Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Trinky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I also use Toppik + hairspray. I use derminator at night before bed (every ten days). I wound at 2mm and create several tiny blood spots, not blood flowing at all. They become tiny scabs in a matter of minutes. Next morning I apply toppik with no problems, I believe its safe.

Focused

My Regimen
Reaction score
But how do we even know the derminator is better? Are there any expert reviews stating as such? From my understanding the forum deemed the derminator better based on owndocs claims that it doesnt cause microtearing. But given how weird and fradulent they are, can we trust these claims?

Good point. I thought it said at the beginning of this thread that it was better, but now that I go back and check I don't see it.
Maybe it just said Dr.Pen was cheaper so I (perhaps foolishly) assumed it wasn't as good.

Focused

My Regimen
Reaction score
My Dr.Pen Ultima A6 arrived yesterday. Charged it up and seems to function properly (i.e., it turns on and I can change speeds).
Haven't attached the needles yet as I'm not sure what's better to use. But I do know 1.5 mm is the proper depth.

Does anyone know if Nano or the 12 needles are better to use?

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Focused - I believe the nano is a very dense collection of needles, yes? I believe the majority are using 12 needles here. The Follica device FWIW is going to be using 13 needles. I believe @Ludachris Batbak tried 36 needle cartridges for awhile but decided it was not better than 12 - though don't recall the reason. More easily gets caught in hair? More painful?

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll chime in here. I have been using the derminator for about 2 months now. Used the Dr. Pen for a month prior to that.

Diffused thinner and when I first started, I would just shed and shed and shed. Now, over the last 3 weeks, I hardly shed at all. Some hairs (10-12) come out during a shower, but during the day I see nothing. I could pull and pull and nada. Not using minoxidil due to previous side effects, but this is promising. Also, don't seem to be getting any regrowth but stabilization is the first part of the process, I suppose.

Why the quick switch from Dr Pen to Derminator? Do you like it more?

I used a dermaroller 1.5mm for about 6 months and just got my Dr Pen Ultima A6 from Amazon about 2 weeks ago. I drew very little blood with the dermaroller and it kinda hurt / I didn't know if I was putting enough pressure so I wanted to try a microneedling pen.

Dr Pen has been nice so far. First session I tried the 12 needle, 1.75mm length, medium speed. Got very little to no blood spots but plenty of soreness and redness.

Decided to try out the 36 needle last night, 1.5mm length, fast speed setting. Have very short/thinned hair across scalp and it did not snag, pain was minimal / did not feel bad. Wouldn't say that the pain was good as some people here seem to like it, but it was more tolerable than the rolling for sure. This method caused the most bleeding I have seen from anything in my journey so far. And mostly in the front - middle of the scalp. The fact that it didn't really hurt plus I got bleeding is a good thing to me. I don't mind a little blood and want to know that I'm being effective in my wounding. I don't think the blood is necessary but I'm all in, baby. As long as it doesn't hurt, I'm gonna go for blood.

Scalp still sore today, as expected. I will say that yesterday I was getting some skin peeling / flaking which was likely from healing up from the previous week's session. I believe this is also a good thing. My scalp is regenerating properly :)

So, Dr Pen A6 doing good for me so far. I'm gonna stick with the 36 needle 1.5mm fast speed rolling next week as well since it drew blood for me and other lengths / speed have not.

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all

I am quite worried after my third Session needling with the dermapen at 1.5mm.

First of all, i am losing hair like crazy despite not applying minoxidil. Can this be shock loss like with an hair transplant? Furthermore, my tongue and throat hurt on the right side only, never had an issue with that before.

Maybe I should make a break or needle at less length? Anyone observing similar things going on?

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought I'd drop by and post an update. Diffuse thinner using a Dr. Pen 2.0 mm weekly. About a month in, I noticed my hair was probably the worst it's ever been. It was extremely diffuse and I was honestly considering a system. I've now just reached the 2 month mark and it seems like things are turning around. The entire horseshoe area especially the crown area is filling with hairs. It's still too soon to be cosmetically significant but I can def see a difference especially after a shower when my hair is wet and not styled. Still very far from where I'd like to be but I'm cautiously optimistic. Hopefully I see more improvements farther along.

Also of note, I use a Panasonic device for massaging. When I first started I would regularly shed about 30-40 hairs at night when I used it. Now I shed maybe 10-15.

Edit: Forgot to mention I use minoxidil once per day at night and for the past two weeks I've applied minoxidil directly after needling as well

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thought I'd drop by and post an update. Diffuse thinner using a Dr. Pen 2.0 mm weekly. About a month in, I noticed my hair was probably the worst it's ever been. It was extremely diffuse and I was honestly considering a system. I've now just reached the 2 month mark and it seems like things are turning around. The entire horseshoe area especially the crown area is filling with hairs. It's still too soon to be cosmetically significant but I can def see a difference especially after a shower when my hair is wet and not styled. Still very far from where I'd like to be but I'm cautiously optimistic. Hopefully I see more improvements farther along.

Also of note, I use a Panasonic device for massaging. When I first started I would regularly shed about 30-40 hairs at night when I used it. Now I shed maybe 10-15.

Edit: Forgot to mention I use minoxidil once per day at night and for the past two weeks I've applied minoxidil directly after needling as well

Which Panasonic device are you using for head Massage?

HairlossCureLurker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, guys!

So, I have done 7 sessions so far. Let me summarize my experience at the moment.

From the positives:
- I think I am regrowing hair at temples. I have white hairs on both temples and some black hairs popping up (especially on my right temple, have no idea why it works worse for the left one);
- My scalp still feels healthier and I don't feel any pain "in my hair" anymore;

Now negatives:
- I had lots and lots and lots of shedding, which scares me a lot. The problem is that my hair got really worse. Now I can't get away with it at all. I really have to wash my head often, because once it gets dirty, I feel miserable of how it looks. The problem is that I am losing hair on the top of my head and now I can't really comb it on any side. My preference for now is to keep it straight, but it does not look that much great, as I lost density and the rest of the hair feels really light. So my only praying is that this hair will start coming back. Otherwise, it will be really hard to continue for me..

I wanted to share some pics as well, just to show you the progress at the temples. Maybe you can give your opinion as well.
I uploaded the photos here:
https://imgur.com/a/9giZeHt

My camera is not really that much good, so the small hairs are hardly captured on these shots

I would like to know when you started minoxidil

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ComeBackTemples - I'm guessing @kashmoney is also using the same one as @blighte ? "Panasonic EH-HE99 Head Massage Tool"

@blighte had some pretty impressive results back on this post. His crown did a 180 with just massage + needling in 1 month! He said he's using minoxidil now after those pics - I'd be curious to see how things are going now ... @blighte ?

Yes I am using the same one as blighte. The panasonic EH-HE99. His post actually inspired me to buy it. Whether its actually helping with hair growth or not, at the very least, it's essentially all but eliminated dandruff from my scalp so that in and of itself is worth it to me.

Also overpour I'm glad you used my pics in your post! I do want to clarify though that currently I am worse off from those pics. Those pics were taken at the peak of my progress when I was using finasteride, min, and microneedling. I suspect a lot of those gains came from the min I had started 3 months prior to those pics compounded with the dermaneedling and the finasteride. Once finasteride stopped working last May, I basically lost all of those gains. I'm hoping with the needling this time around, I can get back up to that level once again soon. Things look to be trending in a positive direction. Hopefully at the 6 month mark, or even sooner, I'll have a dramatic enough change to post some pics of my progress

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use hairspray and Toppik-like fibers, and no issues to report (yet anyway - only 2 weeks in). How do people who are reliant on Toppik use manage for the day or so after needling though? Literally don’t leave the house or wear a hat? No easy if you live with others/have work or social life commitments...
Just roll more often and lighter.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is something that I feel you guys should know. I stopped using Nizoral for 3 weeks, and for the past 3 or 4 days my scalp has been itching like crazy. I applied some nizoral last night, and will update you guys on the itching situation.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It feels like most people with great results saw them already after 2 months. So it feels like that if you need more than 2 months you won't get results. I hope that it's still to early and we will see some great late responders soon...

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It feels like most people with great results saw them already after 2 months. So it feels like that if you need more than 2 months you won't get results. I hope that it's still to early and we will see some great late responders soon...
Bro the literal best responder didn't get results for a whole year