Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 384 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Drextez

Drextez Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    you are right about betadine, i also heard it can really hurt the tyroid tho, so i dont know if its a good idea to use it

2. zeerax

zeerax Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm not really interested in this, but this video popped on my facebook so I thought I would post this

3. inmyhead

inmyhead Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I believe 2young2retire also used betadine. But the sketchy thing about him is that he no longer posts his current hair status

keepit, ToLGuy and FCKW36 like this.
  4. HairlossCureLurker

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Got nothing but money to lose so maybe I should try it out aswell. I wonder if I can add it to my regimen with essential oils and castor oil? Just leave it on over night. Haven't found any good reviews on natural dht blockers though.

5. Capone

Capone Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly.. he had to say it worked due to the butchering he gave himself. He would look ridiculous if nothing was gained from all that blood.

6. hairDespair

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I swear this never gets any less painful. I dunno how some people have been doing more than once per week

7. CuredMouse

CuredMouse Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So now that we're suspecting betadine is important how much should we apply and when?

8. 74775446

74775446 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've never used betadine. I am sure there are extra things people could take to get better results but my results are from dermaroller, minoxidil and occasional Nizoral use. I smoke and my diet is not good.

I'm not suggesting that betadine won't help - I have no idea - but, from my experience, it isn't key to getting results.

#7668 74775446, Mar 2, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  9. 74775446

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I keep getting asked questions on Reddit about applying minoxidil. I ordered about 100 pipettes off Amazon for about £4. The sharper point makes it much easier to get it through your hair and directly on to your scalp. If you lean your head in different directions, you will be able to feel the minoxidil liquid running across your scalp.

The ones I got hold 5ml, but it is clearly marked 1ml, 2ml, 3ml etc so you know exactly how much you're using.

Attached Files:

MirinBrah likes this.
  10. 74775446

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    There is only one mention of betadine in the study:

The shaven scalp was prepared with betadine and normal saline. A dermaroller of 1.5 mm sized needles was rolled over the affected areas of the scalp in a longitudinal, vertical, and diagonal directions until mild erythema was noted, which was considered as the end point of the procedure.

I guess you should apply it before microneedling. My hair is far too long to get betadine on my scalp.

ToLGuy likes this.
  11. JJL58

JJL58 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You are an exception. More people than not had success with betadine. Even the dude from the foreign language forum who was rolling hard uses it

12. jiggo

jiggo Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys,

whats the current status? How does this work in terms of maintance and regrowth apart from the guy in the first post?

13. overpourgoodfortune

overpourgoodfortune Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @jiggo - No one knows for sure. You can read 385 pages to make your own assessment though. There's lots of results throughout and plenty of anecdotes.

Plenty of people seem to be re-growing hair. Maintenance is another story. There's only so many people that's been doing this long enough to give any idea. Signs are positive though. Participants in the studies kept their new hair for quite awhile as well... can't remember which study, but 18 months or so afterwards.

14. Francesco17

Francesco17 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Is betadine not just a disinfectant

74775446 likes this.
  15. tressful11

tressful11 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've been avoiding this for a long time but I need to stop lying to myself and admit it.
    I am quite confident that finasteride/dutasteride caused massive brain fog and crippled my neuro-steroids.
    I am not trying to brag but I've been a very smart chap all my life, I was very fast to pick up concepts in class until eventually I started taking propecia and it slowly increased the brain fog.

In the last 3 years only a few times I've felt this strange feeling of a huge burden being lifted from my head and I could think very clearly. Today is that day. I cannot tell you how different and free I feel as compared to other days in my life where I feel crippled. I think these few days I've experienced were either the days where I forgot to pop a pill or the pill did not work for whatever reason (maybe was not broken down by enzymes).

Joe rogan has talked about depressive symptoms of propecia on his podcast and several others have mentioned it too. So, I am sure it's not a fluke.
    I feel so good today, I cannot describe that feeling in words. I am considering quitting dutasteride but I am afraid I will lose my hair rapidly. Anyone else here has quit propecia/dutasteride and maintained hair with dermarolling etc.? Please share your experience if you have.

MirinBrah, wilfred and Pigeon like this.
  16. Bill_Russo

Bill_Russo Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey man. Welcome back!
    Glad you came back and nice to know you're seeing further progress. If that keeps up you're gonna be a NW2 by the end of this year!

74775446 and Spanishboy97 like this.
  17. Koupka

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi everyone.
    I've received a dermastamp with my STR because of the delay of shipping, and I wanted to try. So i basicaly stamped at ~1.5 mm (i don't think i went full depth) few times (like 3-4 times, but not that much) in m right temple and wow, i bleed so much. Like really a lot of blood for the few times i stamped. Very impressive. Is it normal to bleed that much after the first use of microneedling ? And is it normal to bleed that much for just a few holes ?

18. 74775446

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I doubt that. It's not mentioned anywhere in the Chinese study and I'd be very surprised if the majority of people who have seen results were using betadine.

ImpedingReceding likes this.
  19. 74775446

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yes. From a very quick read, iodine deficiency can cause hair loss so getting idioine in betadine would perhaps help people with an iodine deficiency but I don't think betadine has much to do with the efficacy of microneedling + minoxidil for the average person.

20. JJL58

JJL58 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I agree.... It doesn't have anything to do with Microneedling and minoxidil directly. But indirectly it gets absorbed in the scalp for iodine deficiency.

It's just another possible angle for some to tackle their possible hair loss if that's their reason. We shouldn't discredit it. We could all be experiencing hair loss for different reasons, so we should tackle all angles.

Scientifically, iodine helps hair regrowth.

It may not have been necessary for you, but possibly for others. It takes 1 minute to cover your scalp in it during and after rolling. Plus it's a good safety measure.

I encourage EVERYONE to add it to their regimen in addition to sanitizing their rollers with isopropyl alcohol

theotherusero and 74775446 like this.