Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all I’m trying to locate the regimen of the person who dermarolls every day and has gotten amazing regrowth
I would like to mimic his regimen but not sure
If .5 every day is too much or not?

Chen got amazing results and he rolls with 1mm every day.

AlwaysSouth

My Regimen
Reaction score
Omg, I did notice hair growing all over my body when I started this protocol, but holy crap... I didn't think I had it so bad. It's a bit funny actually, I'm going to probably shave it from my hands and around my eyes.

I have always had big eyelashes, but now it looks like I'm wearing mascara!

Same with me. The hair on hands are now good quality. Thinking of body hair transplantaton. I see number of follicles containing more than one hair (2 and 3 more)

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How Dermarolling Causes Collagen Breakdown, Premature Aging, and Possibly Cancer

Skin wounds are not as benign as once thought, and research has found that skin wounds may promote basal cell carcinoma. The link between skin wounds and cancer is even more alarming if you make a wound every day due to dermarolling.

Basal cell carcinoma is a type of skin cancer whose origins are often from the cells of hair follicles, which contain stem cells that differentiate and divide to replace hair after shedding. Tumor formation occurs when the DNA within the follicular cells accumulates errors, causing unregulated cellular division. Follicular stem cells primary function is hair growth, however their functionality also extends to healing skin wounds.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score

The more I started rolling the more I did become cautious about this. Guys just take care nothing is worth this, I have had more success giving my scalp time to heal and actually letting the signals from the wounding do their work on the hair follicles rather then constant bombardment. Read the follica protocol carefully and I believe the daily disruption isnt from wounding as other have said it could be the compound they are using we dont know yet

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The more I started rolling the more I did become cautious about this. Guys just take care nothing is worth this, I have had more success giving my scalp time to heal and actually letting the signals from the wounding do their work on the hair follicles rather then constant bombardment. Read the follica protocol carefully and I believe the daily disruption isnt from wounding as other have said it could be the compound they are using we dont know yet
you read the entire follica protocol?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some updates regarding my hair situation:
1. I haven’t dermarolled in more than 2-3 months
2. Switched to Oral minoxidil 5mg daily in early november then upped the dose to 10mg daily in early december
3. shedding started in early january, picked up in mid January. Largest shed in years. Lots of wispy, thin hairs everyday on my laptop, on my hands, on my bedsheets. But still no significant decline in density. To those considering oral minoxidil: the shed is HEAVY. The shed is slowing down but still ongoing. I see it as a good sign overall.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This has been discussed earlier itt.

Do you remember approx how far back? What was the conclusion?

The way I understand it, it's not just daily wounding, but wounding in general that would be a risk

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some updates regarding my hair situation:
1. I haven’t dermarolled in more than 2-3 months
2. Switched to Oral minoxidil 5mg daily in early november then upped the dose to 10mg daily in early december
3. shedding started in early january, picked up in mid January. Largest shed in years. Lots of wispy, thin hairs everyday on my laptop, on my hands, on my bedsheets. But still no significant decline in density. To those considering oral minoxidil: the shed is HEAVY. The shed is slowing down but still ongoing. I see it as a good sign overall.
experienced the same thing when i dermarolled + minoxidil, no change in density but huge shedding for almost two months. before that 10years of minoxidl with no shedding

GP86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Scary article to say the least. Anyone know of legit dermatologists that have opined that dermarolling is safe in long term? I have been dermarolling for 4 months and haven’t seen any real results. This study and my results (or lack thereof) may convince me to drop this as part of my routine.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
AN
This concerns me a little just because I wound on my face .25mm EOD, strictly for absorption. Just not sure how much I trust something when they also address how to fix any damage done with products they are selling. Not to say it is completely off base, I'm just not scientifically inclined enough to form my own opinion, unfortunately.

Does anyone have thoughts on this and the collagen damage mentioned?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This has already been discussed. While no one knows for sure as it relates to all the claims, dermarolling has been used for quite sometime to BUILD COLLAGEN in the face etc. not to destroy it.

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I just wasted money buying 36 needle cartridges because someone here on the forum found out follica's protocol

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...croneedling-protocol-patent-disclosed.126994/

• The primary target is to produce 1600 thin needle wounds per cm² every two weeks (their preferred parameter configuration is: using a 12 needle head (2 rows with 6 needles) with a width of 0.9 cm at a movement speed of 2 cm per second and an osicllation speed of 120 Hz)
  • Needling device: electric dermaneedling device. They specifically state that dermarollers and dermabrasion devices are less effective. About dermarollers they write that tearing and cut-like wounds are ineffective for neogenesis and that one has to aim for real, "pointy" needle wounds without any tearing or cutting.
  • Needle target depth: 0.8 mm. For long hair, this can be increased to 1.0 mm, but definitely not more than that. The wound should extend 0.8 mm into the skin but not deeper, 1.0 mm is only to compensate for longer hair.
  • Needling frequency: Once every two weeks produces the best results, followed by once a week, followed by once every 4 weeks
  • Needling head: 12 needles in an array of 2 x 6 at a width of 0.9 cm for the needle rows. Their specific design is described in Figure 105 of this patent of theirs
  • Topical, 1st version: minoxidil 5% is the likely first version of the topical (maybe also finasteride or saw palmetto included, but about this I'm not sure)
  • Topical, 2nd version: The second version of the topical is minoxidil plus one or a combination of the following three: finasteride, valproic acid, latanoprost
  • Topical application frequency: Twice daily, preferrably once every 12 hours
  • Areas to needle: Not only affected areas should be needled, but also at least 2 cm into non-bald/non-balding areas. Reason for that is probably quorum sensing.
  • Needling device movement over the scalp: Each area should be covered at least once and at most twice, depending on the protocol variant. Depends on frequency and a few other things - won't go into detail here now, the details can be found in the patent. Short version: In the preferred protocol, each treatment area is covered once in horizontal and once in vertical movement direction over the scalp, making for a total of exactly two passes. Passes should be performed without any overlaps and without any gaps. They use the term "like a lawn mower" several times to describe how the scalp should be covered.
  • Needling movement speed: 2 cm per second. They state that the translational movement speed is important to achieve the target needle hole density of 1600 per cm².
  • Needling head oscillation frequency: 120 Hz
  • Needling pressure: Only slight pressure such that the needles go all the way (0.8 mm) in, but not more. "Gliding" should be achieved.

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Areas to needle: Not only affected areas should be needled, but also at least 2 cm into non-bald/non-balding areas. Reason for that is probably quorum sensing.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This has already been discussed. While no one knows for sure as it relates to all the claims, dermarolling has been used for quite sometime to BUILD COLLAGEN in the face etc. not to destroy it.

Right, but is there science that says that it does that as opposed to depleting collagen? For a long time, smoking was thought to be good for you. We need evidence.

otann

My Regimen
Reaction score
Right, but is there science that says that it does that as opposed to depleting collagen? For a long time, smoking was thought to be good for you. We need evidence.

Microneedling's beneficial effects with respect to collagen and elastin synthesis and restructuring are well-established in the literature, and the method has long been used as an anti-aging/scar removal treatment in both professional and amateur circles. Here are some of the fundamental/introductory articles, and you can easily find 100 more.