Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 379 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So you were on big 3 for years? And you only started needling 6 months ago?

Results are impressive!

Like I said, imagine how many people have results and are lurking here

bigjimmy likes this.
  2. NarWhal7

NarWhal7 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Was only on big 3 for 3 months without any needling. Then I introduced needling about 6 months ago. So i've been on big 3 for 9 months and needling for almost 6. So for me hard to say exactly how much the needling has helped, but it definitely hasn't hurt any.
    I currently have more hair than in those early January pics but probably only noticeable to myself. I used to be able to count every single hair that showed up and now I only notice new hairs that are popping up on my hair line as those are few and far between.

#7562 NarWhal7, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Pigeon and ToLGuy like this.
  3. paul1988

paul1988 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    God bless you for bringing hope and hype to this thread and congratulations on your MASSIVE results.
    I have needled 5 times (every 10 days, I started 8th of january) and I still havent seen improvement, but I know it's still soon and posts like yours make me look forward to my next butchery

4. paul1988

Dislikes Received:
    I have no doubt it has definitely played a big part in this. No one responds this good to finas+minoxidil. Come on you were a slick NW7 and now a NW4. More needling, a small hair transplant and you'll be a new person

overpourgoodfortune likes this.
  5. qwerty07

qwerty07 New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    In response to Lenuam as well:

Natural DHT Blockers (Blocks by 5-AR types 1 and 2, potentially 3 as well)

Pumpkin Seed Oil (1000mg)
    Tumeric(1000mg)
    - OK so with Tumeric you have to make sure it has Black pepper extract, this helps to make it more bioavailable in the body for easy absorption. I do believe the Pumpkin Seed Oil and Tumeric work synergistically because Tumeric is also more bioavailable if you take it with a fat. Pumpkin seed oil is high in fatty acids and they may work best together. (Using just these 2 together I was able to get rid of ALL my acne, acne is caused by DHT as well)
    Saw Palmetto
    Stinging Nettle Root
    Reishi Mushrooms

These are all very good but I can say that Pumpkin Seed Oil alone didn't do much. I noticed a larger difference when using it with Tumeric. I started PSO in Nov 2014, I didn't add Tumeric until end of Oct 2015. It took 8 weeks and then one day I woke up and my acne was gone, face felt different and its been ever since then I've not broken out. I get MAYBE 1 pimple, very small, every 3 months or so. Now I've done quite a bit of reading on this and PSO does a better job at inhibiting type 2 5-AR which is responsible for Hairloss, where Tumeric seems to do a better job at inhibiting type 1 5-AR which deals more with skin inflammation and oil production. My acne did clean up a little bit on PSO alone, and my hair did also seem to darken up a bit once I added Tumeric in. So this is why I say they work best together.

Sorry this was a little off topic but I want to make sure I am able to explain my self accurately. There are TONS of studies on this. Just make sure you read up on 5-AR and its Types and how they effect us. Tons of studies on people who have NO 5-AR enzymes and have full heads of hair and no acne. The other medications DEFINITELY work, finasteride, Duta, Avodart, they work by same mechanisms just made in a lab. Everyone is different, not everything works for everyone.

ComeBackTemples and hellyeahCB like this.
  6. itchymadscalp

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    https://imgur.com/a/FOL39 are you sure ?

#7566 itchymadscalp, Feb 26, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    DHTcel and Headdy like this.
  7. ImpedingReceding

ImpedingReceding Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What i meant was i occasionally see insane results but they are just a one time thing, in this needling thread crazy results appear again and again, that is what gives me hope. One person getting insane regrowth is nice to see but means very little, when it repeats over and over again it starts to become interesting

8. overpourgoodfortune

overpourgoodfortune Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @itchymadscalp - I'm not sure her regimen was something most men would be willing to do, despite the amazing results. Interesting though she has needled for awhile too!

9. NilesCrane

NilesCrane Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Finished my 20th session last Saturday! One more month for the full six months like in the trial :)

10. overpourgoodfortune

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @NilesCrane - Nice! Are you looking more like Niles now? Or Frasier?

NilesCrane likes this.
  11. ToLGuy

ToLGuy Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    By the way, how's your crown doing? You said a month ago that your crown was finally starting to respond. Is it still improving?

12. paul1988

Dislikes Received:
    @Headdy why would you dislike a post like that? You're a dick

Norwood Recovery likes this.
  13. paul1988

Dislikes Received:
    How's it going mate?

14. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Not impressed by guys going on a full blown tranny regimen to regrow their hair.

fauxhawk, kiwi666, Pelimorfo and 6 others like this.
  15. nohairnolife

nohairnolife Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Jeez look at those results

I am altho it's not practical for most of us

Anybody know off-hand any particular studies about minoxidil and collagen? I could Google it later but maybe someone knows of one. I'll update my post in a little bit

theotherusero likes this.
  16. Headdy

Headdy Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Take it easy... don't get upset because some stranger disliked one of your posts.
    It was because he started big 3 about three months prior to needling so the hype in this case is too much imo

17. Bill_Russo

Bill_Russo Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Good for you, you don't get sides with Minoxidil! But sadly you ≠ everyone else.
    A roster of common side effects lists people experiencing dizziness, fainting, chest pain, irregular heartbeat, difficult breathing and even unusual weight gain.
    So much for "no sides" eh?
    Nice to see yet another case of regrowth on completely bald areas. Congrats and welcome, buddy!

18. tressful11

tressful11 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    After reading @chen 's post I decided to buy a 1MM dermaroller and try a less frequent version of his regimen.
    Old regimen -> Derma-rolling with 1.5mm dermaroller until mild bleeding (just mild tiny cuts. Not as aggressive bleeding as some others). I used to do this once a week. No minoxidil for 24 hrs after dermarolling and I used to feel some burning sensation on the scalp for a day or two after dermarolling.

I tried chen's style today. I did not derma-roll the old way until mild bleeding but just rolled across the scalp for 10 mins normally. Like massaging in some sense. Now 4 hrs later when I was applying minoxidil I could feel slight pain in the scalp while using my finger to spread the minoxidil.

My theory is that although there's no visible damage there is indeed some micro-level injury to the scalp. This causes the body to release healing factors to the scalp (similar to what happens when you get small cuts). By doing this everyday chen was able to reverse the balding because the healing factors released by the body nourished his hair follicles and the hair started getting healthier over time.

So, my new regimen is ->
    1) Mild rolling like chen twice a week so that the body keeps releasing growth factors.
    2) Old style of harsher rolling once a week with 1.5mm

I am not sure if it will work and if it works will it work as well as it works for chen. But I'll try my best to document the process honestly and post my results here.

19. overpourgoodfortune

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @tressful11 - it is hard to argue with his results! Do you feel that your 1.5mm harsher rolling should be cut to bi-weekly, or monthly - if you're doing a more frequent lighter rolling?

20. tressful11

tressful11 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I am certainly willing to experiment. I will continue modifying the regimen as and when I feel necessary. Right now with weekly harsh rolling I am going to give the scalp 2-3 days to heal and then do the mild rolling. Mild rolling will only be twice a week. So it's still not as frequent as chen's regimen