Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 381 | HairLossTalk Forums

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Armando Jose

Armando Jose Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I have the recent pictures
    PM if you want

albert likes this.
  2. 74775446

74775446 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've forgotten who put it together so sorry I can't give credit but one of the regular posters here compiled some:

http://imgur.com/a/9moOBwA

albert and overpourgoodfortune like this.
  3. paul1988

paul1988 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome back numberguy! Glad to know that we'll be able to keep monitoring your progress

74775446 likes this.
  4. paul1988

Dislikes Received:
    And you havent felt like having a bad hair day? That'd be good news as in it may seems that microneedling results are solid.
    Lately I'm missing 1 or 2 days of min and/or finas a week and worries me that that's enough to f*** it all up

5. overpourgoodfortune

overpourgoodfortune Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It is a constant challenge. There's been some good summaries over time by a few dedicated users here. Someone already posted the imgur compilation which was the first <200 pages or so by @ThinnerBeginner

@nohairnolife did this summary of the most significant responders to date on Page 377.

Ideally it would be nice to begin compiling this on a separate results based thread with background included on everyone's regimens. Especially since some are not purely minoxidil+Needling.

#7605 overpourgoodfortune, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  6. kiwipilu

kiwipilu Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    inflammation is surely caused by the aag itself(dht). I also had mild dermatitis and dandruff and since I started dermarolling my skin looks way better. I even dropped nizoral

Arrade and overpourgoodfortune like this.
  7. JJL58

JJL58 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Im still waiting for someone to answer: does ketaconzole defeat the purpose of needling? Ketaconzole is an anti inflammatory and wounding regenerates hair by inflammation.

paul1988 likes this.
  8. paul1988

Dislikes Received:

Either that or edit this one's thread OP (@ZenHead ) or the FAQS one (@Bill_Russo )

9. lenuam

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Do you consume pumpkin seed oil and and turmeric in the form of capsules or food items?

10. kungfukenny

kungfukenny Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Is drawing blood absolutely necessary? I needle at 1.5mm and get no blood, just slight redness at temples. Does this mean I’m not pressing hard enough?

11. NarWhal7

NarWhal7 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Very true. When I started taking photos I didn't think about consistent angles and lighting. Also realized how bad phones are at close up photos, at least my phone anyway.

It's quick to lose track of where you started especially when looking every day. Those closest to you who see you every day won't say anything about the gradual changes either. Combination of the gradualness of the changes with the fact that its perceived as a sensitive thing to talk about a balding dudes hair, even if it's intended as a compliment, I guess.

overpourgoodfortune likes this.
  12. NarWhal7

NarWhal7 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    People definitely bleed at different rates, and it's hard not to question effectiveness if you aren't seeing blood.

I just did my first 1.5mm derma pen last night (on medium speed) and got no blood whatsoever, but a very red and sensitive scalp, which is still red 16 hours later.

I was getting a little bit of blood from the 1.5mm derma rolling but that may have been because of the wider angles the rolling takes as opposed to stamping, it may have just been gashing me a bit.

I don't know if there is enough data out there to definitively state whether bleeding is necessary or not. I do know that I will be upping the speed and/or depth to see if I will bleed and can take the pain if I increase. I will just push to my limit regardless of if I bleed or not.

kungfukenny likes this.
  13. 74775446

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    No idea but I used it while I was getting my results. I haven't used it for a couple of months now but I did at the start once or twice a week.

LowHairLine likes this.
  14. 74775446

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    No it isn't necessary. There's no mention of blood in the studies: the Indian one, for example, refers only to 'mild erythema'.

kungfukenny likes this.
  15. infinitepain

infinitepain Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    But it is true, most of the best regrowths are from finasteride+min users, dutasteride users.. dermaroll/pen only users are a novelty so not as much evidence of success.

What's clear is that we want ideally use EVERYTHING. We must nuke androgens from our scalp as well as use whatever growth factors this triggers. Of course we must do it locally, not become choirboys.. that's the challenge.

FCKW36 likes this.
  16. infinitepain

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice, to contribute to the database, ideally participants would test their hormone, vitamin, mineral levels.. anything that could be related to growth factors. Namely, thyroid hormonal levels, sexual hormones (DHT, etc) growth factors such as GH, IGF 1, and other relevant growth factors.. that's what we should do if we want to be scientific and see which profiles are the ones responding the best at dermapen or dermarolling.

nohairnolife likes this.
  17. infinitepain

Dislikes Received:
    Minoxidil afaik has a lifetime of around 22 hours, so assuming the healing of the scalp is almost done in a couple of days.. thats just a couple of days of increased absorption in 14 days.

Unless dermarolling or penning has a permanent change in the structure of the scalp allowing for increased absorption even if you do it every 2 weeks as the chinese study, i don't see how it would be relevant to put minoxidil right after. Just trying to use logic here.

18. infinitepain

Dislikes Received:
    My theory(s) on that guy's lost of hair:

1) He has suffered from something similar to damage done by hair transplants: shock loss, due the agressive rolling
    2) Androgens have fucked up his hair and cancelled the regrowth
    3) It's a scam

19. infinitepain

Dislikes Received:
    To be frank that looks fucked up. Are you at least regrowing hair?

20. stillwaters

stillwaters New Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure what that means -- I haven't lost more hair since I started. What hair appears to be growing, is growing in the reverse pattern as I lost it.

The guys complaining about not getting to norwood 0 or 1 seem odd to me. I've been balding since a teenager (I'm 36 now). It got me upset in the beginning and I'd check this board every year and everything was always "5-6 years away" and most people lost hope and assumed going bald was inevitable. Now people are growing their hair back in a matter of months and it's still hard for me (and many others) to believe. If you're at a n1 or n2 or whatever and you're on this board, you may be the first people in human existence that were able to "catch their hairloss before it got worse" and believe with some confidence that you can keep the hair you have without paying for transplants.

#7620 stillwaters, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    kiwi666, Pigeon, kungfukenny and 5 others like this.