people doing it daily to conclude anything robust.
There's nothing to lose trying the daily regime, as at least there are no reports on daily needles who have increased hairloss on such method.

No it's wrong. A lot of people had mild positive effect or no effect at all with minoxidil for years and started to gain a lot of ground when implementing dermarolling in their regime. So yes they isolated a positive effect for rolling : it enhances minoxidil results no matter if you did use it before. It's an enhancer, that's the effect.

Svensvin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been dermarolling for about 6 months on and off. Started with 1mm once a week mainly focused on hairline, where I’ve seen some new small hair appear but not much. Then went to 1.5mm once a week with no change/improval.

I have now bought a 3mm dermaroller, which hurts like hell. Thus im wondering if it’s safe to use this length. Can the needles penetrate through the galea aponeurotica and reach the sub layer?

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been dermarolling for about 6 months on and off. Started with 1mm once a week mainly focused on hairline, where I’ve seen some new small hair appear but not much. Then went to 1.5mm once a week with no change/improval.

I have now bought a 3mm dermaroller, which hurts like hell. Thus im wondering if it’s safe to use this length. Can the needles penetrate through the galea aponeurotica and reach the sub layer?

Maybe give ever-other day or even daily light microneedling a try before you start using 3mm and deep rolling, several people are doing so with great results.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Year update:

Dermarolling did absolutely nothing for me, my hair density has never been worse.

Tried different depths, frequency and tools but I've lost ground quite noticeably in 2019. Probably the most in one year since I started balding around 8 years ago at 29 yrs old.

Maybe it's just natural progression but regardless I didn't even maintain, or reduce shedding (even though I don't really shed)

Added minoxidil three months ago, but really only used it 3 or 4 times a week which probably isn't enough.

Seriously considering a hair transplant now, would at least buy me some time and this diffused mess I currently have is consuming my life so at least I can just get on with sh*t rather than living in constant fear that people are noticing the ever larger concentration of fibers and thickening products in my whispy lifeless hair. FML
Do you have pictures?

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Year update:

Dermarolling did absolutely nothing for me, my hair density has never been worse.

Tried different depths, frequency and tools but I've lost ground quite noticeably in 2019. Probably the most in one year since I started balding around 8 years ago at 29 yrs old.

Maybe it's just natural progression but regardless I didn't even maintain, or reduce shedding (even though I don't really shed)

Added minoxidil three months ago, but really only used it 3 or 4 times a week which probably isn't enough.

Seriously considering a hair transplant now, would at least buy me some time and this diffused mess I currently have is consuming my life so at least I can just get on with sh*t rather than living in constant fear that people are noticing the ever larger concentration of fibers and thickening products in my whispy lifeless hair. FML
Sounds like you where not consistent with the rogaine and didn't start rogaine until well after the dermarolling. It seems like rogaine is the key to making dermarolling work efficiently.