Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 384 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Bill_Russo

Bill_Russo Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey man. Welcome back!
    Glad you came back and nice to know you're seeing further progress. If that keeps up you're gonna be a NW2 by the end of this year!

74775446 and Spanishboy97 like this.
  2. Koupka

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi everyone.
    I've received a dermastamp with my STR because of the delay of shipping, and I wanted to try. So i basicaly stamped at ~1.5 mm (i don't think i went full depth) few times (like 3-4 times, but not that much) in m right temple and wow, i bleed so much. Like really a lot of blood for the few times i stamped. Very impressive. Is it normal to bleed that much after the first use of microneedling ? And is it normal to bleed that much for just a few holes ?

3. 74775446

74775446 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I doubt that. It's not mentioned anywhere in the Chinese study and I'd be very surprised if the majority of people who have seen results were using betadine.

ImpedingReceding likes this.
  4. 74775446

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yes. From a very quick read, iodine deficiency can cause hair loss so getting idioine in betadine would perhaps help people with an iodine deficiency but I don't think betadine has much to do with the efficacy of microneedling + minoxidil for the average person.

5. JJL58

JJL58 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I agree.... It doesn't have anything to do with Microneedling and minoxidil directly. But indirectly it gets absorbed in the scalp for iodine deficiency.

It's just another possible angle for some to tackle their possible hair loss if that's their reason. We shouldn't discredit it. We could all be experiencing hair loss for different reasons, so we should tackle all angles.

Scientifically, iodine helps hair regrowth.

It may not have been necessary for you, but possibly for others. It takes 1 minute to cover your scalp in it during and after rolling. Plus it's a good safety measure.

I encourage EVERYONE to add it to their regimen in addition to sanitizing their rollers with isopropyl alcohol

theotherusero and 74775446 like this.
  6. FCKW36

FCKW36 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    2 months in, no resluts yet. Definitely not planning to give up any time soon...

This whole betadine thing could be true. I thought about this some weeks ago, after I saw that the 2young guy used it to and he had the best results. But I wasn't aware that it also was used in the study. ImI thinking about adding it

7. Pepe with hair

Pepe with hair Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen

What Norwood are you at ?

8. 74775446

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeh, it certainly can't do any harm to add it in. Hair regrowth aside, it's probably good practice to use it before dermarolling.

9. FCKW36

Dislikes Received:
    Diffuse thinner. Can't leave the house without toppik.

10. Drextez

Drextez Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    you're right, but i think they probably meant to say : iodine

11. benjt2

benjt2 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Problem with him, as with so many, is that it seems like he started minoxidil with dermaneedling. So it might very well be this is mostly the minoxidil working.

ToLGuy and FCKW36 like this.
  12. baldlygoing

baldlygoing Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I needled with iodine this morning. Applied it right before with a dropper, let it dry (about 5 minutes) then punctured away. Also needled my face and neck today so I applied to that area as well.

Was kind of a pain in the *** to be honest. It ran everywhere and stains the sink and everything else it touches. That being said, I'll probably use it until my supply runs out. If it jump starts something then I'll re-up. If not, it goes to the boneyard with the rest of them.

I'm wondering iodine acts to accelerate the healing process and THAT is when you can get amazing gains? Isn't that what Follica was producing, some type of wound healing solution in conjunction with a needling device? I did just get back from the gym so some broscience thinking may have rubbed off on me.

13. overpourgoodfortune

overpourgoodfortune Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @benjt2 - Yep, indeed. There is the science behind the studies at least.

Hopefully more people have results from microneedling alone, or that were minoxidil non-responders prior to needling. There are a few out there from accounts on this thread.

It's been said before ... this community trial won't have the best data to go off of sadly. Everyone has such different regimens, also changing things up as they go. Hopefully some folks turn up with the results you want to see from the regimens that are meaningful to you.

ToLGuy and benjt2 like this.
  14. nohairnolife

nohairnolife Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I put rosemary oil on my scalp immediately after needling and it doesn't burn

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...s-from-tressless.117746/page-377#post-1773837

15. FCKW36

Dislikes Received:
  16. nohairnolife

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Well I already bought a big bottle but it hasn't done anything for me as far as I can tell

17. FCKW36

Dislikes Received:
    This rosemary thing has to stop. The study says it doesn't help.

18. ScalpGardener

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey guys, I've been following this thread for a while, this microneedling stuff is quite an exciting development. I've only needled 3 times over the past 4 months but I may increase the frequency to every 2-3 weeks. I've already seen some results with little clumps of 10 or so dark new hairs appearing on my temples a cm or so in front of my hairline. The rest of my hair seems to be thickening slightly too.

I know I'm still in the very early stages but I feel good about this because this is a treatment where results seem to compound and increase over time. I'm like a NW3 or 4, 26 years old so I had basically given up on trying to treat hair loss. Didn't want to take finasteride and minoxidil didn't really seem worth it to me but needling is something I'm willing to get on board with. I buzz my hair on the shortest setting so it's pretty easy to needle thoroughly. I've never used minoxidil or finasteride or any topicals other than nizoral shampoo. Just microneedling once a month or so with the 1.5 mm setting on a derma pen, medium speed. I've also been using the pen on my face for some acne scarring and I'm seeing positive results with that as well. The first couple times I used the pen I found it very painful, especially on the scalp, but in my session last week I was able to tolerate it much better. I've been doing some light scalp massages as well.

Anyway just wanted to check in, I haven't seen too many people doing the needling only route without any minoxidil so I wanted to share. Hopefully I'll have more positive results in the future and some progress pics to post.

rrphl, kungfukenny, Pigeon and 4 others like this.
  19. nohairnolife

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Be real you just wanted to show off that name

...it is pretty good

ScalpGardener likes this.
  20. benjt2

benjt2 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What actually worries me a bit about the studies are two things:
    • The discrepancy between the responder rate in the studies and here. Yes, some people here report results, but also many report having none whatsoever (myself included). This kind of discrepancy is very hard to explain away.
    • The journal the Indian study was published in. While dermatology is not my field, I used to work in academia for a couple of years and Indian journals are well known to be full of BS and scams. The journal that the Indian study was published in has rather low rankings and describes itself as follows: "The International Journal of Trichology (IJT) is the official peer-reviewed journal of the Hair Research Society of India." I'm wondering what the quality of this journal actually is and if it's maybe one of these typical Indian low quality journals or not. If the data has been tampered or exaggerated this would also explain the discrepancy in response rates.