Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling's beneficial effects with respect to collagen and elastin synthesis and restructuring are well-established in the literature, and the method has long been used as an anti-aging/scar removal treatment in both professional and amateur circles. Here are some of the fundamental/introductory articles, and you can easily find 100 more.
Correct. It is referred to as “Collagen Induction Therapy” for a reason.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok, i am posting my results after 3 months of using a dermapen (12 needles, 1.5mm, 2x/week), rogaine mixed with sandalore applied every night (did not apply on the night of using the dermapen). Top image is from 3 months ago, bottom image is now (both are the front of my head). I'm quite pleased with my results, and I was planning on continuing. I've read the last 2 pages of this thread, and the talk about potential cancer and collagen destruction concerns me... i'm sure i'm not the only one. I'm assuming i'm not destroying any collagen in my scalp because of using the dermapen? I do see an increase in my hair based on my pics... if so, I don't believe it's being destroyed. Should I be concerned? (I apologize for the difference in angles, lighting, difference in close-ups, etc. But I think you can clearly see a difference. In the top image, that white stuff you see in my hair is Zix that i couldn't wash off... I dropped it back then and it hasn't been part of my regime).

IMG_8784.jpg
IMG_8776.jpg

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
More on the dangers of stem cell division, which, according to Follica, is induced by microneedling when new hair follicles are generated

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok, i am posting my results after 3 months of using a dermapen (12 needles, 1.5mm, 2x/week), rogaine mixed with sandalore applied every night (did not apply on the night of using the dermapen). Top image is from 3 months ago, bottom image is now (both are the front of my head). I'm quite pleased with my results, and I was planning on continuing. I've read the last 2 pages of this thread, and the talk about potential cancer and collagen destruction concerns me... i'm sure i'm not the only one. I'm assuming i'm not destroying any collagen in my scalp because of using the dermapen? I do see an increase in my hair based on my pics... if so, I don't believe it's being destroyed. Should I be concerned? (I apologize for the difference in angles, lighting, difference in close-ups, etc. But I think you can clearly see a difference. In the top image, that white stuff you see in my hair is Zix that i couldn't wash off... I dropped it back then and it hasn't been part of my regime).

View attachment 136616 View attachment 136617
first of all congrats.
your regimen is one of the safest here, based on what we know now.
i dont know about the sandalore, i mean efficacy has been reported, but there isnt any study in my knowledge about long term use.
i would keep going if i was you.
mind if i ask you why you dropped zix?

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I read the entire article. at the very bottom of the article, the author of the article says to buy her No. 9 Exfoliant, which is much safer than dermarolling, according to her. I think i feel better realizing that this article is completely biased in order for her to sell her product line. as soon as i saw it's a website for her products, it kind of debunks most of her statements, since her product is in competition with dermarolling. Thoughts?

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
first of all congrats.
your regimen is one of the safest here, based on what we know now.
i dont know about the sandalore, i mean efficacy has been reported, but there isnt any study in my knowledge about long term use.
i would keep going if i was you.
mind if i ask you why you dropped zix?

Thanks! it's been a battle, as we all know how hard this is. I dropped Zix because, believe it or not, it was actually giving me side effects. Each time i used it, i came down with flu like symptoms... and the symptoms i felt matched that of Zinc overdose. even though i wasn't overdosing on Zinc... everyone's body is different, it could just be that my body can't handle topical zinc at the quantity recommended in the Zix thread. i could've probably decreased the zinc quantity, but at that point it may have not helped my hair. Too many variables, so I dropped it and decided to jump onto dermarolling. I feel the same about Sandalore... I may drop it in the near future and just use Rogaine.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I circled in red where i had the transplant... back in 2004. where I circled in green is the area in the before and after photos where I had the improvement using the dermapen. as you can see, it's been a battle to bring it back down. I think I'm close to closing the gap. i'll post the link later today for the pen.
IMG_8784.jpg
IMG_8776.jpg

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I circled in red where i had the transplant... back in 2004. where I circled in green is the area in the before and after photos where I had the improvement using the dermapen. as you can see, it's been a battle to bring it back down. I think I'm close to closing the gap. i'll post the link later today for the pen.
View attachment 136653 View attachment 136654

I hope you succeed it looks really strange otherwise.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@cryingariver You had a transplant in 2004 right? Did those transplanted hairs go too after some time? They always say transplanted hairs are immune to dht,...

They are still there from 2004. so it's been 16 years, and they did not fall out. that still may be true, in another 20 years maybe they'll fall out, who knows. Speaking of the green area, I actually had a good amount of hair there for years. it was only in 2016 when i started losing like crazy, and the gap started showing. i'm hoping in another 3 months I can fill it up again.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! it's been a battle, as we all know how hard this is. I dropped Zix because, believe it or not, it was actually giving me side effects. Each time i used it, i came down with flu like symptoms... and the symptoms i felt matched that of Zinc overdose. even though i wasn't overdosing on Zinc... everyone's body is different, it could just be that my body can't handle topical zinc at the quantity recommended in the Zix thread. i could've probably decreased the zinc quantity, but at that point it may have not helped my hair. Too many variables, so I dropped it and decided to jump onto dermarolling. I feel the same about Sandalore... I may drop it in the near future and just use Rogaine.
of course I believe you. so symptoms were like feeling drained or you mean dropping in sexual desire?
yes everyone's different, but results with minoxidil+ dermarolling are evident in your case.

cryingariver

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
of course I believe you. so symptoms were like feeling drained or you mean dropping in sexual desire?
yes everyone's different, but results with minoxidil+ dermarolling are evident in your case.

The symptoms that I felt were flu like... chills, aches, nausea, and trembling. and it happened each time i went back to Zix after I stopped it.

Chris-lee09

Reaction score
Coming up to a year now doing this 1.5 once a week minoxidil twice a day,always do it in the evening dont put minoxidil on until the next morning,bein on minoxidil since 2012 so awhile,sadly i havent had much success or noticeable results id say,maybe maintained maybe noticed a few tiny dark hairs apear halfway through on my hairline got excited hoping they would grow but they havent,my hairloss has bein fairly slow throughout the years so im hoping that maybe if its gona help its just really slow progress so im not going to stop yet im gona keep going and see what it does even for maintenance,its just once a week,i use fibres daily if i can deal with that pain in the *** everyday i can roll once a week

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Coming up to a year now doing this 1.5 once a week minoxidil twice a day,always do it in the evening dont put minoxidil on until the next morning,bein on minoxidil since 2012 so awhile,sadly i havent had much success or noticeable results id say,maybe maintained maybe noticed a few tiny dark hairs apear halfway through on my hairline got excited hoping they would grow but they havent,my hairloss has bein fairly slow throughout the years so im hoping that maybe if its gona help its just really slow progress so im not going to stop yet im gona keep going and see what it does even for maintenance,its just once a week,i use fibres daily if i can deal with that pain in the *** everyday i can roll once a week

I have a similar story to tell. Thinking of changing to daily micro needling at 1mm, minoxidil once a day.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read the entire article. at the very bottom of the article, the author of the article says to buy her No. 9 Exfoliant, which is much safer than dermarolling, according to her. I think i feel better realizing that this article is completely biased in order for her to sell her product line. as soon as i saw it's a website for her products, it kind of debunks most of her statements, since her product is in competition with dermarolling. Thoughts?

The fact that she's selling something is relevant, but doesn't debunk her claims. A study or lack of studies supporting her claims would debunk them. The existence of the nicotine gum industry doesn't debunk the claim that smoking causes cancer. She gives a list of references at the bottom.

newdutuser10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that she's selling something is relevant, but doesn't debunk her claims. A study or lack of studies supporting her claims would debunk them. The existence of the nicotine gum industry doesn't debunk the claim that smoking causes cancer. She gives a list of references at the bottom.

We should stop applying any cosmetic product that contain ingredients that increase cell turnover which is much much worse than a scalp recovering form a dermarolling session.

And she is using a well known copywriting technique that uses fear to make people by her sh*t. But no sane f*****g person will buy her sh*t or stop using retin - a, AHAs, BHAs, laser resurfacing, high concentration chemical peels, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, and the list goes on.

If you still believe that this unscrupulous women is telling the truth then you should stop using dermarolling completely for your own safety.