Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did they threaten to "publicly blacklist" people who disagreed with them?
If so, I have a pretty good idea who it was! :D

Weeeeell I have a derminator (as do many others here) and it’s fine.

The only thing I have to gain is a couple of Norwoods! :p

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still think the Derminator is rhe best microneedling device. Fight me. Also you won’t get blscklisted unless you act like s total moron.

HairOnTheEdge

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys as a newbie to min I have a couple questions I was hoping you guys could help with. I'm only using it once day when I wake up and then I wash it off before bed. In the interim I've noticed the min (kirkland 5% liquid) dries and leaves white streaks on my shaved head. Is it safe to wash my head after the min has dried or would that render the min useless? Like is it absorbed into the skin by that point?

The other question, do I need to pour the entire 1ml amount on my head? Maybe it's because my head is completely shaven but my head is soaked when I've only applied half. Do I just need even coverage or is the full amount necessary?

It's pretty rough wet shaving your head on this routine, no hair to cover the damage. For 2-3 days I have a butchered red scalp and have to either stay home or wear a hat and now with min I got white streaks lol.

The-Johnny

Reaction score
Do we have any smokers here that have tried microneedling with results? Unfortunately I began with the terrible addiction two years ago and my hair loss became even worse and accelerated and It's really hard for me to quit right now. I thought smoking wouldnt affect my hair that much because my uncles (age around 50) are really heavy smokers, smoking 40-60 cigarettes each day, but they literally got a monkey hair line and amazing hair quality even though they smoked cigarettes the past 20 years, they barely have any grey hairs popping up. I should have known that I didn't have those amazing anti-hairloss genes that are resistent to everything and never touched a damn cigarette.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do we have any smokers here that have tried microneedling with results? Unfortunately I began with the terrible addiction two years ago and my hair loss became even worse and accelerated and It's really hard for me to quit right now. I thought smoking wouldnt affect my hair that much because my uncles (age around 50) are really heavy smokers, smoking 40-60 cigarettes each day, but they literally got a monkey hair line and amazing hair quality even though they smoked cigarettes the past 20 years, they barely have any grey hairs popping up. I should have known that I didn't have those amazing anti-hairloss genes that are resistent to everything and never touched a damn cigarette.

I smoked on party since 18 years old but I became a every day smoker 6 months ago (with 26 years old). My hairloss also accelerated extremely. That's why I will stop smoking next week. I hope, I can do it. :/

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing an increased thinning of the area beeing needled?

I have been doing dermarolling without min or finasteride since 5.1.2019 and my hair have only gotten worse.
That is shock loss, tread carefully cause some shock lost hair never grows back. Thats why guys tend not to have hair transplants in the crown because the shock loss makes the crown worse off

cvcsticks

My Regimen
Reaction score
That is shock loss, tread carefully cause some shock lost hair never grows back. Thats why guys tend not to have hair transplants in the crown because the shock loss makes the crown worse off
I thought the consensus was that loss ie a shed was good news? Hairs that were doomed anyway falling out to make way for a new stronger cycle? What’s the difference between shock loss and a shed?

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost 11 weeks for me now. I'd say I'm at around baseline. There's been a couple weeks recently where I felt my hair felt and looked great and there was visible regrowth. I'm not too sure about that now. In the last week or so, I feel like my hair looks worse and is more work to style. To be fair 11 weeks for me i can tell a noticeable reduction in hair quality. Im not sure i have that. Will keep on updating as the weeks go by.

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Having read every page I can confirm one or two People have reported this.

The theory is that you are just taking out dead hairs at the end / close to their natural hair cycle anyway.

Either way that hair was doomed.

Any idea if those people who experience this are getting results from needling?

inmyhead

Reaction score
Small update on my needling.

I needled again last night (1.75 mm derminator on fast) and this morning my scalp (crown) feels softer - as in less calcification. Assuming that is actually a thing.

This is interesting to me because it’s ALWAYS felt like concrete to touch.

If it gets / feels harder again throughout the week I’m going to look at light needling between derminator sessions like what @chen does. Maybe his regime is breaking down the calcification and maintaining it.
don't you bleed a lot with fastest setting?

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The itch between needling and daily Minoxidil is so annoying. Any tips regarding this?

(Quoting myself) So I decided to start using Nizoral again and I can say the itch is greatly reduced to the point where I think the small itches here and there might be just normal. So something to consider for all itchy friends here if you weren't using it

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Session's done!
This time the crown hurt quite a bit. I don't recall it hurting that much before. Perhaps I could reach it properly this time.

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guess it is my second worst area, huh. Hairline (the first) doesn't hurt at all.
It does, however, make me sneeze like a madman.
My hairline stings but my crown doesn't hurt whatsoever. Yesterday I repeatedly went over my crown and all I got was minor redness. It's almost like a massage.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline stings but my crown doesn't hurt whatsoever. Yesterday I repeatedly went over my crown and all I got was minor redness. It's almost like a massage.
The opposite for me. Which one is your worst hit area?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still think the Derminator is rhe best microneedling device. Fight me. Also you won’t get blscklisted unless you act like s total moron.

It might well be but I and others have had results using pens at a fraction of the cost and I wouldn't give those weirdos my money.

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It might well be but I and others have had results using pens at a fraction of the cost and I wouldn't give those weirdos my money.

@74775446
Welcome Back! Prefer not annoying people once more with the gratitude already expressed in my
introductory-post as I got some backfire at the time - will just add I am happy to have you back on board!!

Re: PEN Vs DERMINATOR
As detailed in my mini-review-post (I own both), I believe both have their own set of advantages - and thus also a rightful place in our community trial:

PEN = Cheap, Fast & Wireless;
D2 = considerably Less Painful @ low speeds, especially @ temples: those of you having any 2nd thoughts about needling due to pain issues w/ a PEN, having used both I invite you to SERIOUSLY consider giving D2 a try - especially if you can test it somewhere or do not find the price prohibitive;

What's most important in the end - both give results, so I kindly invite everyone to try & redirect the "Fight Me" energy towards "Fight IT" - IT being the fu(<1n9 BALDING & the method being... NEEDLINGGG & Reporting your Results !! ;)

Last edited: