My Regimen
Reaction score
I really would like to know what is more effective

Microneedling plus minoxidil
Or
Microneedling plus Duta/Fina

Does somebody has an idea.

Thanks
I think this is like asking which is more effective for weight loss, working out or eat right? They both work but differently. But I could be wrong.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Going to do a microdermabrasion session soon on my face and got to thinking, maybe this would be good for wounding as well. I believe it removes a couple of millimeters of dead skin which may help with wounding. I'd only be able to do on the temples but going to give it a shot.

Any thoughts?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input and kind words. Believe me, I do have AAG (all men in my family are bald). I’ve been on finasteride and minoxidil for 2 years and it’s been amazing, and my sides wore off after 2 months

ok my bad if you take such treatments that surely explain why your hairs look quite solid ; )

Gotten Siken

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finally reached the 3 month mark myself a couple days ago having done 7 needling sessions in those 12 or so weeks. So averaging a session 1X every couple weeks roughly. I was aiming for every 7-10 days, but life gets in the way... vacation, work, etc. I usually do 1.5mm, though sometimes end with 1.75mm or 2.0mm if I'm feeling up to it.

Pitch/angle of my head is not the same in these photos, so it makes things look more favorable in the later photos (more hair appears on forehead due to angle, but there definitely isn't). None the less, there is regrowth on the crown!

View attachment 115383

i would like to ask you a question about your regimen. have you just used finasteride before or only used for just 1 month? because i guess your hair is not shedding and you are not using finasteride. but on the other hand, hair starts shedding after 6-7 months of quitting finasteride (it is written on the prospectus of propecia). thats why maybe your hair is not shedding now because still finasteride effect is going on? i just wonder if i stop using it, will it start shedding. is your hair shedding now at the same time or shedding is completely stopped? if so microneedling doesn't make only regrowth hairs, also stops shedding right?

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Going to do a microdermabrasion session soon on my face and got to thinking, maybe this would be good for wounding as well. I believe it removes a couple of millimeters of dead skin which may help with wounding. I'd only be able to do on the temples but going to give it a shot.

Any thoughts?
DIY? How long before you can appear in public?

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Correct. Plus daily ketaconzole

man you are a good responder. I followed same regimen(minoxidil/wounding) for 2years believe it or no but maybe not doing it as hard as you. I have a blatant hairloss like you.. Now Iam dermstampin the hard way and re addeed nizoral I was not using it at that time. Another user had quite impressive result with only wounding/ketoconazole. Maybe this is a missing link.. How old are you if i mAy?? hairloss history is important also.
the more people wait the harder it is to reverse?

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
man you are a good responder. I followed same regimen(minoxidil/wounding) for 2years believe it or no but maybe not doing it as hard as you. I have a blatant hairloss like you.. Now Iam dermstampin the hard way and re addeed nizoral I was not using it at that time. Another user had quite impressive result with only wounding/ketoconazole. Maybe this is a missing link.. How old are you if i mAy?? hairloss history is important also.
the more people wait the harder it is to reverse?

Thank you. I'm impressed the results happened this quickly as well. I have regained almost full coverage, i went from NW4 to basically just a diffused thinner. If i can reverse the diffused thinning i would have regained almost 99% of my hairloss, which is jaw dropping.

I advise everyone to add DAILY Ketaconzole (make sure it's non sodium sulfate) AND a non sodium sulfate shampoo to their regimen. It's just tackling the loss at another angle. Around the time i started to bald more severely (22/23), I was breaking out in tinea versacolor all over my body. Whether or not that spread to my scalp I'm not sure, but the ketaconzole took care of it regardless.

I'm a firm believer in wounding to regenerate hair. I'm from the "you must draw blood" school, at least biweekly. Similar to 2young2retire. With proper sanitizaton and safety measures it's really not a big deal imo.

I'm 26 now. I started balding noticeably at 22 /23 (where people started commenting), but it's possible it started earlier and was unnoticeable (19/20).

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. I'm impressed the results happened this quickly as well. I have regained almost full coverage, i went from NW4 to basically just a diffused thinner. If i can reverse the diffused thinning i would have regained almost 99% of my hairloss, which is jaw dropping.

I advise everyone to add DAILY Ketaconzole (make sure it's non sodium sulfate) AND a non sodium sulfate shampoo to their regimen. It's just tackling the loss at another angle. Around the time i started to bald more severely (22/23), I was breaking out in tinea versacolor all over my body. Whether or not that spread to my scalp I'm not sure, but the ketaconzole took care of it regardless.

I'm a firm believer in wounding to regenerate hair. I'm from the "you must draw blood" school, at least biweekly. Similar to 2young2retire. With proper sanitizaton and safety measures it's really not a big deal imo.

I'm 26 now. I started balding noticeably at 22 /23 (where people started commenting), but it's possible it started earlier and was unnoticeable (19/20).

when you will reach your full growth poteintial in the future, do you think you can maintain with 1 variable?

like only maintaining using minoxidil? or only wounding?

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
when you will reach your full growth poteintial in the future, do you think you can maintain with 1 variable?

like only maintaining using minoxidil? or only wounding?

Im going to drop everything and dermaroll lightly once a month.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DIY? How long before you can appear in public?
I would go to a dermatologist as it isn't that expensive (around $100-$150 I think). It just leaves the skin red, similar to light wounding, so you can go out in public immediately after.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

How do you sanitise?

Gotten Siken

My Regimen
Reaction score

can you pls tell the brand name of ketanazol non sodium sulfate shampoo? because i guess nizoral contains sodium sulfate.

Ng Mobile

My Regimen
Reaction score
for whoever has the dermapen do you recommend plastic spring cartridges or metal? The pen i bought off amazon came with metal spring cartridges and today I'm trying to order refills but there are 2 different types and I'm not sure which one is better. any help would be appreciated thanks guys.

Plastic Spring
101377-f63f9cf09997303bf2f4872c91237bc9.jpg

Metal Spring
101378-03fdcd12202690a63518d66fc20e1bc5.jpg

Attachments

• plastic.jpg
    plastic.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 248
  • metal.jpg
    metal.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 256

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I think you just disproved the theory that ketoconazole was a bad combo with rolling. I was spacing it out. But now I'll go back to nizoral 1pcnt daily after these results.. it's funny next morning after nizoral my hair always seems more lively and to have grown !

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im going to drop everything and dermaroll lightly once a month.

Now that's interesting. also I have always wondered if we could use some "extreme" drugs short term(see bridgeburn's thread for example) to regrow hairs and then maintain with wounding... Your experience will be interesting. But When I dropped minoxidil I did not have the shedding people usually have after stopping.. maybe thanks to wounding, who knows.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you sanitise?

Simple. You can get everything you need at your local store too.

1. Isopropyl alcohol
2. Betadine liquid solution

Soak the dermaroller in the alcohol. Take a shower. Throughly scrub your scalp with a good shampoo. This is as important as sanitizing the dermaroller, as bacteria is living on the scalp as well.

After the shower, cover the scalp with betadine. Wait 10 minutes. Wash hands. Remove the dermaroller. Roll hard with betadine on scalp.

Wash hands when finished. Rinse dermaroller in cold water. Resoak in isopropyl alcohol. Rinse scalp with cool water. Dry with clean towel / paper towels / toilet paper (there are open wounds so be careful). Re apply betadine to scalp / wounds for 10 minutes. Wash hands. Rinse scalp with cool water thoroughly. Dry with clean paper towels / toilet paper.

Use clean pillow cases for the next couple days. Don't touch scalp. Wait 12 - 24 hours before applying topicals or washing scalp.

As a General rule, keep the needles, hands, and scalp clean and you'll be fine.

can you pls tell the brand name of ketanazol non sodium sulfate shampoo? because i guess nizoral contains sodium sulfate.

I usually don't like to name brands but i use Regenepure Dr

I think you just disproved the theory that ketoconazole was a bad combo with rolling. I was spacing it out. But now I'll go back to nizoral 1pcnt daily after these results.. it's funny next morning after nizoral my hair always seems more lively and to have grown !

Yeah, i only spaced it out for a week but said screw it since i was having results. The wounds have to heal anyways so i don't believe the shampoo does anything to interfere. If anything its possible it speeds up the process.

Now that's interesting. also I have always wondered if we could use some "extreme" drugs short term(see bridgeburn's thread for example) to regrow hairs and then maintain with wounding... Your experience will be interesting. But When I dropped minoxidil I did not have the shedding people usually have after stopping.. maybe thanks to wounding, who knows.

This is exactly my plan. A hard serious regimen to bring everything back, and then convenience to maintain. Ill be shocked if i recover all of the thickness. It would be incredible.

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
...taking a daily low dose [80mg] aspirin...
...I then decided to try minoxidil...
Congrats on your results!

ASPIRIN Vs MINOXIDIL
Just a heads up FYI - as outlined in the @InBeforeTheCure post, the study below suggests that the 80mg of Aspirin you are taking reduces by half (!) the % of predicted topical Minoxidil responders by inhibiting sulfotransferase activity in hair follicles:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30226287

Given your progress you might probably not want to change your regimen - but might be something to consider in case your progress stalls. Good Luck!

Last edited:

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Congrats on your results!

ASPIRIN Vs MINOXIDIL
Just a heads up - as outlined in the @InBeforeTheCure post, the study below suggests that the 80mg of Aspirin you are taking reduces by half (!) the % of predicted topical Minoxidil responders by inhibiting sulfotransferase activity in hair follicles:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30226287

Given your progress you might not want to change your regimen - but might be something to consider in case your progress stalls. Good Luck!

Interesting, thank you. It's funny because i don't credit minoxidil for the progress but i know what you're saying. Aspirin at the same time is reccomended for those who suffer from MPD which is also interesting