Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

inmyhead

Reaction score
Hey guys. It’s been like close to s month since I last posted I think. Haven’t really been checking up on anything here.

Anyway, still applying min 1x daily and have missed nights here and there, I’d say i miss like 2 nights per week on average just from forgetting to do it and then its too late at night and I’m tired lol

Anyway, have been using the Derminator at 1.75mm every other week and been using a 1mm dermaroller on the off weeks.

I’m posting from my phone so not going to go look for all my befores right now. I’m sure most of you know what my head looked like back toward the end lf Nov. 2018 when I started... things were looking pretty grim lol

Anyway I just took these update pics on my phone right now for you guys. Enjoy. I’m at around 3 months and 1 week of treatment.

Crown seen from the side:
View attachment 114611

Hairline:
View attachment 114612
Crown from above:
View attachment 114615

Left side:View attachment 114613

Right side:
View attachment 114614
Link to before pic - https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-from-tressless.117746/page-334#post-1766972

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've posted the befores 50 times minimum

It’s just about usability and a good way for others to quickly see the progress.

Theoretically there’s no harm posting it every time since you’re already at it.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re welcome to your opinion.

My perspective is that what people “think” isn’t particularly helpful in a forum of people participating in a group clinical trial.

My perspective is that his opinion isn’t fact. My opinion is that he’s one person making a statement that could be misread as a “truth” when it is actually not.

He made a declarative statement without any proof without linking to any other community posts. That’s just him feeling upset and ranting. Again.

The ONLY possibly truth in his post is that it’s not working for him in that period of time.

The dicks in this forum from my perspective are people that:
- make declarative statements without evidence
- people that crush the HOPE of others
- people that let people like that get away with their behaviour

So you can think I’m a dick for whatever reason you like but it’s not because I’m being “optimistic”.

I am four months into derminating and I’m honestly not sure if it’s working yet or not. But I’m nothing like tolguy. Fak him and fak freedom of speech!
The thing is he didn't make a declarative statement. You can easily infer that he is just expressing what it "seems" to be happening in this trial. This is further supported by the fact that he finishes his post saying that he really hopes his thoughts are wrong.

I also disagree with his interpretation, but I didn't feel the need to argue about that just because it wasn't a declarative statement. Even so, it's OK to argue against his post, but replying "idiot" is not the way to go man. Just post your goddamn counter arguments and that's it.

Chill, dude. This is not a f*****g ring. At least save the hostility for people that really deserve them.

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I’m doing my usual Friday De-flake session, brushing and combing aggressively to loosen up and get rid of the flakes, and I can see all along my hairline I have a lot of new sprouts coming up that weren’t there before. These hairs are the size of long vellus hairs but they have my terminal hair color.

Is anyone else experiencing vellus hair growth with terminal coloring?

longhair31

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing an increased thinning of the area beeing needled?

I have been doing dermarolling without min or finasteride since 5.1.2019 and my hair have only gotten worse.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re welcome to your opinion.

My perspective is that what people “think” isn’t particularly helpful in a forum of people participating in a group clinical trial.

My perspective is that his opinion isn’t fact. My opinion is that he’s one person making a statement that could be misread as a “truth” when it is actually not.

He made a declarative statement without any proof without linking to any other community posts. That’s just him feeling upset and ranting. Again.

The ONLY possibly truth in his post is that it’s not working for him in that period of time.

The dicks in this forum from my perspective are people that:
- make declarative statements without evidence
- people that crush the HOPE of others
- people that let people like that get away with their behaviour

So you can think I’m a dick for whatever reason you like but it’s not because I’m being “optimistic”.

I am four months into derminating and I’m honestly not sure if it’s working yet or not. But I’m nothing like tolguy. Fak him and fak freedom of speech!

You should look up the meaning of "clinical trial" and "declarative". They don't mean what you seem to think they mean.

A bunch of guys in a forum running needles over their head and posting the odd photo doesn't come close to being "clinical". That's far more misleading than any of the comments you took such offence to. Chill out.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use hairspray and Toppik-like fibers, and no issues to report (yet anyway - only 2 weeks in). How do people who are reliant on Toppik use manage for the day or so after needling though? Literally don’t leave the house or wear a hat? No easy if you live with others/have work or social life commitments...

I can't remember what brand of fibres I bought but I made sure I bought ones with no silica in them. Doubt it matters that much but I thought it would be better not to put silica on a wound. I used them during the first couple of months of microneedling but don't need to use them any more.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good point. I thought it said at the beginning of this thread that it was better, but now that I go back and check I don't see it.
Maybe it just said Dr.Pen was cheaper so I (perhaps foolishly) assumed it wasn't as good.

I remember there was one guy who was adamant that the Derminator was the best available but he is now banned. I suspected he had something to gain from promoting the Derminator.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I have been doing dermarolling without min or finasteride since 5.1.2019 and my hair have only gotten worse.

Same. I hope it will get better with time.:)

DepressionPrince

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, guys, I was not active on the forum for the last couple of days and only now read all the messages.

How long have you been on minoxidil? A shed on minoxidil is normal.

I am on it since mid-August. However, I have to mention that I only applied it on temples, as I was scared to apply it on the top of my head as well (thought that I'll have a lot of shed and it will be too noticeable). However, now as it gets worse on top, I will apply it there too.

Am I crazy? It looks improved.

Thanks, I really hope there is something happening.

Have you seen my progress album? My hair got much worse in the first 2 months but then things got better very quickly after those 2 months.

I am not wearing Toppik in ANY of the photos I have posted but I continued to use it for the first couple of months, so Toppik might help you hide the shed.

I can't see much from your photos but it looks like you still have quite a lot of hair and you are seeing progress in your temples for sure.

Of course I've seen it. And I started doing this regime only because you have become an inspiration to me and others here. I am actually considering using Toppik, but just not sure how to match my hair color, if I am going to buy it online.

Thanks for the opinion! I hope I will have results soon, and this shed period was just a step I had to go through, just like it happened to you. :)

I see definite improvement in the temples. Thats a positive in itself. As for the rest of your head, if those hair are of the intermediate variety they have to shed in order to grow thicker hair. Could be whats happening.

I hope you are right, thanks, man!

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
36 ---> less painful but loosing more hairs while treatment and loosing way more hairs some days after...this was my experience.

That is very interesting to know. I've only ever used 12 needles. Would be good to hear if anyone else had the same experience as you with 36.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes. Almost looks like shock loss. Not saying it is, but certainly seeMs that way. Have lost tons of density back into the area in my hairline where I have needles for 4 months

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just replaced my dermaroller (3 months old) and got another supply of Minoxidil. Let the rolling continue. We are gonna make it.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did my 8th or
The thing is he didn't make a declarative statement. You can easily infer that he is just expressing what it "seems" to be happening in this trial. This is further supported by the fact that he finishes his post saying that he really hopes his thoughts are wrong.

I also disagree with his interpretation, but I didn't feel the need to argue about that just because it wasn't a declarative statement. Even so, it's OK to argue against his post, but replying "idiot" is not the way to go man. Just post your goddamn counter arguments and that's it.

Chill, dude. This is not a f*****g ring. At least save the hostility for people that really deserve them.

Well I easily inferred that “seems” was a declarative statement IF you are new here and you believe an established member to be established on the basis that they report facts with other members.

I was tired, grumpy and out of line and I apologise for my behaviour but I do not like what he said for the above reason.

@FCKW36 apologies, we’re on the same team suffering in the same way - so peace

@numberguy yeah I know what a freaking actual clinical trial is - I’ve been here (and other forums) for about 12 years watching the FDA clinical system slowly kill innovative companies. I said it tongue in cheek - in some ways we’re a pioneering community trial. It’s how I choose to look at it.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Small update on my needling.

I needled again last night (1.75 mm derminator on fast) and this morning my scalp (crown) feels softer - as in less calcification. Assuming that is actually a thing.

This is interesting to me because it’s ALWAYS felt like concrete to touch.

If it gets / feels harder again throughout the week I’m going to look at light needling between derminator sessions like what @chen does. Maybe his regime is breaking down the calcification and maintaining it.

Focused

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Focused - I believe the nano is a very dense collection of needles, yes? I believe the majority are using 12 needles here. The Follica device FWIW is going to be using 13 needles. I believe @Ludachris Batbak tried 36 needle cartridges for awhile but decided it was not better than 12 - though don't recall the reason. More easily gets caught in hair? More painful?

Thanks! Yeah, the nanos are very dense and fine, maybe meant for the face.

Focused

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember there was one guy who was adamant that the Derminator was the best available but he is now banned. I suspected he had something to gain from promoting the Derminator.

Did they threaten to "publicly blacklist" people who disagreed with them?
If so, I have a pretty good idea who it was! :D