Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

DepressionPrince

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shave your head and face the world with your bare scalp.
That will make things much easier. It completely removed my fear.

Now if needling works or not i don't even care.

I will eventually do that, but not sure if I am ready already. I am personally considering something shorter than what I have at the moment, so it will look less obvious.

I read your post that after the shave, when you let it grow again, it got worse, and I think it might happen to me as well, so this is also the reason why for now I am keeping it as it is.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, guys!

So, I have done 7 sessions so far. Let me summarize my experience at the moment.

From the positives:
- I think I am regrowing hair at temples. I have white hairs on both temples and some black hairs popping up (especially on my right temple, have no idea why it works worse for the left one);
- My scalp still feels healthier and I don't feel any pain "in my hair" anymore;

Now negatives:
- I had lots and lots and lots of shedding, which scares me a lot. The problem is that my hair got really worse. Now I can't get away with it at all. I really have to wash my head often, because once it gets dirty, I feel miserable of how it looks. The problem is that I am losing hair on the top of my head and now I can't really comb it on any side. My preference for now is to keep it straight, but it does not look that much great, as I lost density and the rest of the hair feels really light. So my only praying is that this hair will start coming back. Otherwise, it will be really hard to continue for me..

I wanted to share some pics as well, just to show you the progress at the temples. Maybe you can give your opinion as well.
I uploaded the photos here:
https://imgur.com/a/9giZeHt

My camera is not really that much good, so the small hairs are hardly captured on these shots
How long have you been on minoxidil? A shed on minoxidil is normal.

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a lot of different pens out there, my understanding was dr.pen ultima a6 is just a step below so that's what I ended up ordering.
I'm definitely not an expert though, so anyone can feel free to correct this.
But how do we even know the derminator is better? Are there any expert reviews stating as such? From my understanding the forum deemed the derminator better based on owndocs claims that it doesnt cause microtearing. But given how weird and fradulent they are, can we trust these claims?

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, guys!

So, I have done 7 sessions so far. Let me summarize my experience at the moment.

From the positives:
- I think I am regrowing hair at temples. I have white hairs on both temples and some black hairs popping up (especially on my right temple, have no idea why it works worse for the left one);
- My scalp still feels healthier and I don't feel any pain "in my hair" anymore;

Now negatives:
- I had lots and lots and lots of shedding, which scares me a lot. The problem is that my hair got really worse. Now I can't get away with it at all. I really have to wash my head often, because once it gets dirty, I feel miserable of how it looks. The problem is that I am losing hair on the top of my head and now I can't really comb it on any side. My preference for now is to keep it straight, but it does not look that much great, as I lost density and the rest of the hair feels really light. So my only praying is that this hair will start coming back. Otherwise, it will be really hard to continue for me..

I wanted to share some pics as well, just to show you the progress at the temples. Maybe you can give your opinion as well.

My camera is not really that much good, so the small hairs are hardly captured on these shots

Am I crazy? It looks improved.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will eventually do that, but not sure if I am ready already. I am personally considering something shorter than what I have at the moment, so it will look less obvious.

I read your post that after the shave, when you let it grow again, it got worse, and I think it might happen to me as well, so this is also the reason why for now I am keeping it as it is.

Actually now that it is regrowing, i think it actually looks only a little worse as the pre shave.
My reaction was probably because i was not used to see my hair so short and it looked more thin i guess.

I think that my hair loss slowed down considerably after shaving since my stress went way down.
Now that i'm needling it's almost stopped i feel.

Last edited:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man i am incredibly sketched out by derminator people now. I ordered one but their email says it 'take a very long time' to get to Canada, which provides zero concrete frame of reference for when it is considered acceptable by them to ask for a refund, and now that I know they are this f*****g batshit/terrible about support I'm pretty concerned.

Also, they are known scammers!? Lol, what does that say about the quality of their products then/how much of it can you believe? Kinda calls the whole thing into question.
I'm in canaduh. It took about 3 weeks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But how do we even know the derminator is better? Are there any expert reviews stating as such? From my understanding the forum deemed the derminator better based on owndocs claims that it doesnt cause microtearing. But given how weird and fradulent they are, can we trust these claims?

Other than their own claims and the "premium" price point, I have seen no evidence to suggest that the Derminator is a superior product.

As far as the Chinese pens go, I think they are pretty much all the same. I prefer using a wireless one but my wired one works just fine and you can get it for about £25 or $30 now.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, about that.
I remember that info about numberguy and it actually what keeps me being motivated. Just, you know, everyday it gets harder and harder to face the outside world. I think I am a bit behind the ground, and I think it is worth sharing these results as well, because some people with this regime might get even a harder time, if they have less hair. I just hope microneedling did not make my hairloss progress and all the fallen out hair will come back in a month-two or so. Let's see.

Have you seen my progress album? My hair got much worse in the first 2 months but then things got better very quickly after those 2 months.

I am not wearing Toppik in ANY of the photos I have posted but I continued to use it for the first couple of months, so Toppik might help you hide the shed.

I can't see much from your photos but it looks like you still have quite a lot of hair and you are seeing progress in your temples for sure.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shave your head and face the world with your bare scalp.
That will make things much easier. It completely removed my fear.

Now if needling works or not i don't even care.

This has to be the best position you can be in. I never built up the courage to shave my head but if I had shaved my head and liked how I looked, I doubt I'd bother microneedling. Not having hair must make life a lot easier, as long as you're not self conscious about it.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This has to be the best position you can be in. I never built up the courage to shave my head but if I had shaved my head and liked how I looked, I doubt I'd bother microneedling. Not having hair must make life a lot easier, as long as you're not self conscious about it.

You would still be better needling. Even if it only gave you maintenance.
Bald with a frame >>>>> NW6 Bald
It just looks better.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, I would keep it shaved/buzzed all the time if it wasn't for my receeded temples. If you have the headshape and a fit body, it's the ultimate look tbh (Benzema's style is nice). I guess I could get an fue now and fill in my temples, but I have to be sure if the needling will maintain for me, and it's still too early to say after 4 months of needling. What I can say though that my hair is looking better and more healthy, but I suppose I'll have to give it a year or two to really know for sure. Then I can get an fue if it really does maintain.

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Honestly, hairloss would not bother me at all, if i could rock a bald head. My head is just horribly shaped. But the bald look in itself does not bother me, there are plenty guys that look good bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly, hairloss would not bother me at all, if i could rock a bald head. My head is just horribly shaped. But the bald look in itself does not bother me, there are plenty guys that look good bald

I am much the same. My dad suits a shaved head but I had an accident that left me with a massive scar running all the way up the back of my head. I've got a few other smaller scars on my head, too. I've not seen any of them in years because my hair covers them and I'm hoping it stays that way.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, guys!

From the positives:

Now negatives:

I see definite improvement in the temples. Thats a positive in itself. As for the rest of your head, if those hair are of the intermediate variety they have to shed in order to grow thicker hair. Could be whats happening.

HowardWulkan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, guys!

From the positives:

Now negatives:

Are you using minoxidil? if so shedding is pretty common at first

AlwaysSouth

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been reading this thread from outside from few months. I have shiny big bald area - crown, midscalp, temples and frontal. Frontal has some weired coverage with not-so-good hair transplation in the past. I started using the needling from past 3 months with minoxidil. The growth is not as good as some of the guys here. But I noticed small hairs comping up and the shainy bald parts turning into not so shiny. Hope it will take at least an year 1.5 year for me to get some decent coverage.

I tried roller, pen and derminator-2. I notice roller is bit painful. Pen is painful but the pain is sharp, I kind of enjoy it and I think its most effective one. Derminator, I rate it low. Its just waste of money (Bought Derminator and 10 extra needle cartridge). Not as effecive as pen and its ridiculously expensive for its work. And very often I keep getting this error - magent stuck or missing. Its not true. Magnet is there. Its just after a few days later. I e-mailed, created a support ticket but not response. Derma-stamp is the only one I didn't try.

I will post pics when I have decent coverage.

Last edited:

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
So cilostazol is a legit minoxidil replacement? Is it easy to get?
Based on everything I’ve researched it seems like it could be, Vasodilator with PDE3 inhibition. I’m still waiting on it to get here from China. I ordered 25 grams of it for like $125 all in price off Alibaba. I will definitely keep y’all updated on progress with it. I’m going to mix a topical of Niacinimide, Procyanidin, Cilostazol, Equol and sandalore.