Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Reaction score
August on the left, today on the right. Regimen- 1× daily dermapen at .75mm. 10 minutes of scalp massage. 1x daily application of Zix and 1x daily application of 5% minoxidil. Finasteride .25 EOD.

I previously needled at a depth of 1.5mm 1x a week for 9 months and noticed no change

Attachments

• 20200107_225336-COLLAGE.jpg
    20200107_225336-COLLAGE.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 1,230

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
August on the left, today on the right. Regimen- 1× daily dermapen at .75mm. 10 minutes of scalp massage. 1x daily application of Zix and 1x daily application of 5% minoxidil. Finasteride .25 EOD.

I previously needled at a depth of 1.5mm 1x a week for 9 months and noticed no change
Do you have any super close up pics like the ones you posted almost 7 months ago? Those would be nice to better assess progress.
I can see some progress in the pics you just posted but lighting and angle might mislead conclusions, so a Pic with a magnifying glass would be great

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It's a bit deceptive because your hair on the right is clearly longer, so I can't see if there's much difference.

Reaction score
I feel my crown has improved ever so slightly. When I view my hair in certain angles I notice more hair contrasting with my scalp. Unfortunately my temples (the left one is where I initially saw improvement in May) went back to baseline after a sudden burst of growth just weeks into daily needling. I have no idea why the area didn't continue to improve.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200108-214315_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200108-214315_Chrome.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 656
  • Screenshot_20200108-214306_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200108-214306_Gallery.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 626

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess there's no difference then. I didn't state there was any improvement in my post.

To me it does look like in your photo on the right your hair density is much improved and looks great.....that said, if the length is longer than in the August photo then it’s tricky to say for sure that’s its gains from microneedling.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Y
I feel my crown has improved ever so slightly. When I view my hair in certain angles I notice more hair contrasting with my scalp. Unfortunately my temples (the left one is where I initially saw improvement in May) went back to baseline after a sudden burst of growth just weeks into daily needling. I have no idea why the area didn't continue to improve.

Yeah, up close you did get more density, I see it now. You're a diffuse thinner, so it makes sense you get results. Do you take any supplements?

Reaction score
Y

Yeah, up close you did get more density, I see it now. You're a diffuse thinner, so it makes sense you get results. Do you take any supplements?

I am taking a Kirkland's men's multivitamin and I drink 5 ml of cold-pressed castor oil daily. I chase the castor oil with Ginger Ale... terrible stuff.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Is your Zix Yellowish in color and does it stain your scalp?....if so, how do you rectify it?

Reaction score
Is your Zix Yellowish in color and does it stain your scalp?....if so, how do you rectify it?

My scalp is yellow for the first couple of weeks after I make a batch but for whatever reason ZIX (in my case) slowly loses it's dark yellow appearance. I shake the bottle before each application.

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am taking a Kirkland's men's multivitamin and I drink 5 ml of cold-pressed castor oil daily. I chase the castor oil with Ginger Ale... terrible stuff.
I actually ordered castor oil a few days ago - it's coming on the 12th. I read that cold pressed is poisonous, but I'm not entirely sure.

I do know that multivitamins are a waste of money, you should consider to what's proven in terms of vitamins. Krill oil, turmeric, and vitamin E.

I'm also taking a kitchen sink approach, but I hate that it takes so long to see results. I have noticed a lot of hair growing all over my body, which I'm sure is because of minoxdil but castor oil supposedly also has that effect.

The one thing I'm not sure of is sun exposure. I know we need it, but there's contradictory claims that it's bad for you when wounding, so wtf.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's having an effect or not... I also took note of the recent increase in its popularity and figured it couldn't hurt to add it. At this point I'm fully committed to the kitchen sink approach.
So, are you going to continue to needle daily indefinitely? I do really wanna know what happens to long-term needlers.

If eventually, there is slight progress, it would be great to see if such progress keeps stacking over time to get cosmetic improvement over time of if it just plateaus at some points or if it even lose the battle against male pattern baldness.

I havent seen any noticeable improvement in my crown, which is my shittiest area, but I am now seeing more results in my hairline, which ironically wasn't so bad. I keep seeing new hairs there, some of them even terminal. Too bad my goddamn crown still seems unchanged.

Reaction score
I will continue to daily needle and hide any evidence of my red scalp with hats. Other than when RU temporarily restored my density this is the only time in five years that I've felt optimistic